BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So everybody had 3 years to pay off the $10k.  That's $280/month.  
What's a typical interest rate on student loans?  How much did they save with 3 years of zero interest on that $10k?

ZFG about the irresponsible shitheads crying about not getting another handout.  I hope they learn a lesson, but I know better than to count on that.  So I just hope it hurts as that will satisfy my schadenfreude.

View Quote

Come on man!  Ain't gonna happen.  Within the next few years we will see a full scale push to nationalize the higher miseducation system to prevent this sort of "abuse".
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They will blame Republicans rather then the Democrats who made them bullshit promises of free money.
View Quote

The same republicans who rubber stamped PPP loans and ERC credits, and stimulus checks, and cash for Ukraine? Come on man, if your going to call bullshit in something at least admit that the uniparty serves their masters first and the people last.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What a bunch of fucking idiots.  Our economy is going to take a big hit, and millions of responsible people are going to get seriously financially fucked over by their own government, based on the actions of a group of snot nosed kids who were never taught adulting 101 shit like "never count your chickens before they've hatched" and "don't spend money you don't have".
View Quote

They are not going to pay it back anyway….
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dropped out of college after the first year.
Too expensive and didn't see where the education was going to put me in a job.
Worked a few years and saved money.
Found an relatively inexpensive medical training school for x-ray technology.
Required to be at the hospital 40 hours a week.
Got a job in another hospital working 32-40 hours a week.
I essentially had no life for two years.
School, study and working left me little time for anything else and barely time to sleep.
Never had to take a loan.
Graduated, passed boards and had a great career in radiology.

So I decided to choose a lessor cost education and also worked
my a$$ off while doing it so why do I have to pay for people that chose poorly and took out loans
for questionable degrees that probably didn't work while going to school?

We should not be responsible to bail out people that make poor decisions.

Life is hard.
Being stupid makes life even harder.
View Quote

Definition of white supremacy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Students already got a huge reprieve at taxpayer expense.  Delaying the average loan ($35,210) for 36 months at an average of 5% per year, and an average of 4% inflation, saved the average student an average of $5,704 in accrued interest and appreciation.

In the meantime, the average student simply spent that money on literal toys.  Sometimes life gives you a better education than colleges do.  Hopefully some will learn this lesson and not make the same mistakes when they borrow more money that won't be forgiven.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Theorycels/ideologycels/dogmacels missing the mark, missing the forest for the trees, as usual.

This is an opportunity to strike a blow against usury - "no we must conserve the usurers and the usury machine which enslaves us".

Crabs in a bucket.

@narphenal @Mah_Lee @brasscrossedrifles
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All those things affect those that don’t have loans and still have to pay them every month.  No free pass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or lost their job, got divorced, spouse died, didn’t get a raise and 36m of Biden inflation ate up the $450/m they were spending on their loan

All those things affect those that don’t have loans and still have to pay them every month.  No free pass.

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Imagine having to "scramble" because your income couldn't support paying down a $10,000 student loan. Guess that student loan was a great investment, wasnt it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#9]
They really couldn't foresee the unconstitutional vote grab, by the scum bag democrats, would fail to magically send a shit ton of money to everyone??  Lol. Retards. All of them

Universities should offer refunds as punishment for issuing fake degrees certifying people as educated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is subjective. These "kids" are really incapable of making long-term life decisions unless they had good parents or are just naturally intelligent enough to rationally make financial decisions. Most of these "kids" never managed money, few ever worked a job on a payroll, weren't required to pay any bills...and then you have banks "encouraged" by the .gov to hand out school loans like candy because they know the .gov will either bail them out or make a deal. Nobody gives a shit about the stupid college graduate with a useless social services degree who can't get a job other than waiting tables, living at home with mom and dad trying to live like a Hollywood young-adult sitcom while enslaved to debt. Hell, at least for the good-looking young women, there are sugar daddy dating sites and Olyfans

Add to the fact that these "kids" going right into college with no life/employment experience, they do no analysis on actual college degree success at getting a decent paying job in any sector let alone understanding the competitiveness of those sectors.

My son is learning the hard way as well. He did get an ROTC scholarship, but it was only three years, so he had to get a loan and HE mismanaged it. He also worked full time when in college, so it's not like he wasn't doing anything, but even that small loan is still kicking him in the nuts. Hindsight is a bitch, so stop your bitching and work harder dipshits...maybe by the time they're 40 they'll be in a position to start a 30-year career to retirement at 75-80.

Meanwhile, my wife will be working on her doctoral dissertation this fall and it will take two to three semesters. Two years into her doctorate and she's only had to pay about $5K. She's been working as a graduate research assistant which pays her tuition and pays her about $500 a month...works full time as an Assistant Principle. The best way to avoid debt is busting your ass, discipline, and a little cost-benefit analysis.

Sadly, FJB and his administration used this college-debt relief to dupe the ignorant young peeps, and now they'll get their votes blaming their failure on evil republicans who hate college kids. Great strategy for the ignorant...

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This part is WIDELY subjective....   I would say everything from young kid not understanding what they got into, to the world/life/job/situation changing.

It is subjective. These "kids" are really incapable of making long-term life decisions unless they had good parents or are just naturally intelligent enough to rationally make financial decisions. Most of these "kids" never managed money, few ever worked a job on a payroll, weren't required to pay any bills...and then you have banks "encouraged" by the .gov to hand out school loans like candy because they know the .gov will either bail them out or make a deal. Nobody gives a shit about the stupid college graduate with a useless social services degree who can't get a job other than waiting tables, living at home with mom and dad trying to live like a Hollywood young-adult sitcom while enslaved to debt. Hell, at least for the good-looking young women, there are sugar daddy dating sites and Olyfans

Add to the fact that these "kids" going right into college with no life/employment experience, they do no analysis on actual college degree success at getting a decent paying job in any sector let alone understanding the competitiveness of those sectors.

My son is learning the hard way as well. He did get an ROTC scholarship, but it was only three years, so he had to get a loan and HE mismanaged it. He also worked full time when in college, so it's not like he wasn't doing anything, but even that small loan is still kicking him in the nuts. Hindsight is a bitch, so stop your bitching and work harder dipshits...maybe by the time they're 40 they'll be in a position to start a 30-year career to retirement at 75-80.

Meanwhile, my wife will be working on her doctoral dissertation this fall and it will take two to three semesters. Two years into her doctorate and she's only had to pay about $5K. She's been working as a graduate research assistant which pays her tuition and pays her about $500 a month...works full time as an Assistant Principle. The best way to avoid debt is busting your ass, discipline, and a little cost-benefit analysis.

Sadly, FJB and his administration used this college-debt relief to dupe the ignorant young peeps, and now they'll get their votes blaming their failure on evil republicans who hate college kids. Great strategy for the ignorant...

ROCK6

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is the core problem.  Biden and the Democrats are creating a distraction.  Make student loan debt dischargeable in bankruptcy and you will destroy the liberal indoctrination camps.  That would be a win/win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The biggest disservice schools and parents made are telling their kids to go to college and creating an incentive for .gov to subsidize it.

Debt slavery and leftist indoctrination all rolled into one outstanding mess.

This is the core problem.  Biden and the Democrats are creating a distraction.  Make student loan debt dischargeable in bankruptcy and you will destroy the liberal indoctrination camps.  That would be a win/win.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've posted this before, but....

Sallie Mae should be shut down.  Imagine if a private bank chased teenagers and offered them tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, now, on the premise that they pay it back 'when you're making a lot of money'.  It would be called what it is, predatory.

Student loans are exempt from bankruptcy.  Many loans were transferred to Navient, a private company, and those are also exempt from bankruptcy.  Unless you are the child of a member of Congress.
Who did all this?  Joe Biden.
Tuition levels have increased at 500% of the inflation rate, because of all the money being shoveled out.  Shut off the money, and watch prices drop.

1) Forgive all student loans, maybe up to a certain income level.
2) Close Sallie Mae, and Navient.
3) Watch tuition price levels plummet.
4) Major boost to the economy, as the hundreds of dollars a month are spent on other goods and services.

Yes, I'm aware the .fed would 'lose' the student loan money.  They piss away more than that every month.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I have no pity for these people.  If you do not want to have debt that you do not want to pay back its very simple, do not take out the loan.

For those going "oh but what about if their circumstances changed since then"....and?  Any time you enter into a new loan you should be asking yourself, could I still pay this if I lost my job, what if my wife lost hers and we didn't have that income...what would happen and could I change other things to still pay?  If the answer is no I would be screwed, then you should not take the loan. Those should be questions you ask yourself before you take out any loan or new debt.

It does not suddenly become the rest of our burden to pay for your shit life decisions.  Sorry.  I work for me and my family.  Not for your bad choices in taking a college loan out that you later want to free load and not pay back.  Id bet 90% of these dead beats used that money to live it up and buy toys and other crap the last few years rather than doubling down while they could gain ground on it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've posted this before, but....

Sallie Mae should be shut down.  Imagine if a private bank chased teenagers and offered them tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, now, on the premise that they pay it back 'when you're making a lot of money'.  It would be called what it is, predatory.

Student loans are exempt from bankruptcy.  Many loans were transferred to Navient, a private company, and those are also exempt from bankruptcy.  Unless you are the child of a member of Congress.
Who did all this?  Joe Biden.
Tuition levels have increased at 500% of the inflation rate, because of all the money being shoveled out.  Shut off the money, and watch prices drop.

1) Forgive all student loans, maybe up to a certain income level.
2) Close Sallie Mae, and Navient.
3) Watch tuition price levels plummet.
4) Major boost to the economy, as the hundreds of dollars a month are spent on other goods and services.

Yes, I'm aware the .fed would 'lose' the student loan money.  They piss away more than that every month.
View Quote

1. Should be close the loaners (gov't backed loaners) - before anything else

You left out the part about inflation or tax increases from the instant creation of fiat currency from that loan forgiveness.  That debt doesn't just disappear because the deadbeats are let off the hook.  If just forgiving loans was a "Major boost to the economy, as the hundreds of dollars a month are spent on other goods and services" why not forgive every loan in the country today?  That would be even betterer right?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Yep, wife and I paid hers off in 2014 after coming back from Afghanistan...we went out and celebrated stroking off that $42,000 check.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I owe 10 grand on my loan and have 10 grand in the bank for that I just have to submit the payment.  

What I don’t understand is why are these people who went to school not benefiting from their degree?  I have a business admin degree and it has worked great for me so far.  I also understand that it is possibly not the most useful degree but it has worked and got me into the door.

I don’t think that schools or loans are the problem. I think work ethic is the component holding most back.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Theorycels/ideologycels/dogmacels missing the mark, missing the forest for the trees, as usual.

This is an opportunity to strike a blow against usury - "no we must conserve the usurers and the usury machine which enslaves us".

Crabs in a bucket.

@narphenal @Mah_Lee @brasscrossedrifles
View Quote

In

Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top