Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The US experiencing a Sovereign Debt Crisis would definitely result in a (many-sided) civil conflict, whether anybody was wanting it or not.
View Quote

I’m not a finance guy, so explain to me why this would result in civil war.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh yes, this is a point I do like to bring up in SHTF threads.

Best case scenario we have millions of people detoxing off this shit with nothing but a blanket and maybe a small meal now and then from some merciful person.

Worst case... Well. I think we have all seen zombie movies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thing to remember regarding civil war (and also SHTF)

Almost all docs will do psych meds on a 90 day refill, requiring them to return to the docs office.

So at the 90 day mark, the entire country will be off psych meds.  

And coming off psych meds is a brutal experience that normally requires medical guidance.  

If those supply lines are cut, we would see a very noticeable issues.  

Oh yes, this is a point I do like to bring up in SHTF threads.

Best case scenario we have millions of people detoxing off this shit with nothing but a blanket and maybe a small meal now and then from some merciful person.

Worst case... Well. I think we have all seen zombie movies.

That’s an interesting thought. I don’t knew a lot about psych drugs. So I’m curious what kind of behavior you could expect from someone detoxing. I would guess some mix of depression and aggression, with a little hallucinations thrown in.  But I don’t really know.  Would there be a percentage of people who zombie out?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

One thing to remember regarding civil war (and also SHTF)

Almost all docs will do psych meds on a 90 day refill, requiring them to return to the docs office.

So at the 90 day mark, the entire country will be off psych meds.  

And coming off psych meds is a brutal experience that normally requires medical guidance.  

If those supply lines are cut, we would see a very noticeable issues.  

View Quote

Then hopefully they just kill themselves or die from withdrawals. Winning.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't do that shit, if I were you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That’s an interesting thought. I don’t knew a lot about psych drugs. So I’m curious what kind of behavior you could expect from someone detoxing. I would guess some mix of depression and aggression, with a little hallucinations thrown in.  But I don’t really know.  Would there be a percentage of people who zombie out?
View Quote

This is one of those things that I really should look into. What I have heard anecdotally from a variety of sources is that detoxing off of antidepressants can be a worse experience than detoxing off of heroin.

I've also heard that long term use of antidepressants has been seen to cause human brains to wither at autopsy. Regardless I would expect the underlying mental issues the drugs were prescribed to deal with to come roaring back.

Hmm, zounds pretty bad.

Psychiatrist Taking Antidepressants Says Withdrawal is NOT Mild or Brief
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As Mentioned we are already in a civil war.
Every last bit of footage from Rittenhouse was available 48 hrs after he shut that riot down.
As mentioned one guy doing the right thing shut down a 3 day riot.

We have been kept in the dark with epstien footage and client list also pretty much,the trump attempt.

Where are all the DVR's siezed by the feds at all epstiens hides? Where are the pix of the explosives crooks supposedly had and his social media isonly now coming out due to the private digging.

Gov. has already picked a side no pun intended but they sure didn't pick the right side.
Two coups in the white house in 4 years tossing out 14-15 milion dem votes this time printing them up the 1st time. Possibly printing more again come Oct.

Again as mentioned you don't attack Mr. pretty in pink useful idiot.
You want his sugar daddy holding the wallet.

Where is Henry Bowman when you need him.

I do NOT want CW but I have also learned in life I get a bunch of shit I never wanted.
View Quote

if everyone was a Henry bowman.
the civil war might last 3 days.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if everyone was a Henry bowman.
the civil war might last 3 days.
View Quote

I don't think we can count on anyone being that aggressive and willing to go without sleep.

Maybe the ATF will be that cartoonishly vicious and incompetent though. We do seem to be into the, "bureaucracy is willing to cut its own throat to spite it's neck." Phase of civilization.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just hope both sides have fun.

View Quote

"There are very fine people - on both sides!" ...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's with the goofy beret? Elite commie brigade?

Quoted:
That is literally what John Brown gun club is, yes. I'd hesitate to call them "elite" though, but they do at least practice shooting.
View Quote

ELITE armed leftists??  That would be the NFAC Militia!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It will only be started by the Left if their political leaders think they can win.
View Quote
They don't care who can win. While we're fighting for our lives, they can do whatever they want, implement whatever form of rule they want. We could be ruled by Russia and China with that lot as their captains and lieutenants. Maybe that's why they were "checking on the tea" the other day.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is one possibility, the other is that supplies traversing the red vastness stop arriving in the blue downtown areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The left thinks a civil war looks like rednecks hipfiring ARs at F16s or tanks on a military base.

The right thinks a civil war looks like black clad pink haired antifa hamplanet troons dragging people from their houses block by block and hoisting communist flags on the flagpoles.

What it’ll actually look like is people getting murdered one at a time until enough are dead that the revenge killings start. And then the civil services and commerce break down.

Less The Patriot battlefield scenes and more shivving a politically active business owner in a mail bathroom.

Not advocating, just realistically describing.

This is one possibility, the other is that supplies traversing the red vastness stop arriving in the blue downtown areas.

Excellent point.

But this requires that one of two things happen.
1) Conservatives develop a tribal mentality
2) Conservatives start performing terrorism against truck drivers

Either ALL (or a significant percentage of) the truck drivers start saying “Nah I’m not delivering to California today” or “Yeah, I’ll deliver to Chicago” *wink wink* and then drop the load off in Kentucky. Because the companies sending that freight? They’re not going to want to f around with politics. You think Walmart is going to say “This poopwound shit has gone on too long, we’re not stocking New York stores anymore?” No, they want to stay out of it and make money. They have no principles.

Or you start posting guys with Remington 783s on overpasses to take potshots at trucks/putting IEDs on the sides of the road and scare the drivers away from the big cities.

Or some combination/variation of the two.

You don’t get through this without tribalizing conservatives, or small squad violence. I and everyone I know are on the first course of action, trying to network and build like minded groups of patriots. Everyone here should be, except for the leftists and N_T folx (but I repeat myself).

Again, not advocating, just realistically describing. You can’t stop shipping food to blue cities without coordinated action at the ground level, or violence against those engaged in transportation.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

what it really looks like is an almost complete breakdown of society, no law enforcement, sparse communication, power outages, food shortages, major disruption of supplies and bodies in the streets, lack of clean water, uncontrolled fires, and not just in the cities
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The left thinks a civil war looks like rednecks hipfiring ARs at F16s or tanks on a military base.

The right thinks a civil war looks like black clad pink haired antifa hamplanet troons dragging people from their houses block by block and hoisting communist flags on the flagpoles.

What it’ll actually look like is people getting murdered one at a time until enough are dead that the revenge killings start. And then the civil services and commerce break down.

Less The Patriot battlefield scenes and more shivving a politically active business owner in a mail bathroom.

Not advocating, just realistically describing.

what it really looks like is an almost complete breakdown of society, no law enforcement, sparse communication, power outages, food shortages, major disruption of supplies and bodies in the streets, lack of clean water, uncontrolled fires, and not just in the cities

So the “And then the civil services and commerce break down” sentence from my post? You don’t go zero to sixty in two days. It’s low level violence until people figure out they’re part of the game too, then it’s revenge killing and attacks (as if there haven’t already been) on public figures and servants, and then shipping companies can’t move product because the drivers want to stay home and protect their families, the power and water plants are unmanned for the same reason, and now we’re boned.

Stock market goes to shit.

China realizes that no one is buying rubber dogshit anymore and decides their last best hope of salvaging their empire is to get it on with a neighbor. The revenge killings carried out in the US occur on a macro level as the US Military just ain’t a player anymore and countries go at each others throats over territory or old grudges.

Someone opens the can of spicy sunshine and now it’s a question mark. Best case scenario the world devolves to old west level of technology for a hundred years or so while our population climbs back up from the low tens of millions.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#14]
If Civil war goes down, Maga would be behind it 100%

Project 2025
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Project 2025
View Quote

LOL

It takes two to tango.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's countries where the .gov could (maybe) keep most everything functioning on a basic level, if the Currency suddenly went into total freefall.

The USA ain't one of those countries.  The Federal Government (and the State, County, and Municipal governments) can pass whatever law or emergency legislation they like....but if they can't pay the troops to show up and go kick someone's ass....and cannot put cans of beans on store shelves....and cannot push critical medications to the local CVS.....and cannot keep the power plants running....

....large areas of the country immediately (like, within 96 hours) become totally ungovernable.  

It's kind of like the "LOL, imagine the cities when the EBT System goes down for a week!"....but You & Me and even semi-wealthy people are caught in it, as logistics, LE, and commerce collapse.  People (not just the FSA and crooks) immediately begin to try and get what they need to make it through the week....and that goes to guns, in a hurry.  From shootouts over the last bag of bananas in Walmart, to a couple of "off-duty" Sheriff's deputies stopping cars on a county road so their buddies can pull all the food/valuables/gas out, to folks stalking your neighborhood to see what they can scavenge/steal, to armed & aggressive "neighborhood watch" groups blocking public roads to keep you out (or keep you confined), to the local PD sweeping neighborhoods to find "hoarders" (that 5 gallons of gas could fuel a cop car for hours!).

Things spiral down from there.  I didn't even address political/ethnic/local grudge-based violence.

...and, unlike Yugoslavia or the like, there's nobody coming in from the outside world to help in any way (the US melts down, the UK, Europe, China, etc....will all be occupied trying to keep themselves from collapsing).  In Yugoslavia, the war ended if you drove/walked/swam over the border to Italy or Greece.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I doubt that fat fuck can feed itself without a drive through window.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I doubt that fat fuck can feed itself without a drive through window.
View Quote

Winded before a single 3 second rush ?

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As always, people will talk shit and do nothing.
View Quote

Seen 60 years of that in my lifetime. No reason to believe the civil unrest and proliferation of the disorder will reverse. The insanity is now rampant while the Democrats continue to grow powerful and crush those who oppose.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Overexaggerated.  People come off SSRI and the like all the time as their prescriptions don't get renewed.  For many, nothing happens.  Might be better off.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#21]
As I pass through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."  

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."  

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."  

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I don’t hate the police. But after all I have seen the last few years, I don’t trust them either.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I remember the sectarian violence in Baghdad. It was mostly religious, but it was brutal.
Street vs street, house vs house. It was a bloodbath for a good while.

I could see something like that here and 99% of America absolutely does not want that. Count me in that 99%. My God, it'd be hell
View Quote

Correct brother.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#24]
The Fourth Turning.  It's here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Project 2025
View Quote

What an odd thing to say.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Anxiety is the right word for the subjects in that video.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A trans whatever calling the right wing psycopaths, then is when I stopped.

These people can kiss my ass.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good grief, how much phaggotry can one moron put on his uniform/rifle? Tranny flag painted mags? WTF???
View Quote

Well at least it won't be a prize piece at the game of battle field pick up when it no longer needs it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just want to be left alone. I'll do what I must if shit hits the fan but I don't want to deal with it.
View Quote

Fear the men who wanted to be left alone.

I hear you, and want to be left alone too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Fun fact (and yes, I studied this period in depth):

The United States today, politically, has begun to bear striking similarities to Germany under the failed Weimar Republic.

Infer whatever you may about our future from that fact, but let me assure you, none of it is good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just want to be left alone. I'll do what I must if shit hits the fan but I don't want to deal with it.

I have said this myself many times.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Canada?? Why wouldn't you just give up and join the opposition here? Save you the move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd do everything in my own individual power to keep my family out and away from getting involved in it, including myself.

*knock knock* "Hey Canada, let us in!"

Seen and experienced enough of war. I hope cool heads will prevail, albeit there is an ebb and flow no natter the generation all throughout history.
Canada?? Why wouldn't you just give up and join the opposition here? Save you the move.

Truth.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why do they have to "fight" for gay rights when gays already have rights?  

Also, civil war threads get old.  Shouldn't we be doing WW3 threads right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why do they have to "fight" for gay rights when gays already have rights?  

Also, civil war threads get old.  Shouldn't we be doing WW3 threads right now?

Hand in hand they all go together.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Nah.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I work with  great guy from Bosnia. People here have not seen the horror and violence of a civil war. I pray we never do.

Needless to say my friend believes in keeping guns and ammo just in case.
View Quote

Possessing the means to defend and protect yourself is wise and prudent
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good start, but it still requires the ability. Most will not take a human life, even at their own expense.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US experiencing a Sovereign Debt Crisis would definitely result in a (many-sided) civil conflict, whether anybody was wanting it or not.

Empty stomachs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Project 2025
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#39]
We just have to wait it out, once Door Dash fails the left will crumble!

ETA - When we are only nine meals from anarchy, this guy is maybe three?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Civil war, probably not.

Our enemies turning off our power grid, more likely.

Then it’s a free for all for food and water.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And just like in the Weimar, there have been clashes in the streets between commies and quote "ring wing" groups. They just haven't been as bloody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fun fact (and yes, I studied this period in depth):

The United States today, politically, has begun to bear striking similarities to Germany under the failed Weimar Republic.

Infer whatever you may about our future from that fact, but let me assure you, none of it is good.

And just like in the Weimar, there have been clashes in the streets between commies and quote "ring wing" groups. They just haven't been as bloody.

Well, we saw that in the 1960s, and there was bloodshed, but what’s different and more dangerous today is the “Balkanization” and deep fracturing on ideological lines.

IOW, we’re not just arguing about what color the drapes should be anymore.

Keep your umbrellas handy folks, cuz the forecast is definitely calling for rain.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Im skeerrd...

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That is literally what John Brown gun club is, yes. I'd hesitate to call them "elite" though, but they do at least practice shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's with the goofy beret? Elite commie brigade?

Elite like AFG elite ? Or tards with trashcan guns? Is he a commador, commisar bubbles with his rank and plushie. I'm sorry if dude has to put gloves on to clean his weapons. Yeah...
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
will there be mortars? if so im down for civil war

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Yorktown13inmortars1862.jpg
View Quote

I'm down for getting a gray beard and a cannon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Lol. They always pick the most goofy fuckers for this shit.
View Quote

That’s because those are the only ones stupid enough to think civil war is a good idea.  Thank God they are an extreme minority on either end of the political spectrum.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

They most likely won't be coming to Oklahoma cause we shoot back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Consider where we are on this.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good start, but it still requires the ability. Most will not take a human life, even at their own expense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some learn quickly, some never learn...............but if you possess the means, you better possess the ability.............otherwise you are dead
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top