Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The natural tendency is towards tyranny, not away from it. It takes tremendous effort for a people to remain free. There is also a natural tendency of people to want to outsource their individual responsibilities; that leads to acceptance of privileges in the place of the exercise of rights.

You know... morons.
View Quote

I keep wondering what the founding fathers would have done in the face of such clearly tyrannical motions.  I'm pretty confident it'd be face-shooting time when answering the door.  When comparing then to now, I do think they endured a lot more than we are now on a physical level....we've just been enduring the ankle biting a LOT longer.  Again, just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I keep wondering what the founding fathers would have done in the face of such clearly tyrannical motions.  I'm pretty confident it'd be face-shooting time when answering the door.  When comparing then to now, I do think they endured a lot more than we are now on a physical level....we've just been enduring the ankle biting a LOT longer.  Again, just my thoughts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The natural tendency is towards tyranny, not away from it. It takes tremendous effort for a people to remain free. There is also a natural tendency of people to want to outsource their individual responsibilities; that leads to acceptance of privileges in the place of the exercise of rights.

You know... morons.

They had no way to vote out the tyranny they were under (which is nothing compared to what we live under today), so they made sure and give us a way every 2 and 6 years to make sure it didn't happen. I'm sure they would be pissed seeing the same 90% that are screwing us getting reelected every time, and many politicians in office for decades...

The Founders get most of the air time, but I think about all the nameless, faceless, forgotten guys that gave their lives fighting to rid ourselves of the oppressors across the pond (so we could have the oppressors here instead).
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OR they pull the magic rabbit from their collective anus and create some newfound rule that they get to make all the rules, the courts go with it (paid off/threatened) and we just officially ditch the rule of law for bureaucratic whimsical dictatorship, which should hopefully stir The People's collective pot.
View Quote

Unfortunately I have to agree. They've been making shit up for years. If they get away with making shit up now I wouldn't be suprised.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

*laughs in Arizona gun culture*

So your rationale is that because the government has become so totalitarian, we should just give up our rights?  

I will say again...  you are what is wrong with this country
View Quote

You’re alright. Myself and a bunch of others from AZ have started our own private group. If you’re interested in joining IM or email me. I’ll give you more details
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
RBT seems to have created product this knowing that the government would send the ATF in to interpret this as a MG.

What makes this unique is that they didn't submit this for approval in the first place.  Why?  The lawyer who is part of their ownership is a known 2A lawyer from the Orlando area.  He was a firearms trust attorney and gun rights attorney for as long as I can remember.  He is not stupid and had to know what was coming.  Also there is a reason this trigger wasn't designed with a single fire selector (wink wink).  So what they have up their sleeves and how they believe they can win is going to be interesting.

If the ATF raids in a few weeks, it will be telling, in regards to their belief of winning this case.  I wouldn't be surprised, if magically, a Chicago gangland shootout doesn't magically have firearms with RBTs in them.

The government is afraid of precedence if they loose.  Most of their interpretations are very loose and full of holes.  Once their 'black is white and white is black' double speak dam breaks it has larger ramifications.  The Congress does not have the appetite to actually vote in new laws.  Once the ATF's ability to interpret new laws, out of thin air, is removed (slowed down) we can get back to business.

This will play out in the courts quickly or will drag on a few years like the bump stock issue.  Single trigger pull is easy to define.  Judges who aren't political hacks...not so much.

Either way keep buying them.  If RBT wins, this trigger design will be an option on all semi auto AR type firearms.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They had no way to vote out the tyranny they were under (which is nothing compared to what we live under today), so they made sure and give us a way every 2 and 6 years to make sure it didn't happen. I'm sure they would be pissed seeing the same 90% that are screwing us getting reelected every time, and many politicians in office for decades...

The Founders get most of the air time, but I think about all the nameless, faceless, forgotten guys that gave their lives fighting to rid ourselves of the oppressors across the pond (so we could have the oppressors here instead).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know... morons.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not at all happy about this.  

But I knew it was coming and I AM happy I didn't buy one.
View Quote
Same, not happy, but not surprised either.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
RBT seems to have created product this knowing that the government would send the ATF in to interpret this as a MG.

What makes this unique is that they didn't submit this for approval in the first place.  Why?  The lawyer who is part of their ownership is a known 2A lawyer from the Orlando area.  He was a firearms trust attorney and gun rights attorney for as long as I can remember.  He is not stupid and had to know what was coming.  Also there is a reason this trigger wasn't designed with a single fire selector (wink wink).  So what they have up their sleeves and how they believe they can win is going to be interesting.

If the ATF raids in a few weeks, it will be telling, in regards to their belief of winning this case.  I wouldn't be surprised, if magically, a Chicago gangland shootout doesn't magically have firearms with RBTs in them.

The government is afraid of precedence if they loose.  Most of their interpretations are very loose and full of holes.  Once their 'black is white and white is black' double speak dam breaks it has larger ramifications.  The Congress does not have the appetite to actually vote in new laws.  Once the ATF's ability to interpret new laws, out of thin air, is removed (slowed down) we can get back to business.

This will play out in the courts quickly or will drag on a few years like the bump stock issue.  Single trigger pull is easy to define.  Judges who aren't political hacks...not so much.

Either way keep buying them.  If RBT wins, this trigger design will be an option on all semi auto AR type firearms.
View Quote

The law says 'single function' of the trigger. Function covers forward, backward, sideways, up, down, etc.. Best I can tell the RBFRT requires two functions of the trigger, one forced forward by the bcg, and one backward by the finger to fire again. I'm interested in the mental gymnastics they'll use to get around 'single function' - laws be damned.

ETA - Best I can ad up the bump stocks take at least the same two functions to fire subsequent rounds so the RBFRT could have a bearing on future bump stock cases.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, whew....close one guys! You almost had a freedom spewing fun button. Icky! Hey, at least this way you can be in compliance with tyrannical overstepping agencies that make laws AND enforce them. I know that's something I'd be proud of!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know, whew....close one guys! You almost had a freedom spewing fun button. Icky! Hey, at least this way you can be in compliance with tyrannical overstepping agencies that make laws AND enforce them. I know that's something I'd be proud of!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, in compliance until they decide something else you already may or may not possess doesn't comply.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't get why some of you are down in the dumps or happy you didn't buy one - even though they're still for sale.

I've been having fun for months. $400 well spent!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't get why some of you are down in the dumps or happy you didn't buy one - even though they're still for sale.

View Quote

Freedom scares the shit out of some ARF folks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess so. I've been enjoying mine every bit as much I enjoy a RR M16.

$400 > $20k.

I like the $400 solution immensely.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#14]
There are many here like me who have voiced their support and urge to donate to the cause. Those that support RBT's response and potential legal battle should email Mr. Maxwell's law firm email address with support, encouragement, and or offer for donation. I do not believe they can get his client list due to attorney client privilege.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There are many here like me who have voiced their support and urge to donate to the cause. Those that support RBT's response and potential legal battle should email Mr. Maxwell's law firm email address with support, encouragement, and or offer for donation. I do not believe they can get his client list due to attorney client privilege.
View Quote

The ATF letter is better than any go fund me account. Wonder how many triggers they've sold since this started?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are many good reasons to buy one of these, but falsely believing the ATF will follow the law is not one of them
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, in compliance until they decide something else you already may or may not possess doesn't comply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The ATF letter is better than any go fund me account. Wonder how many triggers they've sold since this started?
View Quote

I'd love to buy, but their switch to the cripto I'm a little too unfamiliar with even after watching some vids on it.  Plus it seems like it'd have an incurred fee (not from RBT) for either the transaction or from an "investment" standpoint with how much you buy vs. it's spending/purchase capacity.  But again, not nearly educated or comfortable enough with it.  If they could just switch back to credit card I'd FO!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are many good reasons to buy one of these, but falsely believing the ATF will follow the law is not one of them
View Quote
A donation/retainer to his law firm does not constitute purchasing a trigger. I never said to try to buy a trigger from his law firm lol.

but yes I agree that there are many good reasons to still buy the trigger. Including but not limited to "because I want to!"
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure this has been covered, probably many times in this thread, but it's my understanding that AFT does not accept parts for evaluation.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Buying something with cryptocurrency also has reporting requirements when you file your 1040 for income tax, which is something to keep in mind if you're new to crypto.

Edit: it seems they're accepting credit cards if you ship to the billing address, so hopefully they have their payment processing sorted. Crypto is still an option for people who prefer that, for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#23]
It will be interesting to see what happens to their customer records. Hopefully all have been deleted.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm sure this has been covered, probably many times in this thread, but it's my understanding that AFT does not accept parts for evaluation.
View Quote
They do. There's nothing that compels them to do it. And there's no procedure to appeal their determinations, their determinations are not binding and subject to change, and are only "good" regarding the original requestor and the specific product evaluated.

So it's a shit show that's become a miniature de facto judiciary that "rules" on legality without statutory authority, responsibility, or oversight and is not bound by precedence or anything other than the whim of the letter writer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see what happens to their customer records. Hopefully all have been deleted.
View Quote

Considering it sounds like they are currently stored in the office of a law firm, the AFT may have some trouble seizing the records without falling afoul of attorney/client confidentiality laws.

Do any of our in-house lawyers have any insight they can share on this legal maneuver by RBT? It sounds like a stroke of genius to me!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They do. There's nothing that compels them to do it. And there's no procedure to appeal their determinations, their determinations are not binding and subject to change, and are only "good" regarding the original requestor and the specific product evaluated.

So it's a shit show that's become a miniature de facto judiciary that "rules" on legality without statutory authority, responsibility, or oversight and is not bound by precedence or anything other than the whim of the letter writer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they only evaluated complete firearms anymore?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Considering it sounds like they are currently stored in the office of a law firm, the AFT may have some trouble seizing the records without falling afoul of attorney/client confidentiality laws.

Do any of our in-house lawyers have any insight they can share on this legal maneuver by RBT? It sounds like a stroke of genius to me!
View Quote

Genius move, if true. I didn't catch that in their response at all.

I mean whats the recourse when AFT sends you a letter to surrender and destroy. You say I sold it. Or say its destroyed.

Are they really going to check every customer? Or get a search warrant for every customer to check if they refuse search of their house?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
what am I missing? Seems like you could buy one of these things if you wanted to.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165887/whatamimissing-2054930.jpg
View Quote

Good to know....it was not like that the other day.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what am I missing? Seems like you could buy one of these things if you wanted to.

This.

Over the weekend they shut off all other payment options except crypto.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I mean whats the recourse when AFT sends you a letter to surrender and destroy. You say I sold it. Or say its destroyed.

Are they really going to check every customer? Or get a search warrant for every customer to check if they refuse search of their house?
View Quote

They 100% will go door to door ......

and you'll be reminded of the consequences of perjuring yourself before you sign the statement stating you disposed of it (sold/lost/etc)

just keep an eye on their list at forfeiture.gov ..... when/if they start rounding them up, you'll get to see the name/address of everyone who had one seized
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have done quite a few warrants at law firms. They are supposed to employ a "taint" team. This is a separate non-connected observer group to aid in making sure nothing not related is taken, reviewed, seized, destroyed, or documented in any way. Even for firms that have zero connection to anything that could taint other cases, it should be used.

We did a warrant at an office and only to find out an attorney that loved to sue the police used the location as a 2nd office. It was just a location close to his house and he still fully staffed his main office. He showed up and explained how it was an office no one knew about. We ended up letting him accompany the search and he was truly our taint team, since we needed him to show where everything was we were looking for and he would point out his files. He had nothing to do with our case at all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Could be they had an issue with their previous payment processor and couldn't get a new one lined up until business hours Monday. Either way, I think it's great they're back up for credit card purchases, with the option of crypto for those who want the illusion of privacy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

and you'll be reminded of the consequences of perjuring yourself before you sign the statement stating you disposed of it (sold/lost/etc)

just keep an eye on their list at forfeiture.gov ..... when/if they start rounding them up, you'll get to see the name/address of everyone who had one seized
View Quote

Not sure if it happened or not, but I'm wondering why this wasn't the case with bump stocks?  I mean, as far as the classification....it seems to be similar.  Was it because Trump told them to do it and they just didn't want to put any effort into it?  Or was there door to door confiscations and raids done and maybe I just never heard about it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not sure if it happened or not, but I'm wondering why this wasn't the case with bump stocks?  I mean, as far as the classification....it seems to be similar.  Was it because Trump told them to do it and they just didn't want to put any effort into it?  Or was there door to door confiscations and raids done and maybe I just never heard about it?

Thanks
View Quote

I suspect there are far fewer RBFRT units in the wild that there were bumpstocks.  Makes the logistics much easier.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I suspect there are far fewer RBFRT units in the wild that there were bumpstocks.  Makes the logistics much easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Yep.... fewer of the triggers in question..... less time on the market, and they all came from a single source .....not multiple manufacturers....
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I just want to add one thing....

I kinda hope ATF rules these machine guns and then forces FRT and credit card companies to give up info and all these piece of shit scalpers get stuck with their loads and having to turn them in for free or goto prison.

But, hoping for that would also screw over the real people who dont deserve it.

I hate scalpers almost enough to say go ATF. But i could never do that. Good luck guys!
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I kinda hope ATF rules these machine guns and then forces FRT and credit card companies to give up info and all these piece of shit scalpers get stuck with their loads and having to turn them in for free or goto prison.

I hate scalpers almost enough to say go ATF. But i could never do that. Good luck guys!
View Quote

Thats a terrible attitude and I hope you come to see the error of your ways.  Scalpers aren't even close to the majority of purchases since they always come back into stock in a short amount of time and the ones on GB don't seem to be moving well.  If you can't find one for retail price, you aren't trying very hard.

My understanding is there are 50K+ FRTs out in the world and that was before this current turn of events.  Thats a ton of doors to knock on
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if they do it won't even be the first thing I've had seized - under protest - by the ATF.

Who f'ing cares? Chance I'm willing to take.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Once possession is a felony, time is on their side.

No need to go door to door (unless they want to instill some fear and see if there is any pushback).
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Translated to english: "I know jack shit about economics and will line up to rape the Kulak girls as soon as I have the chance.".

Though I'll give points for honesty. Most people are too cowardly to admit how much of a monster they are.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No need to go door to door (unless they want to instill some fear and see if there is any pushback).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Also very true.

Overall it should be an entertaining time regardless of how this progresses.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And if they do it won't even be the first thing I've had seized - under protest - by the ATF.

Who f'ing cares? Chance I'm willing to take.
View Quote

Considering I've never once been asked to show papers for any of my form 1 silencers or SBRs OR seen cops give two shits about real machine guns (matches, cola wars, weekend days at the range), I'm with you on that one.

I just got my FFL/SOT and hopefully be able to report the same about new machine guns.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thats a terrible attitude and I hope you come to see the error of your ways.  Scalpers aren't even close to the majority of purchases since they always come back into stock in a short amount of time and the ones on GB don't seem to be moving well.  If you can't find one for retail price, you aren't trying very hard.

My understanding is there are 50K+ FRTs out in the world and that was before this current turn of events.  Thats a ton of doors to knock on
View Quote

I said i hate scalpers ALMOST enough, but ill never be that guy. I decided early on FRT wasn't my cup of tea. Their emails came out of the blue, they bought my email from someone and it just didn't sit right with me. If a product is good, it will sell itself.

Anyways, i hope FRT wins and ATF fucks off to hell. Im not go all Uncle Ted here. I just hate scalpers, theyve fucked me out of plenty other things, not just these. Hurts the butt seeing them go after fucking everything. Scalpers of any kind deserve to be ass raped in hell.

But anyways, good luck to everyone who got FRT with their credit cards.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#46]
One man's scalper is another man's freedom fighter, selling these triggers for cash, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

If they get stonewalled I can see the ATF visiting  people to allow them the opportunity to turn in their potential MG.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's funny because you think people will sign something from an AFT visit
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I've only seen 1 person on the ee really gouging ($700). Everyone else is a reasonable $40 over retail from RBT. If the guy asking $700 gets $700 then that's the price someone is willing to pay. I seriously doubt it though. At least not right now. Maybe in another month or two.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've only seen 1 person on the ee really gouging ($700). Everyone else is a reasonable $40 over retail from RBT. If the guy asking $700 gets $700 then that's the price someone is willing to pay. I seriously doubt it though. At least not right now. Maybe in another month or two.
View Quote

i watched on sell yesterday for $704 on gunbroker

heck 725 atm

looks like a new batch hit the site though, werent very many available last night
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top