Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Refusal to comply would've been a better strategy - now you're on the radar.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol.... The ink isn't even dry .
View Quote

Some people are dying to fall in line.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont do it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Correct, I just bought stocks for all of my pistols. ATF has just announced that SBRs are in common use and we all know that arms in common use can’t be banned thanks to Heller.

I’d love to have (My name) v ATF become my legacy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

All the patriots who bought fake rubber-appendaged rifle stocks as a way of rolling over and showing their belly to the Feds are now hardcore revolutionaries who will not compromise their right to own squishy rubber handicapped stocks on pistols that are not pistols. The sacred right to find a loophole in unConstitutional infringements shall not be infringed!

You were already playing their game, with their terms, under their direction.

You have to admit that the duality of man, the Jungian thing, is awesome here.

Correct, I just bought stocks for all of my pistols. ATF has just announced that SBRs are in common use and we all know that arms in common use can’t be banned thanks to Heller.

I’d love to have (My name) v ATF become my legacy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
May your chains rest lightly.
View Quote
Please Sir, may I have permission to use the item I bought that you said was legal to purchase and use many times over before Jan 13 2023. <Picture of Oliver>
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ATF doesn't make laws. The brace was legal. If they want to change that. They need to go to Congress and change the laws. Otherwise fuck the constitution. No point in the American way. There's supposed to be a process for making new laws. If an agency can just do it, what's the point of the country
View Quote

executive branch agencies promulgate tons of new/revised/changed regulations (CFR) every single day and have force of law if they can "justify" them under the underlying statute (USC)... they dont have to be approved by congress.

Like when the atf decided in 1980~ that open bolt semis were MGs, bumpstocks, atkins accelerators, etc ad nauseum.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I predict this is the start of a long string of threads started by 22er and 23er accounts with low post counts trying to normalize registering their braces.  This thread glows.
View Quote

Yes, and this little glowie is trying to encourage everyone to register their braces.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FYI you dont have to deal with the GD mouthbreathers here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/General-NFA-Questions/17/
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Everyone who put a brace on a pistol was already complying, that was the whole point of the brace.

Whole lot of tough guys in GD who complied with literally every part of the NFA but now think taking braces away should be everyone else’s hill to die on.
View Quote

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” HL Mencken...

oh shit, i'm getting a "visit" ain't i LOL
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have never owned a braced pistol.  

I’ve drawn my line in the sand. I’m throwing off my chains.
View Quote

GD apparently has never heard of the terms..."pushed too far..." and "straw that broke the camels back..."
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#12]
My grandfather was a WW2 navy vet. We were at Price Club circa 1993-1994 (currently known as Costco) shopping and enjoying some free samples of food, and I said. “Can you believe we get all of this food for free?”

He responded,

“Nothing is ever free, nothing. Remember that”

That pretty much sums up my position on the matter.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
So how many of you brave souls made your own suppressors and not informed aft to pay $200 for your stamps? If you don't want sweaty guy love in a federal penitentiary you probably filed your registration tax stamp fee for quieter shooting. No difference than getting free sbr registration. I  have not made up my mind because it would be nice to get a free sbr. But if they only allow one upper for that lower they can forget it and change their minds in another libtard administration and try to start collecting them. They play the game of changing rules over the years it is not trusting them that has me hesitant. The criminals run the country and want to make felons out of the rest of us. All gun control is unconstitutional. Cr should not dictate our rights. Only slimy libtards twist facts to scate the sheeple into taking rights will decrease crime. There should be 1% of lawyers in the US. The rest should learn to code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” HL Mencken...

oh shit, i'm getting a "visit" ain't i LOL
View Quote

There are a few members here that would slit their neighbors throats if the atf told them to with the promise of a “free” tax stamp for the reward
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's actually a great opportunity to save $200 registering an SBR. Registration is free. NO CHARGE! And they don't ask for proof that you have a brace on the gun you're amnesty registering. And the BATF says you can change out the brace for a stock. And you don't even have to wait for approval, a copy of your submitted application is all you need to have the SBR. It sounds like some of you guys haven't put 2+2 together yet.
View Quote

Pretty sure you have to send them a picture of the gun in question with the brace on it. There are several stipulations from what I recall.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How many in here bitching have unregistered SBRs, machine guns, and suppressors?

I would guess none.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I did the same thing as the OP and filled today to beat the rush. Had wife take a picture with my phone and used app to convert to passport photo spec and sent it in. Going to UPS Tomorrow to get printscan for my prints so i can have the file saved going forward.

I fail to see the downside to free SBR stamp on something i was going to SBR anyway. Hell i might do a few more..

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone remember the USAS-12, Striker 12, and Streetsweeper shotguns were classified as destructive devices after people purchased them as a regular shotgun?  If you didn't register these guns as destructive devices during the registration window, they would become illegal. Those registered guns can now be sold for around $5K. If you didn't register yours, then you're looking at 10 years in prison.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone who put a brace on a pistol was already complying, that was the whole point of the brace.

Whole lot of tough guys in GD who complied with literally every part of the NFA but now think taking braces away should be everyone else's hill to die on.

100%
+87

All gun laws are unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How many in here bitching have unregistered SBRs, machine guns, and suppressors?

I would guess none.
View Quote

I wouldn't doubt there are some. Smart? No. But I would bet there are more than just a few.

Hell, there are people completely ignorant of the SBR class of weapons. I've been to the range and seen some guys that admitted they bought complete lowers, then bought pistol length complete uppers and just pinned them together. When asked about how long their wait time was, they just gave the "What?"  look.
They said both items were for sale at the gun show. If the upper wasn't meant to be stuck right on the lower, they wouldn't sell it.

There are people that are completely clueless. Maybe not so many here. But they do exist.

Select fires? I'm betting that is something that is extremely uncommon to users here without a stamp.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone remember the USAS-12, Striker 12, and Streetsweeper shotguns were classified as destructive devices after people purchased them as a regular shotgun?  If you didn't register these guns as destructive devices during the registration window, they would become illegal. Those registered guns can now be sold for around $5K. If you didn't register yours, then you're looking at 10 years in prison.
View Quote

Just stop….
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes, and this little glowie is trying to encourage everyone to register their braces.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I predict this is the start of a long string of threads started by 22er and 23er accounts with low post counts trying to normalize registering their braces.  This thread glows.

Also, the guys in the office across the hall from him have been posting a lot of “if you’re not going to comply, post pictures of your illegal machine guns”
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm.  I thought the tell of the glowy was the one encouraging others to violate the law.   Or, are we all still telling ourselves that a <16" BBL with arm brace that is shoulder fired, isn't an SBR?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hmm.  I thought the tell of the glowy was the one encouraging others to violate the law.   Or, are we all still telling ourselves that a <16" BBL with arm brace that is shoulder fired, isn't an SBR?  
View Quote

An entire industry and gun owning population was allowed to openly sell, buy, and use them as if they aren't.

Attachment Attached File

I'm not telling anyone what to do. But it sucks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Congratulations on admission of having an illegal sbr oh and you will have a denied letter at some point
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#27]
How long did it take for that email to come in OP?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

An entire industry and gun owning population was allowed to openly sell, buy, and use them as if they aren't.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235149/Untitled_png-2672638.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235149/Shrug_jpg-1954471__1__jpeg-2672640.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235149/Untitled_png-2672638.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235149/Shrug_jpg-1954471__1__jpeg-2672640.JPG

The fact that it sucks will get no argument from me.  It's also violation of 2nd and 14th amendment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#30]
A good visual.

2013 I walk into Palmetto State Armory and see an AR pistol with a SB Tactical brace on it. Ask salesman, do I need any thing special to buy that? He says nope. ATF says its a pistol with a brace. Perfectly legal to buy and own. I come home and call ATF and ask them. Get the same reply.

2014 I walk into PSA see a new model with a few differences. Ask salesman and same reply. Come home and call ATF and they tell me same thing.

2015 I walk into PSA .. same thing other than salesman tells me I can no longer touch the brace to my shoulder. Call ATF and he verifies this. But still not a NFA item.

2016 Same.

2017 Same but now they are telling my I can touch my shoulder with the brace again,

2018 Same. Buy another.

2019 Same

2020 Same

2021 Same

2020 Same

2023 Couldn't wait to buy this years model. But now I find out it's now a NFA item. So I won't be buying one this year. The kicker is, they both tell me my past 10 are now NFA items and I may be a felon in 4 months if I don't do their dance?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's one option, and it could get you a few years in prison, and cost you $50,000 to $100,000 to defend yourself in court. Some of us have a lot to lose. I didn't work my whole life so I could go to prison and have my life savings wiped out. If you got nothing to lose, no savings in the bank, no homeownership, no job, no family, then by all means proceed with not registering shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay. Then don't get your free SBR registration and save $200. Pay the $200 and feel like a real smart guy.

Or don't register shit

Fuck the aft

That's one option, and it could get you a few years in prison, and cost you $50,000 to $100,000 to defend yourself in court. Some of us have a lot to lose. I didn't work my whole life so I could go to prison and have my life savings wiped out. If you got nothing to lose, no savings in the bank, no homeownership, no job, no family, then by all means proceed with not registering shit.

@Twang2000

Or, if your freedom is worth more than $50,000-$100,000 to you, don’t register and make the feds eat shit.

Having “BourbonBeast vs. ATF” be my legacy is worth magnitudes more than 100k.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#32]
They told me my passport photos had to include me licking boot leather. That seemed odd to me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gross, bro.

It's like they're not even trying anymore.  

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@Twang2000

Or, if your freedom is worth more than $50,000-$100,000 to you, don’t register and make the feds eat shit.

Having “BourbonBeast vs. ATF” be my legacy is worth magnitudes more than 100k.
View Quote

This

Hang together or hang separately.

If everyone said “no”, this dictate stands a greater chance of being overturned.

However, if everyone says, “I just want free shit for myself”, rest assured we will all hang separately.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Let’s see your unregistered machineguns.

ETA: furthermore, if you’ve ever owned a braced pistol, you enjoyed the same chains as OP. Braces were a workaround to a restriction. A free man would have just put a stock on it and did whatever the fuck he wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let’s see your unregistered machineguns.

ETA: furthermore, if you’ve ever owned a braced pistol, you enjoyed the same chains as OP. Braces were a workaround to a restriction. A free man would have just put a stock on it and did whatever the fuck he wanted.

Like taxes we should pay as little as possible. Taxation is theft, needing to get a permission slip in which you have to pay for is not freedom.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Just stop….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just stop….

He can’t. He has to keep trying to scare every one to fall in line. There is no way he is an old man. He is posting like a 20-30 year old guy that works for a certain government agency.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Also, the guys in the office across the hall from him have been posting a lot of “if you’re not going to comply, post pictures of your illegal machine guns”
View Quote

Yep. Which may be more fucking retarded than the op posts. I can’t stand my ground now because I didn’t have unregistered machine guns prior til now? Where do they come up with this stuff?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's actually a great opportunity to save $200 registering an SBR. Registration is free. NO CHARGE! And they don't ask for proof that you have a brace on the gun you're amnesty registering. And the BATF says you can change out the brace for a stock. And you don't even have to wait for approval, a copy of your submitted application is all you need to have the SBR. It sounds like some of you guys haven't put 2+2 together yet.
View Quote

Being so happy to register..

Something about being a suckered for a trap.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because I’m not in here celebrating getting free tax stamps after an obviously unconstitutional rule is being put into place?
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He could probably pull some prints off those.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He could probably pull some prints off those.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sam Adams quote…. Edgy
View Quote

Yeah, but it's true isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Okay. Then don't get your free SBR registration and save $200. Pay the $200 and feel like a real smart guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP called the passport photo a selfie
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

He keeps talking like a young person but claims he is collecting nfa for 44 years. Nothing is adding up here

Or don't register and don't pay the $200 and be a fucking man and take a stand against unconstitutional bullshit?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:27:45 AM EDT
[#43]
@Twang2000

Quoted:

So you have been “in the NFA game 44 years?”

You are obviously a stickler for the rules, so let’s say you were 18 when you got your first stamp.

You’re 62 years old and call people bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are obviously a stickler for the rules, so let’s say you were 18 when you got your first stamp.

Quoted:

Hard no on that, watching you squirm is awesome. It’s also cool to interact with a self described “old timer” that calls people bro, bro!

Quoted:

He keeps talking like a young person but claims he is collecting nfa for 44 years. Nothing is adding up here

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Refusal to comply would've been a better strategy - now you're on the radar.
View Quote

He is the radar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@Twang2000
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@Twang2000

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard no on that, watching you squirm is awesome. It’s also cool to interact with a self described “old timer” that calls people bro, bro!

Quoted:

The bro part makes me think of the picture people post of the young fbi agents in shorts in tshirts hanging out. Lol. In this case it is “batfe” though
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#46]
All the cucks in here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:52:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are you cheerleading for it?
View Quote

What happens when the law gets overturned, and all the "free stamps" are withdrawn by aft, and the brace has to go back on? Why do you think there is no engraving requirement? They have all your info, and you want an sbr, you have to apply again and pay 200 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lift them off your husband's shoulders?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What happens when the law gets overturned, and all the "free stamps" are withdrawn by aft, and the brace has to go back on? Why do you think there is no engraving requirement? They have all your info, and you want an sbr, you have to apply again and pay 200 bucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you cheerleading for it?

They are not even thinking about any of that. The atf already got them hooked and reeled in with “free”. Mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:00:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top