Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
China develops Hypersonic missiles (using our technology).

Uses balloons to surveil the USA ............

Yeah, I'm calling B.S. on that.............
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or another virus
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
whos to say it isn’t loaded with explosives?

Or another virus

My first thought was booby trapped with a nuke. Our admin is pussy enough to NOT see that as an act of war.

Perhaps the booby trap is just the "power source" for all the instrumentation. When it crashes it would spread the stuff around. So it's totally innocent and it would be our fault for irradiating Montana.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Worried about a balloon? How about the Chinese students in US universities taking STEM classes? Or working in defense research?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Or another virus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or another virus

Perhaps that is why we're not just shooting it down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Or another virus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or another virus

It's payload of COVID87 virus is being disbursed as we slumber in our beds.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]
They could have just used Google Maps.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Gen. Milley is waiting for permission from his Chicom General buddy, to shoot it down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I would guess there are multiple balloons on this thing?

Wouldn't know because no decent picture or any other info has been released with the news stories... you know, because it's nothing to worry about.

Anyways, seems like we could put a few 30mm holes in the balloon and Elon could figure out how to sky hook it on its way down...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The mumbler and Thief, Brandon doesn’t have a hair on his balls to shoot it down. Hell he probably will not even ask them politely to move it out.

Clown world
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The only technical spec I can find is "the size of three buses". Way too technical for me I guess.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Allright GD, you always have all the answers, let's figure out how to shoot this damn Chinese spy balloon out of the sky.

They say it is above comercial air traffic so how high would that be?

It is over some of the most sparsly populated area of the US, what better time to shoot it down?

The fact that this thing is still up is embarrassing as hell but our spaghetti spine gov officals will not do a thing.

Before it maps all the nuke silos in ND it should be brought down in my opinion.
How the hell can we knock that thing out of the sky? How illegal would it be to knock a foreign balloon out of the sky?
Would our fearless penguin defend us in court?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/413300/Fn_5eFCakAEQnj6_jpg-2695967.JPG
View Quote

The location of our land based nuke silos is most likely already well known by chinese military intel. Just like we know where all of theirs are, and where all of russia's are. being fixed, their location is easy to spot. Hell, you can use google earth and find them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Im more worried about the demoCRAPS spying on me in public or changing my kids gender.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]
https://apple.news/ArfbyFDPRTwG5Wnrp-lSYBQ

“Civilian research airship”
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn shame our government isn’t doing anything about it. Makes me think Joe got his 10% already
View Quote

They are probably doing loads of sigint.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#15]
One of those Chinese lasers would be the perfect thing to use to pop their balloon, off to Amazon!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#16]
pretty sure we have drones that operate that high. fly that fucker right through it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
If it’s made in China it will fall out of the sky all on its own.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would hope we have something a lot newer than the ASM-135. Perfect opportunity to do a real world test.
View Quote

Ahh yes lets show off all our top secret tech
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So we let a chineese Ballon breach our airspace and be allowed to stay fear of debris

What if flight of chineese bombers  flew over west coast , that would be ok cause wow  that would be a huge debris field over well populated area
View Quote

Exactly what I brought up in the other thread.  

By that logic we should just let them fly willy nilly all over the country because there might be debris falling if we stop them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Solid fuel rocket launched from a drone or plane.

Laser mounted on a drone or plane.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#21]
BALLOON THREAD!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Solid fuel rocket launched from a drone or plane.

Laser mounted on a drone or plane.
View Quote

"Every terrible implement of the soldier is the birthright of the citizen". I demand my civilian 2A SAM rights be recognized as they're well endowed by our creator.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The location of our land based nuke silos is most likely already well known by chinese military intel. Just like we know where all of theirs are, and where all of russia's are. being fixed, their location is easy to spot. Hell, you can use google earth and find them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Allright GD, you always have all the answers, let's figure out how to shoot this damn Chinese spy balloon out of the sky.

It is over some of the most sparsly populated area of the US, what better time to shoot it down?

The fact that this thing is still up is embarrassing as hell but our spaghetti spine gov officals will not do a thing.

Before it maps all the nuke silos in ND it should be brought down in my opinion.
How the hell can we knock that thing out of the sky? How illegal would it be to knock a foreign balloon out of the sky?

Sigint.  Radio signals.  RF emission..  GPR onboard?  

Testing our response.  Radar systems and other tracking tech and how we respond.. or don't.  

This is a gold mine of info.  

If this is the response to it spying over the heart of our nuke deterrence systems..  there is either something on it that worries someone or they are following it and gaining Intel from it for a bit.  Or the gov knows what it is and are playing fuck fuck games with the public.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Balloon is somewhere between 60k and 120k.

Service ceiling on the highest civilian aircraft is 51k, and most ov them can't actually reach that level except under very specific and limited conditions.

Most commercial traffic is 34k to 41k.

Average GA aircraft is less than 18k.

We're going to have to think outside the box on this one.
View Quote

This exactly. I’ve sent a hydrogen-filled balloon to nearly 130k ft. That thing has to be above 60k to get out of the high winds. Above 100k a balloon starts running out of atmosphere to gain buoyancy against.

My vote is poke holes with a laser. This can result in a somewhat controlled decent. Hopefully.

Donald Trump should be president and we should already be looking at pictures of him posing with one foot on the dead payload while holding a laser-rifle.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so happens that Malmstrom is in the middle of a refit.  Coincidence?  Maybe.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BALLOON THREAD!!!
View Quote

We need a Shoot The Balloon forum.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We need a Shoot The Balloon forum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Throw a giant effing dart at it
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#29]
If the Air Force is afraid to shoot it down over Montana because of debris, where in blue blazes can they shoot it down?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If the Air Force is afraid to shoot it down over Montana because of debris, where in blue blazes can they shoot it down?
View Quote

Wait until it is over Chicago, no one would notice the debris
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Ebay
chinese blue laser
profit
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#32]
The hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#33]
How did our military let it even get with a hundred miles of the coast or Canada? (Not sure the path)

What would be the legality of civil as shooting it down?

Reminds me of Japan sending over balloons in wwii

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Great more Chinese flu, just what we needed
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Probably already asked but ..... Why is this one news? News mentions there have been a few over us the last several years. Plus heard on the news
this morning another one is still over Canada.

Don't get me wrong. This is big news and should be brought down preferably in one piece.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#36]
How far could this thing effectively shoot?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ahh yes lets show off all our top secret tech
View Quote

I suspect we have stuff that’s been fielded for years that’s not exactly “top secret’  anymore. Sometimes it’s good to know a system actually works before you really, really need it
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Or another virus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or another virus

This.  If they could release it in the optimum weather conditions they could affect most of the country almost simultaneously.  Why the fuck we aren’t at least doing more to investigate this seems like treason.  Fuckers need to hang.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How do they know it's Chinese?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Break out some of our stolen Nazi Tech?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just so happens that Malmstrom is in the middle of a refit.  Coincidence?  Maybe.
View Quote

Trail run of an easy and cheap intel device to replace satellites that we would likely destroy if we good to war with them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This is actually infuriating.

Over an area that is lightly populated, we could easily damage/deflate the balloon portion and it would drogue chute to the ground effectively slowing the payload to the point that even if it did hit something it wouldn't be THAT bad.

Why the fuck isn't our country immediately acting as if this is a hostile event (which it is)? This will only embolden the world as they see how big of a pussy the USA is.

Legalities of shooting it down?  This is unprecedented and most likely no laws covering action against it by civilians.

Hell, If a normal joe or group of joes were to take it down, they'd make history.
View Quote
Because our government IS the CCP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#46]
They allow people to breach our borders, why would airspace be any different. FJB fucking up another situation
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Im more worried about the demoCRAPS spying on me in public or changing my kids gender.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I’m sure someone here has a plane that could get up there. 50-60k ft?
View Quote

You would need somehting like a WB-57 or a U2/TR1 to get up to those altidudes with enough control to aim a weapon and hit something, and as far as I know, those airframes don't have guns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#49]
It's overcast here and I can't see spit!

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We can't shoot it down.
We need to fill it with false information and send it back.
View Quote

Dick pics.  hundreds of huge American weiners to give them an inferiority complex.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top