User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I am hoping it's better than my Sunday so far. Check engine light comes on, then the oil pressure light goes, engine starts to do a proper Irish Jig under the hood so I pull over. No leaks, no smoke or steam. No bad smells. Turned it off, turned back on. Engine is still dancing. Call for tow. Two hours later tow comes and I bum a ride from one of my squad members back to the office. Now I am sitting here wondering what in the blue fuck is wrong with my truck. Out of nowhere this happens to a babied 2009 Chevy 1500 crew can 6.0L with 103k on the clock. Just got it back from insurance repair for cosmetic damage during hurricane Ian. Monday will tell the tale so fuck it, let the world burn!

This truck was going to go to my daughter for college.
View Quote

hope it is an easy fix.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’m in the camp he might got for 100 bps. Market keeps saying he has no balls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will find out how data dependent they really are.

Multiple metrics still show the economy is running hot and not providing the pain desired.

As much as the market wishes 50, it will be 75.

Because that’s what the data says and you want it to be on long consistent path to lower inflation, not just a couple months of meager decreases.

Unemployment is still low.
Housing is still high.
Equities are still making good profits(other than tech)
Supply chain is still getting worked out.

Central banks in other countries are having to do some selling to prop up their own currency but not near enough to cause panic.

also the Fed is vested in making a split Congress because that will slow spending, doing a 50 bps and stocks up with a rosy picture makes the Dems win more which can’t get spending down.
I’m in the camp he might got for 100 bps. Market keeps saying he has no balls.

75 is a lock, all the economic data of the last month supports it.

Bear market rally driven by options manipulation.  Sentiment is a long way from marking the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So far the pattern is repeating. The market is doing pretty well. We'll see what happens the day after midterms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm thinking it will happen the Wednesday after the midterm elections. I think the market will do well up to that day. Seems to be what happened up to the previous voting day a few months ago. The markets thrived right up through that Tuesday and have been bad up until last week.

So far the pattern is repeating. The market is doing pretty well. We'll see what happens the day after midterms.

I think its likely they will go higher after the midterms. Market doesn't like uncertainly, and when the R's take at least one house of congress there will be gridlock and I think the market will like that. Then maybe a santa clause rally and then it reverses with bigger dumps in first quarter 2023.

Just my suspicion.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I done told you!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top