Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:36:30 PM EDT
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-06-21/democratic-rage-would-look-something-like-this

It feels as though another political Rubicon was crossed.

"I think we're at the beginning of a soft civil war," political scientist Thomas Schaller said in a telephone interview. "I don't know if the country gets out of it whole."

The heightened conflict of recent weeks led to more ominous rhetoric — anyone else notice the abundance of Nazi references from sane people? — and more definitive, unequivocal acts. Former Republican strategist Steve Schmidt renouncedhis party of 29 years this week and pledged to vote for Democrats until decency returns to the GOP.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
"But liberals have a great deal of cultural, academic and economic heft, stretching from Hollywood to Harvard."

Two strongholds of the takeover of the USA by cultural marxists.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL!
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Where will he be during the war?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
No shit Sherlock.  We’ve been in a cold-civil war for around 8 yrs now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Come at me, bro.

I’d welcome these sad fucking pansies dropping the passive-aggressive shtick; but they won’t because they know how that ends.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Soft civil war?  Is there such a thing. Only soft part is their side...they do not want a civil war.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh. The fact of the matter is that we've been on this path of self destruction for quite some time. Liberalism Marxism and conservatism simply cannot coexist in the same space with one another.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
In hiding.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"But liberals have a great deal of cultural, academic and economic heft, stretching from Hollywood to Harvard."

View Quote
Including two Russian spy/moles deeply embedded in the Harvard community that were just caught within the last decade.
How many Russian & Chinese embeds remain? Anybody's guess.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Give them California and make a wall.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep referring to anyone that is not pro-illegal immigrant as a nazi.

Please keep it up.   I beg you.

Dip shits.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-06-21/democratic-rage-would-look-something-like-this

"I think we're at the beginning of a soft civil war," political scientist Thomas Schaller said in a telephone interview. "I don't know if the country gets out of it whole."

The heightened conflict of recent weeks led to more ominous rhetoric — anyone else notice the abundance of Nazi references from sane people? — and more definitive, unequivocal acts. Former Republican strategist Steve Schmidt renouncedhis party of 29 years this week and pledged to vote for Democrats until decency returns to the GOP.
View Quote
so, were on the brink of civil war, but its because of evil republicans, and conservatives who have pushed the left and democrats too far they are sick of us breaking the law,  so now they are pushing back, going to start breaking the rules, and have no choice because of all the massive fake propaganda that's making trump look awesome, and hiding his flaws?? WTF?

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No shit Sherlock.  We’ve been in a cold-civil war for around 8 yrs now.
View Quote
Possibly you meant 68 years now?

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

so, were on the brink of civil war, but its because of evil republicans, and conservatives who have pushed the left and democrats too far, so now they are pushing back, and have no choice because of all the massive fake news that's making trump looks awesome, and hiding his flaws?? WTF?

https://i.imgur.com/NAIdwIv.gif
View Quote
You didn't think the left would get the blame did you?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Patiently waiting...
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone hoping for an actual shooting civil war is a moron. That said, a short violent one would, eventually--for those that live, solve almost every problem this country has today.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
You notice the people with lots of money speaking out on our immigration system
they're not competing with these people for work as a matter of fact they're the ones
hiring illegals to wash there underwear and socks and paying them peanuts to do it
a fucking bunch of hypocrites .
The elites do not think our thoughts matter , fuck these people .
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone hoping for an actual shooting civil war is a moron. That said, a short violent one would, eventually--for those that live, solve almost every problem this country has today.
View Quote
I’m confused, are you for or against?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#22]
So basically..the article said that Republicans are mean liars that have a strong propaganda wing and have usurped power through treachery and deceit...and the honest and forthright dems may get upset if they don't win soon.

WTF is wrong with you Bloomberg? Dumbass!
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Republican voters have figured out that the GOP is controlled opposition for the establishment, and Hillary vs Jeb was just too obvious. The elites got arrogant and thought they could slip that one by us. Big mistake.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
In France or someplace "not here".
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#25]
The cognitive dissonance is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Say when
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Fun fact: my colleague Jane Timken, the Chairman of the Ohio GOP, is married to the grandson of the Timken who ran that company in the 1950s. Her husband, Tim, is CEO of Timken Steel.

Jane is fantastic, a strong, conservative, commie-hating leader who takes no prisoners.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So basically..the article said that Republicans are mean liars that have a strong propaganda wing and have usurped power through treachery and deceit...and the honest and forthright dems may get upset if they don't win soon.

View Quote
this. WTF. someone is delusional. we suffered through 8 years of that idiot Obama, and all the shit that came with it, less than 2 years of trump and they need civil war to get out from under republican oppression.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

so, were on the brink of civil war, but its because of evil republicans, and conservatives who have pushed the left and democrats too far they are sick of us breaking the law,  so now they are pushing back, going to start breaking the rules, and have no choice because of all the massive fake propaganda that's making trump look awesome, and hiding his flaws?? WTF?

https://i.imgur.com/NAIdwIv.gif
View Quote
There was actually a study done on changed political ideas between the '90s and now.

Conservatives mostly believe what they did in the '90s, except they became more liberal on some social things like gay marriage. The one exception was climate change; conservatives had more belief in climate change back then and basically don't have any now.

The left, however, has shifted hard left since then.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#30]
When my dad was alive, he was very conservative.  He built a couple factories for Timken Roller bearing company. I worked on the job in Bucyrus, when he did an addition.
Dad was superintendent of that job.

The war will be fought by them in congress and the courts and by the way, they have been kicking our ass.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#31]
It's only "soft" because they still haven't been able to take the guns away from their opponents.

If the right didn't have all the guns, the left would already have started a violent takeover.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#32]
The farther the Left goes left, the farther they portray the right as going.  Never have I move so far, without moving at all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fucking muppets.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fun fact: my colleague Jane Timken, the Chairman of the Ohio GOP, is married to the grandson of the Timken who ran that company in the 1950s. Her husband, Tim, is CEO of Timken Steel.

Jane is fantastic, a strong, conservative, commie-hating leader who takes no prisoners.
View Quote
They make wonderful bearings, too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Give them California and make a wall.
View Quote
Stop it. California is a great state, unfortunately over-run by easterners.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Can we go from soft to hard? Ohh...sooo...hard.  I want it really hard.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Soft civil wars are for bitches.

If it be war yer after, let us make the most of it.

IM me when it's gut pile time.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
An actual civil war would be horrible; and what comes out the other side might be even worse.  But civil war is a better result than communism.  Look at Russia - they won fucking WW2 and occupied half of Europe and even today their GDP isn’t equal to the pre-war Soviet Union.  Venezuela. Cuba. Cambodia.  That’s what communism does to countries.  It fucks them up for generations like a cancer.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Thread title made me think Michael Bloomberg was calling for civil war.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Only way I see us getting close to a 21st century civil war is to have SDI/SSDI/welfare and food stamps to end.

Economy is booming, free shit Army is fed, Obamacare is paying for the beetus meds, free  obamaphones and the 70" TVs are still working fine.

Facebook/Twitter civil war does not equal real civil war.

Call me when either side detonates a Oklahoma style attack on a fed/ATIFA building, or a stolen Air Force M240 belt fed MG opens up on a crowd of pro or anti Trump protestors.

When that happens in one or more locations then we may be getting towards civil war.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's what they always say.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bring it.
View Quote
If you adjust the number of people killed in the civil war to the current population it would be 6 million dead, and as you know that war was fought with muzzle loaders.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Once they are successful in banning guns, free speech from the right, free press from the right, and mobilizing enough of a police state like England to lock you down.....then they will go "hard". They are just biding time right now but their ultimate intentions are ever so blatant. You're a fool if you don't see that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons
Packed up and ready to go
Heard of some grave sites, out by the highway
A place where nobody knows
The sound of gunfire, off in the distance
I'm getting used to it now..........................................
View Quote
Wake up darling they're knocking the colonel's standing in the sun
With his stupid face the glasses and the gun

I know what happens
I read the book
I believe I just got the goodbye look
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Let’s do it, our ar15s vs their almond latte, game on
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Once they are successful in banning guns, free speech from the right, free press from the right, and mobilizing enough of a police state like England to lock you down.....then they will go "hard". They are just biding time right now but their ultimate intentions are ever so blatant. You're a fool if you don't see that.
View Quote
Don’t go quietly.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#48]
This is like David Hogg challenging Mike Tyson to a boxing match.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#49]
He thinks the people casually throwing around the nazi label are sane? He thinks a limp wristed, country club, pinko republican switching parties is a sign of the times?

Get real faggot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#50]
For years, Republicans have led the way in breaking rules  from taking the national debt hostage to usurping a Supreme Court seat.
View Quote
I'm having trouble taking this author seriously.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top