[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
XTP
XTP
XTP
XTP

Bullets that don't expand penetrate approximately 32"

Bullets with impressive expansion have under-pentration is the 6-11" range.

The XTP expands slightly allowing it to have adequate penetration with some expansion.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bbl length and gel type greatly affects .380 CD test performance. In longer bbl's I would seriously consider carrying .380 CD (although that's the only CD caliber I'd ever consider carrying). In the micro-bbl .380's it underperforms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtPHYwcDts

Tomac
View Quote
Thanks, I see your point.  The Lucky Gunner tests were from a Glock 42, 3.25" barrel.  The Ruger LCPII has a 2.75" barrel.  Looks like that half inch will cost about 90 FPS with a 90gr FTX.  About a 10% velocity loss.  In the non-linear world to terminal ballistics, that could make a difference.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top