View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL.  No it fucking isn’t.

View Quote

People are absolutely retarded.

There is a shit ton of examples of this just a google search away.

Its not yours and you will get Fed in the A real quick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They got it back already.
View Quote

When you updated your thread title & told us it was gone, you should have posted a pic of a roulette table just to blow everyone’s minds.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of dumbass thieves on here thinking they could steal that money.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When you updated your thread title & told us it was gone, you should have posted a pic of a roulette table just to blow everyone’s minds.
View Quote

Could you imagine betting on black? 1 to 1 odds.

You win, you get $2.2m.

You lose, you go to prison.

That's a wild bet!

Bet on 00. You win, you get $77 million. You lose, you go to prison. But at 35 to 1 odds. Oof.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We used to have a neighbor that was a preacher/church family.  We had some calves go missing and finally found them on the other side of their property as they were up by the road one day.   When quizzed by the SO about it "we thought the lord blessed us"..  Mind you we had asked them if they had seen them.  

My point in that is maybe the lord blessed you so lets move to step 2

OP, if it's still there on Thursday let's take this over to the other side of GD and brainstorm your next move to a Nonextradition country and possibly faking your death.
View Quote

Had a neighbor attempt to steal one of our cows after it got into their pasture. Instead of calling us, waving at us, they put her up in their barn, trying to conceal her. That went over well.

Guy was a teacher at the local Jr. High and coach.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Someone at that bank is going to get loved tenderly.
View Quote

Reprimanded or even terminated.

Intentionally exceeding one's transaction limit is a common way that bank employees get fired.  Honest mistakes, no so much.

At my former place of employment, Great American Bank, one time a woman who had just been recognized as Employee of the Year got summarily terminated for making a $35,000 personal loan to a friend of hers.  Her limit was $30,000.

ETA getting fired from a bank is stupidly easy.  I was never in a position where I had any transaction approval authority or legitimate reason to touch actual money.  I had computer systems at my fingertips through which I could have done some very nefarious things, but I didn't.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You win, you get $2.2m.

That's a wild bet!

Bet on 00. You win, you get $77 million. You lose, you go to prison. But at 35 to 1 odds. Oof.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win, you get $2.2m.

That's a wild bet!

No matter how it worked out, it would make a story that your grandkids would tell about you long after you’re dead.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

People are absolutely retarded.

There is a shit ton of examples of this just a google search away.

Its not yours and you will get Fed in the A real quick.
View Quote

From someone who talks like he’s a money expert nonetheless.

Just goes to show….  Assume everyone on the internet is lying or doesn’t have a damn clue what they’re talking about.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

From rags, to riches and back to rags.

Glad you didn't touch it.  It would have been bad.
View Quote

This!  As per ARF fashion, a lot of piss poor advice here.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I saw a news segment on this the other day. The bank was suing a woman. But the woman had a lawyer and he was claiming that the woman made no effort to steal the funds, so how could she be charged with theft..

Also.. Lets say OP had a crypto account that he uses..So he could readily buy coins.. And he bought 2 million worth of bitcoin, Transferred it to a wallet. Then bought a ticket to where ever the good ol USA cant do shit... How would that play out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The crime is committed once the money is moved, regardless as to when it's repaid. If you take something from a store that your did not buy or are otherwise not entitled to and get caught, are you still criminally liable for the theft in the first place? The answer is yes.

I saw a news segment on this the other day. The bank was suing a woman. But the woman had a lawyer and he was claiming that the woman made no effort to steal the funds, so how could she be charged with theft..

Also.. Lets say OP had a crypto account that he uses..So he could readily buy coins.. And he bought 2 million worth of bitcoin, Transferred it to a wallet. Then bought a ticket to where ever the good ol USA cant do shit... How would that play out?

crypto is as traceable as a deposit account.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Intentionally exceeding one's transaction limit is a common way that bank employees get fired.  Honest mistakes, no so much.

At my former place of employment, Great American Bank, one time a woman who had just been recognized as Employee of the Year got summarily terminated for making a $35,000 personal loan to a friend of hers.  Her limit was $30,000.

ETA getting fired from a bank is stupidly easy.  I was never in a position where I had any transaction approval authority or legitimate reason to touch actual money.  I had computer systems at my fingertips through which I could have done some very nefarious things, but I didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone at that bank is going to get loved tenderly.

I've worked at a few of the big kids on the block. The only wire limits I'm aware of are limited based on the banking product and/or account type. I'm not aware of tellers/branch managers having limits aside from a couple signature on the paper wire request form.  Maybe that's more of the regionals/town based banks. I've sent wires exceeding $60k+ using my standard online banking accounts without multiple levels of approval.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easy come, easy go.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#14]
shoulda bought crypto with it right away LOL
then transfered to a cold wallet....

i mean, not like the bank actually  wuold lose money they just invent the shit
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Two chicks at the same time!
View Quote

Thats if you had a million dollars.  He has 2 million plus.

So minimum of 4-5 chicks at the same time.

Come on man!
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Had a neighbor attempt to steal one of our cows after it got into their pasture. Instead of calling us, waving at us, they put her up in their barn, trying to conceal her. That went over well.

Guy was a teacher at the local Jr. High and coach.
View Quote

Some kid a mile away did that with my GSP 40 years ago.
Went for a drive with my mom, heard him barking in the kid's grandpa's barn.
Knocked on the door, Gramps gave the dog back and assured us he'd kick the shit out of the kid. He didn't really believe the story the kid fed him about the dog in the first place. Still had his collar and tags on him. Two year old GSPs are a pain even if you do give them plenty of exercise.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This thread is good fun...but honestly, if it works the other way around it's fuckin' scary.

CSB, but absolutely true. We put the entire proceeds of a house sale in an account with USAA. The new house hunt was going slowly, so I called and asked (a brand new associate) if she could put a lock on our account until we needed the funds. Just for security...

She was very nice and perky, said, "SURE, I can do that!'. Woke up the next morning to discover she'd zapped the entire account into oblivion. Gone...over $300,000 disappeared without a trace. My wife damn near had an apoplexy.

Took two days to get the funds back. I had to go through three levels of supervision at USAA, and I'm pretty sure they thought I was trying to scam them, but their records and the recorded conversation didn't lie.

No idea what happened to perky. She was really sweet, too
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You win, you get $2.2m.

That's a wild bet!

View Quote

Better odds than hundreds of lifetimes of buying lotto tickets.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't anything about gambling/never tried it, but what happens if you bet half on red and half on black?
View Quote

It hits green and you lose it all.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't anything about gambling/never tried it, but what happens if you bet half on red and half on black?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could you imagine betting on black? 1 to 1 odds. You win, you get $2.2m. You lose, you go to prison.

If it lands on a red number, you lose the black bet and double the red bet.  So you break even.

If it lands on a black number, you lose the red bet and double the black bet.  So you break even.

If it lands on 0 or 00, you lose it all.

So not a good betting strategy.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well was Fun.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No matter how it worked out, it would make a story that your grandkids would tell about you long after you’re dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win, you get $2.2m.

That's a wild bet!

And instant arf legend ….instant

Would have posted “fuck it I’m Foing” to cap it off
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol thats a crazy story
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bruh, if you're single, go get a fuckton of receipts from checking your balance at ATMs, and then use them to write your phone number on it for chicks.
View Quote

Now that's thinking!
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#26]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Two million? I'm bitcoining it yesterday and heading to S. America. As far as I'm concerned they already stole tons of money from me with all the bailout BS that continually happens.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, was hoping to hear how you Dan Cooper'd that shit.

I am disappoint. Better luck next time OP
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Well at least you probably will have an audit to deal with soon.

I'm sure 2.2mil triggered one
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#30]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

crypto is as traceable as a deposit account.
View Quote
Mostly yes.

There are a couple of coins that have encrypted transactions to private wallets.  All you can see is a transfer from wallet to wallet.  nothing else.

A couple of burner cold storage wallets and you're good to go....
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This thread is good fun...but honestly, if it works the other way around it's fuckin' scary.

CSB, but absolutely true. We put the entire proceeds of a house sale in an account with USAA. The new house hunt was going slowly, so I called and asked (a brand new associate) if she could put a lock on our account until we needed the funds. Just for security...

She was very nice and perky, said, "SURE, I can do that!'. Woke up the next morning to discover she'd zapped the entire account into oblivion. Gone...over $300,000 disappeared without a trace. My wife damn near had an apoplexy.

Took two days to get the funds back. I had to go through three levels of supervision at USAA, and I'm pretty sure they thought I was trying to scam them, but their records and the recorded conversation didn't lie.

No idea what happened to perky. She was really sweet, too
View Quote
Ha. So true.
My mom sold her house to move closer to us.

Closed right in the middle of a bank merger. They put almost half a mil in the wrong savings account.
Took only a few hours to straighten it out.
Then my mom mentioned an email a few days earlier as well as a letter telling her that her account number had changed.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#33]
"Bank mistakenly put $2.2m in my checking account"

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/super-speeder-georgia-gets-ticket-143943710.html

Super speeder’ in Georgia gets ticket with $1.4 million fine amount

Tyler Nicole
Mon, October 16, 2023, 7:39 AM PDT·3 min read

"A spokesperson for the city of Savannah has since explained that the fine amount was not issued by the police officer who gave Cato the citation, but rather that it later appeared on his e-citation as an automatic “placeholder.”

“The system automatically puts in $999,999.99 as the base amount plus other costs since the only way to resolve the ticket is to appear in court,” the spokesperson said.

A judge will then decide the actual fine amount, according to the city.

Putting an incredibly hefty fine on the e-citation is also not a scare tactic, the official claimed."
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn, should have ordered a meotorite Cabot right away.  Talk about regret
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Did PSA lose another customer?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Or Iran.  He could go live over there and buy a nice house with some slaves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top