Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
mines about 4 or 5 years old love it, a ddo a lot of trimming, and have NEVER had a single problem with it, cant recommend more...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had mine for three years so far. Love it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-2-Cycle-21-2cc-Straight-Shaft-Gas-Trimmer-SRM-225/100675439

I have been abusing the hell out of mine for a year now.  I got some of the Rhino brush blades they sell for it and did some minor forestry

Matter of fact, just bought that exact one this AM.  It is a replacement for a Stylh  I think is almost 20 years old.  I have an Echo chainsaw that runs like a champ, so giving this a go.

I've had mine for three years so far. Love it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a STIHL FS38 last year. Smallest they make I think. Uses 080 line.   Miles ahead of any of the box store brands. The only attachment Is a poly blades I think.

My wife uses a craftsman electric trimmer her dad gave her. I like it for a couple of things I do around our store. It has a head that's not auto feed. It has a groove all the way around with 2 notches. The head holds a few feet of .250 or so line. You pull a some out about half a wind and switch notches if that make sense. I have only had to do it once this year so the thick line last a while. I wish I could get a head like that for the Stihl.

I bought a Bowens (iI think) gas trimmer with ran great last year but I forgot and left gas in it over the winter from October or November. Ran when II first ran it this year but now it won't run. I think the primer or lines are gooped up. It runs on a squirt of starting fluid so its fuel related
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you want to go super cheap get a Homelite

View Quote

I have a 13 year old Homelite.  Just started it a few days ago.  Easy start.   Five acre lot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If there's  a Menards near you, they have Featherlite gas ones on sale until June 4 for $59. I bought one this morning, just fired it up, works great. .080 string model.
View Quote

i bought this exact model last week.  It is the Weed Eater model.  i've used it only once so far, but seems pretty good.  its replacing my nearly 20 year old Homelite.  Damn thing was a struggle after all those years of abuse.  it is now parted out and sorted for recycling.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top