BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do the Safariland light bearing RDS holsters retain without a light attached? I don’t keep a light on my pistol IWB but have one I can attach for OWB.

I’m other words - I need something that can work with or without a light. I’d prefer not to buy two holsters if possible. That Dara mentioned previously has me intrigued.
View Quote

Some do, my G17 and PSA Rock with RMRs stay in the holster with or without the X300 attached. My 1911 (sans RDS) will fall out without the X300 on it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By @Cypher214:
I go against the grain a bit and use a G-Code because the Safariland 6000 series are bulky as fuck.  I prefer a streamlined set up that I can cover with a windbreaker if needed because I am unable to envision a scenario where running around looking like a SF door kicker would be better than keeping an average Joe low profile.

I also don't own a Multicam outfit for this reason.
View Quote

I love gear. I love efficient, streamlined high quality stuff.

Based on the recommendations, several of the setups were in my cart to purchase but I kept coming back to the above as this is my mindset as well.

If the battle belt is going to be worn in my suburban south Florida life, bad things are going down and I want to be as low key as possible. That's what I am struggling with on the setup.

Leaning towards the G-code or ragnarok as I love the 6k-Safari and others on the clean draw but lean and mean might be more my skinny-ass style.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at the 7 Series Safariland then, if it's the looks you're worried about.  As far as actual size, a Safariland ain't that much bulkier than a G-Code where it matters, and once you have the holster, there's a myriad of mounting options for it, from paddle close to the body to full-on GWOT looking thigh rig setups, and everything in between.

If it's a range toy or for gun games, that's one thing.  Bodkin your ass off, enjoy your Quick-Draw McGraw rig.

But, if it's meant to possibly be with you in harm's way, I'd want L2 retention at the very least, and a holster that seriously protects the weapon that's supposed to protect you and yours...If you're strapping on a battle belt, things are already overt...if you're not jocked up, that's what a CCW setup is for.  Don't cross the streams, suit gear to task.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]

well based on this thread, great input and OhioRiflemans threads, i pulled the trigger on the 6390RDS version. It came yesterday. Pretty cool. I am surprised how easy it actually functions and operates on the thumb as i'd never tried it. It's just barely a whiff of tension from the proper angle on my right thumb and it works smooth

I've got the nub mod in hand but need to figure out how to get the big block guard thingy off now?
Any insight?

Also, it appears to be a mid-rise. Does it need additional support like a True north plate or other?

(G19-Gen5 with RMR)

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

well based on this thread, great input and OhioRiflemans threads, i pulled the trigger on the 6390RDS version. It came yesterday. Pretty cool. I am surprised how easy it actually functions and operates on the thumb as i'd never tried it. It's just barely a whiff of tension from the proper angle on my right thumb and it works smooth

I've got the nub mod in hand but need to figure out how to get the big block guard thingy off now?
Any insight?

Also, it appears to be a mid-rise. Does it need additional support like a True north plate or other?

(G19-Gen5 with RMR)

View Quote

To remove the thingy you need to remove the screws, remove thingy, then put screws back in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To remove the thingy you need to remove the screws, remove thingy, then put screws back in.
View Quote

got it. good thing it's my wifes birthday as i'll borrow her difker and then look up the videos on rougetube.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Good choice. The grab guard is easy to remove. Have my holster on a mid ride CUBL

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Blackhawk Omnivore. Universal holster that can be used with a wide range of guns. It uses the light to hold the gun in the holster, which allows it to fit a wide range of guns.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I have multiple Trex and Tier 1 holsters w/QLS forks.

All have been great
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I still need to get that cordura stuck on cover stuff. My Safariland makes noise when brush rubs against it
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still need to get that cordura stuck on cover stuff. My Safariland makes noise when brush rubs against it
View Quote

There was a recent thread about that.

I went with this stuff. Haven't applied it yet but looks fairly straight forward.

Dangerfield Arms TackGear Wrap 8" x 12" Multicam Cordura Camouflage Adhesive Wrap 500 Denier Adhesive Back for kydex and Other Items (Coyote Brown) https://a.co/d/hGgyY77
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Blackhawk Omnivore. Universal holster that can be used with a wide range of guns. It uses the light to hold the gun in the holster, which allows it to fit a wide range of guns.
View Quote

I have one of those, as well as a Safariland.

Compared to the Safariland the Omnivore is hot garbage. It's borderline acceptable if you really must have a single holster for multiple guns, but that's not a situation I find myself in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been liking my Surefire MasterFire Gen 2 holster (updated after GT YT vid) ... prior to that switch ... I ran Safariland  ... I haven't had a single hiccup yet from the Surefire ... practically I can run whatever modern handgun with a rail with this holster ... quite nice ...
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Safariland 7TS or a G-Code XST.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I went with this stuff. Haven't applied it yet but looks fairly straight forward.

Dangerfield Arms TackGear Wrap 8" x 12" Multicam Cordura Camouflage Adhesive Wrap 500 Denier Adhesive Back for kydex and Other Items (Coyote Brown) https://a.co/d/hGgyY77
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Truly, it depends on you and what you like.  

My BB has the serpa system, and quick changes for my 229 and 320 in holsters.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Safariland is always the answer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a 6x and 7x holster with that stuff sorta recently.  Wasn't hard, take off the retention stuff and QLS or whatever, do a good alcohol wipe and have sharp razor knife and scissors, and a heat gun or hair dryer helps. Lesson learned, the 7TS holsters split into two halves, do each half by itself will result in a cleaner wrap and less fitment fiddling. I'll do that next time, still have a G17 7TS holster in black here that needs love.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]
6390 rds. This thing is awesome.

Added nubmod already.

Amazed that how easy the design works of a sweep of the thumb etc.

Just added the QLS fork system. Wow that’s exactly what I was looking for on distance, drop and setup.

Have only worn it wearing with tactical boxers in living room. Plan on really testing it soon. I’m curious if I need a strap?

I don’t see many safarilands for C2’s though? (Looking ahead)

Not fully understanding what would be the 7xequivalent maybe for a G19 gen2 non rds?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Possibly a question that will get me laughed at but here goes:

Does anyone make a good universal holster for a battle belt? I don’t mind it not being Kydex, just thinking I want something I can use with and without a light, and better yet, with a variety of pistols. If I roll out with a full size M&P or a P320 or a 1911, I’d like to see if there’s a holster that can be used with similar sized guns.

OP: Apologies if this diverts the thread… I don’t know if it’s worth it’s own thread is all and this one was handy, so… here we are.

TIA.
View Quote

Yes, but it’s not a great solution. Blackhawk “special ops” holster. Doesn’t work with lights, but fits the M9, Glock 17, and similarly sized handguns. It’s decent if all you want is a secure holster that protects the gun, and not what the high-speed, low-drag guys use.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#22]
OP you made the right choice on the 6390. Great holster for everyone save for uniformed patrol officers; that mission is best filled by a 6360. The 7390 and 7360 are equivalent and Safariland does make variants of the 7 series that are a little slimmer for the TLR7.

For mag pouches I stick with Safariland. Esstac works good for polymer mags like Glock but I’ve found metal mags tend to squirt out of them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok the holster and rig have been great but I need some help.

Switching over to a Stacatto C-2. Struggling to find a quality holster which i can swap out to?

(Running battle belt style as most of the guys above.)

Can I get some guidance from the hive-mind??
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

@Lungbuster

I’ve got some extra black cordura from a previous holster wrap project. If that’s the color you want to go with I can send you some.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@Lungbuster

I’ve got some extra black cordura from a previous holster wrap project. If that’s the color you want to go with I can send you some.
View Quote

Thanks but I’m good. I did mine in Multicam Arid just last week. I had enough left over to do my .22 holster too.

@bg10

I appreciate the offer though.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top