Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh no, you've opened up that whole free will can of worms.
View Quote
I'll just quote whoever it was who said even John Calvin wouldn't be a Calvinist.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This thread...wow.

First of all, there is a religion sub forum. Second, are people here actually speculating on this made up fairytale as if it actually occurred?

--SNIP--
View Quote
90% of the content posted in GD *could* fit in a sub-forum elsewhere on this board. I thought it was an interesting topic/ question so I posted it here.

The rest of your post - seems to have been already addressed so I'll pass on comment
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

90% of the content posted in GD *could* fit in a sub-forum elsewhere on this board. I thought it was an interesting topic/ question so I posted it here.

The rest of your post - seems to have been already addressed so I'll pass on comment
View Quote
With the obverse side of that same brush Atheists, Marxists, Secular Humanists, Deists insist that their beliefs are not faith but facts...based upon faith they have in those that
taught but cannot prove those facts going back to their prophets Huxley and Darwin...at least Jesus' miracles were witnessed by thousands of reliable witnesses...

If those of the Christian faith needs be relegated to "the religion forum" even after GD starts a religious history topic to comment on... then atheists should certainly have their own forum to park on
of course they'd soon be lonely and venture back to GD to make with more inane comments...imo

separate but equal
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
David was diminutive even by his family's standards...being the runt of the liter....Saul was considered to be well above average in height and a great warrior yet Goliath defeated every single one of
Saul's warriors who dared to go up against him...

Saul put his own armor on David who was swimming in both armor and helmet...sounds like he could barely lift Saul's sword...Instead he opted to his trusty sling with which he chases off many lions
and other predators defending his father's sheep...
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But that seems to be a dwindling trend.

http://adam4d.com/death-of-christianity/
View Quote
I honestly don't think so.

Evangelicals nominated Trump over Cruz during the nominations. Weekly-attenders and the SBC wanted Cruz. Trump is pretty much antithetical to Evangelicalism. It was the non-weekly attenders that went for Trump. The non-weekly attenders (whom identify as Evangelicals) beat the weekly-attenders.

It was only after he was nominated, that he threw meat (Supreme Court seat re: abortion, Pence) out for the weekly-attenders. Still, the actual Evangelicals (weekly-attenders) aren't the king-makers they once were.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#8]
"The champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name...David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone and struck the Philistine and killed him." 1 Samuel 17:23, 50

"And there was again war with the Philistines at Gob; and Elhanan the son of Joareoregim, the Bethlehemite, slew Goliath the Gittite." 2 Samuel 21:19
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

With the obverse side of that same brush Atheists, Marxists, Secular Humanists, Deists insist that their beliefs are not faith but facts...based upon faith they have in those that
taught but cannot prove those facts going back to their prophets Huxley and Darwin...at least Jesus' miracles were witnessed by thousands of reliable witnesses...

If those of the Christian faith needs be relegated to "the religion forum" even after GD starts a religious history topic to comment on... then atheists should certainly have their own forum to park on
of course they'd soon be lonely and venture back to GD to make with more inane comments...imo

separate but equal
View Quote
They have the same argumental chromosome as liberals .. it's no wonder they are usually one-in the same. They just can't stand for you to be confident in your beliefs and leave you alone in your peace. That hole that can't be filled? , feels more full when they are making fun of you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They have the same argumental chromosome as liberals .. it's no wonder they are usually one-in the same. They just can't stand for you to be confident in your beliefs and leave you alone in your peace. That hole that can't be filled? , feels more full when they are making fun of you.
View Quote
Quite the contrary, most of the time it's the Christians are insecure about their faith, need someone to agree with them by telling me I need Jesus.

Just show me your Jesus,  we shall praise the Lord, LOL.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quite the contrary, most of the time it's the Christians are insecure about their faith, need someone to agree with them by telling me I need Jesus.

Just show me your Jesus,  we shall praise the Lord, LOL.
View Quote
Trying to keep someone you love out of hell isn't exactly based on insecurity. I don't even know you but If I saw you about to step out in front of a train - I'd snatch you back to safety.. That's not based on insecurity, it's love for another human being with a soul.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Trying to keep someone you love out of hell isn't exactly based on insecurity. I don't even know you but If I saw you about to step out in front of a train - I'd snatch you back to safety.. That's not based on insecurity, it's love for another human being with a soul.
View Quote
If you are about to step in front of an actual train, I would try to pull you back regardless your beliefs.  I would say you'd do the same thing to me.

But where this imaginary hell and train were you talking about.

The difference between I and fellow Christians is I agree Jesus is your lord and savior, but majority of the Christians don't agree I don't have or need or care about one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

separate but equal
"cannot prove those facts"

You cannot prove anything in science. It's not how it works (we don't KNOW absolutely that smoking causes cancer, germs cause disease or that the Earth is round-ish). You can have good objective evidence though (which there is for evolution by natural selection, etc.).

"at least Jesus' miracles were witnessed by thousands of reliable witnesses..."

There were many "miracles" witnessed by many people. Whole crowds/cities saw the sun moving around erratically in the sky, etc.

You can get David Blaine to do some magic tricks today and people will literally believe he's in contact with actual spirits, it's actual magic, etc.

One has to apply critical thinking (not believing until there's good objective evidence, not saying "I don't know, so therefor it's X", etc.)
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
David was diminutive even by his family's standards...being the runt of the liter....Saul was considered to be well above average in height and a great warrior yet Goliath defeated every single one of Saul's warriors who dared to go up against him...

Saul put his own armor on David who was swimming in both armor and helmet...sounds like he could barely lift Saul's sword...
View Quote
We are not really told much about the size of David, but there are clues. I highly doubt David "could barely lift Saul's sword" given that he apparently had no trouble using Goliath's sword to cut his head off. If Goliath's armor and weapons are as big and heavy as described in the bible, it is quite likely that David wasn't a runt like pop culture suggests.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We are not really told much about the size of David, but there are clues. I highly doubt David "could barely lift Saul's sword" given that he apparently had no trouble using Goliath's sword to cut his head off. If Goliath's armor and weapons are as big and heavy as described in the bible, it is quite likely that David wasn't a runt like pop culture suggests.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
David was diminutive even by his family's standards...being the runt of the liter....Saul was considered to be well above average in height and a great warrior yet Goliath defeated every single one of Saul's warriors who dared to go up against him...

Saul put his own armor on David who was swimming in both armor and helmet...sounds like he could barely lift Saul's sword...
Not really.  Being able to hoist a sword up and swing it down does not equate to being agile and wielding it against a skilled opponent.  Think about that for a second.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top