Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, I never thought of Weiss as a centerist, and frankly thought little of her after her very poor showing on Rogan where she was quick with the duckspeak.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The hard left is working overtime booting out the old liberals who ostensibly support freedom of speech and are staging a “words are violence” groupthink coup.

The tom cotton oped fallout where the snowflakes claimed it would “hurt black people” and they were “unsafe” due to the words of a sitting senator.

They are khmer rouge and you better believe they will happily leave you in a ditch.

Can’t stop what’s coming
View Quote

This. ^^^
No Virginia, there is no Santa Claus.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.
View Quote

Why edit something challenging to our readers, or write something bold only to go through the numbing process of making it ideologically kosher, when we can assure ourselves of job security (and clicks) by publishing our 4000th op-ed arguing that Donald Trump is a unique danger to the country and the world? And so self-censorship has become the norm.
View Quote

They are not journalists. They are mouthpieces. At least one person has the guts to say it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
She's Bill Maher's favorite guest over the last couple of years.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She isnt a super model, but 2am last call at the bar.......
View Quote

i bet youre

no prize either
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Um, nothing in her resignation letter about her treatment really surprises me about the NYT.

This is where we are headed, agree with group think or be banned or quit from pressure to change your views.
View Quote

Oh believe me... the NYT is not down enough for the struggle for the real leftists.  Here's some lefties ripping her to pieces syllable by syllable from Rogan's show.  Labeled as a "melt down".  

https://www.7ummitmagazine.com/latest-news/2019/2/12/nytimes-journo-melts-down-on-joe-rogans-show

Now, she was weak in that for sure but notice they absolutely LOATHE her and the Times, she's every bit as bad as Trump.  Pure evil.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She's obviously never worked in the corporate world other than the news.  The rest of us know that you do not speak your mind at work, unless it is to further the corporate goals.  And even then it better not criticize the status quo.  Maybe the co workers won't be as harsh as she described, but unless you know where the bodies are buried or are in a protected class, you keep your mouth shut.
View Quote

Well if the corporate goal is "All the News That's Fit to Print" then yes, the job should be to question the status quo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i bet youre

no prize either
View Quote

I'm a GD millionaire super stud
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
NYT articles are annoying to read. Not even the content, but the structure, cadence, smugness... Imagine being a boss who has to read a resignation letter written like a NYT article
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are not journalists. They are mouthpieces. At least one person has the guts to say it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Why edit something challenging to our readers, or write something bold only to go through the numbing process of making it ideologically kosher, when we can assure ourselves of job security (and clicks) by publishing our 4000th op-ed arguing that Donald Trump is a unique danger to the country and the world? And so self-censorship has become the norm.

I would bet some of this relates to the New lefts absolute blind hatred of Israel and jews in general.

The new khmer will not accept Israel, and success through education are not cool in their vision.  sooner American Jews learn where they stand in the new order the better.

Asians are learning in new york with the school system removing performance requirements for special high schools.  They can afford to fuck asians but not drop the mask with jews yet.

On phone so punctuation fucked.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh believe me... the NYT is not down enough for the struggle for the real leftists.  Here's some lefties ripping her to pieces syllable by syllable from Rogan's show.  Labeled as a "melt down".  

https://www.7ummitmagazine.com/latest-news/2019/2/12/nytimes-journo-melts-down-on-joe-rogans-show

Now, she was weak in that for sure but notice they absolutely LOATHE her and the Times, she's every bit as bad as Trump.  Pure evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um, nothing in her resignation letter about her treatment really surprises me about the NYT.

This is where we are headed, agree with group think or be banned or quit from pressure to change your views.

Jimmie Doore is interesting to listen to, but he's a hard-core progressive.  He'll eat an idiot lib, and knew the impeachment was partisan pandering, but he's still a hard-core progressive.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This should be telling.  She's really a very left-of-center NY "centrist" but at least someone that can reason a position.  Center is now framed as the 'extreme right wing' and left is not good enough.  Left is now the 'right wing' and the only acceptable leftist is the complete radical frothing communist.
View Quote

Really this is all the result of Twitter and social media.  Too many corporations live in fear of the Twitter mob and bend over to appease it.  The only power these groups have is what is given to them.  Ultimately it's a bunch of angry strangers screaming on the internet, no one should give any value to it but for some reason they all do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This should be telling.  She's really a very left-of-center NY "centrist" but at least someone that can reason a position.  Center is now framed as the 'extreme right wing' and left is not good enough.  Left is now the 'right wing' and the only acceptable leftist is the complete radical frothing communist.
View Quote

Yep.  She only counts as "conservative" when compared to the communist radicals that have taken over the Times.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Exposed white supremacist resigns from newspaper...

At least that is how it will probably be spun.
View Quote

Funny part about that white supremacist label is that if you asked any person on the street 25 years ago what it meant, it was the Klan going after blacks and Jews.

Now libs try to continue selling that narrative, while all the time applying the label to ANYONE who disagrees with their ideology. Ironically, seems that centrist Jews are getting caught in their trap, and (you'd think) pushed to the fringe. It should be clear to a blind man 10 years ago that the lib ideology was shifting away from being friendly to any Jews that remotely supported Israel, and toward the poor oppressed Palestinians and by extension any Muslims. Yet many middle-of-the-road Jews continue to ardently support Dems.

Read some of the reviews of her book on Amazon for insight into the thinking here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Bet she still votes straight D ticket in Nov
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the party sweetheart.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The monster they created has turned its gaze to them

And they don’t like it
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
She may not be a Trump lover but she is now a Trump voter. Score ! Thanks Libatards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She may not be a Trump lover but she is now a Trump voter. Score ! Thanks Libatards.
View Quote

Doubt it. She's still probably rabidly anti-trump.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Really this is all the result of Twitter and social media.  Too many corporations live in fear of the Twitter mob and bend over to appease it.  The only power these groups have is what is given to them.  Ultimately it's a bunch of angry strangers screaming on the internet, no one should give any value to it but for some reason they all do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Journalists love twitter, because twitter comes with easy to generate engagement metrics that can be shown to your boss because managers love metrics.

If you write a shit article that gets a lot of twitter clicks, then congrats!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Bari Weiss Dated Kate McKinnon, But Doesn’t Want ‘Political Points’ For Her Sexual Identity

https://forward.com/schmooze/423163/bari-weiss-dated-kate-mckinnon-but-doesnt-want-political-points-unlike-for/

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Showing up for work as a centrist at an American newspaper should not require bravery.

And there it is.  Its flat out dangerous to counter the orthodoxy.
View Quote

Quoted:
That letter could have been addressed to nearly every major newspaper or news source in the country and would have been just as applicable.
It would also would have been just as ignored.
View Quote

Yes and yes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I just found that too.    College must have been fun.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Meanwhile, the leftist propaganda machine will continue to declare that the MSM (and the education system) do not lean left or operate to push an agenda.

No one will remember her past the end of this week.  The media will erase her from existence unless they think she can still be used as a punching bag to help drive home their liberal agenda.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I agree with everything she wrote there.

Another term Tim Pool likes: “political refugees.” Ex-Democrats/ liberals/ leftists who wake up one day on the other side of the border from the “woke enoughs”. They ain’t center, they ain’t right. But they ARE politically homeless.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#26]
This is similar to when Ben Shapiro quit Breitbart. Good on her.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

WTF is with the dudes eyes.
View Quote

What dude?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

She isnt a super model, but 2am last call at the bar.......i'd do things

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8d/08/ea/8d08eaea9167c7e0cb5748b0cf22f2f9.jpg
View Quote

I'd do dirty things to her before we hit the bar.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Weird double tap, but I'd hit it twice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What dude?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What dude?

I'm guilty, I thought it was a guy also.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Kicked the N.Y. Times in the groin, but it will not matter they will continue to be dumbasses
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She was on Rogan a couple months ago, she struck me as really stupid.  I can't remember what it was exactly, but I remember her using words incorrectly, she didn't know the correct definitions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dave Rubin needs to get that woman on his show ASAP.
She was on Rogan a couple months ago, she struck me as really stupid.  I can't remember what it was exactly, but I remember her using words incorrectly, she didn't know the correct definitions.
Well she's a journalist.  She doesn't need to know words and stuff.  Just narratives.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

i bet youre

no prize either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She isnt a super model, but 2am last call at the bar.......

i bet youre

no prize either

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was correct the first time.

Who are you kidding.... you'd do things half a beer in during happy hour.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Meh....eating their own...don't care.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm not sure where you are going with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's obviously never worked in the corporate world other than the news.  The rest of us know that you do not speak your mind at work, unless it is to further the corporate goals.  And even then it better not criticize the status quo.  Maybe the co workers won't be as harsh as she described, but unless you know where the bodies are buried or are in a protected class, you keep your mouth shut.

I'm not sure where you are going with that.

She complained about the treatment she received after speaking her mind.  It was one of the major themes of her letter.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Leftists calling conservatives racist = big marxist bonus points

Leftists calling liberals racist = very bad, not fair, I'm going to tell my mother!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
She was there to be the OPINION EDITOR.  Hello.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hilariously, she was writing articles that said Trump was okay with Nazis while her own coworkers were calling her a Nazi.
View Quote

Goes to show what trying to fit in with that crowd wins you.

BTW, her bosses & co-workers are not 'rebuked' by this letter, they are high-fiving eachother.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lol the people she intended it for are probably trying to arock the people that agreed with her in private as we speak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The message will be completely lost on those it is intended for.
Lol the people she intended it for are probably trying to arock the people that agreed with her in private as we speak.

She should out every one of them.

Where were they when she needed them?  When we needed them?  And if they're driven from the paper, they're sure to be replaced with even less competent groupthink hacks, bringing about the paper's downfall even faster.

If any do survive, maybe they'll be more inclined to hang together rather than catch the gallows separately.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#46]
TOO SOON!!!   It is not in the national interest of the dems to excrete the moonbats too early.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She's Bill Maher's favorite guest over the last couple of years.

View Quote

Why hasn't he been metoo'ed, yet?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and/or DUH.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Journalists love twitter, because twitter comes with easy to generate engagement metrics that can be shown to your boss because managers love metrics.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It started with repeating Tweets instead of doing real journalism.  I remember a time when practically no one in college used the platform, but every celebrity, journalist, and most politicians did.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you looking at the dude?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top