Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Off topic but that top pic of the deputies duty rig reminded me that High Speed Gear  is running 20 freaking weeks behind on their orders.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pismo Beach used to be a really cool place to go camping.
View Quote

Used to camp there every year with my family. Brought my kids back there many years ago.

Still cool.

My best friend was going to Cal Poly when this happened. Is the billboard still up off hwy 101?

I always figured it was a murder.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

The chances are low(ish) but never zero
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Coroners van reported to have arrived on scene.
View Quote

Parts be parts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Outstanding podcast on the Kristen Smart story.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't recognize that person, I'm guessing it's from a movie?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn. How the f could you kill someone and bury them on your property. That shit would haunt me daily.

That's because you're probably not a psychopath.

Says the man with THAT avatar.....

Know thyself...
I don't recognize that person, I'm guessing it's from a movie?

If you like good science fiction, you should read The Expanse series.

My avatar is the character Amos.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1 2 or 3
1. DAD did it. Son covered it up.
2. SON did it. Dad covered it up.
3. Totally fucked up Father/Son bonding and they did it together.
View Quote

If option 2 I wonder if elderly pops takes the full wrap to protect younger son.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn. How the f could you kill someone and bury them on your property. That shit would haunt me daily.
View Quote

It's a well known fact that many serial killers love returning to the site where they disposed of bodies. They get off reliving the excitement of the initial crime.

This guy probably relished having her under a patio the whole time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see justice served. Better late than never.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I got interested in this case through a podcast.

Good deal if her family can get closure.

Fuck the sorry motherfuckers that would do this to someone.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If option 2 I wonder if elderly pops takes the full wrap to protect younger son.
View Quote

Won't matter. If there is a body under that slab. (or more than one) both are going to prison.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's a well known fact that many serial killers love returning to the site where they disposed of bodies. They get off reliving the excitement of the initial crime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's true, it's begging the question of where are the other bodies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Actual concrete cutting w/o water to keep the dust down will produce a huge amount of dust.  I would suspect they don't use the water feature on the saw due to the human remains they are looking for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does it mean that the dust appeared to be flowing upward?

Is that the off gassing of the human remains pushing dust up?

I've seen a few CSI type shows and first I have heard of this that I can recall.
Actual concrete cutting w/o water to keep the dust down will produce a huge amount of dust.  I would suspect they don't use the water feature on the saw due to the human remains they are looking for.

That makes sense, but what's the plan when they're cutting and her remains are IN the concrete.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That makes sense, but what's the plan when they're cutting and her remains are IN the concrete.
View Quote

Concrete does a very good job of preserving remains. One of the murders here had a guy encased in concrete for 25 years and you could still see the logo on his T-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much you think he wants for the truck?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hadn't even heard of this case.
View Quote

It was national news... 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The case doesn't really fit a serial killer profile though, does it?  More of an opportunist who sexually assaulted someone and then murdered them to clean up evidence.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I read a search warrant affidavit from the 2000's, she is in the dirt. The entire back yard was concrete and planter boxes where dug out of the concrete around the time she went missing.

Why they did not dig them up back then I'll probably never know. Mom found an earring at the house that didn't belong, gave it to the cops and they lost it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Dibbs on the GMC pickup.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some serial killers will drive across multiple states with a hacked up body in the backseat. Imagine being at a 4 way stop and the local cop is staring at you.

That doesn't bother crazy people.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It would be comfortable, like burying pets in the back yard to keep them near you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#22]
apparently they searched the place a month ago and towed a Volkswagen Cabriolet away

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've seen a few CSI type shows and first I have heard of this that I can recall.
View Quote

Not 20+ years ago...

It's probably a demo/quickie saw being run with just an abrasive blade and no water so it doesn't taint whatever they're looking for.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Won't matter. If there is a body under that slab. (or more than one) both are going to prison.
View Quote

Oh. I thought the state would have to like prove who did it or something.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It shouldn’t really have mattered. They should have torn it up at least in the beginning even without technology.
View Quote

supposedly it would have cost too much money to replace the retaining wall if they dug it out?

Will be a real kick in the nuts if the body is right where everyone suspected all along.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I'm not a psychopath either.  I wouldn't want to walk or drive by the area where a crime was commited.  Pretty obvoius that it would be the first place searched too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope they’re adhering to OSHA 1926.1153.

They really should be using water on the blade. Without it, the blade will overheat and warp. And it’s dusty as fuck.
I was a concrete cutter for 20 years so at least I know I’ll probably die of some sort of lung disease.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those gasses are long gone. It's concrete dust.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes. She was abducted from her bedroom.

The media would confuse the cases on occasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't there another girl named Smart, from UT or somewhere, that as kidnapped around the same time?
Don't let my daughter marry a man named Smart, it's for her own safety. Check.
Yes. She was abducted from her bedroom.

The media would confuse the cases on occasion.

She was the closest thing we have to a modern "girl stolen by indians". Thankfully and surprisingly she seems to have managed a normal life.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#30]
They have cut into what appears to be concrete due to the dust flowing upward
View Quote

Somehow I think that the Liberal article writer has gotten cause and effect confused.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn. That's been 25 years.. I'm old
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Outstanding podcast on the Kristen Smart story.

View Quote

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have something to listen to at work other than a C12 Cat.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I wonder if modern technology has allowed them to look into/through the concrete
View Quote

On February 11, 2021, KSBY reported that Paul Flores was arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, on suspicion of being a felon in possession of a firearm, which is a felony.[32]

On March 15, 2021, a search warrant was issued to search Ruben Flores' home, including the use of cadaver dogs and ground-penetrating radar. An older-model Volkswagen was being towed from the home of Ruben Flores after cadaver dogs searched the vehicle. [33]

On April 13, 2021, Paul and Ruben Flores were taken into custody by San Luis Obispo County police officers in relation to the case. [34]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Unless the body is in concrete, I'm surprised there's anything left to find after 25 years. Glad her family finally gets some closure.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They have been searching the Flores' yards for decades.  Unusual, new concrete was noted more than 20 years ago by investigators, as well as reported by neighbors.
View Quote

looking at Google Earth, the concrete pad was there in 1994. Now they could have replaced the concrete if they did bury her there.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kinda think its not uncommon, as at least you have control over the property, maybe some guilt on top who knows. be interesting to pick their brains on it. I'm sure someone has.

few years back a guy on his death bed admitted to murders, and said he burred them in the garage of the house he was renting.

sure enough they found em shortly after the dude died. guess it never left him.

I knew the guy who lived in the house, they had to unpile the poor guys collections of old cars and bondo dust just to get to the site. it was quite a thing, long garage, he had a old corvette in there he talked about for years. nice guy, died shortly after... unrelated, cancer or something, probably from all the bondo dust.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

looking at Google Earth, the concrete pad was there in 1994. Now they could have replaced the concrete if they did bury her there.

https://i.imgur.com/k3sitt1.jpg
View Quote

Wrong house. Branch street was mom's house when he told a friend he killed her and left her there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wrong house. Branch street was mom's house when he told a friend he killed her and left her there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they're at his Dad's house
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh. I thought the state would have to like prove who did it or something.
View Quote

Accessory to the crime.  That law that GD never seems to understand.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I moved to that area in 1998 and it was still big news at that time.  Glad they finally figured it out and arrested that asshole.
View Quote

We moved away in 1997. I remember this case like it was yesterday. Hard to believe it was 25 years ago.

I hope they can finally prosecute him.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have been searching the Flores' yards for decades.  Unusual, new concrete was noted more than 20 years ago by investigators, as well as reported by neighbors.

they had google earth in 1994?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might surprise you, but aerial surveying and photography has been around awhile. Google didn't invent it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Accessory to the crime.  That law that GD never seems to understand.
View Quote

Please remember everyone here is just a simpleton beneath your god-like worldly LEO knowledge.
Do they just proclaim "Thou art an accessory" and you go straight to jail or what?
Without a confession or evidence to prove it wasn't just one of them acting alone is it hard to put both behind bars a quarter century after the fact?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Tag for updates
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Charged with murder

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably the first time on GD I've seen that phrase used properly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not 20+ years ago...

It's probably a demo/quickie saw being run with just an abrasive blade and no water so it doesn't taint whatever they're looking for.
View Quote

Also if they had a ground penetrating radar survey they know what they're after, so after a certain depth it'll be hand chisels and brushes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Imagine if it's not even her.

My kids better learn how to party properly before high school is over. Passing out after midnight just out in the open is not a great plan most of the time, especially if you are a young girl.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#50]
From my understanding it wasn’t just that she was buried and a slab poured over her but the body was basically incased in concrete under the ground.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top