Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
2016 chevy SS with lsa blower.
Rare but can be found with a manual trans if want it.

The SS is a wolf in sheeps clothing, no one expects a monster 6.2 450+ hp engine in a 4 door sedan add the blower and its over 550hp.
And can easily reach 1k hp with proper mods.
Swap all emblems over to holden and you will have every gear head you pass, eyeballing the car.
The aussies are insane bunch of motorheads and have damn near evey mod you could dream of avalible for the car.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you afford an LS swap?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see 2008 bmw m3,m5,m6 for around 20-25k. Are they worth it?
Can you afford an LS swap?
What's that?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Miatas are so fucking ugly and gay.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I see 2008 bmw m3,m5,m6 for around 20-25k. Are they worth it?
View Quote
I'd personally never buy an out of warranty German sports car/sedan.  There is a reason they depreciate like a mofo once the warranty is up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Used Lotus Elise.

Bought my 05 Elise back in 2011 for only $30k, only had 2.5k original miles was garage kept by a woman who had no idea what she got herself into so I kindly took it off her hands
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fiesta ST then.  2600 lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think OP is looking for a lightweight car that responds quickly and effortlessly to steering, braking and acceleration inputs.

2,500 lbs slings around much differently than 3,500 lbs.
Fiesta ST then.  2600 lbs.
Maybe I can put this more plainly. FWD IS THE DEVIL!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The SS is a wolf in sheeps clothing, no one expects a monster 6.2 450+ hp engine in a 4 door sedan add the blower and its over 550hp.
And can easily reach 1k hp with proper mods.
Swap all emblems over to holden and you will have every gear head you pass, eyeballing the car.
The aussies are insane bunch of motorheads and have damn near evey mod you could dream of avalible for the car.
View Quote
Checked a few websites, the few around me were between 33,000 and 45,000... pass.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Stretch just a touch and get the new Mazda MX5. No you wont be leaving long trails of black strips on the pavement but goddamn is that a fun car
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nothing fancy but a new Ford Fusion Titanium would be right around that price has the Ecoboost turbo and is AWD

I love mine
View Quote
How much is an Ecoboost Mustang? I hear they are great handling cars and a Ford tune gets them near 400hp.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How much is an Ecoboost Mustang? I hear they are great handling cars and a Ford tune gets them near 400hp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing fancy but a new Ford Fusion Titanium would be right around that price has the Ecoboost turbo and is AWD

I love mine
$25,000 base price they weigh 3,532 to 3,642 lbs depending on options from what I saw.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
VW GTI.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
VW GTI.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Used Lotus Elise.

Bought my 05 Elise back in 2011 for only $30k, only had 2.5k original miles was garage kept by a woman who had no idea what she got herself into so I kindly took it off her hands
View Quote
These are a ton of fun if a) You can fit in them and b) live in a place with perfect roads. Holy hell theyre a rough ride on anything but perfect tarmac.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#14]
86/brz, no doubt

If you want to spend more money you can go ham with a super.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure if you want to add $15k just for the car based off the op's $25k budget
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

These are a ton of fun if a) You can fit in them and b) live in a place with perfect roads. Holy hell theyre a rough ride on anything but perfect tarmac.
View Quote
Also, God forbid you damage any of the body panels. They're fiberglass and they're horrifically expensive to replace.

I've heard of Elises getting totaled from panel damage.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
My 2010 Camaro SS with BMR 1.25 drop springs / performance alignment / BMR big sway bar set is brutal out in the wild...no more understeer.

LS3 car, so it's a manual...

Can be had on Auto trader in mid teens for sure..$900 for suspension mods & 2k for ZL1 tire and wheel package...bam you're done!!!

I wouldn't stress about high mileage cars...save more mod money.

E90 /E92 BMW 330I & 335it's were awesome

Cowpunk
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Also, God forbid you damage any of the body panels. They're fiberglass and they're horrifically expensive to replace.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True to all of the above, exotic cars tend to give exotic problems

But nothing drives/handles quite like them at the price range and they are an absolute head turner wherever you go. I've had no issues in the years I've owned mine.. reliable engine with descent power and surprisingly great gas mileage.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, no I don't.

My wife has the family vehicle.
View Quote
My wife does too...loves her 4Runner. But the rear nearly unusable back seats leave room for stuff, and with the seats folded down I fit my pelican 1750 cans in there no problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ecoboost Mustang with performance package (black wheels, Brembo style brakes, GT suspension).

320hp rear wheel drive manual, the wife has one and it is very fun to drive.

One in my AO for $23k

https://www.wadeford.com/vehicle-details/2018-ford-mustang-ecoboost-smyrna-ga-id-22179088
View Quote
Quoted as I am seconding a ecoboost Stang.... feed that pony on corn (e85) switch out the pump and tune and you’re in for something good. Put in a cold air intake and you’re over 400 ponies wild.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#21]
dodge charger
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted as I am seconding a ecoboost Stang.... feed that pony on corn (e85) switch out the pump and tune and you’re in for something good. Put in a cold air intake and you’re over 400 ponies wild.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ecoboost Mustang with performance package (black wheels, Brembo style brakes, GT suspension).

320hp rear wheel drive manual, the wife has one and it is very fun to drive.

One in my AO for $23k

https://www.wadeford.com/vehicle-details/2018-ford-mustang-ecoboost-smyrna-ga-id-22179088
Do they still require catch cans for the blow by (to keep the intake valves reasonably clean)?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PplxyZAbDEY
Cheaper than most would think
Going to be a classic
I believe one of the last BMW's to not have electric steering
135 gets better gas mileage than NA 128
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 5:23:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Miata.net is recommending me a "NB" 99-05 since I prefer analog for the purpose of daily I will track some. Really surprised the 2017 model is 115lb lighter than the 05, newer vehicles tend to get heavier thanks to added tech and .gov B'S. The older ones have a higher redline too, though they make a few hp less and less torque. Probably the difference in compression, the old engine was 10:1, the newer 2017 is 13:1 which...i don't know how they get away with on 91octane, seems that's high even for 93octane.

The best part though is there are still some low mileage 04-05s on the market and well below my budget...so that leave lots of room for tires and upgrades once I start tracking the car though unlike the Talon, I'm going to be more careful not to make the daily ride quality harsh.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife does too...loves her 4Runner. But the rear nearly unusable back seats leave room for stuff, and with the seats folded down I fit my pelican 1750 cans in there no problem.
View Quote
Yep. I basically never use the rear seats on my FR-S, but there’s a ton of room for stuff with them folded flat.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top