[#1]
Best dog I ever had was an Aussie.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 55gr:
Best dog I ever had was an Aussie.
View Quote

We love our ACD and i'm hoping theyre about the same temperament.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had mine for about 6 years now. Best dog I've ever had. Has to have a job to do and you better do it right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
So OP....any updates? find a breeder and/or pup yet?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was a teenager and into my early 20s, my great aunt had just lost my great uncle and then their dog had a litter of six pups, all Australian Shepherd/black lab mixes. They were cute as heck and we inherited all of them. We gave four away and kept two. One was almost pure black lab and the other was brown/white AS but with short hair. I named him Colonel and he was more or less "my" dog. It's hard to explain the relationship, but many of you know what it was like. It was almost like he could understand everything I said, and he was very protective of me.

Around that time, I was interested in one of the neighbor girls (her family and mine were pretty tight and her brother was my best friend). Well, he didn't care for her very much and one time she did something that Colonel didn't approve of (must've been acting like she was trying to take my hat or something like that) and he jumped right in and demonstrated his displeasure with her.

Colonel's gone and I miss him far more than I miss her.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top