Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
They are going to drag their feet on the triggers so they can add them to this law if it passes.

Congress Expanding Ban On Machine Guns  HR 5427 Bump Stock Loophole Act

Congress Expanding Ban On Machine Guns!!! HR 5427 Bump Stock Loophole Act
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought there was one with a bunch of blondes with big hair and tits demoing it.  All I could find was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7X8vrtluRY
View Quote

Opinions on this hellfire? First I’ve actually looked into them. Looks like it could be fun for my AR-22
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Opinions on this hellfire? First I’ve actually looked into them. Looks like it could be fun for my AR-22
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought there was one with a bunch of blondes with big hair and tits demoing it.  All I could find was this:

Sorry, I’ve never owned one.  I just remembered the commercials.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m going to buy a bump stock, DIAS and a New Breed trigger and put them all in my M16
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Loopholes for unconstitutional laws are just bias.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m going to buy a bump stock, DIAS and a New Breed trigger and put them all in my M16
View Quote

Baller.

ETA: You heard the ATF doesn’t like machine guns.  So you put a machine gun in your machine gun, so you could machine gun while you machine gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you think an FRT would run in the M16?

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Ammoland:Judge Denies Rare Breed’s Injunction Against ATF Over Gun Trigger
Scribd link to ruling in article.
Last July, the ATF issued a cease-and-desist letter to Rare Breed Triggers ordering the company to stop selling the FRT-15 trigger. The Bureau reviewed the device and determined that it converts semi-automatic rifles into machine guns. If a device can convert a firearm into a machine gun, then the ATF considers that device itself as a machine gun.

Rare Breed and its owner, Kevin Maxwell, filed a lawsuit against the ATF seeking an injunction against the cease-and-desist. Maxwell, a lawyer by trade, claimed that if the cease-and-desist were allowed, it would cause irrebuttable financial harm to the company and Maxwell himself.

The company argued that if the ATF started seizing triggers from customers, those consumers would start issuing chargebacks against Rare Breed, leading to the company’s financial ruin. Maxwell also argued that it would prevent him from providing for himself and his family.

The judge rejected Maxwell’s claims that he would not be able to provide for himself and his family since he is a licensed attorney. The Court said that Maxwell did not provide evidence of his claim so that it would disregard his argument of financial ruin.

The Court ruled: “Absent supporting factual evidence, the Court may disregard the conclusory statements in the affidavit.”

The Court also said that the Plaintiff did not demonstrate that the alleged injuries to Maxwell and the company could not be remedied by monetary means. The judge cited Ne. Fla. Ch. of Ass’n of Gen. Contractors v. Jacksonville. In that case, the Court ruled that “An injury is ‘irreparable’ only if it cannot be undone through monetary remedies. . . . Mere injuries, however substantial, in terms of money, . . . are not enough.”

Mr. Maxwell said the company would be forced to hand over its customer list or risk criminal prosecution.
He said he is “at risk of suspension of his legal license due to criminal prosecution.” The Court came to the same conclusion that it did in the ruling on the temporary restraining order and ruled against the Plaintiff.

Judge Carlos Mendoza said that the Plaintiff did not explain how the Court had the authority to “temporarily restrain a law enforcement action or criminal prosecution by an executive branch agency.” The judge said he was unsure if the Court even had that power. The judge also cited that criminal prosecution cannot constitute irreparable harm.

One interesting argument that Rare Breed used in its argument is that if the ATF’s order were allowed to be enforced, then the company would not be able to prosecute its patent infringement case against Big Daddy Unlimited successfully. Rare Breed sued BDU claiming the online giant ripped off the FRT-15 design for its Wide Open Trigger. The judge ruled that the company did not show how monetary damages could not remedy such harm.

Finally, the judge stated that the company did not show that the alleged harm was imminent. Rare Breed did present evidence that the ATF did seize at least one FRT-15 showing that the ATF was taking some enforcement action, but the Court cited the ATF letter requiring Rare Breed to contact the ATF to address the FRT-15s already in customer’s hands.

Since the Court did not find that Rare Breed proved irreparable harm, the judge did not consider the company’s other argument.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC it was simply a spring that pushed the trigger forward, making the gun easier to bump fire.  You can achieve the same effect with a rubber band.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm seriously going to build a 10.5" pistol with a Rare Breed trigger and an SB Tactical pistol brace as soon as my "Let's Go Brandon" lower arrives from PSA.  It only seems fitting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm seriously going to build a 10.5" pistol with a Rare Breed trigger and an SB Tactical pistol brace as soon as my "Let's Go Brandon" lower arrives from PSA.  It only seems fitting.
View Quote

Did the same but with a D60....fucker was hard to handle but still yielded a smile!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a 10.5 on an SBR lower, you will be happy

she gets HOT quick though lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry, I've never owned one.  I just remembered the commercials.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opinions on this hellfire? First I've actually looked into them. Looks like it could be fun for my AR-22

Sorry, I've never owned one.  I just remembered the commercials.
Used to be at least one person w/ those videos playing at every gun  show selling those.  I always wanted one but my dad was a fudd and was having nothing to do w/ them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IIRC it was simply a spring that pushed the trigger forward, making the gun easier to bump fire.  You can achieve the same effect with a rubber band.  
https://regularguyguns.com/images/bump_4186x.jpg
View Quote
Doesn't FTroop consider a rubber band like that a MG also?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://regularguyguns.com/images/bump_4186x.jpg

No.
That was a shoestring that was actually registered for an M1 carbine.
It would work on any other weapon that has a similar 'cocking' mechanism.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not at all happy about this.  

But I knew it was coming and I AM happy I didn't buy one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not at all happy about this.  

But I knew it was coming and I AM happy I didn't buy one.

But why not be unhappy about this, and be happy you DID buy one.

Or 2...
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Reportedly case dismissed without prejudice due to "clerical" error (something about both side having to file something like a brief, and one or both didn't). I confirmed this with the PaceMonitor site tracking the documentation on the case.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reportedly case dismissed without prejudice due to "clerical" error (something about both side having to file something like a brief, and one or both didn't). I confirmed this with the PaceMonitor site tracking the documentation on the case.
View Quote

Wait….what?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wait….what?!?!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait….what?!?!?

There's another thread here in GD about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Rare-BreeD-TRIGGERS-VS-ATF-UPDATE/5-2500018/
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#21]
NVM.
Here's a summary, more to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1lNxd57AM
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
NVM.
Here's a summary, more to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1lNxd57AM
View Quote

Okay, still FRT went WTF?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]
What a mess.

In the meantime - I'm still enjoying the hell out of my FRTs.
Page / 27
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top