Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
In all things, moderation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you ever just picked up a can and looked at the info... it's not just caffeine.

Those things are loaded with carbs/sugar... Looking at Amazon.

1, 8.4oz can of regular Red Bull

110 calories
27gr of Sugar
150mg of Sodium

8 ounces?  How many do you drink a day?  If you go by the "food chart" we were all spoon fed in school, the recommended sugar intake per day, is 28gr... You basically just nuked your entire recommended sugar intake for the entire day, with that one drink... a drink that really offers nothing else other than calories and sugar.
View Quote
You mean the nutrition chart that is based on the food pyramid that was created by the agriculture industry?

Also, ASPARTAME. No sugar, calories, or carbs bro. It’s basically caffeinated water.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like my coffee, but I do occasionally have energy drinks. I don't think they are good for you either but neither are most things today and most of us will die of some form of cancer one day. I am active, eat what I want, ( love breads and pastas ) and feel great unless I overdo the bourbon or beers. Fluctuate from 165-175lbs since 2003. I am getting back to my super diet to put on strength and a few pounds I will try to eat around 185 gm protein a day, and 300-350 carbs a day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wondered about that too, but then keto gave me the energy to not need them.

I went from 2 a day to none. They can’t possibly be good for you.
I like my coffee, but I do occasionally have energy drinks. I don't think they are good for you either but neither are most things today and most of us will die of some form of cancer one day. I am active, eat what I want, ( love breads and pastas ) and feel great unless I overdo the bourbon or beers. Fluctuate from 165-175lbs since 2003. I am getting back to my super diet to put on strength and a few pounds I will try to eat around 185 gm protein a day, and 300-350 carbs a day.
I’m sure there is nothing wrong with drinking them occasionally. I’m also sure I was drinking too many. I love the taste of sugar free Rock Stars. I think now I’ll save them for a rare treat. It’s just nice not needing them.

Everybody is different with their carb tolerance. Lifting weights obviously has a huge impact on that. I know for certain that a large majority of the population eats way too many. I personally feel better without them even while lifting 3-4 days a week. At most I’ll grab a couple handfuls of blueberries right around a heavy workout.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You mean the nutrition chart that is based on the food pyramid that was created by the agriculture industry?

Also, ASPARTAME. No sugar, calories, or carbs bro. It’s basically caffeinated water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you ever just picked up a can and looked at the info... it's not just caffeine.

110 calories
27gr of Sugar
150mg of Sodium

8 ounces?  How many do you drink a day?  If you go by the "food chart" we were all spoon fed in school, the recommended sugar intake per day, is 28gr... You basically just nuked your entire recommended sugar intake for the entire day, with that one drink... a drink that really offers nothing else other than calories and sugar.

I've never saw them with Aspartame, so I'll take your word for it there... but I can assure you it's not just caffeinated water... just like Diet Coke, isn't caffeinated water.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The lord above provided us with the perfect natural energy drink called coffee.

Why deviate broseph?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I dunno, but I quit that shit (Red Bull) and cut down on my alcohol consumption because it was contributing to anxiety and high blood pressure.

If you need more than coffee every now and then, you are doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Linked to hepatitis

I drink them once in a while, maybe one or two a week and not more than one a day.  Moderation and all that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who needs energy drinks when keto will keep you energized?  Between my bulletproof coffee in the morning and marijuana cigarette in the evening all my ailments have been cured.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same for me.

A large BulletProof covfefe in the morning and I'm good all day.

This is now officially another Keto thread.
Who needs energy drinks when keto will keep you energized?  Between my bulletproof coffee in the morning and marijuana cigarette in the evening all my ailments have been cured.
If you just were to just cook your mj cigarette into some of your butter, well then sir, your bulletproof coffee, and thusly your whole day, will be 420% mo betta.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a rockstar yesterday, no carb, bcaa and creatine, cotton candy flavor. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How bad would say 2 bronkaids and a Bang energy drink every day be for you? Asking for a friend

These Bang drinks are hard for me to comprehend... 300mg caffeine with 0 sugars/calories/fat/carbs and some of them taste excellent. Seems too good to be true. They do have sucralose though.
View Quote
That wouldn't be super good for you, long-term. Long-term use of pseudoephedrine, ephedra, or caffeine in high doses is all pretty abusive of the vascular system.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

110 calories
27gr of Sugar
150mg of Sodium

View Quote
Go back and read the OP and try again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The sugar-free kind. Rockstar, Red Balls, Monster, etc. How unhealthy is daily consumption? Long term effects? Keto friendly?
View Quote
Death by Caffeine Calculator

For Me

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My doc says they're bad.

The last time I saw him he told me that caffeine has a half-life of 6 hours.  It takes 12 hours to get it all out of your system.
View Quote
Maybe get your dr to tell you what a half life really is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is now officially another Keto thread.
View Quote
The memes were not a lie, Keto people ARE just like crossfitters.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Add alcohol, then fight a kid at Chucky Cheese.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Thatsrealretardedsir.img
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just quitting caffeine gave me a lot more energy.

I can actually function after lunch time again.
View Quote
Im on a coffee break, no wait, I’m taking a break from coffee.  I realized the other day that I was getting to be dependent on it, so I’m going a week or so without it.  I like it a lot, but the dependency it not acceptable to me.  I can’t stand the headache and sluggishness if I don’t get a cup in the morning, so I’ll go without for a while and slowly add it back in.  As long as I control it instead of it controlling me, I like it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah..

Cause of death for the 19 yr old was she had a congenital heart defect that was made worst with her energy drinks.

She had a leaky heart valve.

Attachment Attached File

Girl on right...

Nevermind the ugly dude on the left.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I've heard the go-drugs in them are bad for your liver, maybe kidneys too. Notadoctor
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My doc says they're bad.

The last time I saw him he told me that caffeine has a half-life of 6 hours.  It takes 12 hours to get it all out of your system.
LOL.  Yep.  I screwed that math.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Drastically reducing my intake of energy drinks has significantly helped my energy levels throughout the day. I feel much better.

I went from 1-2 a day to 1-2 per MONTH.

I feel fantastic. I limit myself to one cup of coffee in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I have always said they are the new cigarettes.

Everyone has a pretty good inkling they arent the best thing for you but will act surprised when they are linked to cancer and heart disease or something.

That being said I usually have a sugarfree rockstar a day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My doc says they're bad.

View Quote
That's not how half-life works.  
ETA: I see I am beaten.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Following this thread......I drink a couple of Low Carb Rockstars a week....but I'm sure they are not good for me. The price is what's keeping me from drinking more...they are like $3 each! No thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In all things, moderation.
View Quote
Screw that, I'm chugging this!

Attachment Attached File

Sez right there, safe for most kidneys.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My doc says they're bad.

Half is gone in the first period, the other half in the 2nd
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep.  I have one morning coffee and rarely go beyond that during the day.  After a while it works wonders.
View Quote
Coffee can't possibly be good for you, look at all the scary looking ingredients

Attachment Attached File

I don't think energy drinks are bad for you in moderation. No more bad for you than coffee or soda.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#30]
26 tablespoons of sugar in one Monster? What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#31]
My FIL is 74 and drinks nothing but coffee (at least a pot a day), energy drinks (1 or 2 / day), and diet cokes (4 or more a day).  I first met him in 1993 and have never seen him drink water.  He only eats high fat / high carb food that "tastes good" and needs to drop about 60 lbs.  He also smoked most of his life but gave that up a few years ago.  He's in pretty good health for his age, but I wouldn't recommend his lifestyle.  I suspect it would kill most everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Powerthirst 2 - Re-Domination
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Google "John Higgins energy drinks"

He's a cardiologist at the medical school I went to. He does a ton of research in to them.

tl;dr: they're bad for you.
View Quote
I've personally had 3 otherwise healthy patients under 25 whom have had heart attacks from a 2+ energy drink a day habit for 2-3 years or more. One, a 23 year old died from it, follow up after autopsy showed no other elicit substances or cormobidities in the individual.

Upon admission interview questioning, we are seeing more people with chest pain and positive cardiac symptom admissions with energy drinks than with smokers in the past. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ha "Just because something comes from nature, doesn't necessarily mean it's good for you. Sharks come from nature"
View Quote
Sharks are both delicious and good for you!

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#36]
They have lots of b vitamins.  They must be healthy.   I love the taste of the sugar free ones
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I’ve been drinking them for over 20 years. My ekg is good every time. I miss the energy drinks with ephrederin from the 90’s. They really gave you wings.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I've never had a single energy drink, coffee and soda aside.

Monster, Redbull, etc?  No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dude that's nothing, 87 months after starting Keto my left leg which was amputated above the knee fully grew back.
View Quote
in the interest of science, can we try that with your right leg?

I have a new blade on the chainsaw, so it's basically sterile.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#40]
The ones I drink are gonna kill me. Of course, they are 50% vodka, so...  
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Bang FTW
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#42]
There is something in them that gives me kidney stones

I’m serious
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I just stopped drinking Rockstar Fruit Punch. Traded it in on Bang. Star Blast is delicious.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Easy on the sips...
OOGA BOGGA II: The Rock Market KaBoomBoom
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Please keep drinking Monster, NOS, and Full Throttle.  You help pay my bills.  

Oh, and we have some new flavors coming out!

Monster Gronk, Rowdy, Rehab Pink Lemonade, and Full Throttle Orange are now discontinued as well....just FYI
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I miss the energy drinks with ephrederin from the 90’s. They really gave you wings.
View Quote
Damn straight. Drink it before a game and WOW, could you fly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421435/1EC8F217-D2E4-4F26-8D3C-A84E40F35988_jpeg-809133.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss the energy drinks with ephrederin from the 90's. They really gave you wings.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421435/1EC8F217-D2E4-4F26-8D3C-A84E40F35988_jpeg-809133.JPG
ephedrine is still available at the drug store - you have to sign for it
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Following this thread......I drink a couple of Low Carb Rockstars a week....but I'm sure they are not good for me. The price is what's keeping me from drinking more...they are like $3 each! No thanks!
View Quote
I get 3 Rock stars for $4 at the local 7/11
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I knew a guy that drank about 6 monsters a day.  Died from lung cancer at age 30.
View Quote
A friend's sister had a stroke at a young age. Doc feels strongly that drinking FIVE 5-Hour Energy drinks a day contributed to it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A friend's sister had a stroke at a young age. Doc feels strongly that drinking FIVE 5-Hour Energy drinks a day contributed to it.
View Quote
That's one too many hours.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top