Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well shit,  I hadn't planned on seeing Dances with Space Wolves pt2.  BUT now I feel like I should.  Or is this reverse psychology?
View Quote

Space Wolves, you say? I'd definitely pay to see a movie about space wolves landing on that planet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, when you see black women with say, blonde hair, is this also cultural appropriation?

Or is this different? Only when white women curl their hair is it cultural appropriation.

Just trying to keep all the BS straight.

There are no blue people, unless you count that guy who overindulged in colloidal silver a while back.

View Quote

Smurfs the racist cartoon show
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn it...

I didn't want to have to go and see it. But now that I hear a bunch of whiny Leftists are boycotting it, I'm sort of obligated to go.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Jordan Peele will soon need to make a movie where black aliens come to earth and enslave the white people
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
So we should ban movies about the future on distant planets, GMAFB
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have they said how much $$$$it'll take for them to let it go??
View Quote

Couple cans of Aqua Net and an ice pick and they'll forget the whole thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Why is she so shiny?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was never about the “movie.” It’s about the message. That message is “you’re a racist.”
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is she so shiny?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why is she so shiny?

Oily skin/faces has been an inside joke among Natives since forever.

"I like my women like I like my frybread... Hot, brown, and greasy!"
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
When assholes collide...

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Do NOT watch Avatar: The Way of Water," Begay wrote on Twitter on Sunday. "Join Natives & other Indigenous groups around the world in boycotting this horrible & racist film."

Begay also said that Indigenous "cultures were appropriated in a harmful manner" to satisfy a white man's "savior complex."

https://www.newsweek.com/avatar-faces-calls-boycott-over-accusations-racism-1768217
View Quote

its fucking funny because she's actually making a pretty good point this time.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Deep cover fake flag to get people who would never watch to go to theaters to stick it to the crazy

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's some people's sole purpose in life to be perpetually offended.  I'm immune to it any longer.  Sucks for them.
View Quote

Yep.

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to be unhappy about
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
blue creatures? what are they smurfs or something?
View Quote

My sister did a paper in Honors English in High School (1980s) about how the Smurfs represented communism. Based on her political ideology today, I think she forgot all she learned writing the paper.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's some people's sole purpose in life to be perpetually offended.  I'm immune to it any longer.  Sucks for them.
View Quote

^ I’m with this guy. ^
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Do NOT watch Avatar: The Way of Water," Begay wrote on Twitter on Sunday. "Join Natives & other Indigenous groups around the world in boycotting this horrible & racist film."

Begay also said that Indigenous "cultures were appropriated in a harmful manner" to satisfy a white man's "savior complex."

https://www.newsweek.com/avatar-faces-calls-boycott-over-accusations-racism-1768217
View Quote

God damn it! I wasn't planning to watch the movie and now that the natives are demanding not too, I'm going too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can we just have a strictly segregated society already and be done with it?
View Quote

Quoted:

They want to use the white man's magic without admitting the white man brought them the magic.
View Quote

Quoted:

More and more every day, I’m down with this.

Hell, they push for it more than anyone. Let them have it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't care about space smurfs or sea smurfs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
The more I hear, the less I care...
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
*cracks knuckles*.

Kaltxi!
Oh boy where do we start, so Ive already seen it 4 times and a 5th might happen Thursday with more to follow.  To me its an 11/10 personally and only feels like its 1.5hrs long but in reality is over 3.  The movie has the best effects probably till 2024(A3 release, unless the ISV is late) and is really what I would describe as woke action, imagine peta but with actual balls and no remorse, and in my opinion has more action than both of the last 2 avengers films combined and doesn’t mess around with getting it started. Theres a dip in action near 1-1:30 that could be a bathroom break but outside of that i wouldnt leave the theater.

Now if anyone knows about Klingons, theres actually an avatar version of that, which I participate in currently.  Since release of the trailer we’ve grown from 8k members to over 43K and climbing.  Im working on the learning the language for fun and building a “cosplay” outfit that might include actual 3A+ or 4A plates based off a new unit in the film. Ive also been looking at getting an Robinson Armament XCR and doing a few mods to represent a Recom M-69 from the new movie to complete the outfit.

When I say participate I really mean this is what I normally wear around.

plus this jacket.

Now onto the quotes!
Quoted:
Well shit,  I hadn't planned on seeing Dances with Space Wolves pt2.  BUT now I feel like I should.  Or is this reverse psychology?
View Quote

Personally Id recommend it(Im biased), theres decent action to make up for the eco message which isnt necessarily as heavy as number 1 and boy is the gore decent in this film.  Truthfully the larger meaning of the film is family and all other woke messaging is second to that message.

Quoted:
I won't see it because white humans are the bad people.
View Quote

My only spoiler is its not just white people this time.. Honestly I can see where the group is coming from but they should have really protested the first one as Id say its 2-3 times worse in that regard.  A bit of a spoiler but the white guys dont loose this time round, just retreat and regroup.

Quoted:
Just nuke the planet from orbit and take the minerals
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Maybe this one is more appropriate?

Frozen song Adult parody (I''m a hoe version)🔞
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

The Indians (Pocahontas and Dances-with-Wolves) gotta share custody with the fairies of Ferngully, on this one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#23]
What pile of dung do these wackos crawl out of nowadays?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
*cracks knuckles*.

Kaltxi!
Oh boy where do we start, so Ive already seen it 4 times and a 5th might happen Thursday with more to follow.  To me its an 11/10 personally and only feels like its 1.5hrs long but in reality is over 3.  The movie has the best effects probably till 2024(A3 release, unless the ISV is late) and is really what I would describe as woke action, imagine peta but with actual balls and no remorse, and in my opinion has more action than both of the last 2 avengers films combined and doesn’t mess around with getting it started. Theres a dip in action near 1-1:30 that could be a bathroom break but outside of that i wouldnt leave the theater.

Now if anyone knows about Klingons, theres actually an avatar version of that, which I participate in currently.  Since release of the trailer we’ve grown from 8k members to over 43K and climbing.  Im working on the learning the language for fun and building a “cosplay” outfit that might include actual 3A+ or 4A plates based off a new unit in the film. Ive also been looking at getting an Robinson Armament XCR and doing a few mods to represent a Recom M-69 from the new movie to complete the outfit.

https://www.magicalearscollectibles.com/assets/images/file_a964c163860053.jpg
plus this jacket.
https://www.yourwdwstore.net/assets/images/7/70000/9000/000/79032.jpg

Now onto the quotes!

Personally Id recommend it(Im biased), theres decent action to make up for the eco message which isnt necessarily as heavy as number 1 and boy is the gore decent in this film.  Truthfully the larger meaning of the film is family and all other woke messaging is second to that message.

My only spoiler is its not just white people this time.. Honestly I can see where the group is coming from but they should have really protested the first one as Id say its 2-3 times worse in that regard.  A bit of a spoiler but the white guys dont loose this time round, just retreat and regroup.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
*cracks knuckles*.

Kaltxi!

plus this jacket.

Now onto the quotes!
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just nuke the planet from orbit and take the minerals

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Is...is this a copypasta?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is true.  Saltines belong in the closet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They want to use the white man's magic without admitting the white man brought them the magic.
View Quote

Magic=Money?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

More and more every day, I’m down with this.

Hell, they push for it more than anyone. Let them have it.
View Quote

Except White liberals are the main driving force behind this lunacy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Magic=Money?
View Quote

Tech and tactics in Avatar. They don't want to buy into the white savior trope but without it you have a bunch of dead blue people and the Unobtanium gets harvested. The noble savage character in story telling is always an admirable figure but he always gets killed and has his stuff taken.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:31:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, when you see black women with say, blonde hair, is this also cultural appropriation?

Or is this different? Only when white women curl their hair is it cultural appropriation.

Just trying to keep all the BS straight.

There are no blue people, unless you count that guy who overindulged in colloidal silver a while back.

View Quote

Yes and No.  By the same token it would be, but i think Black women with different color hair looks really good.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
*cracks knuckles*.

Kaltxi!

plus this jacket.

Now onto the quotes!

View Quote

I hope this is a copypasta.

But if not, you need to get laid.

No matter what society has told you,
it's not alright to play make believe all the time.
It's not alright for a grown man to go out in public wearing shit from movies with ears on it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:05:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Nope, I just wanted to see how much itd bother other members with the knowledge that not every member your typical "gun owner" some of us are nerds.  The funny thing is who's the better grey man, me or someone wearing 5.11 tac pants? Heck dressing like this has actually allowed me carry in environments that search your person as most time its just quick "ok" instead of the full cavity search. Who would expect someone carrying a disney backpack loaded with metalic pins to also have plates in the bag?

Quoted:

I hope this is a copypasta.

But if not, you need to get laid.

No matter what society has told you,
it's not alright to play make believe all the time.
It's not alright for a grown man to go out in public wearing shit from movies with ears on it.

Let me dig up the numbers this has actually gotten me at bars, as some women like it fun!  If your insecure in your masculinity that you have to always dress "like a man" and follow social norms it can actually show that you might not be as confident, think Austin Powers, hes completely wrong for the situation but owns it, which actually does seem to work whether Im even trying to get the attention of the ladies. I mean sometimes it works a bit too well if Im just trying to be alone. You should see the upsized Stitch jacket that Ive got, Ive had guys(late 20s-30s) pulling out hundreds before offering to buy it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:13:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"Begay"  ..
View Quote

He only Begay for pay.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since you mention it(Space Wolves), good time to post this old review of the original, part 1 of 2:

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah I’m mad they didn’t find actual blue aliens to portray the blue alien culture

So insensitive
View Quote

It’s disgusting.

Some liberal cat-herders should stand up for the blue people!  It will totally validate their otherwise barren lives!

ETA:  The post at the top of this page nailed it - WH40k Space Wolves - now THAT would be a movie!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I went to a military hs graduation in Seoul korea. The kids were so mixed and diverse that race wasn’t a thing. It was not indicative of your friends or success in school.

I send my son to a small private school. It’s the same.

It’s nice. Like you no longer have tinnitus
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Well this thread took an interesting turn.

I enjoy playing Pokemon and watching anime sometimes but holy shit that's sad.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Cameron seems to be an egotistical woke asshole these days, they deserve each other.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Borders are good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Others have said white actors were imitating Black people, who are blue.
View Quote

I'm green with envy and seeing red over this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Lol.  The term "blueface," and it wasn't even a Babylon Bee article.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Begay"  ..
View Quote

That’s a super common Navajo name. Navajos are a large group of actual Indians (not a white guy who wants to show you an ID card and tell you about some “rolls).

Apparently this particular Begay was unduly influenced by the whiteman’s state university education.

Yazzie is probably the other real big Navajo name.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Leftist insanity.  I don't even care.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nope, I just wanted to see how much itd bother other members with the knowledge that not every member your typical "gun owner" some of us are nerds.  The funny thing is who's the better grey man, me or someone wearing 5.11 tac pants? Heck dressing like this has actually allowed me carry in environments that search your person as most time its just quick "ok" instead of the full cavity search. Who would expect someone carrying a disney backpack loaded with metalic pins to also have plates in the bag?

Let me dig up the numbers this has actually gotten me at bars, as some women like it fun!  If your insecure in your masculinity that you have to always dress "like a man" and follow social norms it can actually show that you might not be as confident, think Austin Powers, hes completely wrong for the situation but owns it, which actually does seem to work whether Im even trying to get the attention of the ladies. I mean sometimes it works a bit too well if Im just trying to be alone. You should see the upsized Stitch jacket that Ive got, Ive had guys(late 20s-30s) pulling out hundreds before offering to buy it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#45]
LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
lol, let them fight.jpg
View Quote

Lemme assist:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

James Cameron thinks testosterone is a toxin.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wonder if this is some reverse psychology to drum up ticket sales after James Cameron's " toxic testosterone" comments last week..
View Quote

Very likely.  I'll watch it, for free, someday.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes and No.  By the same token it would be, but i think Black women with different color hair looks really good.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0349/5339/6283/products/[email protected]?v=1592510345

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wonder if this is some reverse psychology to drum up ticket sales after James Cameron's " toxic testosterone" comments last week..
View Quote

Wait... if Cameron is anti-testosterone, and these Indians are condemning him, does that mean that they condone masculine behavior?

Shouldn't that cause them to also be attacked by other factions of the Wokeness?

They are condemning the white-savior concept, which I assume is the leadership provided by the foreign human guy in helping them kick out the first wave of humans.    

But, it was the Navii culture itself which enlightened him to the realization that the humans from earth were exploiting those natives, and let him understand how wrong that was.    So, their culture provided moral leadership to him, and changed his whole attitude and perception of right and wrong.   You could say, they colonized his attitude with their own.    So, colonial activity isn't always bad then, right?

Obviously, colonisation is only bad when the Europeans / humans do it to the natives / Navii, but when the Navii convert humans to their side, it is totally moral and good.

So, if one group does A, it's bad, but if the other side does A, it's good!    

So, where do the goodness and badness come from, if not from the act of colonialism?    Obviously they must then stem right from the nature of the groups themselves.    

So based on their logic and their stated premises in their condemnation of Cameron, the native / navii groups are inherently better and superior to the Europeans / humans.    Their position simplifies down to that.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top