User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Glock 44

Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big fan of my Kel-Tec CP33. Surprisingly accurate and decent trigger. Also, 33 rounds in the magazine is fun and it comes with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What's that handstop thing ahead of the trigger guard? 3D printed?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the 22/45 Lite. I have a Victory as well and it's good but there's an issue I've run into as a left handed person where my hand engages the safety inadvertently. I moved to a 22/45 because of that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Only gun I've ever seen kaboom was a buckmark
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Ruger 22/45 MKIII (not Lite). For me the pistol is fun for plinking, but it can also be used at longer ranges with reasonable accuracy. I like the weight of the bull barrel, and unlike many other semi-auto 22 pistols, the bolt is almost entirely contained by the receiver. This means I can rest it on a fence post and wrap my off-hand around the whole thing to stabilize it. I've shot critters at 50yds with this thing regularly. It's more like a little rifle.

Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's still the Buckmark.
View Quote
Can you get these factory threaded?  I've got one that I like, but not factory threaded.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Ruger 22/45 MKIII (not Lite). For me the pistol is fun for plinking, but it can also be used at longer ranges with reasonable accuracy. I like the weight of the bull barrel, and unlike many other semi-auto 22 pistols, the bolt is almost entirely contained by the receiver. This means I can rest it on a fence post and wrap my off-hand around the whole thing to stabilize it. I've shot critters at 50yds with this thing regularly. It's more like a little rifle.

https://i.ibb.co/ZcPJTQH/IMG-1447.jpg
View Quote
Where oh where did you buy that under barrel rail mount at?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where oh where did you buy that under barrel rail mount at?
View Quote
Eabco I think. Been a while.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I love mine.

Accurate, reliable, easy to clean as an AR,
I wish it was threaded but CT so I have non threaded.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The m&p is like $350 brand new and comes threaded. Why would you even look at anything else?
View Quote
I have a M&P Compact 22. Great little 22. plinker.

However I don't even shoot it much. Because the Ruger MKIV STAINLESS THREADED TARGET I have is so accurate and such a pleasure to shoot.

The M&P COMPACT 22 just isn't in the same league.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Mark 4 Lite is best for a suppressor. The Mark 4s are really great, right up there with the Mark 2s as Ruger's best. BuckMarks are good pistols also but heavy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not even close.  Buckmark is so superior to the Ruger, that's it's not even a contest to anyone who has owned both.
View Quote
I had a buckmark for 5 years.  I prefer my 22/45.  Honestly it's just a better design and Im not to retarded to think it's hard to put it together.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
S&W victory. Just make sure to change out the extractor.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
/thread

But if you want to be gangster....Beretta is releasing factory threaded 21a's in Q3 or Q4.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm looking at fixed-barreled stuff (Ruger MKII-III-IV, Buckmark, S&W Victory).

-Has to be threaded for a can.
-Prefer it be under $500.

I have decided not to go with anything that mimics a full-sized handgun unless I find a deal on a used M&P22 Compact. I have a Ruger MKII but I don't want to blow $150 on getting it threaded. I have considered buying one of those slip-on set-screw threaded adapters but I don't think I'll be happy with that in the long term.

I have read positive reviews on all the major options. I'd prefer to stick with Ruger but they sort of lost me with the MKIII and MKIV. If I buy one of those I have to keep magazines separate from my MKII mags. That annoys me. So finding an older, threaded MKII would be awesome.

The Ruger Charger is too heavy to be practical, IMO. But I'd be open to other suggestions.
View Quote
Tactical Solutions makes threaded uppers that go right on your MkII lower.

Yes, you still have to do a 4473, but
You get to keep everything else on the gun
It's cheaper
You can put the MkII back in original configuration
If you don't care about the original setup, you can sell the MkII upper to reduce you cost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Any one of the Ruger MK models.  I have a few, but I like my Ruger MK-III Hunter the best.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

However I don't even shoot it much. Because the Ruger MKIV STAINLESS THREADED TARGET I have is so accurate and such a pleasure to shoot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The m&p is like $350 brand new and comes threaded. Why would you even look at anything else?

You're right. The M&P actually looks nice while the Ruger looks like a pile of trash
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's still the Buckmark.
View Quote
the Cadillac of .22LR pistols
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#20]
After owning both the ruger 22/45 and a s&w I'd go s&w. Disassembly of the ruger is unnecessarily difficult. Ruger offers many aftermarket parts but the s&w is stupid simple to clean and if you shoot a bunch you'll appreciate that. The s&w seemed better without spending the extra money.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
After owning both the ruger 22/45 and a s&w I'd go s&w. Disassembly of the ruger is unnecessarily difficult. Ruger offers many aftermarket parts but the s&w is stupid simple to clean and if you shoot a bunch you'll appreciate that. The s&w seemed better without spending the extra money.
View Quote
The MkIV has been out for about four years now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I fent.

I didn't like the aluminum-shrouded Ruger MKIVs and didn't want to pay for a steel-barrel model. I may end up getting an adapter for my old MKII.

So I ordered a M&P22 Compact, threaded model. Store didn't have a threaded one in stock (I did handle the unthreaded model) so it'll be Thursday-ish before I get it.

I ordered a 1/2x28 adapter and some Winchester Max 42-grain hollowpoints (the old supersonic high-velocity ones, which will probably still be subsonic in a 3.6" barrel) and a cheap tac light so as to assess whether this might end up being used as a bedside gun.

$419 total for everything. Not a great price, but I couldn't find a used one locally and a new one at the big-box store would have been the same price.

eta: I went ahead and ordered the adapter for my old MKII, also.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a threaded victory and love it.
View Quote
Same here.  Been totally reliable and dead on accurate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, I fent.

I didn't like the aluminum-shrouded Ruger MKIVs and didn't want to pay for a steel-barrel model. I may end up getting an adapter for my old MKII.

So I ordered a M&P22 Compact, threaded model. Store didn't have a threaded one in stock (I did handle the unthreaded model) so it'll be Thursday-ish before I get it.

I ordered a 1/2x28 adapter and some Winchester Max 42-grain hollowpoints (the old supersonic high-velocity ones, which will probably still be subsonic in a 3.6" barrel) and a cheap tac light so as to assess whether this might end up being used as a bedside gun.

$419 total for everything. Not a great price, but I couldn't find a used one locally and a new one at the big-box store would have been the same price.

eta: I went ahead and ordered the adapter for my old MKII, also.
View Quote
The rimfire ignition method is not reliable enough for use as a self defense weapon for the most part...
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#25]
The victory is meh IMHO. Barrel can come loose. Factory mags were picky on ammo, would bind up on me. Its like a lego gun if youre into that.

Rugers are great but more involved to clean.

Buckmarks are easy to clean but........ cant think of anything negative in buckmarks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a threaded victory and love it.
Ditto. Great pistol. Previous Ruger MKII owner

Preferred the 22-A types for a while. Had a 4" and 5.5" Rail on 4" broke, returned to S&W for repair, they said sorry can't but would you like a NEW Victory as replacement, no charge

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Broke-the-rail-on-my-22A-sent-it-in-SandW-sent-me-a-new-VICTORY-Suppressor-ready-/50-189409/

Got a threaded one, dragged it through the Tandem Kross catalog, pure joy to shoot.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Ruger MkIV 22/45 is the answer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The rimfire ignition method is not reliable enough for use as a self defense weapon for the most part...
View Quote
I don’t disagree. Pretty much all of my cool toys get considered for bedside duty at least once. There’s still an AR in the headboard though. :)
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

IIRC, ADCO will move the front sight back and thread for $150ish, plus shipping.

My local gunsmith charges $150 to thread anything. Moving the sight would be extra.

At that point it's easier to just buy another pistol. My MKII was worn out when I bought it (not really, had a lot of finish missing, but shoots great) and if I spent $175 on it, it would still be a $250 pistol.
View Quote
Thread it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Do they have ones that don't look weird and quirky? No fancy cuts or colors, just a straighforward gun?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thread it!
View Quote
I ordered one of the slip-on adapters. I suspect that I'll try it and hate it. I just hate to spend the money to thread it. Last time I did so, I spent $150 to make a threaded barrel I could have bought off ebay for $100, and I spent $150 to turn my $250 bolt gun into a $200 bolt gun.

If I'd been smart I would have sold the bolt gun, bought a CZ 457, and grabbed a threaded used 10/22 barrel from ebay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes! This i have in green. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Buckmark gets my vote. I have Ruger Standard through Mk IVs too,just because,but prefer the Buckmark.
If you will consider used the SIG/Hammerli Trailside is fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Is there a functional difference between the MKIV with the steeper grip angle and the 22/45 with the 1911-ish grip angle? Other than the grip of course.

I like the way the standard MK series looks, with the old school Luger-look, and the all-metal weight sure feels better in the hand.

I want reliability, so I guess I'll pick whichever one is better there....thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is there a functional difference between the MKIV with the steeper grip angle and the 22/45 with the 1911-ish grip angle? Other than the grip of course.

I like the way the standard MK series looks, with the old school Luger-look, and the all-metal weight sure feels better in the hand.

I want reliability, so I guess I'll pick whichever one is better there....thoughts?
View Quote
If you want old school just get an original 1949-1981 Standard. They made a huge number of them and there’s pretty much no collector value so they’re cheap. I tracked down a 1956 one to match my Single Six;kind of dumb and pointless but that’s me ???????

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Can you get these factory threaded?  I've got one that I like, but not factory threaded.
View Quote
Buckmark has a model called the whisper that has the threaded barrel...hard to find but worth it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I either own, or have owned buckmarks and rugers. But the victory is what I keep putting the suppressor back on.  Had, just swapped the grips when I took this pic, hence the missing screw.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Update:

The enabler lady at the fun store called me today and told me to come get my toy.

No pictures yet - you've all seen an M&P22C before - but I removed the mag safety, polished the hammer engagement just for a moment, and ran a handful of ammo through it. Everything from CCI 'quiet' subsonic to remington subsonic, remington golden bullet, federal champion, federal automatch, and winchester '42 max'.

So it runs with light subs, it runs with the really hot '42 max' stuff, and it runs with everything in between, including the remington golden bullet garbage.
Obviously, with the can, it's not as quiet with regular ammo as, say, a rifle with subsonic stuff, but it's quiet enough. So far so good.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#40]
This is my next .22 pistol

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/30/patriot-ordnance-factory-announces-new-rebel-22lr-sub-gun-with-10-22-magazines/
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#41]
My 22 that gets the most trigger time out of anything is my s&w m&p 22 compact.

The kids and the wife like it even more than my ruger mk2.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top