Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/14/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT

For user names?

I've seen some lame number/letter combos and others appear to be senseless words/jabber.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
you expect too much from sock puppets and lefty trolls...
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno man, I’m just here for the entertainment. I never leave disappointed!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Scripts are easy to write...
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Senseless words and jabber
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I member when you were just a low post count new guy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
what do you mean like SD 307 ?  give us some examples
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It makes sense to me at least
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
You haven't been around here very long.

Every gun panic, hundreds are driven here searching for 'ar-15'. Decent ones stay, others lose interest.

This time... things are different. I think since Trump, there has been a serious uptick in accounts here to work in concert to achieve a goal contrary to the site.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Look below your post.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Every gun panic, hundreds are driven here searching for 'ar-15'. Decent ones stay, others lose interest.

This time... things are different. I think since Trump, there has been a serious uptick in accounts here to work in concert to achieve a goal contrary to the site.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
At some point, all the good names have to be taken. Maybe we're at that point.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You need a hobby.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For user names?

I've seen some lame number/letter combos and others appear to be senseless words/jabber.

You need a hobby.  

Are you hobbying right NEOW?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Look below your post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look below your post.

That's actually one of the better ones I've seen in a while
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Just came here to see if  you were a 13er
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are New 2020 Members Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel?

Hell no, I've seen some long term members be lower than the crap that build up beneath the barrel for a very long time.
View Quote

Didn't read the op?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's actually one of the better ones I've seen in a while
View Quote

This pleases the mast
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, not to derail the thread, but what's up with the ruffling robes on death there op, it looks like he's masterbating
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are New 2020 Members Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel?

Hell no, I've seen some long term members be lower than the crap that build up beneath the barrel for a very long time.
View Quote

Edgy sir. Edgy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This pleases the mast
View Quote

Whoa whoa! Point that thing somewhere else, yo!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For user names?

View Quote

Or, maybe the combination actually means something to me?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hey, not to derail the thread, but what's up with the ruffling robes on death there op, it looks like he's masterbating
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's turbating his mast.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's turbating his mast.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Look who's talking.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's turbating his mast.
View Quote

Stroking the ol scythe
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Awww, I feel the wubs..

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flashman
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Bunch of haters here wish they had my name. Y'all are hoping I get banned so you can take it. Not going to happen.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#29]
it's all been downhill since December 2002
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Personally I think 2014 was the pinnacle time for memberships.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#33]
19 is the best year because just about all of us are gone already.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Look on the bright side,  less underscores to worry about.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No, it isn't the Arfcom Razor in play. It is simply that we have more idiotic edge lords flooding the forum since these people have grown up to the point of being able to operate a internet connected tablet. Radicalization is happening. People cannot agree to disagree. Instead of seeing the 95% of things they have in common. They see anything in the 5% as directed hatred and want it eradicated. You're seeing the polarization of society on GD. Also, some people clearly are justr mentally unstable.

The internet is an amazing and horrific tool. It gives a person all the knowledge of mankind at their fingertips and it gives a voice, a platform, and an ability tp network to people that in the past would have been shunned. These people were the social rejects that in the past would have been left in a shitty tenet flat in the middle of shit'sville or they'd be in some hovel on the outskirts of town and parents would tell their kids to avoid them.

Now that they have the internet. These broken people have an ability to seek out other broken fucktards like them and build little echo chambers and grow in number.

I sometimes wish the internet happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it isn't the Arfcom Razor in play. It is simply that we have more idiotic edge lords flooding the forum since these people have grown up to the point of being able to operate a internet connected tablet. Radicalization is happening. People cannot agree to disagree. Instead of seeing the 95% of things they have in common. They see anything in the 5% as directed hatred and want it eradicated. You're seeing the polarization of society on GD. Also, some people clearly are justr mentally unstable.

The internet is an amazing and horrific tool. It gives a person all the knowledge of mankind at their fingertips and it gives a voice, a platform, and an ability tp network to people that in the past would have been shunned. These people were the social rejects that in the past would have been left in a shitty tenet flat in the middle of shit'sville or they'd be in some hovel on the outskirts of town and parents would tell their kids to avoid them.

Now that they have the internet. These broken people have an ability to seek out other broken fucktards like them and build little echo chambers and grow in number.

I can sympathize with pretty much everything you said, but.. chill out, hermano. It's just a thread about user names.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah...we know who the runts of the litter are.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I can sympathize with pretty much everything you said, but.. chill out, hermano. It's just a thread about user names.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 'net is just a tool, just like a gun. What it can or cannot do because of how it functions determines a little bit of how it will be used, but it's the nut behind the wheel that determines how it's used.

I forget, how old are the kids that grew up with no actual experience of a no-internet world?  Mid twenties, I think?

What will be worse is when the kids raised with a tablet/smartphone post 2007 get into their twenties and thirties.

My generation was raised by the NES and the TV tube, and that has not been kind to us. We've seen what being raised with the internet your whole life does, but at least those kids, the older of them at least, have some idea of how to get away from it.

Those will be some WILD usernames that make no sense at all (you should SEE some of the names kids have now).
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, in all fairness, the best ones were taken early on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No.... I want to rant like an old man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I sometimes wish the internet didn't happened.
View Quote

TL;DR
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He's turbating his mast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's turbating his mast.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Reported.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91271/4A6D822C-8668-463C-B5EE-86B8FD3CF164-1314982.gif

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Some seem 'familiar'...
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Some people suck at creativity
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I sometimes wish the internet didn't happened.
View Quote

I disagree.

I've been on 'the internet' since the late 70's where you had to go to a college unix terminal. The web has been giving cranks a megaphone since forever. I've been through *every* iteration of arf beginning with the listserv. Without uncorking an old rant, the occupancy of this grouping of electrons have fundamentally changed.

No freeloading

I picked my name kind of lightly. Had I known it would be my internet persona for around 20 years, I might have put actual thought into it. I've set up accounts for others at places, and get about fucking tired after three solid minutes of USER NAME ALREADY TAKEN lol

I still see the occasional new member with a catchy user name, so, dunno. Go look at reddit or the chans; these selections aren't SOso bad lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top