User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Garden tractors of 30 to 40 years ago weren't the "riding mowers" of today.
View Quote

this.

we had a sears garden tractor with some attachments.  It did a pretty good job on some things
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I think if you can and have land both are useful.

I just used my Massey Ferguson to bush hog and my little Poulon tractor with a trailer to mow around the house and pull stuff back and forth from the shop with its trailer.

To be honest the little tractor gets more use on a daily bases

I have around seven and a half acres split between woods, pasture and roads.  It is a super weird shape of land that has 3000 feet of perimeter road.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

this.

we had a sears garden tractor with some attachments.  It did a pretty good job on some things
View Quote

I just sold my old sears suburban ss16 with a still strong Onan engine in it. It had a "cat 0" hitch, and I had a small plow, disk, and mowing deck for it. It worked pretty good for is size, and unlike lawn tractors these days it was actually tough and built out of real metal.  Hell I even pulled fence posts with it at one time.

The reality is it was long ago relegated to specialty tasks once I got my Kubota L3200... So it really wasn't needed anymore. Felt strange selling it though...
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Deere 325 and a Massey Ferguson GC1723EB. The Deere is a qualified garden tractor and does a great job mowing, tilling, and snow blowing. Haven't got the same attachments for the massey but I don't feel like I need them.
View Quote

Amazing how that tractor has a K71, the newest Deere's in the same range only have a K46.

Tells you what they are trying to sell.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top