Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2023 9:47:30 PM EDT
Travel the most "sustainable way" when on official travel!  Location 250 miles or less from home and Amtrak is available?  Only trains allowed for you, don't even think about flying!  Need a rental car?  Better get that EV if it costs the same or less than an ICE rental!  Yay to saving Gaia/Mother Earth as a fed employee!!

Holy fuck, I'm more thankful by the day that I'm retired and no longer have to deal with that bullshit on top of the wokeness.

Moar.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Good……
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Fed LE...we dont follow that. We go where/how we need to go to do what we need to do.

I fly all the time. Weekly sometimes...and I have a take home car.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I support this. Make them feel the pain of their own ideas.

Make the FBI ride the bus to every investigation. If a bus doesn’t stop nearby they probably shouldn’t have jurisdiction anyway.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL Amtrak is a good example of the worst way to travel that you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure there will be some slackers who will Uber regardless of the cost. After all, it's only taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

If I have to go into DC or NYC on a weekday morning, the train is an absolute joy compared to driving.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
LMAO, that wont happen.

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Paid by the hour.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Good. Imagine the fuckery of Amtrack receipts vs DTS. It will be a million laughs and returned vouchers.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If I have to go into DC or NYC on a weekday morning, the train is an absolute joy compared to driving.
View Quote

Don’t punish the rest of us for it working in one area
As far as public transportation..
Around here bus routes = crime
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Walking is very fuel efficient.
Hey boss - you won't hear from me for the next 2 weeks, but I'll be at the meeting!
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Getting reimbursed for travel via DTS is already a major pain in the ass. I can see them adding a “eco friendly travel worksheet” that has to be filled out with each voucher. You’l probably have to justify how commercial air generates less CO2 than bus/train/or bicycle. Sheer stupidity
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember our libo brief or whatever when I graduated boot camp, we were told in no uncertain terms that we were not to travel by amtrak when we head to NC to check in for SOI/MCT. They told us that there was no way they'd get us there on time with all our shit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mandatory work from home......

https://fortune.com/2023/08/14/remote-work-federal-workers-san-francisco-work-from-home-crime-drugs/
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Would you look at that.  It's around 100 miles from Washington, DC to Wilmington, DE and there are Amtrak stations in both places.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Meanwhile the president travels with a fleet of jets and a motorcade of gas guzzlers.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]
does this apply to Biden too?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Let them eat brown stuff.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fed LE...we dont follow that. We go where/how we need to go to do what we need to do.

I fly all the time. Weekly sometimes...and I have a take home car.
View Quote

Ah, the Kings men.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Hope's and dreams boy's, girl's' and whatever else, smile and wave everyone,  smile and wave! this is especially hilarious from my previous AO, how many Amtrack's operate in the Hawaiian island's? How many operate in between the main land?

Now let's go a step further,  hypothetically should I need to go to the mainland and I mean anywhere,  how many days have we added to my itinerary for travel?  Hahaha  go fuck yourself!

Realistically it would just take 6-5 hours to reach the west coast just to disembark the aircraft collect my luggage,  and be on a bus and start heading to the depot,  then get there get checked in and wait for my next ride. Then ride it like the hound in steerage class waiting my final destination plus any transfers. Then my final transfer to the hotel, what a joke, that's why I dont work there anymore!
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm retired, but I went everywhere in a Superduty, my personal favorite was an F450 4wd crew cab dually with a couple of tons of stuff in the back.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny, DTS is the first thing I thought of.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The DTS that requires you to get the cheapest car possible?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DTS exists solely to make travel miserable.   Then make reimbursement worse.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Would you look at that.  It's around 100 miles from Washington, DC to Wilmington, DE and there are Amtrak stations in both places.
View Quote

Rules for thee, not for me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
FPNI...
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Good.  Make them walk.  That is as long as they don't emit carbon dioxide while they're doing it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean taxpayers pay for.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Why would .fed workers need to travel?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#30]
DTS  must be new, but in my day it was the cheapest conveyance that could get you from point A to B and back to base. Philosophically I didn't have a problem with it until I got saddled with a Ford Fiesta, that bitch was the worst vehicle that I have ever been in. Not that car was terrible,  but it didn't fit me in anyway shape or form. I'M 6'4" and the model that I got had a cheese grater on the center stack, I was happy to be done with that trip, I would have preferred a Versa at the time!

However one of the good things about my old jobs was familiarity,  I came through so often I got plenty of upgrades! But they knew I was low key after awhile.  I REALLY didn't care unless it had four wheels and flies.  I'm there for work! Jeeps, Mustangs,  Camarros, never a Charger(well there was one, a Magnum wagon that I had to do a tire change on but the boss was with me. Challengers never happened and plenty of econo cars and even once a mini van! I didn't care! Get me fom the airport to my destination and back and I'm a happy man! Sadly no exotics or supper cars but I was in the area for them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View Quote

Same reason any other company employees need to travel.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
And his own cabinet act like the policy doesn't apply to them.  Only the plebs must follow it.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/apr/2/pete-buttigieg-rides-bike-unloaded-from-suv-near-m/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Make them turn the lights off and set the heat to just above freezing, too.  It's these fucktards, after all, who work for useless agencies that end up writing policy.  Maybe if it affects THEM, for once, a lightbulb might begin to glow dim in their worthless bureaucrat minds.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#34]
No matter what, this will only affect peons. All the people you care to screw over will still be traveling in style, mission critical non regulation travel required for completion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Make the FBI ride the bus to every investigation. If a bus doesn’t stop nearby they probably shouldn’t have jurisdiction anyway.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You think the ones coming up with this shit are the ones who’ll have to abide by these rules?  When were you born?  The people that think this shit up travel first class or on private jets
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m good with anything that makes life less convenient for public dependents
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
does this apply to Biden too?
View Quote

Or any self appointed climate saviors?  Should mandate those fucks do everything via Zoom
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View Quote

Seriously,  look up, not everyone in your AO lives in your time zone or in your county,  you can be responsible for for assesset outside of the drive time you live in.  I lived in Hawaii,  was based on Oahu had assets on All of the Hawaiian island's, Guam, Singapore,  Japan and another one not disclosed. Not weapons,  not assets of war,  but the thing that's most important to people,  where am I going to live when I get to a place that I have I have never been and have no knowledge of? That was my job. As soon as your orders were on the board, "daily", I was reaching out to you to find out your current situation because we all know how current records are. I was updating dependent information, rank and desires and like an airtraffic controller trying to make you and incoming flights line up. Sure, there might have been a few sad faces along the way but you can't please everyone all of the time, sorry!

I was on both sides,  sometimes it works out othertimes your forced into housing because of metrics, but if you're amicable, you move to the head of the pack for relocation unless you're housing officer is broke.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]
They'll still, by and large, vote for Herr Biden, no matter what he dictates they do.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Way too many fucking federal employees as it is.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View Quote

Training attendance, exercises, investigations, a thousand other reasons.

Hell, most of my DTS vouchers have been for travel where I flew the plane myself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I generally think your posts are pretty high quality.

But this ain’t one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Should force EPA employees to submit a zero carbon travel plan ahead of time.
Health officials would need to get every vaccine known to man, including anthrax, beforehand.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

All of the Amtrak stations between Washington and Wilmington are in the ghetto to the point I would not go there unarmed.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Lol

My SIL works for the USDA and lives on board an airplane going from place to place living in Marriots doing what she could do  with Skype and an internet connection

Your tax dollars at work
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Make them turn the lights off and set the heat to just above freezing, too.  It's these fucktards, after all, who work for useless agencies that end up writing policy.  Maybe if it affects THEM, for once, a lightbulb might begin to glow dim in their destructive, worthless bureaucrat minds.
View Quote

Coming to a home near you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

All of the Amtrak stations between Washington and Wilmington are in the ghetto to the point I would not go there unarmed.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I'll raise you a MARTA, or whatever It's called in Metro Atlanta rail train on an early Monday morning that my previous wife thought was a good idea to use to go from Peachtree street back to the airport. Unarmed, full of luggage, two white people., yeah we were out of place.

Responsibly nobody nobody goes looking for a fight, I'm a legit 6 4" and want nothing of this,  but she's was from Memphis so no worries!
Never again and that's why she's an ex! Oh I was getting plenty of side eye and don't know how I survived other than my size and situational awareness! Should have introduced her to the rule of thumb when we got home. On that one, and the fact that Atlanta and their trains are no fun when you got an economy seat and 11 hours ahead of you and your 6'4".  No offense to you little people,  but you've got room to spare on flights. Think back of a VW Beattle for 11 hours at your size.  

I used to travel with a 5' 4" guy all of the time. He would always offer to trade me my isle seat for his window seat.  I had a come to Jesus
Moment with him when he asked why I would never trade. I laid into him one time. I'm 6'4" don't fit in most anywhere in the modern world. Putting me near the window is not enjoyable for people of my size. I can't see out the window unless I go in to contortions to see out the window,  it's much more comfortable to look over someone's lap to see the view, furthermore planes are big tubes, so if I'm tall why would I want to be already tall of stature want to willingly conformed to the outside contures of a tube just so I could have an awkward  view of earth?

After I explained it to his small ass, he had an ah'ah moment. It's perspective,  if you're  world view is only from your perspective you miss so much. Look at how others perceive the world and empathize how they perceive the world then make a judgment.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#50]
They're not thinking extreme enough.  Place the brains of Biden admin people in jars and have them virtually telecommute.  Lots of carbon saved by not having a body.  It's a climate emergency, lead by example.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top