Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're insanely destructive if you know how to use them, and still damn scary if you don't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've transported a guy that was hit with at least one of them.  It's been a long time now and I don't remember how many times he was hit but it was only once or twice; I know he had some broken teeth and I want to say his jaw was broken.  Knuckles are something you absolutely do not want to get hit with and if you employee them you need to understand that there is a very real chance you could kill the person you're hitting.  I could see them caving in thinner bone like the temporal area for example or destroying an eye socket.
Wow.  I wouldn't have thought they'd be that destructive.  
They're insanely destructive if you know how to use them, and still damn scary if you don't.
Yes they are. I've had this paperweight for a while now.  You can break windows without a lot of effort.  I shudder to think what it would do to a face.

If you use it in self defense you better be in serious fear for your life.

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Facebook group:

Blackjacks, saps and knuckledusters
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone make a quality repro trench knife?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You have to start examining your life and choices if you wear out your brass knuckles and have to get them repaired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I’ve seen on the Internet.
You have to start examining your life and choices if you wear out your brass knuckles and have to get them repaired.
Lost ...
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Do these paperweights cause cancer in state of California?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do these paperweights cause cancer in state of California?

Asking for a friend.
View Quote
What doesn't cause cancer in California?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I’ve seen on the Internet.
View Quote
I got a set from them, and they look pretty enough, but they are uncomfortable as FUCK, with awkward spacing on the finger holes and the holes themselves are way too squared off to get a good grip without having to maneuver a lot.

I’m gonna work them over in a bead blasting cabinet when I get home and make them fit right, but I don’t think I’ll be buying any more of these.

They’re purely decorative, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OST

I'm on the hunt for some brass knuckles as well as a good quality sap.
View Quote

L -> R Greenman Denver, Greenman Regulator, DD Whips Carney, DD whips Mini-jack, Foster Bros Junior and Foster Convoy. I didn't have any luck getting in touch with the one that makes the Blackjacks last time I was looking.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Subbed. I’m ordering a set to enjoy freedom. Why not. There is an artist that makes 100% sterling silver (5 ounces) I may snag
View Quote
Care to share the artist?  This sounds like the kind of paperweight I wouldn't mind having.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Microtech makes a version, they are pretty nice looking
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought brass knuckles were outdated.

I remember around 2001 looking into them because they startes being made in hard plastic. Like a glock. They were lighter and could get around metal detectors.

I got arrested once at 18 and had brass knuckles in my car. The cop took them but didnt charge me because he said it was the first time he ever found them and he was going to put them on a display of confiscated weapons.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Care to share the artist?  This sounds like the kind of paperweight I wouldn't mind having.  Thanks in advance.
View Quote
https://poursilver.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

He does sales often enough that it may be worth waiting
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Only in TX would someone buy a BBQ knuckle duster.....Make sure you get it engraved while you are about it.  

http://www.windyridgedesigns.com/images/WESA/EBK_L.jpg

https://www.windyridgedesigns.com/misccustomengravingfab.html
View Quote
You make that sound like a bad thing....
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I thought brass knuckles were outdated.

I remember around 2001 looking into them because they startes being made in hard plastic. Like a glock. They were lighter and could get around metal detectors.

I got arrested once at 18 and had brass knuckles in my car. The cop took them but didnt charge me because he said it was the first time he ever found them and he was going to put them on a display of confiscated weapons.
View Quote
The weight is part of what makes them so dangerous, think of it like adding a roll of quarters to your fist, you're increasing the mass impacting your target.  They must be designed so that the energy transfer on your part is into your palm, not your fingers so make sure they fit.  I'd be leery of plastic if I were looking at non-metallic versions, I'd want something fiber reinforced; with a proper punch there's a lot of energy transferred when striking a hard surface like bone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a pair of these low profile wide-tops from the Brass Knuckle Co. Haven’t had to use them yet. They’re nice and very comfortable. I’ve tapped my head with them lightly and can only imagine what a full on punch would do...most likely cave in a skull. If you even think you’ll use them be prepared to go all the way.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I represented a guy who was sitting in his apartment playing loud music. The police came to tell him to turn it down and asked him if he had anything in his pockets when he opened the door, he said sure, his brass knuckles, and was arrested
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they are. I've had this paperweight for a while now.  You can break windows without a lot of effort.  I shudder to think what it would do to a face.

If you use it in self defense you better be in serious fear for your life.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/331642/919B7B4B-18F8-42EC-977C-BF81509E83A2-1074115.jpg
I represented a guy who was sitting in his apartment playing loud music. The police came to tell him to turn it down and asked him if he had anything in his pockets when he opened the door, he said sure, his brass knuckles, and was arrested
That won't be happening here as of midnight.
Was this in the people's republic of New York?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#18]
batons

what is the ruling on batons in TX, specifally, San Antonio, come tomorrow???
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered these should be here next week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.- Settle on design.

2.- Carve model from wood.

3.- Make cast of this model in Plaster of Paris.

4.- Remove wood model.

5.- Cast wax into the Plaster of Paris mold you created.

6.- Remove wax model.

7.- Cast gypsum wallboard filler over wax model covering completley.

8.- Place the wax model covered in wallboard filler in oven, bake at 350 degrees so all the wax melts and it leaves a hollow mold. Bake for further hour.

9.- Place the hollow mold in a plant pot filled with sand.

10.- Melt brass or aluminum alloy and pour into your hollow mold.

11.- Remove from plant pot when cold.

12.- Break mold apart.

13.- Sand polish and finish.

14.- Robert is your mothers brother
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403845/Ain_t_nobody_got_time_for_that_jpg-1074024.JPG

ETA I messed up and left out the funny quote.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Subbed. I’m ordering a set to enjoy freedom. Why not. There is an artist that makes 100% sterling silver (5 ounces) I may snag
View Quote
Only 5oz? That's pretty small. I've got some 5oz bars and don't see how that's enough silver for knucks. Maybe 20oz?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've transported a guy that was hit with at least one of them.  It's been a long time now and I don't remember how many times he was hit but it was only once or twice; I know he had some broken teeth and I want to say his jaw was broken.  Knuckles are something you absolutely do not want to get hit with and if you employee them you need to understand that there is a very real chance you could kill the person you're hitting.  I could see them caving in thinner bone like the temporal area for example or destroying an eye socket.
View Quote
This is true. Hell I'm afraid of giving any dude a full power-shot with bare knuckles.
But seriously, you can fuck somebody up real quick with 'em.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think weight.  Or as OP would say, "wait".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just curious...

Why are they BRASS knuckles?  Wouldn't pretty much any metal work?  Steel, iron, etc.
I think weight.  Or as OP would say, "wait".
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#24]
You need oval finger holes or you will break a hand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Very nice! Got a link?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
batons

View All Quotes
Quoted:
batons

Sec. 46.03.  PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(1)  on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless:
(A)  pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution; or
(B)  the person possesses or goes with a concealed handgun that the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and no other weapon to which this section applies, on the premises of an institution of higher education or private or independent institution of higher education, on any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by the institution is being conducted, or in a passenger transportation vehicle of the institution;

(2)  on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;

(3)  on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;

(4)  on the premises of a racetrack;

(5)  in or into a secured area of an airport; or

(6)  within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:
(A)  going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited; or
(B)  possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.
(g)  Except as provided by Subsection (g-1), an offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm
I don't know if cities like San Antonio can enforce ordinances against carrying a club or not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#28]
flea market maybe or surplus store.

J-
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They are called belt buckles around here.
View Quote
Same here and they're sold at every gun show.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I need to dig out my old leather slap.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#31]
My buddy sells these brass "paper weights" at the local gun shows...you should always be able to locate a vendor selling them there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cold Steel Chaos DE
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#33]
My father had a shoe box full of brass knuckles he took from people when he was a police officer. One pair had swastikas on the tips of the rings so whoever got punched would have swastikas embedded in their skull/face/cheeks/whatever got hit. They were pretty nasty.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"Unconditional lifetime warranty"?

That's reassuring just in case they would ever break, need replacement parts, get worn out, need maintenance, etc.
View Quote

Yep.  Gotta oil em and give em a tune up ever once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cold Steel Chaos DE
I should've known! Lol, thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.instagram.com/coppershedknifeworks/

Really classy stuff you can pass down.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I've seen on the Internet.
500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.
LL
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
LL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

ETA: These are the real deal 100% cast brass knuckles. They come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. Highest quality I've seen on the Internet.
LL
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
LL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

LL
Knockaround Guys (2001)

Link to Quote
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
COLD STEEL- IRON PROOF 2018- Chaos Double Edge
View Quote
Totally off topic but your vid lead me to this and it's pretty damn impressive!  Not exactly sure what CS has against MarPats and Alphas, though...
Cold Steel - Warrior Series Japanese Swords
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

LL
Knockaround Guys (2001)

Link to Quote
Wheeew.......that was close.

Thought we had a real, bonafide badass among us for a minute there.

Not a big movie buff......guess I missed that gem.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

You understand that no one believes you, don't you?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Growing up my buddy's father was one of those guys who had that look in their eye that said you do not want to fuck with him. He was a notorious drinker, owned a bar @ one point, old school 70's biker turned family man with successful business. Anyway he owned some rental properties near the beach and there was a gathering of fraternities that was getting out of hand. This was years prior to Riot fest in VA beach, basically a build up to Riot fest, like practice. Anyway my bud and I see all this stuff going down with thousands of young college youths beginning to interact with the locals and the residents of the rental properties, who were all Navy Sea Bees that joined at the insistence of a judge. We jumped on our bikes and rode the 2 miles to his house where his dad was sipping on some cold ones watching racing on TV. We told him what was going on and he got on the phone made a few calls, went into the bedroom and while walking out the door he turned to us and said "stay here" while he slipped a well worn sap into his back pocket and left. Bad ass.

Ever since I wanted one.

Sap and Blackjacks

Go big or go home.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:42:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here

You understand that it is a movie quote, don't you?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#45]
@raygixxerr89

Here is the link but it’s been changed not showing his Knucks
For some reason.  They were there yesterday.

Maybe you can message him and pick some up.  Those very well made in USA machines 2 finger set was 90 dollars brass.  He is doing a beautiful run of full size titanium’s for 200
Dollars they are amazing machined art

https://www.etsy.com/shop/tactikowl
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always figured they were.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:05:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously not. It cracks me up when people get weird over quotes when a 5 second search would have educated them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#48]
The Plowshare Forge BC41's are some of the best 'off the shelf' knuckles.

http://plowshareforge.blogspot.com/2012/05/weve-gone-just-me-actually-knucleduster.html

Just email him and ask for what you want. Turnaround is quite fast.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Here

View Quote
Picked up two of their knucks.  Both marked made in India on the boxes.  The brass pair is  finished very well.  The 1864 Copper model has several sharp edges where they bored the finger holes.  Other than that they will do for now.  I'll  probably carry one if I go to a npe like my Doctor.

Paladin
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Picked up two of their knucks.  Both marked made in India on the boxes.  The brass pair is  finished very well.  The 1864 Copper model has several sharp edges where they bored the finger holes.  Other than that they will do for now.  I'll  probably carry one if I go to a npe like my Doctor.

Paladin
View Quote
Brass from India shouldn't be touched unless you like lead in your bloodstream
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top