BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Watch the analysis of the video.  He catches all 4 in the treeline, stalking from downwind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRurxAtiLkM

View Quote

That is some excellent analysis, believe it or not.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Okay, so you're telling me that an object that is farther away appears larger than objects that are closer? It's been awhile since I had Photography in high school (okay a really long time ago) but that doesn't make sense. The Buffalo should appear tiny then correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dude reviewing the video has a good point; they do seem rather large considering how far away they are during the clip and also compared to the buffalo.

Words and concepts I don't understand.

Okay, so you're telling me that an object that is farther away appears larger than objects that are closer? It's been awhile since I had Photography in high school (okay a really long time ago) but that doesn't make sense. The Buffalo should appear tiny then correct?

Yes, smaller than "normal".

Perspective Compression / Distortion

"Compression, long-lens, or telephoto distortion can be seen in images shot from a distant using a long focus lens or the more common telephoto sub-type (with an angle of view narrower than a normal lens). Distant objects look approximately the same size – closer objects are abnormally small, and more distant objects are abnormally large, and hence the viewer cannot discern relative distances between distant objects – distances are compressed."

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"Compression, long-lens, or telephoto distortion can be seen in images shot from a distant using a long focus lens or the more common telephoto sub-type (with an angle of view narrower than a normal lens). Distant objects look approximately the same size – closer objects are abnormally small, and more distant objects are abnormally large, and hence the viewer cannot discern relative distances between distant objects – distances are compressed."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dude reviewing the video has a good point; they do seem rather large considering how far away they are during the clip and also compared to the buffalo.

Words and concepts I don't understand.

Learned something new, thanks!

Is this the type of lens employed on the park's camera?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Cross country skiers coming up the trail behind the buffalo.  They ski down the path and turn to the left coming across from the right in the camera view.  The "gait" is very cross country like.  Three stop behind the tree either because they saw the buffalo, one asked a question or one took a tumble that held up the others. Peewee out in front is hearing impaired due to facing away from group and continues alone.  

That's my theory.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Cross country skiers coming up the trail behind the buffalo.  They ski down the path and turn to the left coming across from the right in the camera view.  The "gait" is very cross country like.  Three stop behind the tree either because they saw the buffalo, one asked a question or one took a tumble that held up the others. Peewee out in front is hearing impaired due to facing away from group and continues alone.  

That's my theory.
View Quote

Sound theory to explain their gait and speed. But how do you explain their size and proportions?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That's clearly 4 additional buffalo running upright on their hind legs trying to catch the rest of the heard.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone who thinks Bigfoot is real is a USDA Grade A 100% dumbass.

All large mammals that inhabit this continent were discovered hundreds, if not thousands of years ago. Do people really believe Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Skunk Apes have lived here all this time and not one has ever been shot by a hunter, died of natural causes leaving a carcass or skeleton to be found, hit by a car, the list goes on and on? No chance. And furthermore they would have to be extremely rare to go undetected, so rare in fact that they would have died out long ago from not having enough of a breeding population to sustain themselves. It's ridiculous that people try to foster the idea they could exist.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's my theory.
View Quote

no way, recreational humans not bigfoot, 100 yards from parking lot at one of the most visited spots in Yellowstone?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably cross country skiers, but thinkerthunker's analysis shows it isn't some 'cgi' edit.

The lettuce lake video posted last page (which looked really interesting initially) has been confirmed as a hoax, unfortunately.

http://cryptosightings.com/bigfoot-sightings-2015-lettuce-lake-park-skunkape-video-debunked
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone who thinks Bigfoot is real is a USDA Grade A 100% dumbass.
All large mammals that inhabit this continent were discovered hundreds, if not thousands of years ago. Do people really believe Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Skunk Apes have lived here all this time and not one has ever been shot by a hunter, died of natural causes leaving a carcass or skeleton to be found, hit by a car, the list goes on and on? No chance. And furthermore they would have to be extremely rare to go undetected, so rare in fact that they would have died out long ago from not having enough of a breeding population to sustain themselves. It's ridiculous that people try to foster the idea they could exist.

View Quote

True.  And if they did exist, they would have to exhibit some kind of spectacular, almost supernatural stealthiness.

Is the behavior of the "animals" in the video consistent with that?  Strolling around in broad daylight, with little or no efforts to use cover, in deep snow (leaving tracks) near a well traveled, much watched area.  Animals that dumb would be shot by rednecks everytime they strayed out of the National Park.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Nobody else is saying that these fucking things are drawn? That they don't exhibit any of the pixeling that everything else in the video does? That the solo guy at the end is CLEARLY a bad animation AND had absolutely no effort in to making his coloring and pixeling even remotely close to how it was not even 4 seconds before?

REALLY?

PIXELS?

HELLO?

TEAM?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nobody else is saying that these fucking things are drawn? That they don't exhibit any of the pixeling that everything else in the video does? That the solo guy at the end is CLEARLY a bad animation AND had absolutely no effort in to making his coloring and pixeling even remotely close to how it was not even 4 seconds before?

REALLY?

PIXELS?

HELLO?

TEAM?
View Quote

lol, that would put them in the realm of CGI, which they clearly are not.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRurxAtiLkM
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sound theory to explain their gait and speed. But how do you explain their size and proportions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my theory.

I would say its an optical from all the steam between the camera and the skiers.  

Maybe we are looking at it wrong.

Maybe the buffalo are the ones that were added to the video?   They seem kinda small that close in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Ermagerd

the derp it hurts

the webcam at yellowstone is static until someone at the lodge
decides to target an interesting animal or whatever

the speed that it moves shows that they have a few targeted areas
that they can preset number click to obtain

many of these cameras have a limited zoom and then go to a digital zoom

taking any digital image and zooming up the data,
uses software interpolation to create pixels from the imager data

the zoomed in mystery critters show about 3 pixels for and arm
and they have geyser steam wafting infront of them

i could build this "complex" "CGI" IN ABOUT AN HOUR in photoshop
maybe 22 minutes if i was prepped.

I have not bothered to do a provenance check on the original upload,
but its prolly up on some home users cam archive
then posted to youtube on the yellowstone geyser buffalo watching forum.

Once again, teh location is 100 yards from a major tourist parkinglot
in a place that has guided winter ski tours and snowshoe treks.

What could that be behind the fog, back in the trees, moving like an oblivious, non hunting human?

Could it be Sam Quatch?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Whenever I see these long distance bigfoot sightings, I keep thinking Why doesn't anyone ever have a 50Cal or 338 handy.  Then we could settle these sightings!

There was one where someone or something was rapidly climbing a mountain side in British Columbia - If someone sniped it, We could either prove or disprove it was a bigfoot.  Since it was out in the middle of nowhere, one could just have left the body of the human if it was a person.  Its OK to kill, its All in the name of science.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
1. Randomly catch a mythical creature on camera
2. Immediately stop filming when it comes into view.
3.  ???
4. Profit.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Snowmobilers following Bison off trails is not uncommon.

Having spent A LOT of time in wilderness snow areas it would be easy enough to find and track Bigfoot if they existed during the winter.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Love the timing of the zoom out.

Not to mention, what the hell kind of camera were they using at the geyser. 1200mm at 100mp?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top