Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658438/SAS-hero-drowned-ISIS-fighter-puddle.html

The troops were surrounded by approximately 50 ISIS militants yesterday close to Mosul in Northern Iraq as they had just withdrawn from an intelligence gathering mission, according to the Daily Star.

In the ambush, soldiers fatally shot several militants before their ammunition ran out and they were forced to use their guns as battering rams, knives, wit and brute strength to defeat the enemy.  
One man even drowned an ISIS fighter in a puddle before picking up a stone which he smashed into another man's face.

Sources told the Daily Star that they were convinced they were going to die in the battle, so they chose to 'go out fighting' in the hope that they would kill as many ISIS fighters as possible before they died.
View Quote

Cause if you lose your head and give up, you neither live nor win. ~ Josey Wales
View Quote

Jeez, reads like a Dan Abnett wh40k fight.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because the same paper prints stories about all female SAS undercover units shooting their way through IS checkpoints, and troops about to be over run when the enemy was scared off by a loveable military working dog, or an SAS sniper saving prisoners about to be beheaded by blowing he bad guys head off from 2000 yards. It's CNN/Washington Post level journalism (they make shit up).

There is a thread about once a month on the latest made up tale of SAS heroics in the war against IS. And all of it is shit you would see in crappy action movie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah.... that didn't actually happen.
It happened a whole bunch in WW2 and Korea by heavily outnumbered U.S. troops. Why is it so difficult to believe it could happen today?
Because the same paper prints stories about all female SAS undercover units shooting their way through IS checkpoints, and troops about to be over run when the enemy was scared off by a loveable military working dog, or an SAS sniper saving prisoners about to be beheaded by blowing he bad guys head off from 2000 yards. It's CNN/Washington Post level journalism (they make shit up).

There is a thread about once a month on the latest made up tale of SAS heroics in the war against IS. And all of it is shit you would see in crappy action movie.
Never heard of it. Links?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The SAS are legit.

I've read on here many members who've worked with them directly saying they are awesome.

I have not, obviously, but they are one of the few SF outside of our own that has my full respect.

That's a great story.

Excellent job Brits.

View Quote
Do America have any sf that are on par with sas sbs ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Syria - Russian mercenaries? use sledge hammer on Isis member?

Click
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't speak from personal experience but I believe at least Delta and the SEALS would be equivalent.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The SAS are legit.

I've read on here many members who've worked with them directly saying they are awesome.

I have not, obviously, but they are one of the few SF outside of our own that has my full respect.

That's a great story.

Excellent job Brits.

View Quote
Considering that the SEALS and Delta were modeled on them, I should hope so.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Baptizing and exorcising (beating) the debbil out of the heathens are OK with the Bible, aren't they?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds like BS, but I wanna believe.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
2010,USMC Sgt beat a Taliban fighter to death with his own machine gun after running out of ammunition. Not so different.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone should have brought a hatchet.
View Quote
I imagine they will next time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Brittish SAS goes medieval on ISIS, killing them with rocks and a puddle
View Quote
You misspelled "poodle"
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the SAS were out of ammo and throwing rocks and stabbing, why wouldnt the ISIS fighter stay 30 yards back and dump lead.  Why go hand to hand when you have an AK?  Me smells a lot of BS.
View Quote
They were probably trying to capture them by over running them. SAS getting beheaded would be a big PR stubt for ISIS . Or ISIS is so pinched in mosul they are out of ammo too 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a great story but given inconsistencies in the story along with the source, I have my doubts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If this happened there is drone footage and I want to see some Wile E Coyote kills.
View Quote
Yeah.  bet we don't get much proof of this.

riveting tale old chap.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Outclassed, a surprise to none.

ETA- regardless of story authenticity. It would hardly be a surprise that SAS or other special forces fight with what they have and prevail.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay. It's like we read one of these every week. How many are real?

"SAS disguised as women ambush ISIS!"

"Sniper kills ISIS executioner as he's about to behead 87 orphans!"

"Sniper shoots jihadi from the International Space Station!"

SAS beats ISIS thug to death with own dick!"
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I want to believe.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not just drowned him, but drowned him in a damned PUDDLE, then bashed in someone's face with a rock. That man has both a serious will to live, and a serious will to close with and kill his enemy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad Motherfuckers right there. The guy who drowned one and beat the other to death with a rock sounds like a guy i want to party with...
Not just drowned him, but drowned him in a damned PUDDLE, then bashed in someone's face with a rock. That man has both a serious will to live, and a serious will to close with and kill his enemy.
It rains a lot in Iraq in June/July.

Puddles everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#21]
"The troops were surrounded by approximately 50 ISIS militants yesterday close to Mosul..."

"In the ambush, soldiers fatally shot several militants before their ammunition ran out..."

"The source counted 32 dead ISIS fighters during the battle which lasted just over four hours..."

Much respect for the SAS, but Im not buying it.

Shot several guys, then killed over 20 in hand to hand...or killed a couple in hand to hand and the rest with indirect or something...in a battle that went on for four hours with no QRF.

I would think if this was undercover sorts of spooky things with limited weapons and ammo they would have had a QRF plan.  But whatever.

Much respect for the SAS.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn fine story

The other one I liked was an Israeli Special Forces dude picking up a live enemy and blocking a grenade blast with him
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
With all of these war stories you'd think isis would be defeated by now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If the SAS were out of ammo and throwing rocks and stabbing, why wouldnt the ISIS fighter stay 30 yards back and dump lead.  Why go hand to hand when you have an AK?  Me smells a lot of BS.
View Quote
No, it's a legit question.  Gotta remember we lack exacting detail of how things unfolded.  Even if out of ammo, I would think the soldiers at this level wouldn't go all willy-nilly doing stupid stuff.  And you know the awareness of what ISIS would do to a captured SAS soldier would be weighing heavily on their minds.  Why not lay in wait until close quarters could be achieved...or some other method to surprise the enemy.  I'm betting most/all of the ISIS guys in this scenario had little to no CQC training and certainly nothing on the level of the SAS guys.  While the SAS guys are doing their close quarters ambush on these ISIS guys with bare hands, knives, and such, surely some of them would take up the weapons of their "victims" to try and get an advantage.

Is it possible this story is overblown or exaggerated?...sure.  Still, history is full of outnumbered, outgunned scenarios where either the good guys or the bad guys turned the tide in an unlikely outcome.  All the stories of war hero's valiant acts aren't just something out of Hollywood.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No, it's a legit question.  Gotta remember we lack exacting detail of how things unfolded.  Even if out of ammo, I would think the soldiers at this level wouldn't go all willy-nilly doing stupid stuff.  And you know the awareness of what ISIS would do to a captured SAS soldier would be weighing heavily on their minds.  Why not lay in wait until close quarters could be achieved...or some other method to surprise the enemy.  I'm betting most/all of the ISIS guys in this scenario had little to no CQC training and certainly nothing on the level of the SAS guys.  While the SAS guys are doing their close quarters ambush on these ISIS guys with bare hands, knives, and such, surely some of them would take up the weapons of their "victims" to try and get an advantage.

Is it possible this story is overblown or exaggerated?...sure.  Still, history is full of outnumbered, outgunned scenarios where either the good guys or the bad guys turned the tide in an unlikely outcome.  All the stories of war hero's valiant acts aren't just something out of Hollywood.
View Quote
A shit load of it is simply war propaganda.  Nothing to do with Hollywood.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I owe those guys a pint.

Each.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Damn fine story

The other one I liked was an Israeli Special Forces dude picking up a live enemy and blocking a grenade blast with him
View Quote
There is a FLIR video of that, so I can believe that story.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you could definitely be right.  Unfortunately lots of fake news at all levels.  Still, my response to the other poster was about how a trained force could make the best out of a bad situation when dealing with a relatively untrained force.  We are talking about SAS vs. ISIS goons, but we'll probably never really know.  The Benghazi 13-Hours scenario comes to mind when I think about a few trained "experts" confronted with goat herders turned warriors-for-allah.  Sure...not exactly the same scenario at all, but highly trained, highly motivated, special forces types going up against untrained goons often doesn't work out so well for the goons.  But who knows.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, you could definitely be right.  Unfortunately lots of fake news at all levels.  Still, my response to the other poster was about how a trained force could make the best out of a bad situation when dealing with a relatively untrained force.  We are talking about SAS vs. ISIS goons, but we'll probably never really know.  The Benghazi 13-Hours scenario comes to mind when I think about a few trained "experts" confronted with goat herders turned warriors-for-allah.  Sure...not exactly the same scenario at all, but highly trained, highly motivated, special forces types going up against untrained goons often doesn't work out so well for the goons.  But who knows.
View Quote
If you are surrounded by 50 enemy and run out of amoo with 20 left you are pretty fucktarded.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't they also do a successful bayonet charge in Iraq years ago?

ETA:  
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bayonet-charge-foils-enemy-ambush

Apparently they still do this from time to time.  Why do we not have US bayonet charges?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There is a FLIR video of that, so I can believe that story.
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We need a meme with modern day crusaders armed with rifles and armor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ISIS Goat fucker: 'We kill these western dogs! We have Allah guiding us! We are unstoppable!'

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder298/73639298.jpg

ISIS Goat fucker: 'Oh shit! Allah why have you forsaken us!?!???'
We need a meme with modern day crusaders armed with rifles and armor.
Yes, we do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Killed him with a fucking puddle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote
There is one without pop up text boxes fucking everything up but I can't find it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is one without pop up text boxes fucking everything up but I can't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx70Rp6Ue3M
View Quote
Click little gear icon and turn off "annotations."

Thanks for the vid!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#37]
so you non believers keep eating your Cheetos in mom's basement you fat fucks. I guess it's so distant for you since you've never braved the world other than when it was cold(70F) to go get a pepsi and pizza when your mom was out of town and couldn't cover a tip for delivery. Glad she is home now since you have blisters from walking 2 blocks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
so you non believers keep eating your Cheetos in mom's basement you fat fucks. I guess it's so distant for you since you've never braved the world other than when it was cold(70F) to go get a pepsi and pizza when your mom was out of town and couldn't cover a tip for delivery. Glad she is home now since you have blisters from walking 2 blocks.
View Quote
dafuq? lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#39]
UK women, open your arms, and your legs, and allow these men to ravish you, so that the future of the UK can be given over to alpha males such as these. You need to breed warriors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I like happy endings.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like happy endings.
View Quote
Most fairy tales end that way.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Those men are warriors.
View Quote
Effin A!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Didn't they also do a successful bayonet charge in Iraq years ago?

ETA:  
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bayonet-charge-foils-enemy-ambush

Apparently they still do this from time to time.  Why do we not have US bayonet charges?
View Quote
Well, because trying to stab someone seems rather retarded when I could blow him up with IDF? Maybe?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#45]
not true dont believe it
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx70Rp6Ue3M
View Quote
I watched that years ago.  It's still impressive. 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#49]
The brits...sending a tiny unit...running out of ammo...and not having a viable recovery plan, QRF, or internal mobility assets...

That never happens...
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Now I don't feel so bad at not buying this
View Quote
I am having a hard time believing SAS to be that incompetent, and they have a reputation for lying.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top