Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/11/2020 12:36:49 PM EDT
Do we burn our fields? Or set up perimeters around the iPhone loving, non-growers?

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
IDK but if the commies do come take your farms it will only be long enough to raid any crops. They sure as hell ain’t going to do the work to grow more.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IDK but if the commies do come take your farms it will only be long enough to raid any crops. They sure as hell ain’t going to do the work to grow more.
View Quote

True. So, checkpoints?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Cut off roads to prevent invasions. (No food into cities).
Cut off electricity (no communications for coordination).
Cut off water (no hygiene, high sickness).
Wait 6 mos to 1 year.  (Allow trucks to haul dead to potters/pauper fields).
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Shut down their cell phones/network access and city dwellers won't know what to do.  It will be total panic when they can't reach social media to affirm their sense of self worth.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the way I see it.... they have more people but are to chicken for human-wave attacks
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
True. So, checkpoints?
View Quote

Checkpoints.

Cut off food supplies, perhaps water as well. As they come pouring out of the cities, capture them. No need to engage in a Stalingrad style fight.

At which point I don't know what happens. I suppose some could be enslaved, a few, hopefully most turn out to be decent people. But many would probably be liquidated.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys and your fantasies.  

What I was shocked by this election season is how many Biden signs I saw out in rural Missouri, and MO went Republican big time.  A real Red Wave unlike liberal bastions like GA or TX.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Starve them and freeze them in the dark into death or submission
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#11]
When resources get scarce they will kill their own, their strongest will survive to spread out.

With limited supply and knowledge of guns they will be devastated by a few battles and change tactics. Their most effective use of violence will be using vehicles to overwhelm (as in driving a truck into your house) and fire... lighting your house on fire to get you out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quantity has a quality all its own.

They outnumber you quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Inner cities burn, if you’re in one, have a plan to leave as soon as it looks like it’s popping off.

Conservative state Governors will deploy NG to put the protests down aggressively.

Democrat state Governors will fail to recognize Trump as President. Will begin demonizing anyone supporting him in their borders.

Conservative suburbs will form perimeters to hold the line.
Democratic suburbs will burn.

Trump will deploy Federal forces to Governors who ask for help.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why would we burn our fields?  They are OUR fields.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do we burn our fields? Or set up perimeters around the iPhone loving, non-growers?

Like the Russians..... heck I don't know I'm wargamming.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Indiscriminate precision based your location independent of anything or anyone untrusted for security purposes. Call of Duty was my favorite wargame . I don’t remember any burning fields . I liked the rural areas better , with forests and mountains and stuff .
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then let them find out what a 6.5 welcome feels like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then let them find out what a 6.5 welcome feels like.

Nice, that's my frontline... of the Grendel version though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quantity has a quality all its own.

They outnumber you quite a bit.
View Quote

Yes, but how organized are they?

If they have been starved for a few weeks I guarantee they are going to be a very... Entropy rich mob.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys don't realize that these people are your next door neighbors?

They're your mail man. Your barber. Your grocer. Your local cop. Your kid's elementary school teacher. The dude at 7/11 you buy smokes from every day.

This isn't going to be city people vs rural dudes. It's going to be neighbor against neighbor and there aren't uniforms.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Checkpoints.

Cut off food supplies, perhaps water as well. As they come pouring out of the cities, capture them and put them in cages. No need to engage in a Stalingrad style fight.

At which point I don't know what happens. I suppose some could be enslaved, a few might turn out to be decent people. But most would probably have to be liquidated. Too much soy and bitterness to even be worked to death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
True. So, checkpoints?

Checkpoints.

Cut off food supplies, perhaps water as well. As they come pouring out of the cities, capture them and put them in cages. No need to engage in a Stalingrad style fight.

At which point I don't know what happens. I suppose some could be enslaved, a few might turn out to be decent people. But most would probably have to be liquidated. Too much soy and bitterness to even be worked to death.

Would our re-education be Evangelical Youth groups?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You guys and your fantasies.  

What I was shocked by this election season is how many Biden signs I saw out in rural Missouri, and MO went Republican big time.  A real Red Wave unlike liberal bastions like GA or TX.
View Quote

Yeah, I have 2 Bernie bros and 2 Biden signs
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
The burbs aren't as bad as some make them out. Not a single political sign in my entire neighborhood but out in the rural areas, which we're right on the edge of, a ton of biden signs. When you move closer, inside the outer belt perimeter, that's where you really notice a shit ton of Democrat political signs of all flavors.

Anyhow just take out the cell towers and watch the show.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]
How organized are rural folks?  Most of them seem to be into holing up and being left alone.  That's my goal once I get out of this god forsaken shithole of a city.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#23]
This ain't rocket science. Pump a few dozen tracers into major substation transformers and the lights go out...for a long, long time. Once the power is out, that's it for cities.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It would all depend on how many resources could be spared for reeducation. And who is in charge of said reeducation. Based on historical trends it would probably be pretty brutal. I didn't use the word enslavement in my previous post lightly.

Yesterday I was talking to my best friend about the end of WW2 and how unusually large numbers of German troops committed suicide at the end of that war. There were many reasons, some obvious, some less so but the big factor, my friend insisted was that most of those German troops were detoxing off of...

Attachment Attached File

Those people pouring out of the cities will be running on quite the cocktail of drugs. Legal and illegal. Someone detoxing off of say cocaine could turn out to be harmless compared to someone detoxing off of antidepressants. And the rural dwellers probably aren't going to have any patience for such detoxing beyond perhaps throwing these people into a shack or a cage with a thin blanket, a bottle of water, perhaps some thin gruel and the words.

"Good luck!"
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When resources get scarce they will kill their own, their strongest will survive to spread out.

With limited supply and knowledge of guns they will be devastated by a few battles and change tactics. Their most effective use of violence will be using vehicles to overwhelm (as in driving a truck into your house) and fire... lighting your house on fire to get you out.
View Quote

I think it will take awhile for them to leave. Its what they now. Gives time to consolidate in the rural regions and quarentine off the trouble cities.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
IDK but if the commies do come take your farms it will only be long enough to raid any crops. They sure as hell ain't going to do the work to grow more.
View Quote
And we wonder why commie countries have famines...

https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-chaz-larp-farm
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Why would you burn your fields?  Turn the cities into a food desert.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Every time I'm at the gun shop I'm seeing tons of...urban folks buying AR/AK/SCAR, etc.  I wonder if the average ghetto thug spends more time operating as a unit than your average holing up rural dweller? They certainly are well armed.  And starving people will do crazy shit.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anybody know the locations of the satellite uplink facilities for the news media outlets?

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Does anybody know the locations of the satellite uplink facilities for the news media outlets?

View Quote

Don't know where one would look. But that sounds like substantial infrastructure that would be easy to find and sabotage.

And possibly quite difficult to repair.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This ain't rocket science. Pump a few dozen tracers into major substation transformers and the lights go out...for a long, long time. Once the power is out, that's it for cities.
View Quote

Pretty sure you just need some tin foil streamers. Why waste ammo.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same reason that Russia did when Napoleon started moving east. Deny the enemy fodder or forage and lengthen their supply lines.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It would all depend on how many resources could be spared for reeducation. And who is in charge of said reeducation. Based on historical trends it would probably be pretty brutal. I didn't use the word enslavement in my previous post lightly.

Yesterday I was talking to my best friend about the end of WW2 and how unusually large numbers of German troops committed suicide at the end of that war. There were many reasons, some obvious, some less so but the big factor, my friend insisted was that most of those German troops were detoxing off of...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1679426.JPG

Those people pouring out of the cities will be running on quite the cocktail of drugs. Legal and illegal. Someone detoxing off of say cocaine could turn out to be harmless compared to someone detoxing off of antidepressants. And the rural dwellers probably aren't going to have any patience for such detoxing beyond perhaps throwing these people into a shack or a cage with a thin blanket, a bottle of water, perhaps some thin gruel and the words.

"Good luck!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1679426.JPG

"Good luck!"

Well...... we do have the meth. Maybe a lil ' weed.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

The more I think about it though the more I think about what it would look like to have millions of people roaming the countryside having antidepressants working out of their system.

The metaphor of Reavers from Firefly come to mind. However it happens, regardless of politics, if that infrastructure fails. It's going to be ugly.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Power lines, edit, theoretical of course
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The more I think about it though the more I think about what it would look like to have millions of people roaming the countryside having antidepressants working out of their system.

The metaphor of Reavers from Firefly come to mind. However it happens, regardless of politics, if that infrastructure fails. It's going to be ugly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target rich.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Let them starve.

Knock out power stations and water stations.

Set up sniper teams to shoot the ones they send to fix power and water stations.

Eventually no one will want to go fix it.

Modern conveniences for cities are just a major disaster away from chaos.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Indiscriminate precision based your location independent of anything or anyone untrusted for security purposes. Call of Duty was my favorite wargame . I don’t remember any burning fields . I liked the rural areas better , with forests and mountains and stuff .
View Quote

Are you a bot?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know of one in Mesa, AZ - they aren’t that hard to spot. Look for a bunch of dish antennas
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strictly hypothetically speaking? More dramatic, and I have plenty.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's called "Scorched Earth" the Russians used it very effectively against Napoleon Bonaparte.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#45]
You have to be lucky every time.

They only have to be lucky once.

Remote non-community dwellings will be extremely difficult to hold on to.

You will need a small force to hold anything.  At least 25 to 50 people.

And are they all going to be able to eliminate every single person that comes to them for help?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great plan to get the much larger number of people in the cities that are presently on your side, to be *not* on your side.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You have to be lucky every time.

They only have to be lucky once.

Remote non-community dwellings will be extremely difficult to hold on to.

You will need a small force to hold anything.  At least 25 to 50 people.

And are they all going to be able to eliminate every single person that comes to them for help?
View Quote

Why do you have to be a Debbie downer? We killing commies here!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Shut down their cell phones/network access and city dwellers won't know what to do.  It will be total panic when they can't reach social media to affirm their sense of self worth.
View Quote

I would also suggest comandeering outlying broadcast towers to blast propaganda across their airwaves.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top