BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not as effective as prohibition.
Whether or not you agree with the validity of the NIAAA, and I honestly don't care about it. Objectively, all he said was that they might change the federal recommendations. That's it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for all the millions of taxpayer dollars spent, how effective has the NIAAA been?

Whether or not you agree with the validity of the NIAAA, and I honestly don't care about it. Objectively, all he said was that they might change the federal recommendations. That's it.

I meant how effective has the NIAAA been at preventing alcoholism. Not at all as far as I can tell.
I'm not an alcoholic, but I had never heard of them before today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) was created under Nixon's administration. You guys are falling for outrage bait. The man's job is literally to tell people not to be alcoholics.
View Quote

Irrelevant to my point.

This administration has started a fucking "war on everything". I think it's mostly to demoralize people and get them used to unreasonable restrictions so that when the real bullshit starts we're more conditioned to it. See the fucking covid farce as a prefect example.

This is just the latest. Maybe the NIAAA was started then, but guess what? This is the first I've ever heard of it. Is this a coincidence considering all the other bullshit these assholes are pulling? I think not.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I meant how effective has the NIAAA been at preventing alcoholism. I'd say none at all. A complete waste, just like  most other .gov entities for the last 150 years or so.
View Quote
I don't know if I'd say none at all. Average consumption has gone down since 1970. I don't know if there's correlation though, however, I don't care about the NIAAA, like I said. I'm not going to sit here and argue in favor of them as an entity, because I wouldn't care if they were abolished. That doesn't make him wrong though. Drinking everyday is not a healthy life choice. This is one of the few times the government is actually giving good advice, and I think people are hating on it just to spite them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you want to be healthy, it is. Daily boozing isn't healthy, and many people that have "a couple" a day find a way to cheat the definition of a couple. I know I sure did when I was boozing every day.
View Quote

I don't give a shit if you cheated when counting drinks, that's not a valid reason to attribute the same lack of self control to the rest of us.

And yes, I've had more than two beers tonight. But I've also had less than 24 YTD, so...
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The last thing this admin needs is people sobering up.

That would be bad for them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't surprise me.

A Benjamin Franklin once said, beer is a sign from God, that he wants mankind to be happy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I’m starting to think they are just throwing shit to see what sticks.......
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't give a shit if you cheated when counting drinks, that's not a valid reason to attribute the same lack of self control to the rest of us.

And yes, I've had more than two beers tonight. But I've also had less than 24 YTD, so...
View Quote
Yeah, but it's not healthy. That's a statement of fact. You can drink yourself into a coma if you want, but he's not going to endorse that lifestyle. He's actually doing his job correctly as a civil servant.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, but it's not healthy. That's a statement of fact. You can drink yourself into a coma if you want, but he's not going to endorse that lifestyle. He's actually doing his job correctly as a civil servant.
View Quote

Two a week is crazy though, 7-10 seems perfectly reasonable for a healthy adult male.  If having a few drinks on Friday night after a week of bs is wrong, I don't want to be right
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whether or not you agree with the validity of the NIAAA, and I honestly don't care about it, objectively, all he said was that they might change the federal recommendations. That's it.
View Quote

And how many times has this administration's "recommendations" turned into coercion and then bans or mandates?

We're fucking sick of it. This may be well intentioned and even sound advice. I DON'T FUCKING CARE. I don't care what this corrupt government has to say about ANYTHING. I don't trust the people and I don't trust their motives. They can keep their noses out of my business and fuck directly off. I will keep my own counsel about how much I drink, how I defend myself, and what household fucking appliances I will use.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And how many times has this administration's "recommendations" turned into coercion and then bans or mandates?

We're fucking sick of it. This may be well intentioned and even sound advice. I DON'T FUCKING CARE. I don't care what this corrupt government has to say about ANYTHING. I don't trust the people and I don't trust their motives. They can keep their noses out mf my business and fuck directly off. I will keep my own counsel about how much I drink, how I defend myself, and what household fucking appliances I will use.
View Quote

Even the damn Russians and Chinese aren't trying to limit people to two drinks a week ??
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I make my own so they can suck it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
They can want it in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I shall rebel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I make my own so they can suck it.
View Quote

We could hang out.
I see your a Texican as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's nice, I want the Biden Administration to all fuck off and die.
View Quote

I don't care if they fuck off as long as they die....
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is the 20s again and history repeats itself. Prohibition is all the rage again it seems.
View Quote

That, unless I am wrong, was about people with morality trying to make a more moral people.  

This is about control.  Pure, flat out control.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Two a week is crazy though, 7-10 seems perfectly reasonable for a healthy adult male.  If having a few on Friday night after a week of bs is wrong, I don't want to be right
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Two a week is crazy though, 7-10 seems perfectly reasonable for a healthy adult male.  If having a few on Friday night after a week of bs is wrong, I don't want to be right
Well, if you strip back the spin, he didn't say definitively that the recommendation would be two a week. This is what he said:
"I mean, they're not going to go up, I'm pretty sure," Koob said of the ongoing reevaluation of federal alcohol guidelines, a process that likely won't be completed until 2025, according to the Daily Mail. "So, if [alcohol consumption guidelines] go in any direction, it would be toward Canada."
Meaning that IF, by the end of the reevaluation process, which won't even be completed until Biden is potentially out of office, they potentially may lower it from the current guidelines, which are ultimately just guidelines. Plenty of guys drink more than two a day now, and if it's lowered to two a week, plenty of guys will drink more than that. To be honest this shouldn't even be news, but it's easy click bait to rile people up for advertiser money.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck it man!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Another immensely popular government program…..
Fuel prices
Gas stoves
Ceiling fans
Beer Quota

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]

I love this place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Shit, I'm triple that already today. I'll try again tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Thread made it to page 2 without this?

Oh, and Biden can FOAD
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Biden, the scum that makes Obama look good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#27]
And probably Bud Light at that
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah. That prohibition really worked out well last time.

FJB should go read some real history books.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Their not getting my essence.
No.
They are not.

I shave my legs so fuck off Brandon!
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I literally drink 30x times that per week
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#32]
JFC! They really do want to control everything...don't they?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
what's next prohibition 2.0?
View Quote
Of Course.
The Democrats will make more money via the sale of illegal booze than they have via their COIVD and Ukraine skim and insider trading.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Good news!  The chocolate ration has been increased to 20 grams!
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I want Joe Biden to fuck off.....twice
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Your cars ...HVAC systems... ceiling fans...meat consumption ...beers....all a problem that need regulation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#37]
My weeks identify as 15 minutes,’so we’re good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I think I'm starting to see what they are doing
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#41]
The problem is that it is the Biden administration that makes me want to drink to drown it out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 2:29:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Scranton PA says go fuck yourself.

You're no son of ours.
View Quote

The Biden expressway says different
(Good thing I didn't have to take it. I would have taken a different route)
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 2:34:07 AM EDT
[#43]
As long as he frames it in a 'oh no Russia/China!' context, plenty of stupid bastards will put down their Bud Lights. That's the world we live in, sadly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Congress should be the guinea pig for a year before implementing it widespread.

Unjust laws shouldn't be followed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Unofficially, they want society full of stupid drunks who can't make good decisions, they're easier to control.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So, what, are they going to issue beer ration cards?
View Quote

Anyone interested to buy mine then?

Fpedojoe and his handler obunghole
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:03:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Drug and alcohol test should be required for politicians.
Term limits and harsh insider trading punishments are also needed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:05:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Drug and alcohol test should be required for politicians.
Term limits and harsh insider trading punishments are also needed.
View Quote

You're on to something there, my friend.  Hope you don't die in a tragic plane crash or some shit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#49]
How are ugly and fat chick's supposed to get shagged and preggo when all guys are supposed to only have a couple beers a week?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top