BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good stuff, thanks. I just hope that they all see Hobbs as either a feckless leader or complicit in the election issues of 2020 and 2022 in AZ - basically a partizan hack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just thought I would add a link to the latest Voter Registration numbers

https://azsos.gov/about-office/media-center/press-releases/1382

Good stuff, thanks. I just hope that they all see Hobbs as either a feckless leader or complicit in the election issues of 2020 and 2022 in AZ - basically a partizan hack.

That's a selling point for the RINOs and Dems
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

@FlatRangeOperator  Could i get get you to mail one of each to me? I will pay you! DM me
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’ll do that research when I get finished with my sock drawer organization.  You have convinced me with your assertion, without evidence, that the very mechanism of early voting which is to INCREASE voter participation:  Doesn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve not seen any research, I’m going off of my experience and my family/friends experience.  It’s counter intuitive that more folks would stand in blocks long lines on Election Day rather than stopping in on a leisurely Saturday on the way to Walmart.  But you STILL have to take your physical ass there, show ID, under the scrutiny of other real, live human beings.

I don’t think voting should be as easy as sending in a coupon for a magazine subscription like the left wants.  Making it easier to PHYSICALLY be there is the way.

Do a little search.  You will find that most often total turnout is reduced as early voting is increased.

The only benefit to early voting is easier election administration.

I’ll do that research when I get finished with my sock drawer organization.  You have convinced me with your assertion, without evidence, that the very mechanism of early voting which is to INCREASE voter participation:  Doesn’t.

Cool.  You won't do any independent research on the topic but think "going off your family/friends experience" is the equivalent to study and work experience.  Very logical and very powerful stuff.  It is on the same level thinking of the people who insist a bayonet lug makes an AR-15 a machine gun.

Research on the effect of early voting

You might still be working on your sock drawer, so let me help.  Again, early voting does not itself increase turnout.  It does make it easier to administer an election.

Signed, a sworn election official who has been doing this for a while.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the Trump Endorsement clearly carries SO much weight...

... in a state that Trump lost.

Bigger_Hammer

https://c.tenor.com/1X_S9S5wzeMAAAAC/donald-trump-really.gif

Lol@bigger_hammer

Clowned yourself again I see
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Won’t happen, Ross is part of the problem, and always has been.
View Quote

She is the top dog over Elections, mis-manages that, resigns her elected position because she knows she doesn't stand a chance of getting re-elected in 24', and the BOS give her the Elections Director slot as a reward for her incompetence.

Maybe, the Pinal BOS can complete the stupidity by offering the Recorder's slot on Friday to David Fisk.

Jay

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Didn't the article say it happened in 20 counties?

View Quote

Arizona doesn't have 20 Counties, but let me check my math:
yep, Arizona still doesn't have 20 Counties.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Good work fella.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The phrase 'election denier' is interesting isn't it?

Same type of verbiage they use when they lie about climate.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Almost like it was a job or something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it interesting that several of them appeared within one minute of each other.

Almost like it was a job or something

Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes

You understand verb tense and the context of the comment I was responding to, right?  She was in fact losing at the time I made that comment.  

Nevertheless, this still nails it...

Quoted:

Reeee, election fraud!

Oh, the MEGA MAGA candidate is winning?

[cricket noises]

Enjoy your former dem, kerry and obama voting MAGA champ, I guess?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You understand verb tense and the context of the comment I was responding to, right?  She was in fact losing at the time I made that comment.  

View Quote
Attempting to defend election fraud is not a noble cause. You should take up knitting or something.

Because time will prove us correct. And even if it doesn't the correct approach is to be skeptical about the election process. There is no valid reason you can possibly come up with to defend the position that there wasn't election fraud. The default position should be skepticism and a demand for transparency.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cool.  You won't do any independent research on the topic but think "going off your family/friends experience" is the equivalent to study and work experience.  Very logical and very powerful stuff.  It is on the same level thinking of the people who insist a bayonet lug makes an AR-15 a machine gun.

Research on the effect of early voting

You might still be working on your sock drawer, so let me help.  Again, early voting does not itself increase turnout.  It does make it easier to administer an election.

Signed, a sworn election official who has been doing this for a while.
View Quote

I do recognize you as an SME.  It just hit me wrong that you told me to do research on your assertion.  Thank you for the link.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Now let's get her in office and see what happens.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Again, early voting does not itself increase turnout.  It does make it easier to administer an election.

View Quote

Are you talking all early voting including mail in voting or just the old way of doing things where some polling locations opened up early?  You site one study, written by a guy who says early voting is racist because they didn't have as many early voting locations in black areas in 2008 and 2012.  One associate professor of political science who wrote a pre-covid article is hardly a credible source.  

Look at it from a business/sales stand point.  In business anything that can be done to make participation easier, more available, or less stressful will have an increase in numbers.  Amazon is a perfect example of that.  Door Dash, Uber Eats, Instacart...etc are other examples.  The same applies to voting.  Not all early voting is the same.  There is a big difference between limited polling locations being open a couple days before the election and numerous locations open for a couple weeks before the election.  The limited locations open just a couple days will have little impact.

We have recent threads in GD about the primaries this past week where people showed up on election day only to find computer problems, ballot shortages, long lines, and other problems.  Some of them were redirected to other locations to vote and still couldn't or their ballot was listed as rejected.  Early voting would have 100% given them a chance to have their ballot count.  

Mail in voting is where the biggest gain would come from.  No more driving to the polling location, no waiting in line, taking off work is not required, and a much larger window during which someone could vote.  Each one of those reduces/eliminates a barrier which will increase participation.  With a 30 day mail in voting window, that gives each candidate 30 days to reach a voter with a specific targeted ad.  When all it takes is one ad to reach a vote and motivate them to vote by mail, that is a game changer.  A candidate could try 30 different ads, one each day, to try to reach every different angle.  Mail in voting will also increase corruption as we saw in 2020 but the end result is still higher participation over all.

One final note if early voting doesn't matter then why did my US Rep beg people to early vote instead of waiting to vote on election day?  He cited information that most Democrats will early vote on election day 70%-80% of those voting would be Republican?  Meaning any computer issue, ballot issue, long lines, weather....etc would disproportionately discourage Republicans from getting their vote cast.  

TLDR; early voting matters.  I'll take the word of a US Representative who has gone through 5 different elections in a tight district over the word of an associate professor who says early voting is racist.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was an election marshal for this one, here I basically do the same thing on election day as you it sounds like.

Thank you for stepping up as well. My point is IMO there's been overall too much talk on the right about being a watcher, and not enough on being a worker. A watcher would never have been able to see what I saw, precisely because they're mostly not allowed to get that close to the operation.

I just did 12 days here at a vote center, we only had the tabulators on ED though. Tuesday I was up at 430 to be at the site at 530 for a 6am opening, we closed at 7pm and after breakdown and hand-carrying the results (Along with another worker of a different political affiliation) to the drop off location and returning, I was home around 10pm.

Everyone I've ever worked a poll with has been amazing, and I can't really recommend it enough. It's long hours at times, but tremendously rewarding.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/02785F79-69CF-475D-BB42-763ECF163400-2477384.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All you need to know is that there are many instances where poll watchers were not permitted to do their job.  That is illegal.  In criminal law that is called intent.
Poll watching is meh, poll working is where it's at. I get paid, and more importantly I can't be thrown out if I see something being done that's not kosher, and if I complain about something being done wrong people actually take me seriously.

In fact I just got off the phone with a journalist regarding the Maricopa marker smearing issue, I was able to walk her through the problems and articulate the issues (and be taken seriously) precisely because I've done this in different jurisdictions.

Poll watching is not "meh".  It is very important.  In a legit court, if there are any left in this country, a poll watcher has legal standing.  And in a legit court, they find out the truth.  That said.........

I just got off my feet for the first time since 5 am this morning.  Left the house at 5a, started at 6a, opened at 7a, closed at 7p, got home at 9p.  Long day.  Sworn election worker.  I operate election machines.  Ballot generators and tabulators.  That is what I do.  I know this shit.  I sign legal documents as "election judge".

My point is that I know this stuff from the inside out.  And thank you for stepping up.  Most people here don't clean their guns, don't go to parent/teacher conferences, don't change the oil in their lawn mowers, and they sure as hell don't volunteer to work elections.
I was an election marshal for this one, here I basically do the same thing on election day as you it sounds like.

Thank you for stepping up as well. My point is IMO there's been overall too much talk on the right about being a watcher, and not enough on being a worker. A watcher would never have been able to see what I saw, precisely because they're mostly not allowed to get that close to the operation.

I just did 12 days here at a vote center, we only had the tabulators on ED though. Tuesday I was up at 430 to be at the site at 530 for a 6am opening, we closed at 7pm and after breakdown and hand-carrying the results (Along with another worker of a different political affiliation) to the drop off location and returning, I was home around 10pm.

Everyone I've ever worked a poll with has been amazing, and I can't really recommend it enough. It's long hours at times, but tremendously rewarding.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/02785F79-69CF-475D-BB42-763ECF163400-2477384.jpg

When did you relo to AZ?  Welcome!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Now let's get her in office and see what happens.

View Quote

I guess my 28 ballots helped her.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Where did all the RINO never trumpers run off to ??

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are you talking all early voting including mail in voting or just the old way of doing things where some polling locations opened up early?  You site one study, written by a guy who says early voting is racist because they didn't have as many early voting locations in black areas in 2008 and 2012.  One associate professor of political science who wrote a pre-covid article is hardly a credible source.  

Look at it from a business/sales stand point.  In business anything that can be done to make participation easier, more available, or less stressful will have an increase in numbers.  Amazon is a perfect example of that.  Door Dash, Uber Eats, Instacart...etc are other examples.  The same applies to voting.  Not all early voting is the same.  There is a big difference between limited polling locations being open a couple days before the election and numerous locations open for a couple weeks before the election.  The limited locations open just a couple days will have little impact.

We have recent threads in GD about the primaries this past week where people showed up on election day only to find computer problems, ballot shortages, long lines, and other problems.  Some of them were redirected to other locations to vote and still couldn't or their ballot was listed as rejected.  Early voting would have 100% given them a chance to have their ballot count.  

Mail in voting is where the biggest gain would come from.  No more driving to the polling location, no waiting in line, taking off work is not required, and a much larger window during which someone could vote.  Each one of those reduces/eliminates a barrier which will increase participation.  With a 30 day mail in voting window, that gives each candidate 30 days to reach a voter with a specific targeted ad.  When all it takes is one ad to reach a vote and motivate them to vote by mail, that is a game changer.  A candidate could try 30 different ads, one each day, to try to reach every different angle.  Mail in voting will also increase corruption as we saw in 2020 but the end result is still higher participation over all.

One final note if early voting doesn't matter then why did my US Rep beg people to early vote instead of waiting to vote on election day?  He cited information that most Democrats will early vote on election day 70%-80% of those voting would be Republican?  Meaning any computer issue, ballot issue, long lines, weather....etc would disproportionately discourage Republicans from getting their vote cast.  

TLDR; early voting matters.  I'll take the word of a US Representative who has gone through 5 different elections in a tight district over the word of an associate professor who says early voting is racist.
View Quote

OK.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shitting in an Alex Jones thread I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hehe

I dunno, BUT Lake continues to pull ahead as AzSOS finally begins updating,  up by 34k votes now    
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do recognize you as an SME.  It just hit me wrong that you told me to do research on your assertion.  Thank you for the link.  Seriously.
View Quote

No problem.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

She was an R until 2006, then has a hiatus and is back to an R. She spent one Presidential cycle as a D and is marked for life? During the war and the re ession? Let's be fair, how much of the current R party used to D?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/YSyv7TKY/Screenshot-20220806-121837-Brave.jpg

She was an R until 2006, then has a hiatus and is back to an R. She spent one Presidential cycle as a D and is marked for life? During the war and the re ession? Let's be fair, how much of the current R party used to D?
View Quote

If she's able to push thru even half of her agenda she's a damn sight better than the any Az politician offered up by the "McCain Machine" former Senator Kyl now runs.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Suck one dick and you’re a dick sucker for life.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#27]
So.....a local person said something to me, in passing, this week, about 'what happened in Arizona last week'.

Without me reading a 10-page thread can someone summarize how well the election went both in terms of 'good guys' winning and transparency or potential corruption issues?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to me she might have just taken issue with McCain as the R nominee. Possible anyway, timelines are there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So.....a local person said something to me, in passing, this week, about 'what happened in Arizona last week'.

Without me reading a 10-page thread can someone summarize how well the election went both in terms of 'good guys' winning and transparency or potential corruption issues?
View Quote

Remember it was a primary and not a general.

The D election went very badly as far as good guys. Hobbs, the Secretary of State during the 2020 election, got the D governor primary.

Adrian Fontes, the Maricopa County recorder during the 2020 election, won the D secretary of state primary.

So on the D side, literally the last people you'd want to win if you want transparency and anti-corruption.

On the R side things went very well.

Mark Finchem has been at the forefront of anti-corruption issues around AZ elections. It's literally what he ran on. He won the AZ Secretary of State slot for the Republicans by a mile.

The governor's race for the republicans was a very close one between Kari Lake and Karrin Taylor Robson. Robson was endorsed by all of the party hacks, the McCain machine, and was the clear pick of the crony Republican establishment. Kari Lake was endorsed by Trump and ran on an election accountability platform among other things like immigration enforcement.

The race was too close to call and it looked like they were pulling the same balloting shit as in the 2020 general election, but Lake started to pull ahead during the count the day after the election and that accelerated, during the count she tweeted about obvious shady shit going on at the MCTEC (Maricopa County's election facility) and literally not more than a couple hours later she was strongly ahead.

The primary also exposed additional shady shit going on. Pinal County's election director resigned after it came out the county somehow ran out of republican (but not democrat) primary ballots before noon. Other primary ballots (including mine) somehow got returned and counted two full days after the election, which is also a no-no.

If Lake and Finchem win the general it will be very, very good for the election accountability in the state, but them getting elected depends on a currently suspect election system. Hopefully it's a landslide that they can't cover up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

clean sweep of MAGA candidates in all positions in R primaries. governor and AG candidates are both full on "let's find out what really happened in the 2020 election"
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Seems to me she might have just taken issue with McCain as the R nominee. Possible anyway, timelines are there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

“There was a period of time when I really thought the Republican Party had lost its way with the endless wars in Afghanistan and Iraq,” she said.

“I was so concerned that it caused me to change party affiliation from Republican to an Independent and then for a short time a Democrat, but I returned to the Republican Party in 2012 and have been ever since.”

https://www.12news.com/article/news/politics/kari-lake-is-running-for-governor-as-a-republican-but-has-also-been-a-registered-democrat/75-550469a9-0665-404c-84b0-7548d5681a41
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top