User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
A $500 gift card to taco bell
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with an engraved combat dagger.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A $500 gift card to taco bell
View Quote
And this too.

Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
A nice watch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a SEAL not SF, but I thought they did too.  Maybe one of our Army SF brethren will chime in.  I didn't get shit when I graduated BUD/S or SQT....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't he already get one?
I'm a SEAL not SF, but I thought they did too.  Maybe one of our Army SF brethren will chime in.  I didn't get shit when I graduated BUD/S or SQT....
A tab. That's what you got. It's supposed to keep you warm...or something.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
From the guys I know, a knife and a retainer for a good divorce attorney sounds about right.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Add a bottle of penicillin and some valtrex.
View Quote
Only if he's going to 7th Group.

According to a salty 7th Group Warrant I was deployed with who'd "barebacked whores on 4 continents" the key is too take a piss after and all will be well
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A nice watch.
View Quote
Outstanding idea!  A couple of years back, a couple dozen of the alumni/active SWAT guys from my old Team had the watch company Isobrite make us custom watches with our Team insignia.  Wear that fucker every day.  Betting you could try something similar (if they don't stock it already).
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nah, I went to Ranger School to get my Tab.  I got my Trident several months after BUD/S and SQT (called STT way back when).
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
A knife is awesome, but for someone who probably already has a bunch of knives something like the Wicked Edge or KME sharpening system would be amazing. Mirror edge blades are a magical thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Get him an Emerson Commander. It’s the best folder for general combat use. It’s a knife he will be able to use throughout his career.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nah, I went to Ranger School to get my Tab.  I got my Trident several months after BUD/S and SQT (called STT way back when).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that all?  Slacker

I kid I kid.

Link Posted: 9/20/2019 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
OP you can contact your Senator or House Rep and they can have a flag flown over the US Capital Blg.  You can request a date to be flown and for why its being flown.  Have the flag flown on his Graduation Day for added effect.  You do have to buy the Flag, you Senator or Rep should have the form listed on thier website.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not the "you" I was referencing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]
*Sergeant
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
*Sergeant
View Quote
My bad
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My bad
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey OP...

Whatever you end up getting, be sure to let us know so we can give your brother a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Doesn't graduation from the Q course usually mean a Rolex?  I remember a thread about that.  How about a gift card saying a rolex is coming once he gets thru Q.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some kind of nice .22 pistol and tell him "I hope all your troubles are small".

Stole that from some TV show.
View Quote
The Unit?!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Before reading your post I was going to suggest a really nice blade.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Look at Extrema Ratio Italian knives.

Bold so you will find this among the usual suspects.

best prices at:  https://store.xtremeknives.com/exrafibl.html
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#25]
My father in-law gave me artwork.  There are lots of really nice paintings of SF guys doing SF things out there if you Google for it.  The framing will probably cost you more than the print.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Call Randall knives and find out what they may have available.  I have occasionally been lucky and they actually had something neat in the show case when I called.  Perhaps if you let them know what it is for, that might help..then again, they might think they are just being scammed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some kind of nice .22 pistol and tell him "I hope all your troubles are small".

Stole that from some TV show.
View Quote
It's from The Unit! I love that show.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#28]
A really nice pair of flip-flops.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know not near as modern knives and likely not practical for him to use while in the unit, but a nice Randall knife is always a great present for a graduation.

I know in the 90’s they were popular amongst the SF crowd.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Maybe when I write a book...  I KID, I KID!!!!  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My father in-law gave me artwork.  There are lots of really nice paintings of SF guys doing SF things out there if you Google for it.  The framing will probably cost you more than the print.
View Quote
This is a cool idea too, My pops actually did something similar for me, not sure why I didn't remember it. Maybe because it's been 15 years now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Instead of equipment, which by the way he will have plenty of, get him something that he would not buy himself but is meaningful

I suggest this. Gold and runs from 5-$600

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Instead of equipment, which by the way he will have plenty of, get him something that he would not buy himself but is meaningful

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64504/specialforcescrest_png-1097397.JPG
View Quote
That is a wife/girlfriend pendant...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64504/specialforcescrest_png-1097397.JPG
I was wondering about that... Thinking the "real sized" version would be an ounce. Maybe 1.5...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I mean 90% of what you're using a knife for in the field is opening MRE's and cutting 550 cord.
View Quote
Tell me about that other 10%.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#36]
A nice watch sounds like the best idea so far.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#37]
A Randall #1-7.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Just get him a grill or something (after he moves!) for his house when he moves.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Titanium spork

$%%^$## bizrate BS. they are on amazon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Get him a nice bottle of Dom.

Tell him to open it when he retires. By that time it should be worth...A LOT.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#41]
SFQC graduate gift suggestions

Knife- Gerber MkII good luck charm (Non-serated blade model).....I've carried one on every combat deployment since 1991 and I'm still alive....

Watch - a nice Seiko....carried one on every deployment since 1994...didn't wear in 2002..got wounded!  Should have worn that damn watch on that day!

Pistol..browning high power...nothing says old school SF classy like a P-35 BHP.  I've still go mine from my Team's 1999 group purchase...thank you Browning firearms in Utah for making that affordable and with 12 consecutive SN's.  After 911, a lot of the Team's took advantage of the inexpensive engraving offered by SIG and bought P-226's with SF crest and call signs, but I still like the old school BHP.

Others - 1K US saving's bond.

Disclaimer...I'm not a Navy SEAL, nor did I write any cool books, however for a very brief time I was my younger brother's (18A) Team Sergeant (18Z50)...how cool and confusing was that!

When he left the nest for his first first combat tour, I gave him my lucky 1987 vintage Gerber MkII as a good luck charm...He's still alive..so there is that!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean 90% of what you're using a knife for in the field is opening MRE's and cutting 550 cord.
Cleaning under your fingernails and cutting one inch tubular nylon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A really nice pair of flip-flops.
View Quote
And a nice housecoat too!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:Disclaimer...I'm not a Navy SEAL, nor did I write any cool books, however for a very brief time I was my younger brother's (18A) Team Sergeant (18Z50)...how cool and confusing was that!

When he left the nest for his first first combat tour, I gave him my lucky 1987 vintage Gerber MkII as a good luck charm...He's still alive..so there is that!
View Quote
That's cool as shit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

SFQC graduate gift suggestions

Knife- Gerber MkII good luck charm (Non-serated blade model).....I've carried one on every combat deployment since 1991 and I'm still alive....

Watch - a nice Seiko....carried one on every deployment since 1994...didn't wear in 2002..got wounded!  Should have worn that damn watch on that day!

Pistol..browning high power...nothing says old school SF classy like a P-35 BHP.  I've still go mine from my Team's 1999 group purchase...thank you Browning firearms in Utah for making that affordable and with 12 consecutive SN's.  After 911, a lot of the Team's took advantage of the inexpensive engraving offered by SIG and bought P-226's with SF crest and call signs, but I still like the old school BHP.

Others - 1K US saving's bond.

Disclaimer...I'm not a Navy SEAL, nor did I write any cool books, however for a very brief time I was my younger brother's (18A) Team Sergeant (18Z50)...how cool and confusing was that!

View Quote
I retired from the USAF as a maintainer. I am proud of my service,  but damn, sometimes I feel like a third wheel.

That, and GD has access to a seriously awesome talent pool!!!

Carry on...
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I still say the CR knife. I have one and it’s perfect.

If you want to be sure to get him something he really wants, send him pictures of three things you are considering. Tell him to send one picture back.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Three recommendations:

- nice pistol like a 1911 or one of the new Sigs

- nice automatic dive watch

- high end folding knife

All SF guys love watches, knives, and guns. It’s in our blood. Also blondes with nice racks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:I gave him my lucky 1987 vintage Gerber MkII as a good luck charm...He's still alive..so there is that!
View Quote
I've got a MKII with wasp-waist blade with the cats tongue handle. sits in my gun safe.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deciding where to carry it on your kit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just get him a grill or something (after he moves!) for his house when he moves.
View Quote
Pretty much.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top