Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 70
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They still make it as hard to get rid of a shitty cop as it is to get rid of a shitty teacher.
View Quote

Better ten bad cops go free than one good cop get strung up for nonsense.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does this mean Ann Margret is coming?
  ___  https://cloudimages.broadwayworld.com/upload10/593619/tn-500_annmargretpartywm200121296.jpg

Gee thanks for ruining the memory..............
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So... this just happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJHOcKQFi4

he is not wrong
View Quote

No he's not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well there you have it
View Quote

what the shit man,  I was getting my popcorn and pom poms  out.  damn.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#6]
All I know about ATL I learned from my favorite rappers. Is there an internship/exchange program?

Gucci Mane - Both Sides feat. Lil Baby

Migos - Racks 2 Skinny (Official Video)
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

NRA forever.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where does he post at now anyway? Anyone know?

NRA forever.com

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Literally nothing worth a second of your time and I feel dumber for having read it.

Around 2am ish, the crowd got rowdy and put enough pressure that they cleaned out the precinct and were preparing to bounce. Nothing happened after that, it appears the line held and everyone went home.

And realistically, this whole thing was “the city had to scramble and calls weren’t serviced properly” and NOT the 1) nothingburger, or 2) apocalypse that sensationalists keep claiming.
View Quote

Atlanta didn't burn...........................

Much disappoint.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#10]
60 pages.....

did anything actually happen?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
60 pages.....

did anything actually happen?
View Quote

We aren't going to know.

The PD and the city are downplaying this as much as they can. We won't get transparency there.

Crime statistics and reporting are based on events that LE responds to. If LE isn't responding to events, they aren't being tracked or counted.

Last night could have been a wild and crazy night in Atlanta, but we'll never get the numbers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Much disappoint.
https://i.imgur.com/0kRy0I0.jpg
View Quote

Yet!  Juneteenth is tomorrow.  I suspect that things will get sporty since people seem to be making it a big deal this year.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I for one was hoping this was some badly-needed and long-overdue push-back.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#14]
so does anyone know if any thing in actually happening
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

he is not wrong
View Quote

Now that's how you rant. Well done
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#16]
How's the radio traffic this morning?

Anyone with friends in the area who can confirm if the flu carried on?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm sorry that GD did not get the body count they were drooling for, but this is actually huge. It does not matter really how much the locals cover it up,  a spontaneous walkout of cops just made a whole lot of city councils wake up and say "oh shit!!!" This morning. It will happen again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't blame them,  I wouldn't go to work either if I knew it might lead to me getting the death penalty for doing my god damn job.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
so does anyone know if any thing in actually happening
View Quote

It happened, but we dont know the extent... Could have been 5 cops or 30. There has yet to be concrete inside information. Since we're not hearing about the day shift walking out...well good luck to you APD, you now have no respect.

Last night there was a spontaneous protest at the zone 3 station. 100 or so with a decent smattering of antifa. They were well organized and could have rolled right over the barricade and half assed police line. Then all of sudden everybody just kinda went home.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#20]
So did dayshift walk out too?

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Can't make everyone happy. At least FL has tried.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida passed a merit based evaluation system for teachers. They don't perform, they're fired.

I'm curious how that works, given how many students (and their parents) don't give a shit about their own performance.

http://www.fldoe.org/teaching/performance-evaluation/

So you guys wanted grade inflation and spoon feeding state-test answers, sweet.

Can't make everyone happy. At least FL has tried.

Oh, I get why it happened. Teacher's just scream for more money, without any accountability. They get more money, nothing changes so people put systems in place to attempt to measure performance.

The big thing, that no one wants to admit in the public arena, is that some students do not want to learn. Their parents do not want them to learn. They will not preform at an acceptable level. As with most things these days an honest discussion cannot be had in the public arena.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yet!  Juneteenth is tomorrow.  I suspect that things will get sporty since people seem to be making it a big deal this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much disappoint.
https://i.imgur.com/0kRy0I0.jpg

Perfect time for blue flu
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he is not wrong

Crowder is spot on in that video.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Geez, if this is true.........I am so surprised!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Also, have to remember that FBI and ATF are arresting arsonists all over the US in the last day and today on Federal arson charges.

Antifa may have gotten word to lay down a little, thus no fires.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Crowder is right but Trump is intentionally not doing anything.  He can’t save the Democrats from themselves, he needs to give them enough rope to hang themselves.  People need to see their stupidity in action.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Lets see what tonight brings.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Crowder is right but Trump is intentionally not doing anything.  He can’t save the Democrats from themselves, he needs to give them enough rope to hang themselves.  People need to see their stupidity in action.
View Quote

Fuck 'em......this is what they voted for.........now live it assholes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm honestly surprised it didn't get spicy last night, but I'm guessing if the cops continue to walk off in large numbers, we'd see some shit this weekend.
View Quote

Reportedly a lot of ATL PD left work, but in the end not much happened (that we know of).  Hundreds or thousands of calls went unanswered, so who knows?  In the private sector, if you don't do your job, you are fired.  I don't even think the GA PD are unionized.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We aren't going to know.

The PD and the city are downplaying this as much as they can. We won't get transparency there.

Crime statistics and reporting are based on events that LE responds to. If LE isn't responding to events, they aren't being tracked or counted.

Last night could have been a wild and crazy night in Atlanta, but we'll never get the numbers.
View Quote

If it wasn’t written down, it didn’t happen.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Better ten bad cops go free than one good cop get strung up for nonsense.
View Quote

That was the old rule.  

The new rule is, better that ten innocent cops get strung up, rather than let one bad cop go free.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm sorry that GD did not get the body count they were drooling for, but this is actually huge. It does not matter really how much the locals cover it up,  a spontaneous walkout of cops just made a whole lot of city councils wake up and say "oh shit!!!" This morning. It will happen again.
View Quote

The best thing that can happen is it continues tonight in much bigger numbers.  Now the press is sniffing for news and it won't be able to be covered up as easily

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Neither Atlanta police nor a local union representative confirmed the number of officers involved. Vince Champion, Southeast regional director for the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, told the AJC he could not confirm which police zones were affected.“There are officers walking off," Champion said Wednesday evening. "There are officers saying they are not going to leave the precinct unless to help another officer. Some are walking off and sitting in their personal vehicles."

Champion said he has been told APD was attempting to get back-up support from adjacent law enforcement agencies. But he said some agencies declined to help. “Why would you put your officer in Fulton County and take the chance of this happening?” Champion said. "You have an officer who just heard what Paul Howard said, saying he’s going to be in prison for the rest of his life or put to death, and now he’s got to surrender."Atlanta police declined to say whether the agency requested assistance from other agencies. In an interview Wednesday night on CNN, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said morale among officers is down with the city’s police department.“Across the country, morale is down with police departments, and I think ours is down tenfold,” she said.
View Quote

From the Atlantic Journal 30 min ago. Nothing about it continuing today, which would have been made apparent already. So at this point, there's a high probability the majority went into work this morning.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why? DA is an elected official. Walking out is a show of no confidence by the officers right before his runoff election. Get the shitbag incumbent out and there’s no reason to quit.
View Quote

Cops and cop unions typically endorse Democrats.  Even after all the crap in NYC they are endorsing leftist Democrats.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All I know about ATL I learned from my favorite rappers. Is there an internship/exchange program?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUTlymw1eU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsvuCSYBaY8
View Quote

shout out to the hot chick at 1:12 in that first video !!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No, No, No..

This is not the teamsters or UAW of the 90's.  In fact, the biggest police unions endorsed Trump in 16' and will again in 20'.
View Quote

I looked up New York City.  What could be bigger, right?  They are currently endorsing leftist Democrats.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I know that the popular view of unions here is some big liberal political machine. Our union doesn't fit that stereotype.

As far as members in the minority standing up against the majority in issues, I don't know what you expect us to do. Make demands about what, exactly?
View Quote

So you admit that conservative LEOs are a minority against liberal LEOs and you don't know what to do about it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Patience...

The Left is developing a strategy and it takes time to transmit it to the Protesters clandestinely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atlanta as we expected it to look:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/239734/Civil-War-In-Hades_jpg-1466324.JPG

Atlanta as things turned out:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/239734/ATL_jpg-1466326.JPG

I am glad it did not burn.  Enough people have lost their lives and livelihoods over this shit.

Patience...

The Left is developing a strategy and it takes time to transmit it to the Protesters clandestinely.

I think those giving marching orders want both fear, hopelessness & division of the public as well as proving their point that no police = *less violence

A societal Stockholm Syndrome with a twist.

*for now
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Literally nothing worth a second of your time and I feel dumber for having read it.

Around 2am ish, the crowd got rowdy and put enough pressure that they cleaned out the precinct and were preparing to bounce. Nothing happened after that, it appears the line held and everyone went home.

And realistically, this whole thing was "the city had to scramble and calls weren't serviced properly" and NOT the 1) nothingburger, or 2) apocalypse that sensationalists keep claiming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The last 20 pages look like a shit show.

Can someone summarize?

And realistically, this whole thing was "the city had to scramble and calls weren't serviced properly" and NOT the 1) nothingburger, or 2) apocalypse that sensationalists keep claiming.

"Thank you for your service"

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Such lord, much edge.
View Quote

Or you can wake up.  Your choice.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Ha thanks guys.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Will the walkout continue tonight? And thru the weekend?
View Quote

No.  There is neither the will nor the numbers to do anything substantial as far as walkouts or call offs.  That would affect their paycheck.

They make slack off because they don't GAF.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

he is not wrong
View Quote

Preach it, Steven.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
man what a jip
View Quote

Isn't that "gyp?"
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Police Unions and Chiefs have been in bed with Democratic politicians for years.  Reap what you sow.  Zero fucks given.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It happened, but we dont know the extent... Could have been 5 cops or 30. There has yet to be concrete inside information. Since we're not hearing about the day shift walking out...well good luck to you APD, you now have no respect.

Last night there was a spontaneous protest at the zone 3 station. 100 or so with a decent smattering of antifa. They were well organized and could have rolled right over the barricade and half assed police line. Then all of sudden everybody just kinda went home.
View Quote

That was very obviously a test
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's just another way to protest.  Very few cops don't want to do their jobs.  The overwhelming majority of cops WANT to make the neighborhoods they work in safer, more peaceful, and better overall.  Part of this includes getting drunks out of their cars and off the streets, putting violent criminals behind bars, and sometimes putting a threatening offender in the ground.  If the cops are getting arrested for DOING THEIR JOBS, then how else are they supposed to protest?  Think about that time a few years ago, in Baltimore, when the top prosecutor of the entire area marched with the protestors calling for cops' deaths... how would that have made you feel?  And now, Atlanta PD officers feel like they're in a no-win situation.  If they enforce the laws that they're sworn to enforce, then they get arrested and lose their entire future.  What would YOU do to protest this?
View Quote

Then do it.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUTlymw1eU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsvuCSYBaY8
View Quote

Those guys must have read the D-60 thread
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top