Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 55
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Does this mean that Ann Margret is not coming?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it will be interesting how long the iranians hold on to the crews of the two ships.

it's also interesting how quickly the iranians were there on scene.
View Quote
One of the other stories posted said they were rescued by the US Navy.

Story

"The US Navy said it was helping to evacuate the two damaged tankers and the shipping companies said the crews of both ships were safe."
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Deep state trying to bait us into war. What are they trying to distract us from?
View Quote
I was watching a video (take it with a grain of salt) allegedly quoting a red team planner who said the government wanted major conflicts to avoid domestic conflicts because they don't believe they'd survive a civil war with their power structure intact.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Whoa.

Is it happening?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can't have those gas prices dip too low.
View Quote
Yep. Right on time....
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This sounds like a Norwegian problem. Not ours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's see who owned it, and if it really was a torpedo.
This sounds like a Norwegian problem. Not ours.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oil  already shot up 4.5% just on the reports according  to the linked article.
View Quote
Never let a manufactured crisis go to waste.

There is price gouging to be had.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not a psychic so I have no clue who did it, but I'm not seeing what Iran would get out of this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oil  already shot up 4.5% just on the reports according  to the linked article.

Funny how gas stations can’t do it during natural disasters, but the big money players can gouge all they want for whatever little reason.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What would be the point other than to screw up the world's oil markets?

Maybe that is the point. If Iran can't sell oil, no one else can.

There is a fairly straightforward solution to this problem.
View Quote
The spice must flow.  Just at a higher price.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am aware ships and aircraft can carry torpedoes.  Are there other methods?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh crap, they actually have a sub at sea? If true then sink their entire navy.
You know you don’t have to have a sub to fire torpedoes, right?
I am aware ships and aircraft can carry torpedoes.  Are there other methods?
Yeah - their submarines.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably mines of some kind.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#13]
It's bad that I automatically assume it's the cia, whose strings are being pulled by deep state cabal, trying to get us into a war to distract from the coming storm, isn't it...
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
... what's the likelihood any navy could hunt and punish the guilty submarine(s) that launched the torpedoes?
View Quote
 In waters like that.  a lot of Navies could do it.  They aren't there but if they were it would be a fairly easy find.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Oil is still down about 25% from the last high.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It seems to me that the re-election of President Donald Trump would not be in the Iranian best interest.  Nothing better to turn out the leftest vote than "war"... except maybe taking away their "right" to kill their own offspring.
View Quote
The only good thing about our abortion situation is the fact that they kill their own. Shame  is some of those apples fall away from the tree.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/59D3E544-6D9C-43A5-9F83-76647545C9C4_jpeg-978217.JPG

View Quote
Great....

If you're Iran, what is the upside of pulling this shit?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am not a psychic so I have no clue who did it, but I'm not seeing what Iran would get out of this.
View Quote
The US placed sanctions on Iran selling oil and petrochemicals and this is their way of saying “if we can’t sell it, no one can sell it”
Similar to a kid who is jealous of another kids toy so he breaks it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Stormtroopers of death - Fuck the middle east
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's bad that I automatically assume it's the cia, whose strings are being pulled by deep state cabal, trying to get us into a war to distract from the coming storm, isn't it...
View Quote
Or Saudi Arabia and or the Israelis who want Iran dealt with.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
REMEMBER THE MAINE!
View Quote
I C WHAT YOU DID THERE...LoL

Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And just when they were talking about gas prices under$2 a gallon this summer.

What a coincidence!!!
View Quote
Yeah its a shocker.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
They can be fired from small boats.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The US placed sanctions on Iran selling oil and petrochemicals and this is their way of saying “if we can’t sell it, no one can sell it”
View Quote
So they genuinely just want to die? I don't think that seems logical. Maybe for a lone terrorist/ISIS guy, but Iran's leaders don't want to die. If they did they'd just go all out. How does blowing up a tanker do ANYTHING for them? If anything it elevates the price of oil due to speculation and benefits their enemies.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know they can be fired from almost anything. I suspect one of their midget subs  with two tubes. One torpedo and one sub launched missile.  That is just a guess.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Great....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/59D3E544-6D9C-43A5-9F83-76647545C9C4_jpeg-978217.JPG

Great....

You get to be a puppet to kick off another Middle East war for your commie backers.

Fuck the commies and fuck the Iranians. We either stay hands off or we absolutely push their shit in. No half assed here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#27]
PDJT’s style is a good swift kick in the nuts, not protracted war. He is more of a get in, get it, and get out type of guy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So they genuinely just want to die? I don't think that seems logical. Maybe for a lone terrorist/ISIS guy, but Iran's leaders don't want to die. If they did they'd just go all out. How does blowing up a tanker do ANYTHING for them? If anything it elevates the price of oil due to speculation and benefits their enemies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Focus more on the end of my post where it references childish behavior and it becomes easier to understand.
Does it make sense? No.
1979 really emboldened them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly. I'll bet we could wipe out Iran's pathetic Navy and Air Force in short order, with minimal risk.
View Quote
Yeah, then when we invade Iran, it’ll be like Iraq and all those pesky IEDs (ten times worse), and I’m sure the fuckers will put up a fight.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Intersting and IN
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, then when we invade Iran, it'll be like Iraq and all those pesky IEDs (ten times worse), and I'm sure the fuckers will put up a fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. I'll bet we could wipe out Iran's pathetic Navy and Air Force in short order, with minimal risk.
Yeah, then when we invade Iran, it'll be like Iraq and all those pesky IEDs (ten times worse), and I'm sure the fuckers will put up a fight.
One big difference here is the people of Iran are ripe for a change. They could easily be goaded to topple the the regime there. We missed our chance a few years ago under FBHO.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What a coincidence!!!
View Quote
$2.19 vs $1.99 ohs nos, you'd have to be burning though like 50 gallons a week to break $100 over the summer in that difference

The US currently is the world's largest producer, has managed to become a net exporter a few times over the last year, and is set to become a constant net exporter by 2020. No amount of Mid East fuckery will make much of an impact. Hell even if it was $2.79 vs $1.99 it really doesn't make a difference for most, that's still stupid cheap gas
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One big difference here is the people of Iran are ripe for a change. They could easily be goaded to topple the the regime there. We missed our chance a few years ago under FBHO.
View Quote
Are you betting your life in that?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Great....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great....

Support from Russia and China.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Great....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great....

Saving face and projecting power in the face of crippling sanctions. You do not want to be seen as weak in the middle east especially internally. Ironically, had Sadam given in to US demands in the 2000s.. he might still be in power.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Deep state trying to bait us into war. What are they trying to distract us from?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iran was the only regime that needed toppling.  The Bush and Obama admins taking out the others has been a train wreck.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yep. Right on time....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't have those gas prices dip too low.
Yep. Right on time....
No shit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
$2.19 vs $1.99 ohs nos, you'd have to be burning though like 50 gallons a week to break $100 over the summer in that difference

The US currently is the world's largest producer, has managed to become a net exporter a few times over the last year, and is set to become a constant net exporter by 2020. No amount of Mid East fuckery will make much of an impact. Hell even if it was $2.79 vs $1.99 it really doesn't make a difference for most, that's still stupid cheap gas
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a coincidence!!!

National average gas price in 1999 was $1.17/gal Which is $1.80 today the nearest station from me is $2.65.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Probably about as real as the staged Syrian gas attacks. The United States needs to get out of the middle east and let Israel fight it's own wars.
View Quote
Yeah, that's what we need to do, run from helping a true friendly nation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going either way. Been to Afghanistan and Iraq, might as well make it a trifecta.

Fuck Iran.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup we must liberate Iran so their women can dress and act like sluts and 10-year-olds can dance for money from gay men at pride parades.

Remember inside of every Muslim is the beating heart of an American yearning to have that freedom.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Iran was the only regime that needed toppling.  The Bush and Obama admins taking out the others has been a train wreck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arguably. But I got my Afghani blood oil and my Iraqi blood oil, now I can complete the set with my Iranian blood oil.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yeah, then when we invade Iran, it’ll be like Iraq and all those pesky IEDs (ten times worse), and I’m sure the fuckers will put up a fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highly doubt we fight a ground war in Iran. They know they can’t win a conventional war against us and we don’t have the stomach / support for it over terrorist actions not perpetrated on American soil.
What will happen though if we hit any of their assets is every 1 of their proxies all over the Middle East will hit US targets there.
Good chance Iraq could get ugly again with all the influence they have there now and their desire to get us out of there completely.
It will be an unconventional conflict with no end in sight.
Shitty situation all the way around.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm going either way. Been to Afghanistan and Iraq, might as well make it a trifecta.

Fuck Iran.
View Quote
Same here. Well, at least you know where I’m coming from.

ETA I still remember the whole “northern alliance” in Afghanistan when I was in basic, and drill sergeants saying the Taliban was only good at running.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. We forget the Iranian regime came to power by the taking of US hostages.

Obozzo and his Euro partners should've left Qaddafi alone. Instead they destabilized the North African region causing migrants to stream into Europe and weapons to flow out. The liberal media forgets that Libya is still in a civil war with no clear winner emerging anytime soon. Iraq.. well we all know the story there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Up we must liberate Iran so their women can dress and act like sluts and 10-year-olds can dance for money from gay men at pride parades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Up we must liberate Iran so their women can dress and act like sluts and 10-year-olds can dance for money from gay men at pride parades.
I said it earlier. We either stay completely hands off or we go all in and push their shit in. Either way, Iran can't just run around the gulf limpet mining and torpedoing tankers. Somebody needs to slap those fuckers down.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Torpedo boats I don’t think subs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Probably about as real as the staged Syrian gas attacks. The United States needs to get out of the middle east and let Israel fight it's own wars.
View Quote
So you think it’s “the Jews”?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Be a shame if Iranian ships started getting hit by ordanance and torpedos of unsure origin.
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top