How not to win elections for 1000 alex.

If I was running for dog catcher, three things I would avoid speaking about are

Abortion
Gay issues
Abortion
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no better way to judge a candidate than by the stupid shit they say that wasn't practiced ahead of time.  The fact that Carson is stupid enough to say something like that is WAY more telling than the fact that he actually believes it.   Believing it shows ignorance, but saying it demonstrates a serious lack of common sense.   I hope he keeps it up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering when Carson was going to do a hat tip to the religious right.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
syrup, or jelly?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sorry politifact, but why do they wear their drawers so low again?
View Quote

Because in prison they are issued one size fits all uniforms. They don't get a belt to reduce their ability to hang themselves.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Abortion
Gay issues
Abortion
View Quote

And fucking religion.

Just talk about governance issues, not social ones.

People want (trumps rise as proof): deal with illegals, fix spending, gun rights, and jobs.

None of those need any talk about religion, gays, or abortion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, but what about submarines?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because in prison they are issued one size fits all uniforms. They don't get a belt to reduce their ability to hang themselves.
View Quote

This I never understood.  They should give them an extra belt so that their pants don't fall down when they do.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
It's always difficult to keep the GD rules on gayness sorted out.

We're told because "I never decided to like vaginas (or dicks)" and that gay sex must only occur in people who were born gay.

We're told that "If you suck dicks" it's pretty slam dunk case that you are gay.

We're told that gay sex in prison is "gay for the stay" in clear violation of the first rule, but this appears to be the only exception mentally allowed.  

The tolerance mindset can't allow for the fact that there is homosexual activity and proclivities outside the confines of the strictly homosexual personality trait of only be attracted to the same sex.  Any suggestion of this introduces the component of choice to the equation and must have feces flung at it as soon as possible to shut down any conversation.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This I never understood.  They should give them an extra belt so that their pants don't fall down when they do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but if Jimmy hangs himself in custody his parents can say he was just turning his life around and sue the prison.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Old news.

You just hearing about this?

Give OP a break.  He's a caveman.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#12]
This is why Ben isn't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Why does it matter to him?
Seriously.
We have a Muslim problem overseas that is threatening to plunge the Middle East and now EUROPE into a cataclysm, Mexicans pouring unchecked over our southern border, a debt that could literally send the world into the dark ages, and this guy cares so much about inmates turning their poopholes into parking lots that he's willing to throw the most important election of the century over it?!?!?
I'll take "misplaced priorities" for $500, Alex.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why does it matter to him?
Seriously.
We have a Muslim problem overseas that is threatening to plunge the Middle East and now EUROPE into a cataclysm, Mexicans pouring unchecked over our southern border, a debt that could literally send the world into the dark ages, and this guy cares so much about inmates turning their poopholes into parking lots that he's willing to throw the most important election of the century over it?!?!?
I'll take "misplaced priorities" for $500, Alex.

View Quote

The problem isn't that it matters to him, it's that it matters to the voters.   All of the stupid people who vote based on religion, abortion, and other irrelevant bullshit is the problem.  What difference does it make where he thinks homos come from?

On the other hand, like I said before, he being stupid enough to say it tells me a lot about the man.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm convinced the Republicans are TRYING to throw this election.

If we don't have a Republican POTUS next time around, it's not because the Democrats won. It's because the Republicans lost.

View Quote

You mean like when RNC ran McStain , or Rommney or (its his turn) Dole?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Abortion
Gay issues
Abortion
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Dear Ben:

I say this as a member of the voting public, and as one physician to another: If you don't have a good answer or comment for something, defer and come back with the right info. If you're outside your expertise, stop talking before you saw off the tree limb on which you're standing.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#18]
This guy loves this thread, only question is syrup or jelly?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#19]
March 4th, 2015

Homosexuality is a choice, just look at the prisons, Republican neurosurgeon Ben Carson said on CNN.

Hensley recently authored a study that he said is one of the first to examine a shift in sexual orientation in prisons. He and his co-author questioned 142 prisoners at a maximum-security facility in the South about their sexual orientation. They found that of the sample, 24 men changed sexual orientation while incarcerated.

These results do not conclusively support Carson’s point, Hensley said. The sample size is too small to make any sweeping conclusions

Ben Carson apologizes for gay prison comments

Added on March 5, 2015, 11:08 a.m.

After we published this fact-check, Carson sent an email to reporters apologizing for his comments. According to Time, he said, "I do not pretend to know how every individual came to their sexual orientation," he said. "I regret that my words to express that concept were hurtful and divisive. For that I apologize unreservedly to all that were offended."

"I’m a doctor trained in multiple fields of medicine, who was blessed to work at perhaps the finest institution of medical knowledge in the world. Some of our brightest minds have looked at this debate, and up until this point there have been no definitive studies that people are born into a specific sexuality," he said. "We do know, however, that we are always born male and female. And I know that we are all made in God’s image, which means we are all deserving of respect and dignity."

He also said he supports same-sex rights, including the right to marry, though he personally does not support same-sex marriage.

On his radio show, Fox News host Sean Hannity asked Carson about the comments.

"First of all, it was a 25-minute interview. They chopped—and you see what part they emphasized," Carson replied, according to National Journal. "We talked about some really important things. None of that was brought out. But I did learn something very important: for certain networks, never do a pre-taped interview. Always do it live."

His other strategy: never talk about gay rights again.

"I simply have decided I'm not going to really talk about that issue anymore because every time I'm gaining momentum, the political press says, 'Let's talk about gay rights.' And I'm just not going to fall for that anymore," he said.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/mar/04/ben-carson/ben-carson-many-prisoners-go-straight-come-out-gay/#atfhead

NJ: You sound irritated with the media in general.

CRUZ: Reporters have political agendas. The press doesn’t treat any Republican fairly. Most mainstream-media reporters are partisan Democrats who have an ideologically driven agenda to protect Barack Obama, to further liberal policies, and to caricature and attack conservatives. That is the simple reality of politics.

NJ: Hasn’t the mainstream media been harsh on Hillary Clinton during this campaign? There have been regular front-page stories on the nation’s biggest newspapers about her email controversy.

CRUZ: No, they haven’t been harsh on Hillary. If Hillary was a Republican, you would have had six months ago an "Indictment Watch" ticking on the evening news each night. Hillary went months with no reporters asking her a question. Hillary roped the reporters literally, and they went along with that. When one reporter had an opportunity to ask her a question, after months, they asked her, "What flavor of ice cream do you like?" No, they are not hard on Hillary Clinton. When she is facing an FBI investigation into possible criminal conduct, even the most partisan journalist is obliged to write something. But it is only the egregiousness of her conduct that is forcing any question to be raised about her. If any Republican had done what Hillary Clinton did as secretary of State—accepted millions of dollars from foreign countries into their charitable foundation and also into their personal bank account for their spouse’s speaking fees—the front page of The New York Times would have covered it every day for three months straight.

NJ: Do you think the press has covered your campaign fairly?

CRUZ: The mainstream media are not fair and impartial observers. They are not umpires. They are partisan players with an agenda. Any Republican who doesn’t understand that and isn’t prepared to deal with that is going to get eaten alive.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/58636/ted-cruz-tea-party-george-w-bush-worst-part-running-president

The theory of Critical Theory is simply to criticize ~Bill Whittle

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Old news.

You just hearing about this?
View Quote

Maybe it just now scrolled by on his "newsfeed"  
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's always difficult to keep the GD rules on gayness sorted out.

We're told because "I never decided to like vaginas (or dicks)" and that gay sex must only occur in people who were born gay.

We're told that "If you suck dicks" it's pretty slam dunk case that you are gay.

We're told that gay sex in prison is "gay for the stay" in clear violation of the first rule, but this appears to be the only exception mentally allowed.  

The tolerance mindset can't allow for the fact that there is homosexual activity and proclivities outside the confines of the strictly homosexual personality trait of only be attracted to the same sex.  Any suggestion of this introduces the component of choice to the equation and must have feces flung at it as soon as possible to shut down any conversation.
View Quote

Great point, and people don't reflect and just jumps on the messagers wagon (MSM in this case) because they want to be at one with the group think.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top