Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
To hell with tearing it down, melt it down with thermite
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the organizer who started the rally to remove the statue..

https://southernvision.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Loan_headshot-207x300.jpg
Loan Tran (Director, Youth Organizing Institute | Communications, SVA)
[email protected]
they/them/theirs
Loan Tran is a queer, bilingual writer and educator of color based Durham, NC.  Loan has worked on issues of migrant justice, LGBTQ liberation, economic and racial justice and for an end to all interpersonal violence. While in High school, they co-managed the “Drop the i-word” Campaign in Charlotte, NC to challenge media representation of undocumented immigrants and organized as a part of the March On Wall Street South Coalition that mobilized thousands to protest corrupt politics and corporate greed.
Loan was a featured speaker at the Historic Thousands on Jones St. (HKonJ)/Moral March and has had their writing and commentary featured on Black Girl Dangerous, Waging Non-Violence, {Young}ist, New York Times and The Advocate, among others. Following the passage of HB2, Loan became a spokesperson and leader in the repeal effort. They served in the leadership body of the QTPOCC (Queer and Trans People of Color Collective) that called for actions at the governor’s mansion, and across the state. Loan was one of four people who participated in civil disobedience after the passage of the bill.
Loan is a former board member of G.L.S.E.N. and current board member at the Highlander Research and Education Center.  They also serve on the boards the Emergent Fund, a new effort to new LGBT initiatives.  In 2016, Loan helped to create the HB2 Queer Mobilization Fund to move resources for resistance to HB2 led by queer and trans people of color They are the Director of the Youth Organizing Institute and the Communications Director for the Southern Vision alliance. Loan is an expert in organizational development, and popular education-style trainings. Loan envisions a movement for liberation and justice to be one that leaves no one behind so one day we can all be our authentic selves, lead full lives and be free.

Sure would suck if any good old boys found they were close by...
View Quote
So many words, that amount to nothing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hmmm. 30 min from Durham. Too bad these retards won't pop off anywhere near me.

Could be sporty.  But they won't get anywhere near farmland, Yamamoto knew the deal.
View Quote
Is this one of those "The South will rise again" posts?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm. 30 min from Durham. Too bad these retards won't pop off anywhere near me.

Could be sporty.  But they won't get anywhere near farmland, Yamamoto knew the deal.
Only if you try to read that into it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fucking pawns, every last one of them.
View Quote
It's funny that, for a hundred years or more, nobody gave a shit about these monuments.

But trump wins, and keeps winning, and the only thing these animals can do to lash out is to destroy confederate monuments.  Meanwhile, in Seattle, they keep the lenin statue going strong. Oh, they'll dress him up every now and then as a soft form of vandalism, kind of a wink/nod to say "we don't support him, but we support him".  

Now, because somebody got run over at a protest likely staged by them, every mayor and governor in the South is marching to take these things down.  Why?  Because they're pawns, playing a game of who can kill America the fastest.  It still surprises me, though, how quickly the Left can mobilize.  They are lightyears ahead of us in logistics.  Sadly, logistics always win wars.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The South is the only thing standing in the way of the Left.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we'll live through it just fine Dad.  Will they?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I know that pointing this out makes me a Commie-loving Antifa America hater or something, but consider what these statues might actually be about.

A lot of these Confederate memorials went up during two eras - Jim Crow (1890's to 1930's), and the Civil Rights Era (1950's and 60's). They weren't put up because a bunch of crippled Confederate veterans scraped together their last dimes to remember their beloved commanders. The statues were put up by state legislatures in large numbers during two very specific racially charged periods.

You can theorize about the motives, I suppose. Many people think they were put up to serve as physical reminders so that everyone would know their place, and stay in it. Other people think they are memorials to battlefield valor and heritage. The timing, though, seems a little suspicious - not enough to damn by itself, but context is important.

You can look at the dates yourself, see what you think.

List of monuments and memorials of the Confederate States of America

What do I think? I'd say quietly retire them before or after the protests have died down. Let them go to private collections, or perhaps some well-heeled alt-Right nottanazi can open the "Otto Skorzeny Memorial Museum for Warriors of Dubious Causes". Don't let them turn into victory points for Nazis or Commies. And yes, 99% of the controversy is being ginned up by the left, the Dems, and the media for political advantage. I get that. I don't know what to do about that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Calling Derm a shithole is offensive to shitholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Durhams a shithole anyways.
Calling Derm a shithole is offensive to shitholes.
lol
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As long as they are tearing down statues, here's one that needs to be destroyed and melted down. This tyrant removed Americans from their homes and livelihoods and imprisoned them simply because of their ethnicity.
http://dkiel2.com/EastCoast2002/FDRFala158.jpg
View Quote
Oh they Are collectively blind, dumb, and mute in that case, even George TheGay who was actually interred in one of FDR's concentration camps.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
At first I went literal but then I thought NC doesn't have that many people let alone enough people willing to kill people over statues.

So then I was just left with posturing
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
If I can quote a few of our fellow members from a few years ago when this all was starting...

"Do you really wanna die on that hill?"
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The South is the only thing standing in the way of the Left.
View Quote
Except the south is too busy screaming muh rights on the internet from rural houses miles away from where they need to be. The left doesnt give a shit about 'the south' as they can do what they want where it matters; in the city.

There are no more bullet-riddled civil wars. 'conservatives' have prepared for a war that will never come in the form that they envisioned.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I am at work on airport boulevard, I hope I can get home safelyAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Umm, you all know this is fake, right?
View Quote
Umm, watch the video and you'll see a confederate statue being pulled down!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Except the south is too busy screaming muh rights on the internet from rural houses miles away from where they need to be. The left doesnt give a shit about 'the south' as they can do what they want where it matters; in the city.

There are no more bullet-riddled civil wars. 'conservatives' have prepared for a war that will never come in the form that they envisioned.
View Quote
What are you doing bro?  What's your state?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am at work on airport boulevard, I hope I can get home safelyhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69995/20170814_205915-280576.JPG
View Quote
Stay safe homie.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know that pointing this out makes me a Commie-loving Antifa America hater or something, but consider what these statues might actually be about.

A lot of these Confederate memorials went up during two eras - Jim Crow (1890's to 1930's), and the Civil Rights Era (1950's and 60's). They weren't put up because a bunch of crippled Confederate veterans scraped together their last dimes to remember their beloved commanders. The statues were put up by state legislatures in large numbers during two very specific racially charged periods.

You can theorize about the motives, I suppose. Many people think they were put up to serve as physical reminders so that everyone would know their place, and stay in it. Other people think they are memorials to battlefield valor and heritage. The timing, though, seems a little suspicious - not enough to damn by itself, but context is important.

What do I think? I'd say quietly retire them before or after the protests have died down. Let them go to private collections, or perhaps some well-heeled alt-Right nottanazi can open the "Otto Skorzeny Memorial Museum for Warriors of Dubious Causes". Don't let them turn into victory points for Nazis or Commies. And yes, 99% of the controversy is being ginned up by the left, the Dems, and the media for political advantage. I get that. I don't know what to do about that.
View Quote
It's a part of our nation's history. Hundreds of thousands of American's died. We shouldn't whitewash that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]

The No Trump and No KKK sign is a total joke.
I voted for Trump and am against the KKK.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
At first I went literal but then I thought NC doesn't have that many people let alone enough people willing to kill people over statues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If NC doesn't have that many people, the 41 other states that have even fewer people must be downright desolate.

I thought his point was obvious, but maybe it wasn't.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I repeat.  Nobody gave a damn for over a hundred years.  Nobody.  And suddenly, it becomes a year-defining issue?  C'mon man, you can't be this naïve.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in Seattle,, no one is tearing this down

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lenin.jpg
View Quote
Road trip?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Road trip?
View Quote
Kickstarter?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What are you doing bro?  What's your state?
View Quote
same state and city as you

and I'm doing nothing. the strategy for me and my family does not involve front line conservative activism.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice poster too..

"Cops and Klan go hand in hand"

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

[email protected]
they/them/theirs
Loan Tran is a queer, bilingual writer and educator of color based Durham, NC.  Loan has worked on issues of migrant justice, LGBTQ liberation, economic and racial justice and for an end to all interpersonal violence. While in High school, they co-managed the “Drop the i-word” Campaign in Charlotte, NC to challenge media representation of undocumented immigrants and organized as a part of the March On Wall Street South Coalition that mobilized thousands to protest corrupt politics and corporate greed.
Loan was a featured speaker at the Historic Thousands on Jones St. (HKonJ)/Moral March and has had their writing and commentary featured on Black Girl Dangerous, Waging Non-Violence, {Young}ist, New York Times and The Advocate, among others. Following the passage of HB2, Loan became a spokesperson and leader in the repeal effort. They served in the leadership body of the QTPOCC (Queer and Trans People of Color Collective) that called for actions at the governor’s mansion, and across the state. Loan was one of four people who participated in civil disobedience after the passage of the bill.
Loan is a former board member of G.L.S.E.N. and current board member at the Highlander Research and Education Center.  They also serve on the boards the Emergent Fund, a new effort to new LGBT initiatives.  In 2016, Loan helped to create the HB2 Queer Mobilization Fund to move resources for resistance to HB2 led by queer and trans people of color They are the Director of the Youth Organizing Institute and the Communications Director for the Southern Vision alliance. Loan is an expert in organizational development, and popular education-style trainings. Loan envisions a movement for liberation and justice to be one that leaves no one behind so one day we can all be our authentic selves, lead full lives and be free.

View Quote
Literally

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If NC doesn't have that many people, the 41 other states that have even fewer people must be downright desolate.

View Quote
I'm really commenting on the second part of my statement.

While people are passionate about things few are willing to literally kill people, especially over something like a statue.

An invasion of our country by the Uniformed military of a hostile nation, Yamamoto is spot on. A statue... Not so much
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

[email protected]
they/them/theirs

View Quote
https://www.facebook.com/tranln?fref=search

FB profile
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#30]
There was going to be an attempt in Charlottesville today. I think the perpetrators might have gotten sidetracked when the media showed up and got them up close on camera.  :)
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I repeat.  Nobody gave a damn for over a hundred years.  Nobody.  And suddenly, it becomes a year-defining issue?  C'mon man, you can't be this naïve.
View Quote
People did give a damn, actually. But they didn't have the ear of a major political party and its media accomplices. Of course, this is all propaganda, I get that.

As far as heritage goes, I'm only sympathetic to a point. Graveyards and battlefield memorials, fine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am at work on airport boulevard, I hope I can get home safelyhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69995/20170814_205915-280576.JPG
View Quote
That looks almost exactly like the AR in my car 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in Seattle,, no one is tearing this down
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lenin.jpg
View Quote
I never knew that. Had to Google it.
The Statue of Lenin is a 16-foot (4.9 m) bronze sculpture of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin located in the Fremont neighborhood of SeattleWashington. Initially installed in Czechoslovakia in 1988, the sculpture was removed after the Velvet Revolution and brought to the United States in the 1990s.
Lewis E. Carpenter, an English teacher in Poprad originally from Issaquah, Washington, found the monumental statue lying in a scrapyard ready to be sold for the price of the bronze; Carpenter had met and befriended Venkov while in Czechoslovakia. In close collaboration with a local journalist and good friend, Tomáš Fülöpp, Carpenter approached the city officials with a claim that despite its current unpopularity, the sculpture was still a work of art worth preserving, and he offered to buy it for $13,000. After many bureaucratic hurdles, he finally signed a contract with the mayor on March 16, 1993.
With the help of Venkov, the statue was cut into three pieces and shipped to the United States at a total cost of $40,000. Carpenter financed much of that via mortgaging his home.
The statue arrived in Issaquah in August 1993, and Carpenter planned to install it in front of a Slovak restaurant. He died in a car accident in February 1994, during public debates on whether to display the statue in Issaquah that ended in rejection from the suburb's residents.
After Carpenter's death, his family planned to sell the statue to a Fremont foundry to be melted down and repurposed into a new piece. The foundry's founder, Peter Bevis, sought to instead display the statue in Fremont, and agreed to have the Fremont Chamber of Commerce hold the sculpture in trust until a buyer is found. The statue was unveiled on June 3, 1995, at the corner of Evanston Avenue North and North 34th Street, one block south of a salvaged Cold War rocket fuselage, another artistic Fremont attraction.
The Carpenter family continues to seek a buyer for the statue. As of 2015 the asking price is $250,000, up from a 1996 price tag of $150,000
The BBC highlighted Seattle's Lenin statue. after protesters removed Lenin statues in Ukraine. Zygimantas Pavilionis, envoy to Washington D.C. from Lithuania, referred to the 2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine by saying, "In Seattle, I saw that ugly monument to Lenin there" and warning that "one day you will wake up and instead of 'Go Huskies'" Seattle residents will instead see Russian license plates on military vehicles in their city.

Weird, they should have melted it and recycled the bronze.

Who is Zygimantas Pavilionis?
Žygimantas Pavilionis is a career diplomat who became ambassador of Lithuania to the United States in August 2010.
Born on August 22, 1971, in Vilnius, Pavilionis grew up with parents who prized higher education; his father, Roland Pavilionis, being an academician and his mother, Mary Pavilioniene Venus, a professor.

I wonder if Žygimantas has ever seen Red Dawn.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

While people are passionate about things few are willing to literally kill people, especially over something like a statue.

An invasion of our country by the Uniformed military of a hostile nation, Yamamoto is spot on. A statue... Not so much
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read it as rural versus urban.

The statue was merely the symbolism of urban anarachy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's funny that, for a hundred years or more, nobody gave a shit about these monuments.

But trump wins, and keeps winning, and the only thing these animals can do to lash out is to destroy confederate monuments.  Meanwhile, in Seattle, they keep the lenin statue going strong. Oh, they'll dress him up every now and then as a soft form of vandalism, kind of a wink/nod to say "we don't support him, but we support him".  

Now, because somebody got run over at a protest likely staged by them, every mayor and governor in the South is marching to take these things down.  Why?  Because they're pawns, playing a game of who can kill America the fastest.  It still surprises me, though, how quickly the Left can mobilize.  They are lightyears ahead of us in logistics.  Sadly, logistics always win wars.
View Quote
Good overall post, but as far as the part I bolded, it's not that difficult to mobilize your troops when for the most part they are 26 year old "students," otherwise employed by academia, or don't hold jobs at all and instead collect welfare and don't leave the section 8 apartment unless the text comes in on their Obama phones that tomorrow's "protest" can net them $50 cash under the table.

To those of us that hold actual jobs in the private sector and have other actual civic and family obligations above and beyond that, it makes sense that they'd beat us at mobilizing for a soft civil war.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
 The war we're currently in is every bit as damaging to the United States as a "Uniformed military of a hostile nation."  

"...against all enemies, foreign and domestic;"
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As if anyone is going to press charges.
View Quote
Yep the good ole USA is a freaking mess, this is a perfect example illustrating just how screwed up our society is today, I fear the downturn is accelerating. A bunch of communist self loathing thugs destroy a public monument on video while police watch and do nothing. These are the same kind of LEOs that constantly turn a blind eye towards the tens of millions of illegal aliens here violating every law under the sun, but these LEOs would not hesitate to shoot your dog, flash bang your house, hold your wife and children at gunpoint, throw you in prison for years and seize your assets for cutting a 1/4 inch off a gun barrel or failing to pay a unconstitutional $200 tax. These are the same men that gleefully enforce illegal criminal asset forfeiture laws and high five each other as they steal cash and assets from individuals without due process. And you guys in LE wonder why the average schmuck is slowly losing respect for you.

I'm not sure what's worse, the communist thugs, the totally corrupt politicians in both parties, the police failing to do their jobs or the selective enforcement of the laws, these are all signs of a society in decline....
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I read it as rural versus urban.

The statue was merely the symbolism of urban anarachy.  
View Quote
I missed that fixating on details.

Thanks dude.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

JOY TO THE WORLD -- GOODBYE MOTHER FUCKER
View All Quotes
Quoted:

6) Attacking or insulting a member(s) in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have the right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. This rule also includes posting disparaging remarks about a member's family.
Mods?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Drove by almost an hour ago, got a quick vid of about 20 people standing around. No action. If there was looting and destruction of property they would have destroyed their own. Durham used to be fun when it was ghetto. Now it sucks bc all the white liberals moved in from the north.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.facebook.com/tranln?fref=search

FB profile
View Quote
I'm sure the oppression its ancestors back in 1860s French Indochina endured during the Confederacy must've been unbearable.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Holy shit you ever oil that 1911?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I hope they all die of cancer

Worthless fucking faggots
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://wwbt.images.worldnow.com/images/14654166_G.jpg

View Quote
That is one motherfucking ugly group of ugly motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Someone needs to get that statue, melt it down and pour into molds for club making. People then can purchase said clubs at the next riot to knock some sense into the leftist anti American fucks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
The day the Kenyan was re-elected I was working in Durham.

I had a Glock 17 and 10 mags of Gold Dots plus an AR with 10 mags of Gold Dots and felt underarmed.

Granted, I was working in a shit hole in Durham, so, YMMV and all that...
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mods?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#49]
There is really nice high quality video of the entire thing with the camera actually held properly.  Should make identifying all involved fairly easy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Their ideaology must never be validated. Their methods must never be condoned and enabled.

Where the fuck are the police?
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top