Quoted:
Quoted:

credit karma
Um, no.

LINK

Notice the ".gov" URL---not ".com".

It matters.

Q: How do I order my free report?
The three nationwide credit reporting companies have set up a central website, a toll-free telephone number, and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.

To order, visit annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228. Or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281. Do not contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies individually. They are providing free annual credit reports only through annualcreditreport.com, 1-877-322-8228 or mailing to Annual Credit Report Request Service.

You may order your reports from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies at the same time, or you can order your report from each of the companies one at a time. The law allows you to order one free copy of your report from each of the nationwide credit reporting companies every 12 months

A Warning About “Imposter” Websites
Only one website is authorized to fill orders for the free annual credit report you are entitled to under law — annualcreditreport.com. Other websites that claim to offer “free credit reports,” “free credit scores,” or “free credit monitoring” are not part of the legally mandated free annual credit report program. In some cases, the “free” product comes with strings attached. For example, some sites sign you up for a supposedly “free” service that converts to one you have to pay for after a trial period. If you don’t cancel during the trial period, you may be unwittingly agreeing to let the company start charging fees to your credit card.

Some “imposter” sites use terms like “free report” in their names; others have URLs that purposely misspell annualcreditreport.com in the hope that you will mistype the name of the official site. Some of these “imposter” sites direct you to other sites that try to sell you something or collect your personal information.
That gives you your report. Not your score.
I find Credit Karma to be totally off for me. Pretty crazy my TransUnion score doesn't match what my two credit cards say that use TransUnion.Credit Union also gave me a higher score.
I do use credit karma to see if anything pops up on my report though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been meaning to check my score. What's the best free way to do so?
View Quote
Most credit card accounts offer your credit score too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang I'm way above the norm in my state! Im buying a new truck right now....
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wtf are people doing to screw themselves that bad?
View Quote
You might notice certain demographic facts about the states with he lowest scores...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Last report said we were at 879.

We do nothing special. Just smart.
View Quote
<snicker>
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
id love to see the rim size to credit score ratio ....   
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yay Mississippi!  We're not last!  Finally!
View Quote

Same with WV, yay! lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A low credit score isn't a result of being poor.  It's a result of being stupid with money/credit which incidentally is often the root cause of being poor.
View Quote
Also it can be from having a lack of credit. I don't have any negative hits on my credit but I just have a small car loan and low limit credit card, I always make my payments and don't carry a balance on my card, but last time I checked my score was only a 690. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Credit Karma says we are at 821 but my credit union told me more recently that it is 859. The kid said he'd never seen one that high.

All we do is pay our bills and keep no balance on the credit card.

Lol, yeah.   You be 187% smarter den de average idiot.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy balls Batman........then again I know people who take lavish vacations and buy new cars regularly and I suspect they are right in that bracket so I'm not surprised
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Average American credit card debt = $16,000.  Average American income = $50,000.
Holy balls Batman........then again I know people who take lavish vacations and buy new cars regularly and I suspect they are right in that bracket so I'm not surprised
We have constant threads about buying loaded Rubi's and Tacos, and Raptors, and assorted Bro Trucks of every type...and  $10,000 diamond rings, and $19,000 decade old, used Toyota trucks...and $14,000 leather sofa....  

But the best of all...  Night Vision on Credit!     That one cracks me up.    

A ton of guys here think that $100,000 with an 800+ Credit score is the equivalent of a 12 inch unicorn pecker.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe it. i worked in Cell phone sales back in the day when they used to check credit. tons of bad credit people in the south.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top