Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Wanting to join the FFL and helping 3rd world villagers to rebuild their lives? That's a contradiction...
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They speak Pashto which is an Afghani language. Source: http://nypost.com/2014/05/31/the-bizarre-tale-of-americas-last-known-pow/

Some other interesting tidbits from that article:

As a teen, the home-schooled son of Calvinists took up ballet — recruited to be a "lifter” by "a beautiful local girl,” Rolling Stone reported, "the guy who holds the girl aloft in a ballet sequence.” The strategy worked: Bergdahl — who also began dabbling in Budd­hism and tarot card reading — soon moved in with the woman.

Even as a teen, he could fire a .22-caliber rifle with precision.

At age 20, he traveled to Paris and started learning French in hopes of joining the French Foreign Legion.
His application was rejected, and he was devastated, the magazine reported.

Bergdahl would drift for years, working mainly at a coffee shop near home. He briefly considered moving to Uganda to help villagers being terrorized by militias before deciding on a different ­adventure.

"I’m thinking of joining the Army,” he told his folks after ­already having signed up.
Bergdahl’s dream was to help Afghan villagers rebuild their lives and learn to defend themselves, his dad told the magazine.
View Quote

Bergdahl seems like he was confused - big time.
Since when is the purpose of a standing army to "help Afghan villagers rebuild their lives and learn to defend themselves"?
I'm pretty sure the purpose of a standing army is to defend its country by killing bad guys and blowing their stuff up.
He should have joined the Peace Corps, I think he'd have felt a lot more at home there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
A hero to traitors, a traitor to patriots.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdGe0uP7W-c

That woman appears to lie more than Hillary Clanton which is saying something.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks to be more a traitor.  He never seemed to be on mission as a soldier, but rather someone with their own agenda.

He put a lot of people in danger.

Still he seems more honest than Susan Rice or Obama or Hillary.  How can you spin this to be a beneficial trade.  ?  Preposterous.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck that motherfucker

Hang him or shoot him, he is a traitor
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Fuck that motherfucker

View Quote

Can we shoot him while he hangs? Just dont give him the drop and let him suffocate instead of snapping the neck.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can we shoot him while he hangs? Just dont give him the drop and let him suffocate instead of snapping the neck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck that motherfucker

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm beginning to think the exchange was just a cover for getting prisoners out of Gitmo.  We were negotiating with several other countries to take prisoners for a year and then release them....Peru for one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks to be more a traitor.  He never seemed to be on mission as a soldier, but rather someone with their own agenda.

He put a lot of people in danger.

Still he seems more honest than Susan Rice or Obama or Hillary.  How can you spin this to be a beneficial trade.  ?  Preposterous.
View Quote

He caused a lot of deaths.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
From what I seen reported.

Deserter
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#13]

his dad is an asshole too
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Fox News is reporting that in the note he left behind with his unit, he renounced his citizenship and said he was going to find/join the Taliban.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]
at minimum he's a deserter, at worst he's a defector.  neither bode well and dude deserves jail time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that motherfucker

Flamethrower test dummy sounds about his speed
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#17]
If the multitude of reports and data points, including his own communications to his unit and back home, are completely true, then he should be a dead weight hanging from a length of hemp.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Just another Obama pawn.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#19]
How about 'no one really knows yet'?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad your poll allowed me to choose both "Deserter" and "Traitor."

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How about 'no one really knows yet'?

View Quote

People have known for 5 years.

This is not new information coming out, it has been known within the military for a while. It's just breaking social media because we gave up terrorists for a deserter and traitor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#23]
By his own admission............that sounds like enough evidence for anyone

Quoted:
Fox News is reporting that in the note he left behind with his unit, he renounced his citizenship and said he was going to find/join the Taliban.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Another story from a Soldier who served with Bergdahl, Nathan Bradley Bethea.  This was particularly interesting:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-for-bergdahl-a-guy-who-walked-off-in-the-dead-of-night.html#

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Another story from a Soldier who served with Bergdahl, Nathan Bradley Bethea.  This was particularly interesting:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-for-bergdahl-a-guy-who-walked-off-in-the-dead-of-night.html#

Bergdahl was not the first American soldier in modern history to walk away blindly. As I write this in Seoul, I'm about 40 miles from where an American sergeant defected to North Korea in 1965. Charles Robert Jenkins later admitted that he was terrified of being sent to Vietnam, so he got drunk and wandered off on a patrol. He was finally released in 2004, after almost 40 hellish years of brutal internment. The Army court-martialed him, sentencing him to 30 days' confinement and a dishonorable discharge. He now lives peacefully with his wife in Japan—they met in captivity in North Korea, where they were both forced to teach foreign languages to DPRK agents. His desertion barely warranted a comment, but he was not hailed as a hero. He was met with sympathy and humanity, and he was allowed to live his life, but he had to answer for what he did.

I believe that Bergdahl also deserves sympathy, but he has much to answer for, some of which is far more damning than simply having walked off. Many have suffered because of his actions: his fellow soldiers, their families, his family, the Afghan military, the unaffiliated Afghan civilians in Paktika, and none of this suffering was inevitable. None of it had to happen. Therefore, while I’m pleased that he’s safe, I believe there is an explanation due. Reprimanding him might yield horrible press for the Army, making our longest war even less popular than it is today. Retrieving him at least reminds soldiers that we will never abandon them to their fates, right or wrong. In light of the propaganda value, I do not expect the Department of Defense to punish Bergdahl.

Much truth to the above.  However, it does not surprise me at all that Hagel et al would take the politically expedient road instead of the "hard right."  That said, I do look forward to putting in a FOIA request for the "inquiry" into Bergdahls "capture" in hopes that we can, yet again, prove Susan Rice to be a liar...
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#25]
To the 30 members who think this man is a hero. There is definitive proof he is not.

WASHINGTON — Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life.
View Quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/us/us-soldier-srgt-bowe-bergdahl-of-idaho-pow-vanished-angered-his-unit.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#26]
lol Drudge headline 'OBAMA SAVED A RAT?'
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm glad your poll allowed me to choose both "Deserter" and "Traitor."

View Quote

Yup
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top