Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/9/2020 11:10:03 AM EDT
I'm looking for a great gun friendly state to move too. Hopefully warm but I want about 80/100 acres and I'm tired of Midwest winters. Hit me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Best States for Gun Owners (2019)

Guns & Ammo's annual ranking of gun-friendly states. From worst (New York) to best (Arizona), here are the best states for gun owners in 2019.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
At this point, I don’t think any state is safe from the gun grabbers. AZ is probably your best bet at this point. Who knows how long it’ll be safe though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#3]
AZ is best, 6 years in a row.

There are dems trying to pass a red flag law, and our POS governor supports it.

But we have constitutional carry, and a democrat minority, and it will likely fail again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Arizona and Wyoming.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At this point, I don’t think any state is safe from the gun grabbers. AZ is probably your best bet at this point. Who knows how long it’ll be safe though.
View Quote
You betty be rich if you want 100 acres here, unless you want a place out in BFE with no trees and no water.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I was surprised TN doesn’t have constitutional carry yet.

Kentucky remains king, East of the Mississippi and our redneck reputation of being backwards hillbillies keeps the liberals out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I left Wisconsin. Ain't nothin to it but to do it.

ETA, if I left AZ I might consider Missouri, Arkansas, Utah, or Wyoming. Alaska is too dang cold.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Present situation aside, I've never understood why Virginia wasn't higher.

Nothing is illegal except the Stryker 12
Open carry
Carry in restaurants that serve alcohol is allowed
Excellent use of force laws
State preemption over localities
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#9]
GA is pretty fair.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Guns & Ammo's annual ranking of gun-friendly states. From worst (New York) to best (Arizona), here are the best states for gun owners in 2019.
View Quote
List is nonsense.

Think about it: the biggest threat to gun owners is city people. Time and again, we see gun owners steamrolled by urban politicians and their voters: Washington, Seattle. New York, NYC and suburbs. Colorado, Denver and the front range. And now, Virginia.

You want a state with NO large cities.

Arizona is not such a place: Phoenix,Tucson.
Idaho is increasingly not such a place: Boise.

Wyoming IS the place.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
List is nonsense.

Think about it: the biggest threat to gun owners is city people. Time and again, we see gun owners steamrolled by urban politicians and their voters: Washington, Seattle. New York, NYC and suburbs. Colorado, Denver and the front range. And now, Virginia.

Wyoming IS the place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

List is nonsense.

Wyoming IS the place.
A state with 540k is easy to manipulate. Be careful.

But I'd agree Wyoming is probably the best state out there for everything America right now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You betty be rich if you want 100 acres here, unless you want a place out in BFE with no trees and no water.
View Quote
You're not wrong about the trees. Still, 80 acres in N and NE Arizona high desert is pretty doable and the Coconino aquifer is one of the largest in the country so water can be done. You are looking at a $10-$15K well drilling expense, though.

In certain places 80 acres can probably be had for under $30K, but the land will really, really suck. There's some sand ranches around Witch Wells, AZ that are that cheap.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Wyoming
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll repeat the no big cities line, and add that you're best off with a southern state that leftists wouldn't be caught dead in. If I ever become a refugee from Oregon I'll be looking at Oklahoma as my new home.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Kansas will remain free.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
You also have to look at which states have the possibility to start passing laws.

5 years ago VA and FL were in the top ten.

AZ elects democrats.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a great gun friendly state to move too. Hopefully warm but I want about 80/100 acres and I'm tired of Midwest winters. Hit me.
View Quote
What state do you currently reside in?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#18]
You’re not a free state if you don’t have constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Az is great but bring your checkbook if you want that kind of acreage unless you want dead shit shrub dusty desert.

Best bet would be to buy a plot that butts up against national forest land.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In certain places 80 acres can probably be had for under $30K, but the land will really, really suck. There's some sand ranches around Witch Wells, AZ that are that cheap.
View Quote
Cold in the winter time, hot in the summer time, and windy all the time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
List is nonsense.

Wyoming IS the place.
View Quote
Nothing can be further from the truth when it comes to Boise having some sort of effect on Idaho’s gun laws. First off, the city itself doesn’t have any anti gun measures. Secondly, we have pre-emption. Let’s not forget who beat you guys to the punch when it comes to Constitutional carry.

Let’s not forget that it would make more sense for OP to come here because Wyoming isn’t under any kind of threat from incomers. Your state is actually losing population.

Besides why would OP(he stayed that he’s tired of Midwest winters no?) want to move to another cold as f*ck place that’s windy all the time to boot?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You also have to look at which states have the possibility to start passing laws.

AZ elects democrats.
View Quote
The Cali, NY, NJ, Illinois transplants elect Dims.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
WY
MT
UT?
ID?

On the east side -
TN
KY
WV?

GA is in danger
SC maybe? A LOT of blacks there who vote dem. Just saying .

I'm looking to leave VA over more than just guns but want to stay close to family.

My choices in order of preference -
TN
SC
KY
WV
NC (And I probably won't quit my job for NC, I'll just move there and drive and commute an hour or so)
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#24]
New Hampshire may not be #1, but it’s in the top 3 easily.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]
North Dakota
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
WY
MT
UT?
ID?

On the east side -
TN
KY
WV?

GA is in danger
SC maybe? A LOT of blacks there who vote dem. Just saying .

I'm looking to leave VA over more than just guns but want to stay close to family.

My choices in order of preference -
TN
SC
KY
WV
NC (And I probably won't quit my job for NC, I'll just move there and drive and commute an hour or so)
View Quote
In KY Cities can rape your income for another 2.5% on top of the states income tax. KY also has yearly personal property tax on cars.
Taxes are too damn high in KY.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Seems most forget Oklahoma, constitutional carry, no restrictions of what you can own, overall super gun friendly and conservative as a state.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#28]
anti-gun is an urban policy issue, so whichever state has the lowest ratio of urban:other is going to be the most free.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#29]
In before the blahblahblahwe'refull chuckleheads
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#30]
AK.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AZ elects democrats.
No I don't!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#32]
OP said he wanted warm, which rules out Wyoming and Idaho. Arizona is the best for gun ownership currently. Northern Arizona in the ponderosa pins forested areas are where I’d look. I wouldn’t expect to buy such large parcels of land unless you’re rich.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Florida
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
List is nonsense.

Wyoming IS the place.
View Quote
Except Wyoming is rapidly becoming a weekend place for rich urbanite transplants like yourself.  You don't need a city if you are owned by a city.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Although we do have midwestern winters, they usually aren't that bad, especially in the southern 1/3 of the state. Indiana has pretty good gun laws, I think the only thing we aren't allowed to own is explosive ordnance. We have a lifetime carry permit, with not much trouble to get it. In the southern 1/3, 100 acres would be fairly reasonable. I like it here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Oklahoma, north east part, but land is more expensive in green country
Missouri, anywhere along I-44
Texas, away from Houston or Austin
Arkansas is a best kept secret
Georgia was amazing especially around the Alabama boarder
Kansas close to the Missouri side
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Except Wyoming is rapidly becoming a weekend place for rich urbanite transplants like yourself.  You don't need a city if you are owned by a city.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No I don't!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AZ elects democrats.
No I don't!
Present company excluded, of course!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Not Texas. I'm told all the time here our gun laws are terrible.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haha, bullshit.

Also, we don’t speak spanish here...
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nothing can be further from the truth when it comes to Boise having some sort of effect on Idaho's gun laws. First off, the city itself doesn't have any anti gun measures. Secondly, we have pre-emption. Let's not forget who beat you guys to the punch when it comes to Constitutional carry.

Let's not forget that it would make more sense for OP to come here because Wyoming isn't under any kind of threat from incomers. Your state is actually losing population.

Besides why would OP(he stayed that he's tired of Midwest winters no?) want to move to another cold as f*ck place that's windy all the time to boot?
View Quote
Glad to hear that there is no present problem.
My discussions with friends in Idaho give me the impression that they are concerned about future growth in and around Boise, bringing in city folks from Washington and California. I shoot at a lot of competition venues in Idaho and I hear this a lot.
But, as you say, preemption is good when you have a solid Conservative Legislature. It works well here in Wyoming to keep the Commies in Teton and Albany Counties in check.

As for "Cold as Fuck": A man has to look deep inside himself and decide what he values more- freedom, or warm feet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
New Hampshire may not be #1, but it’s in the top 3 easily.
View Quote
God I miss NH

Only knock is loaded long guns in vehicles.....and the ever increasing pressure from the liberals moving north.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I know you said no Midwest states but ND and SD are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A state with 540k is easy to manipulate. Be careful.

But I'd agree Wyoming is probably the best state out there for everything America right now.
View Quote
Wyoming is best, but too bad it’s full
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Seems most forget Oklahoma, constitutional carry, no restrictions of what you can own, overall super gun friendly and conservative as a state.
View Quote
Yup. Pretty sure I had some Minnesota Democrat’s move in next door as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#46]
NY is pretty gun friendly. If you own a scary looking gun, you get housing and 3 hot meals per day all paid for by the state.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was surprised TN doesn't have constitutional carry yet.

Kentucky remains king, East of the Mississippi and our redneck reputation of being backwards hillbillies keeps the liberals out.
View Quote
$$ for the state + $$ for the "instructor" industry = Not Gonna Happen.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Mississippi, Arizona, and Oklahoma are probably the most gun friendly warm weather states. All have constitutional carry, stand your ground, are NFA friendly, etc.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Alaska - Arizona - Idaho - Wyoming
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
How on earth did California beat us here in New York? As bad as New York is, and it is bad, I shudder at the things Californians have to put up with.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top