Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cuts down on people asking you to use your phone too.  
View Quote
Who asks to to use someone elses phone these days? That shits behind us now
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Most lackluster, non critical response I expect from South Carolina over here.
View Quote

Making friends with a quickness I see. As far as your topic, TikTok is far more detrimental to us than 5G.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Killing our minds and social skills maybe, but otherwise no.  The RF radiation is non-ionizing radiation.
View Quote

Cell phone zombies, rotting peoples minds, depending on a tool for things like GPS and thinking sure.  5G won’t go thru glass.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Making friends with a quickness I see. As far as your topic, TikTok is far more detrimental to us than 5G.
View Quote

Valid point
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe you should enlighten us and the rest of the world since apparently the CDC doesn’t even know if modern cell phones are killing us or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sounds like another retread that doesn't understand the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation.

Maybe you should enlighten us and the rest of the world since apparently the CDC doesn’t even know if modern cell phones are killing us or not.

I don't rely on the CDC to tell me shit - they're far too political to be objective about anything.

Instead, go to your local community college and take physics 101.  Or, order this excellent book, and read it carefully.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0880292512?tag=arfcom00-20

Until you can explain to me the difference between a EM wave in the radio part of the spectrum, and a EM wave in the ultra violet spectrum,  its pointless to debate this issue with you.

Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't rely on the CDC to tell me shit - they're far too political to be objective about anything.

Instead, go to your local community college and take physics 101.  Or, order this excellent book, and read it carefully.  

Until you can explain to me the difference between a EM wave in the radio part of the spectrum, and a EM wave in the ultra violet spectrum,  its pointless to debate this issue with you.

View Quote

Noted and actually surprisingly helpful
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Phones are tested in isolated environments to allow for accurate detection and documentation of EM emissions.
This happens in all phases of the design process.

keep in mind your phone barely has enough power to reach a tower 2 miles away and will cycle down the radio when not needed to conserve battery.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For the past several days I've been doing research on cellphones and in general emitting radiation, and the whole suspicions behind 5G. Though which doesn't come to my surprise, the internet has no conclusive answer as if any of these things are actually harmful to our mind and body. All that I found is inconclusive, half-assed research done to support whether or not modern technology is slowly killing us or not. So I beg to ask what your thoughts are, since apparently even researchers can't be reliable.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who asks to to use someone elses phone these days? That shits behind us now
View Quote
Stand on a ladder and jokes wont go over your head as often
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Countless geek groups with far more expertise, and you ask here, where we can’t even agree that .45ACP is the Lord’s round?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I too found it shocking at first that there are people on here with their heads screwed on. What modern researchers and scientists lack these days (which some may find surprising) is common sense and basic knowledge. Which I see is constantly found here... for the most part.
From my experience I've gained more useful knowledge from here than any other resource available on the internet.
View Quote

If you believe that, why did you bother reading their findings?

That's a rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the newest addiction, digital heroin.  Made worse by the Plandemic. If you know someone who is always on their device, ask what their screen usage is like.

Psychotic junkies
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#15]
What could go wrong with putting a device next to your head that works off the same concept as how you cook scrambled eggs?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
5G turned me into a newt
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I used to be indecisive but now I am not so sure anymore.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Ionizing and non-ionizing radiation has been well studied. Looneys want to claim that the RF radiation from cell phones is different than if that same radiation comes from a different source.

Be careful because if you take cell phones from people they may go outside and get exposed to the cancerous radiation being emitted constantly by the sun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Who is 'us'?

Humans?
Penguins?
Walruses?
Cats?
Dogs?
Ponies?
Pirates?
Spiders?
Midcaps?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:Maybe you should enlighten us and the rest of the world since apparently the CDC doesn’t even know if modern cell phones are killing us or not.
View Quote

The liberals can't define what a woman is. Understanding 100-year old RF technology would be impossible for them. Like trying to teach your dog to golf impossible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For the past several days I've been doing research on cellphones and in general emitting radiation, and the whole suspicions behind 5G. Though which doesn't come to my surprise, the internet has no conclusive answer as if any of these things are actually harmful to our mind and body. All that I found is inconclusive, half-assed research done to support whether or not modern technology is slowly killing us or not. So I beg to ask what your thoughts are, since apparently even researchers can't be reliable.
View Quote
i wouldn't worry about the cell phone without first worrying about AM/FM, Ham, TV, Satellite phones, however pagers worked, police/fire/ems radio, military comms, XM radio, Satellite TV.....

Point is, there's a shit-ton more radiation in the air than there was 100 years ago, of our own making.

That's without the cumulative output from all those A bomb tests in the cold war.

Yeah, I doubt there's a study  but it makes logical sense.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a stupid theory and I have searched far and wide for affirmation of my stupid theory and found nothing to corroborate it.
Why?
Is it a conspiracy?

I know I'll find the largest gaggle of goofy goobers to ask.

Holy Shit!!! There are actually knowledgeable people here!!! Must cover my shame with quirky comments.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Killing our minds and social skills maybe, but otherwise no.  The RF radiation is non-ionizing radiation.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Only cellphones using 5G frequencies is a danger?  

What about everything else on those frequencies?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Judging by the number of folks I see screwing with them behind the wheel.......
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe it’s the air that kills us slowly?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Interestingly, as I recal,l your microwave oven produces non-ionizing radiation as well, yet it will boil water and cook your meal until it is charcoal if exposed to this non-ionizing radiation.  RF has been used for heating things to very high temperatures for decades.  I would suggest you do your research before you find yourself getting another Mnra shot.
View Quote

What's the difference between dropping a fishing weight made of lead on your head and dropping a 1200 barbell worth of lead on your head?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Only cellphones using 5G frequencies is a danger?  

What about everything else on those frequencies?
View Quote
Wait till they find out it's on the same frequencies as LTE. for the most part all they did was add a G.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I deleted my work email account off my phone and relieved a shit ton of stress.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What's the difference between dropping a fishing weight made of lead on your head and dropping a 1200 barbell worth of lead on your head?
View Quote

People have died from both. Relatively minor traumas kill some and losing 50% of the brain mass of others still leaves a functional bio-bot. The general recommendation is avoid blunt force trauma to the head where possible. Also one should not saw off their dick.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#33]
They’re killing our society for sure.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
5G turned me into a newt
View Quote

A Newt?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#35]
5G is radio
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Yup.

This as first ever post on arfcom sets off a bunch of alarms.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That doesn't mean it's not harmful.  It just means it can't cause a much more significant kind of harm.  Microwaves can kill you just fine.  Even HF can kill you if you are really dumb and unlucky.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Social media is. Phones are just one of the major access points.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A Newt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5G turned me into a newt

A Newt?

5G did this?

Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I am a engineer (in training ) who deals with RF, antennas, and testing of them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here's a book a member here recommended about how the internet affects our brains. I never read it because I no longer have the extension attention span to read books.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14563/B43B0A08-A4BB-445F-8028-21D667D60351-2627907.jpg
View Quote

I think I recommend it.

It’s mercifully short so the audiobook is quite tolerable. Now if I could just remember what it was about
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I too found it shocking at first that there are people on here with their heads screwed on. What modern researchers and scientists lack these days (which some may find surprising) is common sense and basic knowledge. Which I see is constantly found here... for the most part.
From my experience I've gained more useful knowledge from here than any other resource available on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Countless geek groups with far more expertise, and you ask here, where we can’t even agree that .45ACP is the Lord’s round?

Is it common sense you're finding here;  or confirmation bias?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
This wouldn't be covered in PY101 or 102.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#44]
if it ain't about

SHOTTYs

TACOs

or YOTES

I'm out

bye, mr. man
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And to answer your question, I was raised by a firearms instructor. I’ve had guns in the palms of my hands since I was three.
View Quote

and you traveled through time just to support another single-digit nonpaying account...lol

good bye, mister man
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you go outside in the bright sun for 10 minutes you get far more electromagnetic radiation than a cell phone will deliver in a week under normal conditions.  

FYI, I was the first civilian to be approved to operate non-ionizing equipment by NASA.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#47]
No one knows for sure other than the original individual who designed them to kill you.

How is his health?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This wouldn't be covered in PY101 or 102.
View Quote

That's retarded When I took AP Physics in high school 30+ years ago, we were lectured at great length on the differences of the electromagnetic spectrum, and ionizing vs non-ionizing.  How can a college physics 101 type class NOT cover that ?!?!?!
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
5G turned me into a newt
View Quote
did you get better?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#50]
lol
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top