BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After a certain number of years on the job a police officer should be able to purchase his service pistol when he retires.

View Quote

My old agency gifted you your issued pistol at retirement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@sq40

Not quite.

The G47 is also compatible with G19X, G17, G34 and G45 magazines.

The CBP/USBP specific G26 (for plain clothes/undercover work) is the one that differs from the regular one. Also not sold to the public.

The CBP specific G26 has slightly  longer magwell to accommodate an 11 round magazines, as opposed ro the regular G26 which uses 10 round magazines.

A regular 10 round G26 magazine will fit in the magwell but is too short to engage the magazine release.
View Quote

Yah, the decision for the 26 baffles me.  1 extra round is nice, but not worth the tradeoff.  Especially cause so many people put extended plates on them anyways.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After a certain number of years on the job a police officer should be able to purchase his service pistol when he retires.

Clinton made that illegal for Feds.  Can't buy or be given a duty weapon, all issue weapons destroyed or transferred to another agency when replaced.  Even more nonsensical than most gun laws.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want a 25 and 28 for no good reason
View Quote

One of the 2 is available for individual officer purchase on letterhead.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It'll be worth 2Gs more than you paid for it, as soon as you buy it.... Yes, that roll mark is absolute shit.
View Quote

I’d have a hard time believing anyone would pay $2700 for this…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The words should be in Spanish, and have an image of broken down fencing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Abramski v US (SCOTUS, 2014) said that purchasing a pistol with the intent to resell it is a straw purchase even if you transfer it through an FFL.
Abramski was an LEO in VA who bought a Blue Label Glock and shipped it to an FFL in PA for his relative to pick up. During performance of a search warrant on Abramski's home, a cancelled check from the relative with the memo "Glock" was found in his home, they did some digging, and bam, he was hit federal charges for straw purchase because the date on the check predated when he bought the Glock. (he was under suspicion of something else, but it's the only charge they put on him IIRC)

The SCOTUS ruling was 5-4, with Scalia ending his dissent saying "The Court makes it a federal crime for one lawful gun owner to buy a gun for another lawful gun owner. Whether or not that is a sensible result, the statutes Congress enacted do not support it—especially when, as is appropriate, we resolve ambiguity in those statutes in favor of the accused." As the Rule of Lenity normally requires any ambiguity in statutory construction be resolved in the defendant's favor, not the state's. In this case, the majority ruled for the state's favor, because icky guns.

Kharn
View Quote

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/D527B411-A6BC-4FE7-AFDE-4313F4E9D224_jpe-2574240.JPG
View Quote

You don't know Glock dorks.  Have you read this thread?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I skimmed through this thread and did some googling on my own but am still a bit confused.

Can someone explain to me what makes the 47 different than a 17?

Small words please.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a Glock dork, but I'm buying one for myself. It will pair nicely with my BP engraved knife.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not a Glock dork, but I'm buying one for myself. It will pair nicely with my BP engraved knife.
View Quote

Me either, but I'm picking up a few of these.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if they will whip up much demand with this offer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neat.

I was able to buy my old G22 when we upgraded a few years ago.

Any citizen should be able to walk to the police department's sallyport and pay their cost plus a 10% handing fee for anything they have on contract.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Any citizen should be able to walk to the police department's sallyport and pay their cost plus a 10% handing fee for anything they have on contract.

Kharn
View Quote

No, but not for the reasons you'd think.  Police Departments should not be competing with your local gunstore.  Now, allowing regular folks to buy on GSA schedule, etc. from retailers would solve this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neat.

I was able to buy my old G22 when we upgraded a few years ago.

We can buy ours when we switch to a new gun (for more than one just like it would cost anywhere else due to the sentimental tax). We can request to buy our current one when we retire and the request may or may not be approved. Depends on if the person in charge likes you, had a good or bad day, etc. But since that model is still in use, they will charge you new price for it since they would have to replace it with a new one. Even though our Firing Range probably has a few hundred extra to replace for OIS, training, parts, breakage, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Glock G19 and like it but that’s a little high in my book.  I can walk into my LGS and buy most any Glock for $600.00 -700.00 at the most new.  But I guess it won’t say anything about the BP.  I don’t care at all not collecting them either. To each his own.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/D527B411-A6BC-4FE7-AFDE-4313F4E9D224_jpe-2574240.JPG
View Quote

That was just a concept art design.
After feedback from many BP Agents and Retired BP Agents, they are changing it.
Waiting to see final  concept.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 4:29:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
At least they are guarding access to something.
View Quote

Yup, guarding against anyone who is not part of the club from getting a G47.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top