Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/16/2022 6:28:46 PM EDT
In the last couple of years I've been able to see in person how disgusting San Francisco and Portland are, as well as a few others.

Are they *all* like that? I read here a few weeks ago about Anchorage being compared to Portland. I never ever speak out about liberal shitholes because I don't have enough information about it to argue. Are there any large conservative cities doing well to compare?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Every one run by leftists.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they are all like that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes…yes they are, and it’s already happening in medium cities too…it’s a cancer with no cure at the moment
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So all of them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Let’s ask the question in another manner: Can anyone name a large city that isn’t like that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Notice how the cities that had riots and looting in the summer of 2020 were run by Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
New Orleans actually smells a little better these days, but probably twice as liklely to get shot, stabbed, murdered, car jacked or raped
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes and they should be avoided at all cost. Was in San Francisco on business drinking coffee one morning and witnessed a junkie taking a shit in the middle of the street. He proceeds to pick it up and throw it at cars passing by.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The Manhattan part of NYC was good.  Can’t say much more, it was my first time there.  Reno has some street folks that spooked my wife but never said anything (other than ask for a cigarette) remotely aggressive in our bit of walking around.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Are their any big cities not Dem run ? And how is it that big cities are like that; it's where fleeing leftist tend to go i guess.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Dallas and Fort Worth are good examples to look at. Dallas being a liberal run shit hole and Fort Worth being relative conservative but slowly turning more purple than I would like to see. I used to live in downtown Dallas - I've seen homeless shitting in the streets, drugged out zombie looking fuckers, trash hoarders piling shit up at bus stops, 7/11 locations that look like a watering hole in Africa as far as danger is concerned, folks with schizophrenia walking around and talking or yelling to nothing, street racers closing off intersections and doing donuts while shooting off fireworks, homeless coming into a restaurant and demanding a bit of your food, a couple of shootings, race riots in 2020, more protests that I would have cared to listen to outside my window. I had enough, sold and went across town to a sleepy nice affluent suburb and its fucking awesome despite the across DFW drive to work. Downtown Fort Worth is starting to have more homeless, but they are mostly kept to a certain area. I think Fort Worth has better kept streets than Dallas, better staffing with PD and fire, better sanitation. I do think the Tax dollars in tarrant ciunty are better spent than Dallas. I will never live in Dallas County again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes they are all like that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Fort worth isn't too bad

Statistically it's pretty safe and clean (at least compared to Dallas)
https://uphomes.com/blog/moving-to-fort-worth-tx/

ETA: beat like an old rug
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
It's not even the real big cities.
We used to go down to Madison's downtown area around the Capitol (not a very large area) maybe once a year, catch dinner and a show somewhere right downtown. Or we used to go to Canoecopia, the paddlesports show.
It got worse and worse. We haven't been there in 4 years now. No plans on ever wasting the long drive down there now.

I took my young son down when the commies took over the Capitol and trashed it. Just for him to see their lunacy. It happened to be the same time as the Canoecopia event.
He learned a lot that day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
New Orleans actually smells a little better these days, but probably twice as liklely to get shot, stabbed, murdered, car jacked or raped
View Quote

There is absolutely nothing that could get me to ever go back to that shithole.  It's lost for good IMO.
https://www.fox8live.com/2022/10/04/latest-victim-new-orleans-interstate-shootings-was-73-year-old-man/
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Does Oklahoma City count as "big" for these purposes?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Let's ask the question in another manner: Can anyone name a large city that isn't like that?
View Quote
Pittsburgh Pa
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pittsburgh Pa
View Quote
Pittsburgh is really nice. Cities are all about balancing and the problem with a city is that you can't get a good sense of what it's like unless you live there and get out of the places frequented by tourists.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#20]
We're vacationing in Savanah right now, last time was 5 years ago. The other day we were down on River Street and the increase in homeless was astounding.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Let’s ask the question in another manner: Can anyone name a large city that isn’t like that?
View Quote

I think the KS side of KC is pretty nice, and downtown KCMO seems decent from our last visit.

Wichita is a small city and I don’t see those issues here either.

Even Salina, when I was there a few months ago, surprised me at how much the downtown has developed and cleaned up.
Topeka’s a shithole still IMO.

The places I go in OKC and Dallas seem good, but Austin’s turned into a CA cesspool.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Of course not.

…oh, you meant American cities? Yeah, they’re all disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Philly is a total shithole. I was there Friday and yesterday. I try to avoid it as much as possible.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, in my experience, based on the city I was born in(NYC) and the closest one to where I actually consider home (Philadelphia) I would say worse now, but they were always disgusting, crime and disease ridden.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Never in 50 years have I seen a big city I liked ??????? I’ve traveled coast to coast and around the world.

All concrete, pavement and lots of people and dog shit .   No thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#26]

I graduated from Wichita State about 30 years ago. At that time there were some pretty rough areas. Hopefully it’s not worse than I remember as the majority of the city was GTG. Salina only counts as a big city to people from Kansas
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Was there a time when big cities weren’t disgusting?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I spent some time in Boise recently… it actually stuck out to me just how clean it was compared to other cities I’ve traveled to in the last few years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, the few hold outs have now been completely ransacked, and filled with the amish and others committing crimes without recourse. It is almost Judge Dredd, but with more shootings...LOL...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Manhattan part of NYC was good.  Can’t say much more, it was my first time there.  Reno has some street folks that spooked my wife but never said anything (other than ask for a cigarette) remotely aggressive in our bit of walking around.
View Quote

NYC is going to shit.  There is random violence in nice parts of Manhattan all the time now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Always have been.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Define "BIG" city.

I'm a small town guy so anything over 100 K people is big.  There are some nice larger cities.  Up to about 250 - 500K.  Beyond that, I don't know of any I would make much effort to visit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Philly is a total shithole. I was there Friday and yesterday. I try to avoid it as much as possible.
View Quote

Oh yeah, I’ve never smelled a stronger stench of human urine than I did in one of the septa stations there. Would NOT want to send my kids to a university in that shithole.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn't think Tulsa was bad, if that counts as a big city? We stayed in a nice area, so maybe I just didn't see the crackhead part of town.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I’ve never smelled a stronger stench of human urine than I did in one of the septa stations there. Would NOT want to send my kids to a university in that shithole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to Temple and my wife went to LaSalle. I have to wonder how we didn't die. And I don't do Septa. I can only imagine the urine smell as the locals try to rob and kill you these days.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Only the ones run by Democrats  . . .  which is most all of them.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, the closer the left reaches their progressive ideals, the closer it becomes hell for everyone else.  Look at the flight from San Franciscograd, Californiastan, New York, etc.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Tokyo is pretty darn clean.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Tulsa
Okc
Fort Worth
Tampa
Miami
Pittsburg
Columbus
Tokyo
London
Paris
Dublin

Those are all great to me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Tulsa
Okc
Fort Worth
Tampa
Miami
Pittsburg
Columbus
Tokyo
London
Paris
Dublin

Those are all great to me.
View Quote

Miami wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be, but I’d never put it on the same list as Tokyo. I mean, I’ve never been hassled by cracked out haitians in Tokyo…
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think Dallas and Fort Worth are good examples to look at. Dallas being a liberal run shit hole and Fort Worth being relative conservative but slowly turning more purple than I would like to see. I used to live in downtown Dallas - I've seen homeless shitting in the streets, drugged out zombie looking fuckers, trash hoarders piling shit up at bus stops, 7/11 locations that look like a watering hole in Africa as far as danger is concerned, folks with schizophrenia walking around and talking or yelling to nothing, street racers closing off intersections and doing donuts while shooting off fireworks, homeless coming into a restaurant and demanding a bit of your food, a couple of shootings, race riots in 2020, more protests that I would have cared to listen to outside my window. I had enough, sold and went across town to a sleepy nice affluent suburb and its fucking awesome despite the across DFW drive to work. Downtown Fort Worth is starting to have more homeless, but they are mostly kept to a certain area. I think Fort Worth has better kept streets than Dallas, better staffing with PD and fire, better sanitation. I do think the Tax dollars in tarrant ciunty are better spent than Dallas. I will never live in Dallas County again.
View Quote

My BIL & SIL live in Highland Park. You can't imagine how happy I am that they are now 100% surrounded by shitty everything.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#43]
I spend considerable time on Broadway in Nashville, honky tonk row as I call it. It's gotten sooo bad that the carriage driver, a very homely looking girl, open carries. (I took this picture today)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Went on a 3200 mile road trip last year. Visited a bunch of military museums and ships around the gulf coast.

New Orleans is disgusting. Everything is covered in mold and mildew. The sidewalks are crumbling. Potholes everywhere. Trash blowing around like tumble weeds. The worst thing was the bbq joint near the hotel doesn't serve sweet iced tea. I'll never go back.

San Antonio on the other hand was very clean. At least around the Alamo. Their public works department was actively cleaning the streets. They even have mini street sweepers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Actually, I just came from DC.  It's still relatively clean.  As long as you stay out of the usual rich and vibrant neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Never in 50 years have I seen a big city I liked ??????? I’ve traveled coast to coast and around the world.

All concrete, pavement and lots of people and dog shit .   No thanks.
View Quote

How Big of a city?

because Miami and Key West are fuckin boss
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

In town for a few days, first time since Mardi Gras 2020, and the downtown NOLA area is an order of magnitude shittier than it was two years ago. The amount of graffiti and trash everywhere was immediately noticeable. The burned out car and pickup truck on the way to Charlie's Steakhouse was a nice touch too...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes, 53 years in chicago, was better when the oh so corrupt Daleys ran it. Everyone knew where the boundaries were.

North siders and far south siders weren't what neighborhood you were from but what parish (Catholic schools).

When Rahm Emanuel took over it was a free for all, well, Daley Jr started in his insane exit.

All the neighborhoods I knew turned to shit. Trying to get all my friends, mostly LEO and city workers, states attorneys, etc to come up here. All are conservative red voters.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Waco isn’t too bad.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#50]
If you want to know if a city is going to be a shithole just check to see if it is run by Democrats before visiting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top