Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe all these things are legal in KY with a CCW license.

As are chucks, stars, switchblades AOWs and DDs.

It's pretty much the wild wild west here.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1754a.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1754.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1752a.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1744.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1740.jpg Here the pics of what a sap is capable of and some brass knuckles from old. The were in my grandpas collection and are now my uncles.

That is a quarter on top od the knuckles so you can get an idea of scale on those bad boys. I have tried to buy them several times from my uncle but he won't budge.

The big metal club between the knuckles was a tear gas club. that screws apart in the middle so you can load it. It has a firing mechanism that is thumb operated.

So a little tap from a sap can be lethal and that is not something I would want to trust one way or the other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1754a.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1754.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1752a.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1744.jpghttp://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/SearcherforTruth/My%20grandpas%20weapons/100_1740.jpg
Quoted:
If you are wanting them for personal protection, etc., a small sap would be better then knuckles.  A sap is easily concealed and when you hit people with it, it doesn't immediately remove flesh.  

Bonk a guy in the head a few times with a sap and walk away.  The guy isn't ruined but it'll take the fight out of them.
Here the pics of what a sap is capable of and some brass knuckles from old. The were in my grandpas collection and are now my uncles.

That is a quarter on top od the knuckles so you can get an idea of scale on those bad boys. I have tried to buy them several times from my uncle but he won't budge.

The big metal club between the knuckles was a tear gas club. that screws apart in the middle so you can load it. It has a firing mechanism that is thumb operated.

So a little tap from a sap can be lethal and that is not something I would want to trust one way or the other.

Those aren't saps. Those are blackjacks. There is a subtle but important difference. A blackjack usually consists of a round weight on the end of a spring wrapped in leather, often braided which tends to tear up skin. The idea is to concentrate the force in a small spot. This can shatter bones easily. With a sap the weight is flattened and attached to a piece of spring steel and then wrapped in leather. The idea here is to distribute the force to a larger area.

That is a sap on top and a blackjack below it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Do polycarbonate (Lexan) knuckles hold up in heavy use?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

How often do you plan on using them?

This thread cracks me up. I understand the nostalgia on brass nucks but everyone does realize that they are universally treated as a deadly weapon, right? If you're going to go for it you might as well knock holes in the fucker, gun or knife and to be candid a knife can be explained away a hell of a lot easier than brass knuckles....and it's a whole bunch more effective if applied correctly.

In any case, as I've said before I've seen men tore up with nothing more than a king bolt, from a wagon tongue.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This thread cracks me up. I understand the nostalgia on brass nucks but everyone does realize that they are universally treated as a deadly weapon, right? If you're going to go for it you might as well knock holes in the fucker, gun or knife and to be candid a knife can be explained away a hell of a lot easier than brass knuckles....and it's a whole bunch more effective if applied correctly.

In any case, as I've said before I've seen men tore up with nothing more than a king bolt, from a wagon tongue.
View Quote

I said heavy, not frequent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't someone post a how to using the Lost Wax Method to cast some Brass Knuckles from melted rifle brass?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Didn't someone post a how to using the Lost Wax Method to cast some Brass Knuckles from melted rifle brass?
View Quote

That would be awesome!  I'd love to make a set or two like that!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have my Dad's that he carried on a shit load of combat missions in a UH1-B during Vietnam.

I will never part with them. 
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up a really nice ebony set of knuckles  when I was in PI last moth. My girl was looking for something in her purse and pulled them out. Before I left I asked if I could have them and she said sure she can get more. I'll post a picture when i get home tonight.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]

shit i really really want one of these.  does anybody know where they (and not a cheap knock off) can be obtained?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone had any real world "experience" (giving or receiving) with these things? Brass, steel, aluminum, plastic, it doesn't matter.

I want a set, I think mostly because I'm not supposed to have them, but I can't imagine that I'd ever carry them.  In my mind, they are going to break bones and tear skin open if someone was to get hit in the face or on the head with them.
View Quote

My friend hit another kid in high school with them. He paid for reconstructive surgery on the other kid for a decade. (Kid pulled a knife on him the previous day.)
It was disgusting to watch. The kids face opened up immediately. Flaps of face.

They are illegal as fuck to carry, btw.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Arkansas, like most states I've lived in, has some bad laws against brass knuckles (5-73-104).  That's why long ago I started to collect and carry effective "non-weapons."

Like Maglites.  One night a tweaker who was lost just came up to me on my front porch and started punching me in the face.  A quick smack upside the head with a 3-D cell Maglite instantly took all the fight out of him.  The cops took him away and basically just said "thank you."  In a fist fight I would have gotten hurt (or lost!), and if I shot him with the 9mm in my pocket I'd still be dealing with courts.  Shooting people is expensive.  No matter how much they deserve it.

That's why I always carry some sort of tool or equipment that can be also used as a weapon.  A tire iron under the seat of my truck is easy to explain.  So is the Fiskars machete behind the seat (grouped with a few other tools like little pruning shears).  I actually explained to a cop one night how it's not a weapon - I bought it at Home Depot in the garden tool section and how my backyard is such a jungle.  Plus I showed him the dirt and streaks on the blade where I had actually used it to chop some branches.  It seemed to work.

Now when I take my little walks around the neighborhood, I carry a 4-D cell Maglite with a Trilux LED and a few other non-weapon items.  So far it's working.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Arkansas, like most states I've lived in, has some bad laws against brass knuckles (5-73-104).  That's why long ago I started to collect and carry effective "non-weapons."

Like Maglites.  One night a tweaker who was lost just came up to me on my front porch and started punching me in the face.  A quick smack upside the head with a 3-D cell Maglite instantly took all the fight out of him.  The cops took him away and basically just said "thank you."  In a fist fight I would have gotten hurt (or lost!), and if I shot him with the 9mm in my pocket I'd still be dealing with courts.  Shooting people is expensive.  No matter how much they deserve it.

That's why I always carry some sort of tool or equipment that can be also used as a weapon.  A tire iron under the seat of my truck is easy to explain.  So is the Fiskars machete behind the seat (grouped with a few other tools like little pruning shears).  I actually explained to a cop one night how it's not a weapon - I bought it at Home Depot in the garden tool section and how my backyard is such a jungle.  Plus I showed him the dirt and streaks on the blade where I had actually used it to chop some branches.  It seemed to work.

Now when I take my little walks around the neighborhood, I carry a 4-D cell Maglite with a Trilux LED and a few other non-weapon items.  So far it's working.
View Quote
I used to keep a clawed nail puller under the seat until I bought a Kel-lite and then later a Mag-lite.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

shit i really really want one of these.  does anybody know where they (and not a cheap knock off) can be obtained?
View Quote

IMA USA might have one but they can be expensive and they also sell replicas so watch for those.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just picked up a really nice ebony set of knuckles  when I was in PI last moth. My girl was looking for something in her purse and pulled them out. Before I left I asked if I could have them and she said sure she can get more. I'll post a picture when i get home tonight.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Seen a SAP that peeked my interest. It is actually a change purse that has a snap on it so you can loop it on your belt
View Quote

Knife maker and martial artist Fred Perrin was making some like that.

https://youtu.be/_oMwErWi_vI
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Looks like a hybrid of a USMC type fighting knife that the grip from a LF&C type trench knife has been riveted on
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#18]
The two knuckle beard comb, and the black one I picked up in Prague, CZ and carried in Europe.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cold Steel make several models, think the handles are aluminum. Quality looks really good
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Short answer.....no.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#21]
My great grandfather my dad's grandfather carried a black jack in his back pocket for over 65 years. When my dad was a little kid great grandfather sometimes would take him to the bar in the late 40's early 1950's. One afternoon his was sitting on top of the table watching the girls dance, and apparently blocking some other dunks view.

The drunk got up bitching and came after my great grandfather and 5 seconds later he was out cold lying on the floor. Gramps sat down and went back to drinking as if nothing happened. He was a very tall mean son of a bitch, and I only remember some vague memories of him when I was very little.

I have to see of I can find my set of BK I've had since grade school and post a pic maybe tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay so my picture of the ebony set I got in PI didn't show up. It did when I looked on my tablet. Ill move the picture into photobucket tonight then and re- repost it. hers my collection in the mean tikme. I won't carry one as I have seen people here in jail just for having them in their vehicle.

Some cheap knuckles I bought on like and a black jack. The naked lady switch blade came from Tajikistan when I was there, the other 3 switch blades I bought in Munich Germany.

I should see if my uncle would let me make a mold of the set he has that were my grandpas. I've never seen any others like them and I joined the brass knuckles colletors forum years ago. I don't pay the emails from them any attention though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Finally! A use for all that berdan primed 7.62x25 brass!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Had a pair in Iraq, but never got to use them
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Had a set of aluminum ones BACK when I was young ....

I used to carry them in my Levi's back pocket.

And YES they do work as advertised !

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you are wanting them for personal protection, etc., a small sap would be better then knuckles.  A sap is easily concealed and when you hit people with it, it doesn't immediately remove flesh.  

Bonk a guy in the head a few times with a sap and walk away.  The guy isn't ruined but it'll take the fight out of them.
View Quote
I have a couple of those and it wouldn't take more than one bonk on the head to end it, and you had better be careful not to give more than a tap. I strongly suspect anything more than a tap will fracture a skull. Only thing I ever use mine for is tapping by friends on the funny bone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I believe all these things are legal in KY with a CCW license.

As are chucks, stars, switchblades AOWs and DDs.

It's pretty much the wild wild west here.    
View Quote

Yep !

You can carry just about anything in KY with a CCWP !

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Go to welding supply shop, tell them you need 1/2"- 3/4" (depending on hand size.) Bar stock for a project. Makes a great fist pack. Also easy to be rid of and not out $.

Have them cut it slightly longer than your hand so you can also use as a pommel.

Cheep effective, easy to keep in pocket, and won't fuck your knuckles up.  IMO you are not always going to want deadly force, and I have personally witnessed situations were stupid thugs did not get turned around by the sight of a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Carried a pair of Sap Gloves for 10yrs. Don't do the damage that BK do and also don't offend the public.

But they put you down just as hard.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Just beat the attacker over the head with your emptied, still hot and smoking handgun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finally! A use for all that berdan primed 7.62x25 brass!
View Quote

It was beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here in NY a king bolt is probably illegal, I'll have to stick to a rolled up newspaper. Back in the 80s I did see a college football player tangle with a local farm boy in a bar. Farm boy had a link from a barn cleaner chain in his pocket and used it as nucks. Ended badly for Joe college.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Here is the not beautiful version of a home made set of copper knuckles. Very Crude to what was posted here by a member last years sometime.

Home Made Copper Knuckles Lost Foam Casting Not Brass
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Never "used" it, but wear it from time to time when appropriate:

http://www.trueswords.com/extreme-black-self-defense-p-4953.html

Anyone used one?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I always wanted a set when I was younger.

Never did get one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#37]
I think this is similar to what I mentioned earlier.

How To Make Brass Knuckles, From Bullet Shells
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top