Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go on the website of the mortgage loan, put in the numbers to your credit card. mine takes it. they don't care as long as they get paid. Could be not all credit cards are accepted, could be your credit has to be excellent, could be not all mortgage loan companies will accept a credit card, but mine does.

View Quote

Do they charge you 3%?  

I'd love to pay a lot of bills with cc, but they charge 3-3.5%, so I'd be going backwards.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I am not a multi-billion dollar corporation. I am also not going to pay a 1.9% to 4% fee so my tennant can pay by credit card.
View Quote

Exactly.  This isn’t for you.  This is for the huge corporate land owners that have bought up billions in single family homes since the 2008 crash (that they caused).

Quoted:

If you got your own CC processor that charged a lower percentage than the cash back on the CC, it would theoretically work in your favor.
View Quote

I’ll bet you the corporation has a vested interested in the credit card company.  So they’ll make money on every single purchase including the rent payment.  Then they’ll throw some worthless points to make sure the person sticks with it.  

It isn’t capitalism when the gov and corp are in cahoots to bankrupt people and buy their homes for pennies on the dollar.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes they do gramps. A lot of rental places use services that accept credit card now. If you have the option and don't have to pay fees, you'd be foolish NOT to pay with credit card and pay it off every month. Given rent costs anymore that's a lot of rewards.
View Quote
Say, Sonny, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A check is a check until it bounces. Then it is a crime.
View Quote
Wells Fargo is going to write bad checks?
You're looking really hard for a reason to hate this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A check is a check until it bounces. Then it is a crime.

I am not hating anything. You gave me a check. You have paid by check. I am not paying a fee for processing the money that you owe me.
You have not got something for free, which was the point of the entire thread.
This thread has opened my eyes to the mindset of the majority here.
ETA;Perfect avatar for you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Uh, landlords don't take credit cards.

Uh, that includes Venmo BTW.

PAY ON TIME BY CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER ONLY.
View Quote

I take venmo or zelle, it’s the preferred way. Definitely better than check or cash, and there’s no fees!
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I take venmo or zelle, it’s the preferred way. Definitely better than check or cash, and there’s no fees!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Venmo has 1.9% + $.10 fee per transaction THAT THE PAYEE PAYS.
Do you know what a payee is? Zelle has a $1500 limit(last time I checked).
Google it muh child.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you know what a payee is? Zelle has a $1500 limit.
Google it muh child.
View Quote

Venmo only charges for same day settlement, next day is free.

Zelle limits are based on bank and how long a contact has been in your contact list (to avoid scams).

Source: 50k a month in gross rents, my child.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Zelle limits are based on bank and how long a contact has been in your contact list (to avoid scams).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what a payee is? Zelle has a $1500 limit.
Google it muh child.

Not sure who you spoke to. I have been kicking this back and forth with a tennant for months now. The lease we negotiated is very clear. I am not going to pay to receive rent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure who you spoke to. I have been kicking this back and forth with a tennant for months now. The lease we negotiated is very clear. I am not going to pay to receive rent.
View Quote

I wouldn’t pay any fees if they charged. Venmo and Zelle are free.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is like asking my dog not to piss on the patio when it is raining.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is like asking my dog not to piss on the patio when it is raining.
View Quote

I don’t get your point. There are no fees to a tenant or to a landlord to use venmo or zelle.

Venmo and Zelle both make money from the float, the interest earned while the money sits in the account.

There is no cost or downside to the landlord or tenant for using venmo or zelle.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Ha affirmative action for gen z.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

A tenant pays me via zelle.  No cost to me; it goes straight into my bank account and I get a text when it hits.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I’d love to pay my mortgage with my credit card and get points. Be about $600 free bucks a year.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I love the boomer resistance to getting paid rent via credit card.

I accept whatever payment people want to give.  Part of doing business. Make it easier for your customer.  Business 101.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I buy everything on credit that I possibly can, for the reward points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paying rent on credit?

Unless the balance is paid off monthly that seems kind of dumb. And how many of the Gen Z's aren't bitching about how difficult it is to pay for their lives and can afford to do that?

Same, and balance is paid in full every month.

I wish I could pay my mortgage with my Delta AMEX.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don’t get your point. There are no fees to a tenant or to a landlord to use venmo or zelle.

Venmo and Zelle both make money from the float, the interest earned while the money sits in the account.

There is no cost or downside to the landlord or tenant for using venmo or zelle.
View Quote

Venmo and Zelle are both designed to send small amounts between family and friends. Split a dinner check, pay your babysitter or send a birthday gift are all good uses for them. Paying vendors for goods and services are not what they are designed for. Once you hit send, the money is gone. Want  to use them to pay for a $1,000 toy? That is great until it is not. Pay your rent? I don’t think so. You can use your bank’s bill pay service and they will do an ACH or a send a check for you.

Use your credit card to pay the rent? That is great if the landlord accepts it and your bank doesn’t charge a fee. The Elite Black card is expecting to make money from people who don’t pay their bill in full each month. Based on how many people catty a balance on their CCs, they will make a mint.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I accept whatever payment people want to give.  Part of doing business. Make it easier for your customer.  Business 101.
View Quote

Most boomers are smart enough to know that there is no free lunch. If the landlord incurs more costs by accepting a CC than they think it is worth, they won’t take them. It is not rocket science.

Who do you think invented credit cards? Hint: they have been around a long time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Most boomers are smart enough to know that there is no free lunch. If the landlord incurs more costs by accepting a CC than they think it is worth, they won’t take them. It is not rocket science.

Who do you think invented credit cards? Hint: they have been around a long time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I sell fuel and gasoline and people pay all the time with credit card. Don’t even try to pretend like there isn’t ways to regain credit card fees.

My margin on fuel is Pennies. My margin on transport fuel is typically 2.5 cents.

I have customers that want to pay with a credit card. So I figure it out. If you can’t figure it out, shame on you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a friend and wife who uses some rewards credit card to pay for all their expenses and then pays off the card immediately. they amass enough reward points to get free airfare and travel accommodations to take a few trips a year if they want to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#22]
If the credit card check is free for me, I don't care how a tenant pays.  I'll accept any payment source as long as it's not charging me.  If I have to sign up for every obscure app to do it, so be it.  Half my tenants still mail payment (check, money order).
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am not hating anything. You gave me a check. You have paid by check. I am not paying a fee for processing the money that you owe me.
View Quote
The credit card company gives you a check, and the card holder gets reward points. That's it. I'm not sure why this is causing you to seethe so much, but it's honestly pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Google it muh child.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google it muh child.

There is no fee with Venmo when it’s connected to your bank account as a payment method. There is a fee if you’re using a credit card to pay. Also, some cards (Chase) code it as a cash advance, so you get hit with the advance fee and instant interest. You also don’t get rewards points from Chase via Venmo payments. With Amex you can avoid the fees but you also don’t get rewards so it’s not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The credit card company gives you a check, and the card holder gets reward points. That's it. I'm not sure why this is causing you to seethe so much, but it's honestly pretty funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t bother arguing.

Boomers are terrible at business.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dude I sell fuel and gasoline and people pay all the time with credit card. Don’t even try to pretend like there isn’t ways to regain credit card fees.

My margin on fuel is Pennies. My margin on transport fuel is typically 2.5 cents.

I have customers that want to pay with a credit card. So I figure it out. If you can’t figure it out, shame on you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I worked for a finance company that made subprime auto loans and personal loans. We did take credit cards on our website and over the phone.  We generally charged a convince fee but sometimes collections would waive the fee when they felt it was worth it.

Did I mention that we had our own credit cards for a couple of years? I know all about how credit cards work and the fees charged to the cardholder and the merchant. Did you ever hear of First Data? That is one of the companies I had direct contact with before I retired.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Google it muh child.
View Quote

I get paid with zelle and it's over $1500.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dude I worked for a finance company that made subprime auto loans and personal loans. We did take credit cards on our website and over the phone.  We generally charged a convince fee but sometimes collections would waive the fee when they felt it was worth it.

Did I mention that we had our own credit cards for a couple of years? I know all about how credit cards work and the fees charged to the cardholder and the merchant. Did you ever hear of First Data? That is one of the companies I had direct contact with before I retired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude. My family’s businesses are worth a few billion.  

I’m glad you’re retired. Enjoy it. Stay there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am enjoying retirement and have no need or desire to go back to work. There is nothing like being able to go where I want when I want.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#31]
We have the option of credit card or auto pay from the bank account. There’s a fee for credit card that more than outweighs any card rewards.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Rent? Payments? What are these terms?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am enjoying retirement and have no need or desire to go back to work. There is nothing like being able to go where I want when I want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayyye. Good for you. I get to do that too!

(Currently posting from a yacht in the Bahamas. Some of us young whipper snappers do pretty welll.)
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's just say that some of us recognize where this is going, and exactly what can happen, and will happen with a cashless society.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#35]
The purse swinging in this thread is glorious
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Don’t bother arguing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t bother arguing.

lmao..like businesses never existed before millennials, funny thing..us boomers are the ones with houses versus rentals.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

lmao..like businesses never existed before millennials, funny thing..us boomers are the ones with houses versus rentals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t bother arguing.

Yeah. I just do it better.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

(Currently posting from a yacht in the Bahamas. Some of us young whipper snappers do pretty welll.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you were born with that silver spoon in mouth.....how would you really be doing without your "families billions"?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Let's just say that some of us recognize where this is going, and exactly what can happen, and will happen with a cashless society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?

There’s no stopping it. But guess. Who’s going to vote it into law?

Psst. Not millennials.

It’s all being guided by boomers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. My cards are paid off monthly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Paying rent on credit?

Unless the balance is paid off monthly that seems kind of dumb. And how many of the Gen Z's aren't bitching about how difficult it is to pay for their lives and can afford to do that?
View Quote
I'd pay my mortgage with I credit card if I could! But they won't
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#42]
It's pretty simple - if the tenant can be charged to offset the cost of payment, take whatever payment increases compliance and NOI.

From everything I've seen nationally somewhere between 5 and 8 percent of landlords accept CC payments of some kind. Appfolio, Yardi and most other mid tier PM suites give landlords the ability to accept CC payments while automatically offsetting the payment cost.

CC acceptance isn't something only "billion dollar" companies do, but it's normally not smallholders/mom and pop's who own near majority of rental units. But smallholders aren't operating sophisticatedly.

I've structured to accept only ACH/eCheck or CC autopay for more than 10 years, but my assets self select due to rent pricing. Residents at larger, newer complexes and in the top 15% of sub market rents are more apt to accept. Still have a small percentage who decline based on my requirements.

I have a few legacy and most commercial tenants that pay otherwise, but new residential tenants have only those two options contractually.  About 1 in 6 pay CC, zero net cost.

There's a handful of chargebacks each year - CODB and almost always resolved in my favor.  Structured and executed correctly there's no reason not to take CC if it benefits your system - theres more issue with sophisticated fraud.

My analysts give me a good picture of what benefits my operation, but like anything, YMMV. If a landlord determines CC payments benefits there's no reason it can't be structured to work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sounds like you were born with that silver spoon in mouth.....how would you really be doing without your "families billions"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Double major in International studies and history. Minor in economics.
Masters in sales leadership.
One of about ~1000 certified lubricant engineers.
Extremely well respected in my field.

So you tell me. I worked my ass off to be where I’m at. My investments are doing great too.  

Could I sit on my ass and do nothing? Absolutely!

But my next goal is to be one of ~60 people with the NLGI CGLS certification.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paying rent on credit?

We do too and we pay off the cards monthly religiously.  All the points, none of the interest.  Thank you young scallywags for making this possible for us to reap the rewards of your paying interest on your Starbucks purchases.  Make your next one a vente.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So you tell me. I worked my ass off to be where I’m at. My investments are doing great too.  

But my next goal is to be one of ~60 people with the NLGI CLGS certification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

money doesn't impress me, never has, never will, your worship of it is IMO pretty funny, and I'll bet you stand in front of a mirror every morning giving yourself positive confirmations.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#46]
If I live in a gubment subsidized apartment and pay $27.00 in rent with the utilities included (so I can turn the heat up to 87 and open the windows while boiling a pot of water so as to avoid ashy skin), do I still get the rewards if I pay with this card and never pay off the balance?

Asking for a friend/baby momma….
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

money doesn't impress me, never has, never will, your worship of it is IMO pretty funny, and I'll bet you stand in front of a mirror every morning giving yourself positive confirmations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would lose that bet. Along with most bets on assumptions about me.

I just like to make boomers grit their teeth and pop off with their generalized conceptions of younger generations.  That makes them look like a gigantic idiot.

I also raise these assholes:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

I’m just a functional idiot that likes to have fun. That’s really good at his job. That can talk toe to toe with the top economists in the world. And can hang out with CEO’s of top companies.  Etc.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Lol this place
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Can I rent to myself?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Don't bother arguing.

View Quote

Ever hear of The Great Wealth Transfer?  If boomers were bad at business then where did the unprecedented tens of trillions of dollars (highest speculated I saw is $68 trillion) that they are leaving their descendants come from?  My wife and I inherited nothing but we are going to leave our two kids a modest but life-altering inheritance.

Most bitching about boomers is due to frustration about having to wait for inheritances.  <---Broad brush just as stupid as saying boomers are terrible at business.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top