Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Bigfoot 1 + 2, at a crush/mud run in Busch Stadium.
(These pics were all taken by my brother).

Car crush part of the event;
Bigfoot #1;

Bigfoot #2;

#1 + #2;

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Same event; mud run portion.

Bigfoot #1;

Bob Chandler finished the run, then turned around and drove back through it.

Bigfoot #2

Jim Kramer finished the run, then backed #2 through it.

Other trucks, like Cyclops, were getting stuck and had to be winched out, so Bigfoot made more of an impression doing this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Epic thread! Thanks for all the kickass pic and vids.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Same location, but this one happened before the one above. This was the first time that #1 + #2 appeared together in St. Louis. In the last pics, they were setting up to pull a car apart. (A Bigfoot strapped to each end).

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
This is in the early 80s, at Jamestown Mall. It was just down the road from the Bigfoot shop, so Bob drove it down N Lindbergh for the Jerry Lewis Telethon that was being held there. My brother took pics of the truck, and me posing with it, but saved one shot on his film roll. When Bob left, we followed him back to his shop (the old Quonset Hut building), and when he got out to unlock the door I asked if I could sit in it for a pic. He said something like *Sure, climb on up.* We got the pic, but since it was the last one it got the developers tag on it.  Still one of my favorite pics ever.

Oh, and it's definitely Bigfoot #2. They threw the plates from Bigfoot 1 on there, because he needed a plate to drive on the road, but it's #2.

Bob Chandler, being interviewed on live TV

They had the Bigfoot Hauler there, with merchandise for sale.

Cropped it;

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Busch Stadium again, for the St. Louis debut of Bigfoot #3.
(These are the old stadium, not the one that exists now)

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Bigfoot #4, at the St. Louis Arena.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Bigfoot #10 at a cancer fundraiser, with my late wife and our son. He doesn't like his pic being posted (he's in IT now), so I blur him a bit.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#9]
2010. Chaifetz Arena, in St. Louis.
(Blurry, couldn't focus in low light).

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
At the shop in 2010.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Bigfoot hauler that I spotted at a truck stop, just a few miles from where I lived at the time.

2011, at the shop.

The truck on the left is a clone of Bigfoot #1, that somebody hired them to build.

That tailgate right in front, is the one I went back the next month and bought.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
2011, my last time at the North County shop. I was a couple days away from moving half way across the state.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#13]
2012, Bigfoot 16 In Jefferson City.
(#1 for display, #16 for competition).

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
2016. My son and I stopped in Pacific, at the new Bigfoot shop, during a trip to St. Louis for Monster Jam.
Bigfoot #5.  The display cab, that was made so people can sit in it for pics, is the original body parts from Bigfoot #4.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#15]
2009, in Eureka. Toys For Tots at Walmart.
We stopped there on our way to church.

Jim Kramer let my son sit in it.

I liked getting my truck and my son in the pics,.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the roof from Bigfoot #20, the tailgate from Bigfoot #14, and a piston from one of the engines.

That's about it, other than t-shirts, posters, die cast...
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@bird333

I'm guessing that you're talking about the tires on Bigfoot 5. They're from an Alaskan Land Train, and Bigfoot bought them from a junk yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnDGH6KEZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7POsN4np4
View Quote

@67Firebird

No actually I was talking about the tires in most of the pictures you posted.  The wider tires.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@67Firebird

No actually I was talking about the tires in most of the pictures you posted.  The wider tires.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bird333

I'm guessing that you're talking about the tires on Bigfoot 5. They're from an Alaskan Land Train, and Bigfoot bought them from a junk yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnDGH6KEZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7POsN4np4

@67Firebird

Oh; Combines, spreaders, etc.  They originally used the same Ag tires, but the Monster Truck industry has gotten so big that companies make tires specifically for them now. Monster Jam uses BKT, and Bigfoot uses Firestone. (They originally used Goodyear, but Firestone sponsors them now).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Was that at the superdome? I have a book of pictures from the mid 80' of a monster truck show there when I was a kid.
View Quote

The old Busch Stadium, in St. Louis, MO. The only place I've seen Bigfoot outside of Missouri is just barely into Illinois, at Gateway Int Raceway. (The outside track pics I posted).
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top