[#1]
no.

they are gay
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

no.

they are gay

John Mcclane will jump out of the tv and pistol whip you.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
no.

they are gay

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]

You can pick it up.

Just make sure you put it down and don't buy it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can hold it well go for it. they shoot nice the worst thing is the safety/decocker specially being on the slide. If they had the design that the  Taurus PT92 has it would be 10x better of a firearm

EDIT Grammer
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Who dropped it?

Oh, and before the usual gunshop crowd spewing bullshit shows up, I will trade them a Glock for their "horrible" Beretta 92  right now.   I carried one for years and like the reliability and accuracy.

(I make that offer in every Beretta thread.  No one has taken me up on it yet)
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got several never had issues. Just like fat girls and skinny girls some guys like them some don't.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Outstanding pistol. Do it!!!  Anyone who says otherwise voted for Obama.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have had one for about 12 years. My brother has had one almost as long. Neither of us has ever had a problem.

Edit: shit, meant to edit but quoted instead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had one for about 12 years. My brother has had one almost as long. Neither of us has ever had a problem.

did you bother shooting it that entire time?
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thousands of times. Never anything but 100% reliability. Have you ever shot one?
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
If it's a first gen Beretta 92, then by all means, buy it!

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who dropped it?

Oh, and before the usual gunshop crowd spewing bullshit shows up, I will trade them a Glock for their "horrible" Beretta 92  right now.   I carried one for years and like the reliability and accuracy.

Maybe because Berettas are slightly more expensive than Glocks?  Are you offering them cash in your trade as well to make things fair? Might explain why no one takes you up on it if it's a shitty deal.  

I like how 92s  shoot.  Hate how they carry, and can't stand the slide mounted safety.  

If I got a good deal on a used one though, I'd pick it up anyway.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have one, fun to shoot and accurate, but mostly a range toy because of the size and weight, even less interesting now w/ the risk of arrest here with the 15 round magazines. My trigger return spring broke also

Just to clarify:  NY law is now no magazines over 10 round capacity, but you can only load those 10 round magazines to 7, correct?
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#17]
They are a good gun, with a fat grip. I had 1 and put around 5000 rounds thru it, Later I sold it to get rid of the 9mm caliber. Being a reloader I have to many calibers and omitted several to make my like easier. The last day I owned my Beretta I shot the last of my reloads which was 600 rounds. Taking my time took me 2 hours to do.
Then I took the gun apart, soaked it in Hoppes, did a detail strip and then used my air compressor and blew it dry, then chased the remaining wet-ness with paper towels. I reassembled it placed the original tags on it in the original box and got $500 for it.

The guy at the store thought is was brand new.  They run good and with care last a long long time.

They have a magazine limit where you live? If you can only load 10 rounds it it, then that would suck......
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got an early/mid 90s 92FS, US made and I like the pistol a lot.

It even fits my girly hands pretty well, for a large full sized pistol.

Love the looks, to boot.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've got an early/mid 90s 92FS, US made and I like the pistol a lot.

It even fits my girly hands pretty well, for a large full sized pistol.

Love the looks, to boot.

Chris

They are indeed attractive pistols.  Always liked the INOX especially.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who dropped it?

Maybe because Berettas are slightly more expensive than Glocks?  Are you offering them cash in your trade as well to make things fair? Might explain why no one takes you up on it if it's a shitty deal.  

I like how 92s  shoot.  Hate how they carry, and can't stand the slide mounted safety.  

If I got a good deal on a used one though, I'd pick it up anyway.

If it's worth more than a Glock, than how is it a shitty gun?  If it's SOOO horrible, you  would think they would jump at the chance.  Mainly, i think it's because they are just vomiting  what the cool guys say.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I love mines. I got mines from my CO who didn't want his issued pistol. I helped him with the paperwork and I purchased it from him in exchange for some computer work.

Original issued m9....love it with the laser grips.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Buy it. I have several Glock 19's and I still love my 92fs.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't like them.  The main reason is that I had one, and it was the most unreliable pistol I ever owned.  However, that was many years ago, and I'm willing to accept that they may be far more reliable now.

I will say that it was a sweet shooter, and for that reason I wouldn't advise against getting one to have some fun with at the range.  But my opinion is that there are better options for just about any other use; if i really wanted a non-polymer pistol, I would look at a SIG or a CZ instead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have one, fun to shoot and accurate, but mostly a range toy because of the size and weight, even less interesting now w/ the risk of arrest here with the 15 round magazines. My trigger return spring broke also

same here... trigger spring return broke after about 350 rounds
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#27]
i found them to be 100% reliable, and i shoot expert with it. however, i shoot almost everything better than the beretta.  i hate the grip on it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine was a Postal Inspectors trade-in, so don't make me go postal.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I bought an M9 just because it's one of those guns I think everyone should have.
Rem 700, 870, a 1911 of some sort, Beretta 92 of some flavor, 10/22,  AR15 in a few configs, 308 battle rifle of some platform ( M1a or Ar10), etc.

Turns out it's pretty accurate.. I had no idea.
Since I added 9mm back to the armory, I picked up a HK USP this last weekend, can't wait to test that one out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#31]
CZ-75 if you have a desire for a flavor other than Glock.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

They are nice looking.

That's about the best thing that can be said about them.  They are the original "wonder-nine" made famous by the US Military and Hollywood.  
Buy it as an addition to a collection.  Not as a regular carry gun.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
They are nice looking.

That's about the best thing that can be said about them.  They are the original "wonder-nine" made famous by the US Military and Hollywood.  

IIRC Sig won that competition in every category other than price.

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If it's worth more than a Glock, than how is it a shitty gun?  If it's SOOO horrible, you  would think they would jump at the chance.  Mainly, i think it's because they are just vomiting  what the cool guys say.  

Read what I actually wrote instead of what you're assuming I mean and try again.  

The market value of a Beretta 92 is higher than a Glock.  (Depending on where you buy and what style of either gun you're looking at, anywhere from a $70-$150 price difference NIB).  No matter what people's personal likes or dislikes are about the pistol, you'd have to be retarded to accept that trade as the Beretta owner without some kind of cash going your way, based on the market value and probable price you paid.  I don't care how much I dislike a gun, I'm not going to take a $150 loss on a trade just to get rid of it.  So I'm guessing no one takes you up on your trade offer because they'd be losing money in the deal.  

And as I said already, I actually enjoy the way they shoot and would buy one if I found a good deal on a used 92 so I don't think they're "SOOO horrible".  You're starting to sound almost like a Glock fanboy in your eagerness to defend your chosen brand without actually bothering to read what people are saying.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I do not own one, yet shot it extremely accurately. It was a 92sf, not sure if they are the same.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#36]
92F was the first 9mm I ever owned. Still have it and love to shoot it.

If you don't have large hands it's not for you. It's big and heavy. And very accurate. Easy to shoot well.

That said, I've fired about 5k rounds through it in 20 years. Only failures were with one box of re-loads that I don't even recall the "brand". Stovepipes, which is rare with a 92.

I'd say grab it if the price is reasonable. Very enjoyable pistol. The slide mounted safety / de-cocker is a bit odd but practice cures that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
no.

they are gay

This!

It pains me to say it...  But I'd rather have a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#38]
People are just butt hurt that Beretta is the only pistol to meet the Army standards and keep winning the contracts while Glock and sig fall short.

These people swear by them but we all know there's no substitute for a Beretta.

Father carried one, police veteran. Now I carry the Nano everyday 100% even in gun free zones. My PX4 tears up the range,

I like glocks and other guns to, namely the M+P because it's American.

Just because you favor one pistol doesn't mean you should bash the others, i know it's hard.

I like the de-cocker because i enjoy manually manipulating my action so i prefer hammer-fire de-cocker's

Here's my Facebook page to get Beretta to make a 10mm Cx4, 90, px4 series in  10mm https://www.facebook.com/BerettaMakeA10mmCx4And92SeriesPetition

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/2192/n8ul.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/1223/u3wy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/1047/08l7.jpg

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Good pistols.  Mechanical accuracy is high and they are reliable.

They don't tolerate a lack of lubem bad mags, or users with small hands.  

Upgrade to the option where the safety springs back to fire after decocking.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]
If you want it, buy it.  I have a 92fs and enjoy it very much.  I even carry it.  I am much more accurate with it than with any of my other pistols (glock 19, fns9, usp 45c, 226, 229).
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Who dropped it?

I found out after my trigger return spring broke that that was common in older 92s. I replaced it with a Wolff but that changed my opinion of them.  

Springs breaking on M9s aren't uncommon.  I observed magazine catches wear and break too.  Our pistols were drawn from the armory every two to three weeks for use on the range.

Lots of small parts in that design.  Small parts tend to break.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wolff Trigger Conversion Unit FTMFW (replaces the easily broken trigger spring with different design)

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/BERETTA/92,%2096,%20AND%20CENTURION/cID1/mID2/dID36#59

Edit: Oops read down further, sounds like you already replaced it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#43]
I like my FS just fine, my first pistol
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Big fat complex fragile junk.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Buy it.  I would, especially if it's a 92G.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Who dropped it?

I found out after my trigger return spring broke that that was common in older 92s. I replaced it with a Wolff but that changed my opinion of them.  

Springs breaking on M9s aren't uncommon.  I observed magazine catches wear and break too.  Our pistols were drawn from the armory every two to three weeks for use on the range.

Lots of small parts in that design.  Small parts tend to break.

Comparing the reliability and performance of a M9 that's been mistreated for years with a 92 is close to apples and oranges. Not to mention that most Army armorers know shit about maintaining and fixing weapons.

My first pistol was a 92. I chose it because I was pretty new to pistols and had just carried a M9 while in Korea, so I went with something I was comfortable with. My only regret was selling it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Stick with the "old gun."
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 2:13:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
People are just butt hurt that Beretta is the only pistol to meet the Army standards and keep winning the contracts while Glock and sig fall short.

Beretta won because of a slightly cheaper support package.
SIG seems to work just fine to win the USAF bid

That being said, I wonder how a new bidding process would go with more current designs and specs
The DA/SA feature is dated and not really needed. If they didn't want a SA, there are some smooth DA semis out there
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 2:15:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not to mention that most Army armorers know shit about maintaining and fixing weapons.

My first pistol was a 92. I chose it because I was pretty new to pistols and had just carried a M9 while in Korea, so I went with something I was comfortable with. My only regret was selling it.

Unit armorers are glorified bean counters whose beans happen to shoot bullets.
No one expects them to actually fix the weapons they oversee.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top