User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mean, under Bruen, this is an obvious one. There were founding fathers growing it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

How so? Drugs can either be prohibited or allowed under a statist regime; it all comes down to which best serves the state as those who run the state believe. If legalizing drugs serves the interest if the state under a statist regime (which they might, and this is a theme in some dystopian literature) then the state will legalize it.

I'll ask you what I asked him. How are you defining statism? It has an actual, objective definition and meaning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sound's like Colorado is becoming the society you want.

That's exactly what I said (not). Are you a statist and if so, why do you think being one is okay? Thanks.

Supporting drug prohibition, whatever its merits or lack thereof, doesn't make anyone a statist. That's an absurd accusation.

Also, while Federal drug prohibition is most certainly unconstitutional (and bullshit like this law even more so), State level prohibition does not violate the Federal constitution.
Nah, it is statist.

How so? Drugs can either be prohibited or allowed under a statist regime; it all comes down to which best serves the state as those who run the state believe. If legalizing drugs serves the interest if the state under a statist regime (which they might, and this is a theme in some dystopian literature) then the state will legalize it.

I'll ask you what I asked him. How are you defining statism? It has an actual, objective definition and meaning.

There weren't laws back in the day of the Founders banning drugs like we say today.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good. And I don’t even smoke the shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Good.

Alcohol is a much, much more dangerous drug.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Supporting drug prohibition, whatever its merits or lack thereof, doesn't make anyone a statist. That's an absurd accusation.

Also, while Federal drug prohibition is most certainly unconstitutional (and bullshit like this law even more so), State level prohibition does not violate the Federal constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I said (not). Are you a statist and if so, why do you think being one is okay? Thanks.

Actually it does, same for those who supported alcohol prohibition.

Prohibition got us NFA (because what better to do when people refuse to follow the law…? make more laws, of course!)

Fuck prohibition.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have never ever run an emergency call involving violence and a pot smoker. Yet I've lost count of violence pertaining to alcohol use.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There weren't laws back in the day of the Founders banning drugs like we say today.
View Quote
Refined drugs didn't exist on the same scale back then either. There was a huge opium epidemic in the 1800s due to unrestricted use (and oftentimes encouraged as a cure all) of heroin and laudanum. That's what spurred the ban. Revisionists just like to blame it on racism and religious morals while ignoring just how bad things really were. It's goofy to think that if George Washington had to step over used needles and hobo shit everyday, he'd say "wow this is great! What a lovely free society! No corrective action is needed here, Ben!"
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good. And I don’t even smoke the shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Excellent. Recreational went on sale for the first time yesterday in Missouri, the drive through was wrapping around the building when I drove by lol
View Quote

I'm laughing my fucking ass off.....Missouri legalized by ballot Nov 8th, 2022 and its on recreational sale??

Meanwhile New York legalized it in 2021 and they only just opened up the FIRST recreational sale in NY on Dec 29, 2022

And they're still fuckin around with figuring out to give pot felons first licenses and trying to make everything as liberal as fucking possible combined with the most bureaucratic government ever known to man
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, it is statist.

You're using "legalizing" as a verb, implying that a thing being legal is the result of State action.

It is not. The neutral state is legal. The People grant powers to the Government, the Government may only restrict The People within the authority granted.

The source of authority being the State is the definition of "Statism". Authority is derived from The People.

You could make a coherent argument for the Government's power to regulate the use of some drugs/narcotics/substances. You got a tough row to hoe making a convincing argument that the Government has been granted authority to remove an enumerated right from a pothead because they are a pothead.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with the Judge.
shall not be infringed means a lot.

however, the user of those firearms will more than likely, in some point in the future become a member of the Darwin Awards Society by mixing marijuana with firearms.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree with the Judge.
shall not be infringed means a lot.

however, the user of those firearms will more than likely, in some point in the future become a member of the Darwin Awards Society by mixing marijuana with firearms.

View Quote

I can't wait for all the blunt and bong and gun pics when it becomes federally legal.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top