Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
RIP Sky King...
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh man, that takes us back.  Wayyyy back before Covid, before Ukraine..     it was a simpler time.    A more innocent time..

It was the first time I recognized the true level of learned helplessness and suicidal hopelessness which is endemic to so many members here.  They live with it everyday.  

Fwiw, the greatest irony, is that this happened at the beginning of the greatest hiring boom in aviation history.   Not that it matters for him, but for any of his acolytes who weren't crazy suicidal douch-bags; You could have started pilot training that day, and today, you could be earning $300k flying, and landing jets.   Yes, even white guys.
-provided you had slightly above average intelligence, ambition and not given to despondency.  
It's just a matter of mindset.   When you have no future, why not dedicate your life to achievement, rather than dedicating your life to self pity?     You've got nothing to lose anyway.  

View Quote
"

"When you have no future, why not dedicate your life to achievement, rather than dedicating your life to self pity?     You've got nothing to lose anyway. "

Damn that is eloquent.  Very close to how I ended up making a major life change. Worked out well. The emptiness faded away with dedicating all
my energy to something difficult with a payoff.  And life moved on.  Though the  nihilism creeps back in sometimes if I am not careful.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top