Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude, this is why they make Hawaiian shirts! Fashionable camo

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having been to the Bahamas many times, I’m trying to get my head around an elevated crime level that would be described as a “surge”. The Bahamas have always been a cesspool of villainy.
View Quote

For years, folks have been bringing cable and chain to tie their outboard boats up in marinas. My parents were in Treasure with their boat when another boat was stolen, and they didn't even know about it until I asked them. Some chatter online went around that it was if you filled the tanks, then they knew to take it since it was gassed up ready to make the run back to their lair, so only fill it the morning you were leaving.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

bruh.

87% of GD is wearing white tennies and jorts and a MAGA hat whilst doing donuts in their mom's basement right now on their jazzy scooters next to their pallets of shitty surplus 7.62x54R from 1923 and their life size cardboard cutouts of Alex Jones and Donald Trump and exhausting their supply of distilled wudder for the old CPAP machine and screaming "MA!  THE MEATLOAF!!  WE WANT IT RIGHT MEOW!!!  AND I NEED MOAR MOUNTAIN DEW AND FLUSHABLE WIPES!!!!"
View Quote

Dude, did you hack into my ring cams?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Having been to the Bahamas many times, I’m trying to get my head around an elevated crime level that would be described as a “surge”. The Bahamas have always been a cesspool of villainy.
View Quote

It's the usual stuff at the usual places.  Calling the Bahamas an "elevated crime area" is a stretch by the State Department when you compare it to what we have in our cities.  It's always 3 a.m. in a bad part of town between locals who aren't legitimately employed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:.  You probably can’t own guns either.
View Quote

Not true .   While the process is onerous, similar to CA , you can own a gun here .
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
camo and homosexual activities are banned in antigua. The carribean does have werid rules they had a lockdown as well, after 6 pm u weren't allowed out.  I have never been screamed at so much by a customs agent for picking up my glasses and approaching the table in an incorrect manner. Some of those jails are 2-300 years old its funny now but all it takes is someone to have a bad day.... They will make an example out of you if ur foreign alot of the officials are on power trips. One of the students was maimed and the other died in the hospital bc some guy was drunk driving literally didnt stop and went home. Wife is a judge guess who never got charged..... Just go have a good time and be respectful keep your head down. also if u see service fee in ur bill that is tip so don't double tip some islands auto put it in ur bill.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Having been to the Bahamas many times, I’m trying to get my head around an elevated crime level that would be described as a “surge”. The Bahamas have always been a cesspool of villainy.
View Quote

As opposed to Miami where there are numerous shootings and murders daily ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I had no idea this was the case, there or anywhere else for that matter.

I also had no idea that that camo gave so many ARFCOM'ers the vapors. What a sad bunch of fucksticks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#9]
A bunch of arfcommers will now proclaim that they won't go to the Bahamas because they can't wear their shitty fashion choices when in reality the Dukes of Hazzard boys have left their home county more than they have.

Travel, see the world, and respect their laws the same way you want others to respect the laws of the US when they are here.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in the Bahamas .  I have a few pieces of camo clothing , I wear them occasionally and I have not been hassled .  Some Bahamians , that are not police or the Royal Bahamian Defense Forces (RBDF) , wear camo .
The police are different than the RBDF .  The RBDF is the Bahamian military , mostly maritime but they do have land rangers.  The police wear dark blue uniforms or the fancy tan dress uniforms .  The RBDF wears tan BDUs or white sailor uniforms .  The rangers have gray camo .
The larger cities such as Nassau and Freeport is where most of the crime occurs .  I live on one of the out islands, the island publishes a monthly newspaper where recent crimes are listed mostly minor drug charges, some thefts and the occasional assault .
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Some might consider this camo:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

That is awesome! I have got to have one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Travel advisory.
Do not go to the Bahamas.

Plus China owns half of it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I wear camo every day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes but our government would make us give it back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet if Arfcommers were able to cooperate we could totally conquer that place.

Do we really want to own the place with all the people that make it what it is in it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
What would Q do?

THUNDERBALL | Q introduces Bond to his new gadgets

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I wore my camo shorts earlier this week.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What kind of hillbilly thought pattern would lead one to own camo shorts, much less wear them on vacation?
View Quote

OP thought a cammo pattern would "hide" shrinkage in his banana hammock ...  

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Very free countries have actual freedom. As much as we all bitch about the US it’s comparatively pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do we really want to own the place with all the people that make it what it is in it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

England couldn't wait to get rid of them, and finally succeeded 50 years ago.  It's amazing to realize on some of the islands that the last time anybody paved the roads was 1973
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A bunch of arfcommers will now proclaim that they won't go to the Bahamas because they can't wear their shitty fashion choices when in reality the Dukes of Hazzard boys have left their home county more than they have.

Travel, see the world, and respect their laws the same way you want others to respect the laws of the US when they are here.
View Quote

"I can't carry there"/"I can't wear camo there" etc are just excuses to stay in the basements they're terrified of leaving.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"I can't carry there"/"I can't wear camo there" etc are just excuses to stay in the basements they're terrified of leaving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Some of these guys are afraid to wade into the ocean without having a waterproof Glock hidden in their camo swim trunks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Guess I'm strange I don't own anything camo that isn't used for hunting, and I refuse to wear it any other time.

Just not my thing, but to each their own.
View Quote

I'm an OD green guy. Does that count?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm an OD green guy. Does that count?
View Quote

I packed lots of OD green too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Only in gd would someone pack camo/od green for a beach vacation. Do you also take your jungle boots?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Only in gd would someone pack camo/od green for a beach vacation. Do you also take your jungle boots?
View Quote

That's affirmative. I hope I didn't ruin your day with what I packed for my vacation.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I was just there in the middle of December.
When I heard no camo I was but whatever.
I don't really wear camo anyway.
Was also told probably a good idea to avoid anything with an American flag.

Guess we really pressed our luck by taking a cab to a public beach which had little to no tourist around
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#28]
British Desert DPM pants are more comfortable to wear than most pajamas and stay cooler than most shorts.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Opposed? Nah. More in alignment with
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For added fun, here's a travel advisory for the Bahamas due to elevated crime.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/state-department-update-bahamas-travel-alert-8551190
View Quote

For the life of me, I can't imagine why?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#31]
What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#32]
A lot of places do not allow civilian possession of military cartridges, 9mm and 5.56.

Quoted:

Hell yeah, why would you not go someplace because of a fashion choice?

View Quote

PSA, camo is not fashion.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I travel all over the Caribbean and Bahamas for work. I learned this many years back.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#34]
It’s true. Went to St Lucia last year and it was brought up a few times
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Packing to go to the Bahamas and my wife informs me that my favorite old tattered cammy shorts are a no go unless i want to go to 3rd world Bahamas jail. Is this legit? I'm tempted now, they are in the suit case.

Please send commissary credits and soap on a rope.
View Quote

You know that there is an advisory NOT to travel there due to high levels of crime there r8ght?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's affirmative. I hope I didn't ruin your day with what I packed for my vacation.
View Quote

My whole year is ruined.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I go to Grenada all the time and I run into this same old German guy every time. He definitely shot Americans. Cool guy but he knew what he did.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every day?  They were down to less than 1 a week for murders.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
They're trying to keep the queers out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Why in hell would anyone actually spend money on some third world shithole? Not the smartest kid in class are you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Huh.  I have never heard of such a thing, and I’ve been to the Bahamas.  Guess it’s a good thing I happened to not own/pack any.
View Quote

Jesus Christ, 23 years here, and no camo. Not surprised at the lack of EE rating too. Wow.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sorry your garment lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of hillbilly thought pattern would lead one to own camo shorts, much less wear them on vacation?
Sorry your garment lost.

For real man. What bubble do you "camo is ick" people live in??
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry your garment lost.

Uncle Sam paid me to wear that shit for eight years. That was enough for me. If I'm not trying to kill something, I have no desire to wear camo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

bruh.

87% of GD is wearing white tennies and jorts and a MAGA hat whilst doing donuts in their mom's basement right now on their jazzy scooters next to their pallets of shitty surplus 7.62x54R from 1923 and their life size cardboard cutouts of Alex Jones and Donald Trump and exhausting their supply of distilled wudder for the old CPAP machine and screaming "MA!  THE MEATLOAF!!  WE WANT IT RIGHT MEOW!!!  AND I NEED MOAR MOUNTAIN DEW AND FLUSHABLE WIPES!!!!"
View Quote

Some will eventually discover the joys of the AJ mask. One of these days my wife will wear it for me. I just know it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
LMGTFY

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/camouflage-clothing-laws-by-country
View Quote

Light machine gun then fuck yourself?

Sounds kinky
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I always check camo laws and knife laws before I go somewhere.

It is not that they will... it just takes the one time that they do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry your garment lost.

The looking good and getting pussy bubble.

We laugh at dorks humping the doorknob.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

To what end?

1.) No worthy war brides.
2.) No decent captured weapons.
3.) Rum is imported so, no decent distilleries.
4.) Population dependent on tourism. Somewhat feral so, they are a problem not an asset.
5,) Cruise tourists are a major source of revenue so, fat, obnoxious Americans flood the islands every week.

I’m not seeing the benefit. Let’s go invade Colombia. The pussy alone makes it worth the risk.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
JFC never would have thought to check for something like this, even though I don't wear camo except for a tiger stripe boonie hat when doing yard work.
View Quote

I’m guessing enforcement against a tourist wearing a single article of cami clothing is unlikely.  Tourism is too important to their economy.

A full camo uniform might be a different story.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Is khaki camo? How about grey? If I wear khaki BDU pants have I fucked up?

For those who have never hunted, khaki blends better than a lot of disruptive patterns, just ask a deer.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top