Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like they are having some troubles.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Really had to restrain myself from posting that Armalite song.

Karma?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Karma?
View Quote
I am thinking about Thompsons
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Karma?
View Quote
Do you have to stop yourself from singing jihadi nasheeds?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They haven't gotten over this yet?  What are they mad about now?
View Quote
Could be anything.  It's the Uisce beatha does that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Think the little kid on the boat at the time deserved it to?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I do believe that was the gist of his statement, aka Fuck him and fuck the progeny he should have never lived to have/know depending. On account of him being a terrorist douchebag
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My my, how  rich and vibrant those folks are, we should let more of them immigrate here

Oh..wait
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder how Mr. PotatoHead likes being on the receiving end of the sort of terrorism that his buddies were dealing out back in the day?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I do believe that was the gist of his statement, aka Fuck him and fuck the progeny he should have never lived to have/know depending. On account of him being a terrorist douchebag
View Quote
Thank you

I am stating that Sein Fein and the IRA should be put on a boat and blown up for killing Earl Mountbatten of Burma.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I guess I am sheltered... what is this all about?
View Quote
It’s marching season, so the extremists tend to get a bit riled and accuse the mainstream Irish opposition/Republican leadership of having sold out.

Derry’s been having issues too.

A new younger generation who wasn’t around for the last round of violence seems to want to get it on.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That’s a good layman’s summary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Irish republicans want all of Ireland reunited.

King James (yes, as in the Bible) directed what’s called the Plantation of Ulster. Took a bunch of land in what’s now called Northern Ireland and gave it away for free to Scottish and Anglican English. In an attempt to permanently secure Ireland as part of the English crown.

These people and their descendents are Protestant. And want to stay part of the UK.

Irish are Catholic and want it part of Ireland.

The religions involved have been entirely incidental for a very long time.

The current situation stems from the IRA and their representative part Sinn Fein making peace and leaving N. Ireland part of the UK.

Many elements of the IRA were extremely pissed about this as they felt they’d sold out for something they could have had all along.

It’s been simmering under the surface for quite awhile now. Looks like it’s hitting the boiling point again.

ETA: the Good Friday or Belfast Agreement stipulates basically you can be a citizen of both Ireland & England if you live in N. Ireland. And should there be a referendum held and the majority of citizens vote to reunite with Ireland, the English will respect their wishes. There’s also a free trade agreement and no border checkpoints.

Not exactly a major win for all the blood and violence paid. Pretty easy to see why certain elements are still pissed about it.
Need to also put this in the context of Brexit negotiations, and how the Orange lodges get this time of year every year with their pro-Unionist celebrating.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
odd.  especially since dublin has had Jewish mayors going back til the 1500s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spent a couple of weeks traveling around Ireland. It was beautiful in a way that is hard for a simpleton like me to describe. I loved every minute of the trip. That being said, fuck Ireland. They are very anti Israel and pro Palestine. My trip was interrupted when protesters blocked the streets in Dublin. Just this week Ireland passed a resolution to boycott goods from Israel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124978/irelandpalestine_JPG-608238.jpg
odd.  especially since dublin has had Jewish mayors going back til the 1500s.
Not odd, because Ireland’s position related to Israel is entirely due to political perspectives related to the status of Palestinians in the occupied territories (a group for whom they have a lot of empathy, as they see parallels to their own history) and has nothing to do with anyone's religion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#14]
My great uncle on my grandmother's side was IRA. He was apparently the real deal and miserable commie to boot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ah ok. No worries then.  I really hate the ira..they are scum. The fact that most are both marxists and drug dealers is just icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol this

WTF is there to bomb about over there, now? Reunification is dead, Jim. Brexit might possibly bring it about, but bombs or any other sort of violence sure as hell won’t.

Infighting is as good an excuse as any to toss some bombs, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Need to also put this in the context of Brexit negotiations, and how the Orange lodges get this time of year every year with their pro-Unionist celebrating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Irish republicans want all of Ireland reunited.

King James (yes, as in the Bible) directed what’s called the Plantation of Ulster. Took a bunch of land in what’s now called Northern Ireland and gave it away for free to Scottish and Anglican English. In an attempt to permanently secure Ireland as part of the English crown.

These people and their descendents are Protestant. And want to stay part of the UK.

Irish are Catholic and want it part of Ireland.

The religions involved have been entirely incidental for a very long time.

The current situation stems from the IRA and their representative part Sinn Fein making peace and leaving N. Ireland part of the UK.

Many elements of the IRA were extremely pissed about this as they felt they’d sold out for something they could have had all along.

It’s been simmering under the surface for quite awhile now. Looks like it’s hitting the boiling point again.

ETA: the Good Friday or Belfast Agreement stipulates basically you can be a citizen of both Ireland & England if you live in N. Ireland. And should there be a referendum held and the majority of citizens vote to reunite with Ireland, the English will respect their wishes. There’s also a free trade agreement and no border checkpoints.

Not exactly a major win for all the blood and violence paid. Pretty easy to see why certain elements are still pissed about it.
Excellent point.

For anyone who doesn’t know what he’s referring, Brexit is putting the open borders/free trade/dual citizenship part of the Belfast Agreement in jeopardy.

As far as the Orange lodges though I’d have had to explain what the Ulster Defense forces and Orange Order were to explain why that pisses people off enough to riot.

And that way too much typing to do on a phone.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I spent a couple of weeks traveling around Ireland. It was beautiful in a way that is hard for a simpleton like me to describe. I loved every minute of the trip. That being said, fuck Ireland. They are very anti Israel and pro Palestine. My trip was interrupted when protesters blocked the streets in Dublin. Just this week Ireland passed a resolution to boycott goods from Israel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124978/irelandpalestine_JPG-608238.jpg
View Quote
+1

The Republican Irish are hard-left and then some. Here's their stamp honoring Che:
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

The Republican Irish are hard-left and then some. Here's their stamp honoring Che:
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/cpsprodpb/2E9D/production/_98233911_guevara.jpg
View Quote
Yep. A bunch of drunken crypto-Stalinists that just love murder.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/cpsprodpb/2E9D/production/_98233911_guevara.jpg
All true Stalinists love murder.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
crypto-Stalinists that just love murder.
View Quote
Well, that's redundant.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't realize that POS was still alive.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Too bad karma has taken so long to pay him a visit.

I do hope his grandchildren don't end up paying the price for him.  Not that his ilk ever cared too much about murdering kids.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#24]
When assholes collide?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top