Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 1/6/2018 2:46:24 AM EDT
I just watched it for the first time. I didn't really have any expectations as I'm not particularly a fan of Blade Runner. But damn, I liked it! I didn't think hollyweird made good movies anymore.
Lots of feels in that movie. The part where the evil bitch killed his girlfriend by stepping on the device was pretty sad though. Juts reminds me of my own loneliness for some reason. I liked the story and will probably watch it again. Nice set up for another one too.

Oh and Ana de Armas is a hottie.

Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
DVD comes out next week but I think Redbox already has it Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
She's got some really nice, ah, assets.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I liked it.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#5]
My incoming message tone:
Blade Runner 2049 Joi Notification Sound - Peter and the Wolf Opera 67 - Sergei Prokovief
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Blade Runner 2049 Baseline Test (Both Scenes)

Easier to notice the differences here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Fantastic film.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Great movie.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
People that don’t get it, never will.....those who do, classify it as a fucking opus, and does absolute justice to the prequel.  The soundtrack alone in Imax was an out of body experience.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#10]
That movie fucking sucked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Great movie! Just saw it last night.  It really threw me for a loop with that plot.  Not as cut and dry as one might think going in.  The atmosphere of the movie, tone, pacing, acting, CGI, action, all of it was great. It was a really worthy sequel to Blade Runner and honestly I think I liked it more.  That girl is gorgeous!! Yeah hated the scene in empty radioactive Las Vegas...gahh.  Not entirely surprising but still, definitely sad.  It's the most interesting and novel movie that I've seen in a while.  Of course as a sequel it was building on a foundation already laid but the way they did it was very unlike the average Hollywood flick.  I wished they'd have fleshed out the ending a little more.  It felt kind if abrupt.  They probably did that in purpose so we'd use our imaginations.  Or maybe it's that it was already 2 hrs & 44 minutes long and they didn't want it any longer.  Who knows.

It's very dank and dystopic visually, but the eye-candy of the ladies and the awesome city-scapes make for a really visually pleasing film.  It grips emotionally too.  Gets you really empathizing with the main character even though he is a machine.  The ethical dilemmas posed in the movie are thought-provoking and while I have no desire to see people falling in love with their toaster or Japanese sex-bot, it is interesting as pure science fiction the idea of artificial intelligence/humanoid-androids experiencing emotions and becoming on-par with human beings.  I hope man-kind isn't stupid & creepy enough to actually try this in the future though. Talk about playing God...

Anyway, it was a good film and I'm surprised it sorta flopped in theaters.  It will no doubt become a cult classic and make the money back as people discover how awesome it was.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:20:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrP-_T-h9YM
View Quote
I haven’t been able to pass a baseline test for over a decade
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:26:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw it in the theater. I went in looking forward to an action packed movie with a good story like the original Blade Runner. I came away very disappointed. It was slow developing and boring. The CGI was awesome but the acting sucked. Some of the fight scenes seemed to be added just to have a fight scene.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Interlinked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
People that don’t get it, never will.....those who do, classify it as a fucking opus, and does absolute justice to the prequel.  The soundtrack alone in Imax was an out of body experience.
View Quote
I agree.  Went in thinking is was going to be a cheap imitation of the first and a let down.  Was amazed at how good it was.  The only sequel I recall being as good or better than the original was Godfather 2.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I agree.  Went in thinking is was going to be a cheap imitation of the first and a let down.  Was amazed at how good it was.  The only sequel I recall being as good or better than the original was Godfather 2.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Saw it 2x @ $5 IMAX Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great movie! Just saw it last night.  It really threw me for a loop with that plot.  Not as cut and dry as one might think going in.  The atmosphere of the movie, tone, pacing, acting, CGI, action, all of it was great. It was a really worthy sequel to Blade Runner and honestly I think I liked it more.  That girl is gorgeous!! Yeah hated the scene in empty radioactive Las Vegas...gahh.  Not entirely surprising but still, definitely sad.  It's the most interesting and novel movie that I've seen in a while.  Of course as a sequel it was building on a foundation already laid but the way they did it was very unlike the average Hollywood flick.  I wished they'd have fleshed out the ending a little more.  It felt kind if abrupt.  They probably did that in purpose so we'd use our imaginations.  Or maybe it's that it was already 2 hrs & 44 minutes long and they didn't want it any longer.  Who knows.

It's very dank and dystopic visually, but the eye-candy of the ladies and the awesome city-scapes make for a really visually pleasing film.  It grips emotionally too.  Gets you really empathizing with the main character even though he is a machine.  
View Quote
Agreed here. Even if you don't end up liking the plot or themes, at the least the cinematography did a good job of adding to the tension. Very good film throughout.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I loved it. Saw it in the theatre twice.

CELLS
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:25:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:29:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Good movie, I struggled to finish Blade Runner a few times finally I made it through to the end so I could watch this, this is 10 times better than the first.

The first one is not good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Polarizing movie. It's like we've had a bunch of those this year. Dunkirk, Last Jedi, Blade Runner.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DVD comes out next week but I think Redbox already has it https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/8452EC1F-A5CC-45E7-93FC-73D639824138-412361.JPG
View Quote
Redbox Release Date: January 23, 2018
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Redbox Release Date: January 23, 2018
View Quote
I’ll get the DVD but for people who haven’t seen it, I guess a week longer wait to see it for $2 is a deal, although it’s online in HD already
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll be buying the 4k Blu-ray, even though I don't have a 4k player or TV... This and Dunkirk deserved to be watched in the biggest format available!
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:56:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Always been a fan of the first one and enjoyed this second one.

Oh and,

Deckard's Blaster
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Always been a fan of the first one and enjoyed this second one.

Oh and,

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4065/4664557122_5b82732843_b.jpg
Deckard's Blaster
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
What do you think of the 2049 blasters? I like Deckard’s over them but I saw a Officer K copy on Etsy that I might get for next Halloween. I think yours is the Japanese version that runs $1,200 right
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are correct sir.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Fantastic film.  Saw it in theater twice, haven’t done that in a looooooooooong time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Movie was a masterpiece. Saw it in IMAX three times, gets better with repeat viewings.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agreed here. Even if you don't end up liking the plot or themes, at the least the cinematography did a good job of adding to the tension. Very good film throughout.
View Quote
Cinematography and effects are probably the best of any movie I've seen. I'm an artist so cartoonish overdone CGI sticks out like a sore thumb to me..
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I really enjoyed it.  There was a Velveteen Rabbit sadness to the K character that I didn't expect at all.  Blade Runner 2049 is about the pursuit of Realness, both in the Joi character and the K character.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I loved it. They didnt Star Wars Prequels/The Hobbit the movie, thank God.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
People that don't get it, never will.....those who do, classify it as a fucking opus, and does absolute justice to the prequel.  The soundtrack alone in Imax was an out of body experience.
View Quote
Shit, the guys who did the famous Star Wars Prequel reviews by Plinkett. They said it's one of the best sequels they can imagine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What do you think of the 2049 blasters? I like Deckard's over them but I saw a Officer K copy on Etsy that I might get for next Halloween. I think yours is the Japanese version that runs $1,200 right
View Quote
Been trying to love the new ones, brother - the new ones from this last movie.
IF someone eventually made them very well, I'd be in for one.

I also went to Etsy just like you as of recent but couldn't bring myself to complete the purchase; still not up to the past (replica prop gun) in terms of quality.

In fact, what you are seeing in the picture above was far earlier than the Japanese version you mentioned; it's one of the first well made ones from well known (at the time) Rich Coyle.

I have also a few of the Tomenosuke ones, one pictured below.
These are of stunning quality and not exclusively display pieces; you can actually handle them not having them self destruct in your hands

Tomenosuke Blaster
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Fantastic film.

The original is the reason I do what I do.

I was apprehensive about the sequel, but it kicked ass.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#36]
It was a brilliant film.  The kind I didn’t think was made anymore.  The decency of good men in the face of certain defeat isn’t a theme our current culture could handle.  K wasn’t special, but his willingness to do the right thing (against the wishes of both the powers that be and the “resistance”, incidentally), made him great.  God damn, that scene on the steps in the snow hit me.  Beautifully done.  Also note Deckard’s willingness to live in isolation for the sake of his family.  The Last Jedi wanted you to believe that you weren’t special and didn’t need to be.  No Work.  No sacrifice.  2049 wanted to show you that you aren’t special and will have to be willing to give up everything for what some would call small causes.  That’s fucking dignity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Comes out on Blu-Ray on the 16th.  Preordered it.

I think it's a great movie with lots of subtleties and in-you-face that make for a good repeated watching movie.

The last movie I got on the Blu-Ray right away was The Road.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fantastic film.

The original is the reason I do what I do.

I was apprehensive about the sequel, but it kicked ass.
View Quote
Just realized what you do; more power to you on several levels; to have served and for what you do now.

I will tell you, if it wasn't clear already, that many a reason why I love guns is because they were in movies (grew up watching stuff, class '68 here)
It's 'muh hero guns' that I love oh so much.

Don't want to derail the course here, but movies + guns = winner for me.

Be well,
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#39]
My pick for best movie of 2017. Like many said, the sound and visuals are breathtaking. Great sequel to the original.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I saw it in the theater. I went in looking forward to an action packed movie with a good story like the original Blade Runner. I came away very disappointed. It was slow developing and boring. The CGI was awesome but the acting sucked. Some of the fight scenes seemed to be added just to have a fight scene.
View Quote
The original isn't "action packed" either, and slow to develop was one of the criticisms and reasons it didn't do so well at first.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I liked it ...didn't love it like the first one but I liked it...Followup movies never effect me the same way the first ones do.  I'll be getting it in Blu-Ray as soon as I can
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Polarizing movie. It's like we've had a bunch of those this year. Dunkirk, Last Jedi, Blade Runner.
View Quote
Dunkirk was exceptionally flawed, TLJ was girly Disney bullshit.

2049 BR is an art/action film fit for fans of gritty science fiction.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I watched it 3 times. I know it's good movie with themes I enjoy.

While many scenes were impactful and the movie overall did an excellent job, it just didn't do it for me. I'm not sure why, heck the last showing I saw was a Sunday morning one and I was the only person in the theater, just so I could talk out loud.

I don't know, maybe I was just burnt out from thinking about those particular topics.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was a brilliant film.  The kind I didn’t think was made anymore.  The decency of good men in the face of certain defeat isn’t a theme our current culture could handle.  K wasn’t special, but his willingness to do the right thing (against the wishes of both the powers that be and the “resistance”, incidentally), made him great.  God damn, that scene on the steps in the snow hit me.  Beautifully done.  Also note Deckard’s willingness to live in isolation for the sake of his family.  The Last Jedi wanted you to believe that you weren’t special and didn’t need to be.  No Work.  No sacrifice.  2049 wanted to show you that you aren’t special and will have to be willing to give up everything for what some would call small causes.  That’s fucking dignity.
View Quote
Very well stated. I was not a huge fanboi of the original, but this was awesome.

So when is the rest of Hollywood going to get the message that good writing, relate-able characters and thematic depth trumps a bunch of CGI non-sense and explosions???
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I loved it. Complaints about length are unfounded, if you ask me. The "downtime" between set pieces gives you lots of time to unpack what's just happened, and the pacing is very classic film-noire. Just because it's not shit-exploding-every-15-seconds doesn't mean it's "too slow".
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Loved 2049. Sad that others miss the point of the movie.

I hope that they could do, in my lifetime, a Part III as a PsyFi thriller where a) Agent K survives and b) Joi's memory is downloaded from a cloud storage and then implanted into Racheal mod replicant to explore the cross of AI vs human experience. Lots of angles available in this.

Would not waste time/money on 'resistance' movie which would be just a Matrix movie with a BladeRunner skin.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Very well stated. I was not a huge fanboi of the original, but this was awesome.

So when is the rest of Hollywood going to get the message that good writing, relate-able characters and thematic depth trumps a bunch of CGI non-sense and explosions???
View Quote
Considering this movie cost $250,000,000 to make and made about $87, not anytime soon.  We get the culture we deserve.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrP-_T-h9YM
I haven’t been able to pass a baseline test for over a decade https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scale/quill/f/e/b/7/c/a/feb7ca59b0ecd5960ba566c64bb6c706c9faf252.gif?mw=600
Are you being hunted?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Interlinked.
View Quote
 Cells.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Interlinked.
View Quote
Cells
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top