Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how much the kick-back to Hunter was.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Alexander the Great built a land bridge to a sieged Tyre in 6 months with nothing but stone and wood in 300 something bc. They did it in the same sea, roughly the same area, and under attack by the defenders. Shit is still there today.

We have a sunken pier.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The seas are already beyond the design parameters of the pier. I would be very surprised if the the military didn't foresee and raise this possibility yet was forced by the White House to go along with the construction anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im all for bashing Biden but damn...its not like he designed the damned thing. Thats your military spending money on shit that doesn't work as intended.

The seas are already beyond the design parameters of the pier. I would be very surprised if the the military didn't foresee and raise this possibility yet was forced by the White House to go along with the construction anyway.

They probably did the pier, was not designed for an unprotected harbor. The engineers already knew that.. but when this admin appoints trannies to important jobs ... you get what you deserve.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im all for bashing Biden but damn...its not like he designed the damned thing. Thats your military spending money on shit that doesn't work as intended.
View Quote

Who's Idea was it to aid terrorists?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Now try and do it on Taiwan under Chinese fire.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Like I said in the other thread.

It is GOD's way of saying, leave my Israeli people alone and stay the fuck out of Gaza or I'll destroy all your shit
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Fucking clown show
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with the posters bashing the admin, but I'm sure the general officers weren't saying no. The pier wasnt designed for anything over very light seas and wind. The generals and admirals I'm sure wanted to keep their jobs and just went along for the ride. The actual folks doing the work and their immediate officers in charge must have been saying this was a disaster waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#9]
The issue isn't getting the supplies to Israel or Egypt; there are multiple ports in both countries that are very close to Gaza, and Israel agreed to let aid ships dock at the port of Ashdod.  The issue is distributing the aid once it makes it to Gaza, something that was very apparent when the aid they unloaded last week was "intercepted by some people" in the words of Gen Ryder.

If Biden really has  $320 million of our taxes burning a hole in his pocket, he should spend that money fixing the distribution problem.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#10]
This is just a practice for when we have to go into Tawain
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I have to wonder if it was really high seas that damaged it or the mortar fire we were hearing about not too long ago.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#13]
This is taking the country further into debt and still not helping Hamas as much as the Democrats want. It's just $320 million, but as long as supplies are not moving in to fund the terrorists, the financial bleeding is slowed by an act of God.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#14]
LCACs and containers would have had it moved on to the beach quicker than assembling that pier
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
So did Hamas sabotage it or was it the engineers who were ordered to put it there?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Why can’t the rich Arab countries provide supplies to Gaza?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Another Biden success story.
View Quote

Pretty much a great analogy for Joe Didley's so called presidency
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Army doing Navy things?

DEI in action?

Gods will trumps all?
View Quote

Notice they didn't call it Diversity Inclusion Equity...D I E when that's exactly what it's doing to our country?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Almost like the US was rebuked by the Big Man himself.
View Quote

Act of God
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
So is Obiden!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So did Hamas sabotage it or was it the engineers who were ordered to put it there?
View Quote

Rumor has it they've been shooting at the damn thing with mortars:
https://maritime-executive.com/article/report-gaza-aid-pier-project-comes-under-mortar-fire
Probably just a coincidence.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I did exactly what it was supposed to do.

And it had nothing to do with providing a pier to gaza.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have to wonder if it was really high seas that damaged it or the mortar fire we were hearing about not too long ago.
View Quote

The parts that washed up on the Israeli beach didn't look like they had battle damage.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I did exactly what it was supposed to do.

And it had nothing to do with providing a pier to gaza.
View Quote

Well if you are following along, it's made Biden look even more like an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#25]
America wasn't always the way it is now;

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess the good news is that Palestinian civilians aren’t being evacuated to the U.S. from there and Hamas isn’t getting supplies from there either.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#27]
China laughing at the thought of Pacific war with the US involving securing islands.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm not sure what the problem is. That pier contained components that were made in the USA. Sinking $320 million into the Mediterranean is good because hard working and well connected contractors got paid, which is good for the economy. That money will help trickle down to create more jobs for pool boys and luxury car dealerships in Northern Virginia
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Am I an asshole because I was hoping Hamas would blow it up?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Can't wait for The View From Biden's Taint to explain how this was caused by sea level rise caused by climate change.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I guess the good news is that Palestinian civilians aren’t being evacuated to the U.S. from there and Hamas isn’t getting supplies from there either.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Pure win in my book.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agree, the entire premise was an embarrassment the swamping was just the fecal icing on the shit cake.
View Quote

I guarantee there was a O-4 or below who actually build these things who said there’s no way this will hold together. I’m sure he was disregarded at best and shipped off to build shit in Kwajalein or somewhere at worst.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What I wanna know is, who did the assessment
For the Egyptian striped  mud snail, the middle eastern sand turtle, creased tally whacker snake , albino kiwi snipe,  black spotted red striped sea cucumber, and spotted owl in the time since October to allow this pier to  be built in this time frame. I want the full bidding and contracting approval timeline posted publicly because there is a chance that a minority business was not allowed to bid on the work resulting in “old white men” being paid to do it. Additionally is the hastily constructed pier fully ADA compliant? Do the drive up ATM posts have brail letters for blind drivers? Are the stop lights color blind compliant with beeping crossing indicators noting what intersection people are ar , as well as special bumps to aid the blind pier visitors. Furthermore I’d like a full environmental impact study to be conducted to document and explore the impact of this pier on the mating grounds of the eastern Mediterranean grouper fish.

Im asking for this because I care about the earth and want to make it a better place.
View Quote

I guarantee none of that shit was considered. When the Left wants to do something, all environmental and DEI shit goes by the wayside. That stuff only matters when they’re working on destroying the country.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes, this makes Biden look bad.  It does, however, cast a dark shadow on our military's effectiveness.

FFS, it's a floating dock.
View Quote

I havent ruled out some good solider Svejk being on the scene.

That cant be something US troops really want to do after twenty years of their friends getting blown up by their cousins.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I was hoping it was so full of hamass demons that it sank into the sea and drowned thousands.
Biden should not be giving any military advice.  His dad should have pulled out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I havent ruled out some good solider Svejk being on the scene.

That cant be something US troops really want to do after twenty years of their friends getting blown up by their cousins them.
View Quote

FIFY

We weren't the only ones with a coalition. The Muslim world and our economic enemies were participating against us in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our unit encountered European, Iranian, Syrian, Palestinian, Egyptian and Chechnyan Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wait a second, if Israel is committing genocide, why are they allowing for the repair of the pier using their facilities?
View Quote

IMO the dock was for show only to placate the Muslim voters in the states.

No actual supplies are supposed to get there because of events beyond Bidens control.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why can’t the rich Arab countries provide supplies to Gaza?
View Quote

They hate Gazans too.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top